Chapter 34

Love(Editing)

Jay

I stretched my legs out on the couch and rested my arms behind my neck before I layed down. I listened to the cool voice of Kim Joo-Woo as he sang about his lover.

"Ah...such good music on such a beautiful day" I sighed. The Sunday afternoon breeze was just my type. I felt more relaxed and my head was starting to clear up from the past few days. The past few days have been rough and darn right annoying.  Every waking hour,either Seo Young or my mother called. Rattling on about some nonsense and what they thought was right.
That girl is going to ruin you or You really don't know what a beautiful person looks like since your mind is pre-occupied by that Ghetto trash
That last one was from none other than my own mother. Talk about mother knows best. I loved and still love Zhara. She was the one and only person who supported me both emotionally and verbally. She stood up for me when I was being persecuted by my mom for the fact that I wanted to continue breakdancing and rapping. She fought against my mom like it was her battle. She would cry with me when I felt like just giving up or when I was losing hope.

"Woah! I'm so stupid" I hit my forehead and my side,thinking. I've been a real towards Zhara. I should have shown her that I still cared about her. That everyday a little part of me died just from me missing her so much.

"I really ed up this time" I mumbled to myself, trying not to tear up. Now that I've realized I was given so many opportunities to try and explain myself but because of my wounded heart and my selfish ego,I didn't. 

But Monday was going to be my day to show Zhara that I still want her. Hyori and Eddie's plan is to bring Zhara to my apartment and Hyori getting a phone call from Eddie. And when she makes up and excuse leaves, I'll come and try to talk to Zhara. I layed there,just wallowing in self anguish. As I was about to turn the other way, I heard my phone ringing. I reached out to where it was on the coffee table and grabbed it in one swift move. I immediately clicked answer,not caring to check who was calling.

"Jay, hi" I heard the voice of Zico greeting me.

"Oh hey what's up?" I asked,sitting up.

"I'm in Pusan with Eun Ji and her siblings visiting some people" he answered.

"Ah! That's nice. Send my greets to Eun Ji" I said,about to hang up.

"Jay...can I talk to you...on...ah..." he trailed off. I fully sat up wondering what he wanted to talk to me about.

"Go on,Jiho"

"I told Eun Ji that I liked her but told her to stay away from me" he said quickly. Wow,this was some news. I definitely knew for a fact that Eun Ji had been crushing on Jiho for almost 3 years,but I never knew that Jiho actually liked her.

"Why would you say that of all things,Jiho?"

"Because...I'll hurt her" He mumbled. 

"Why do you think that?" I asked,sitting up straight.

"I'm not good enough for her. She deserves better and I'm not good for her" he responded.

"Jiho, how would you ever know that you aren't good for her when you haven't given her the chance?" 

"I already know! You already know my reputation with my past girlfriends. I treated them horrible. I didn't give them the attention and love that they needed"

"What's done is done. Let the past be the past,Jiho. She might be the one to straighten you out and you'll never find out"

"It's better this way,Jay" he said,before clearing his throat.

"Whatever you want,Jiho"  I said. 

"So who did you guys meet down there?" I asked trying lighten the mood.

"The guys...you know Kang Gary,Jaehyo and all of them"

"Ah! Tell them I said hi"

"Will do,Jaebeom" It felt weird hearing my actual name being used. It's been a while since I last heard it.

"So when are you guys coming back?"

"Monday afternoon" Zico replied.

"Alright man. Take care of yourself and stay safe!" I said. And with that,I hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and got up. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple before heading to my room. I took a bite out of the apple. I headed towards my bed. I put the apple between my teeth and grabbed the shoe box from under. I sat it on the bed and opened it. I pulled out a photo of Zhara in her white wedding dress, holding a bouquet of flowers. It was a month before the wedding and she took the picture and sent it to me. I put it aside and grabbed another one.

The picture was I and Zhara sharing a kiss right after I had proposed. I closed my eyes,trying to remember that day but for some reason I couldn't.  I placed that aside and picked up the black ring box. I opened it and the 2.5 carat white diamond.

"Ah!" I sighed, closing the ring box. I put the pictures back and placed the box under the bed.

Tomorrow was going to be my day!

____________________________________________________

It's been a while since I last updated.

Thank you to all of the people who subscribed to my story :)