Chapter 23

Love(Editing)

Hyori

It was finally Friday. I rolled around in bed and came face to face with Eddie. He opened his eyes, and smiled at me.

“Morning beautiful” He said, brushing my hair away from my face.

“Morning” I said, pinching his nose. I let go and scooted myself closer to him until we were face to face, our lips inches away from each other. I wrapped my arms around him and layed my head on his chest. I was worried about the plan that was supposed to happen on Monday.

“Eddie…”

“Huh?”

“Do you think it will work?” I asked, looking up at him. I really didn’t feel comfortable lying to my friend and setting her up.

“Yeah it will, as long as everything goes as we planned” He said, kissing me on the forehead.

“What if she finds out?”

“Then we’ll deal with the consequences”

“Ok” I said. I removed my hands away and got up.

“Where’re you going?”

“I’m going to get ready and make breakfast” I replied. I took off my PJs, took a shower and brushed my teeth. When I got out, Eddie was still lying in bed with a pillow over his head.

“Call me when breakfast is ready” He mumbled, his voice barely audioable. 

“Ok” I said, walking out of the bedroom. When I went into the kitchen, I found Zhara standing by the stove making something that looked like crepes.

“Ahem” I cleared my throat.

“Oh hey” She said, turning around.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked.

“I’m making breakfast for the both of you and it was suppose to be a surprise but you ruined it”

“Oh  sorry”

“Just do me a favor and go back to your bedroom. I’ll bring you breakfast when I’m done”

“Ok Captain” I said, saluting. I marched back to our bedroom and planted myself on the bed.

“I thought you were going to go make breakfast” Eddie said, as he lifted the pillow off his head. He looked really tried.

“Zhara’s making it for us today” I said, pulling the coverings off so I could crawl under.

“Oh tell her I said thank you” He whispered.

“I will” I didn’t like seeing him so tried. I crawled next to him and put his head on my chest. I put my hand on his head and massaged his head.

“Ahh it feels so relaxing” He said, closing his eyes. I looked at the clock and it was already 10am. As I was massaging his head, the door opened. Zhara came in with our breakfast. On the silver tray, there were 2 plates of crêpes with strawberries on top, 2 glasses of Aloe Vera juice and a side dish of mixed fruits.

She came and sat it on the little table next to our bed.

“Thank you so much, Zhara” I said.

“Yep, when you’re done, call me” She said, walking out.

"Sweetie, the food is here” I said, gently shaking him to wake up.

“Oh ok” He said, getting up. We both made our way towards the table and sat down.

“This looks so delicious” I said, clapping my hands.  I always got excited whenever I saw delicious food. People always stared at me in public when I saw food. I usually will make a dumb face and my lips. But Eddie didn’t mind receiving weird looks from strangers.

“Yeah it does” Eddie said, rubbing his eyes. He got up and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He came back 2 minutes later and dug into his food. We sat there eating in silence. The food really was delicious. After we were done, I called out Zhara’s name. She came in and took away the tray.

“Thank you, Zhara” Eddie said, bowing.

“You guys should stay in bed today. I’ll take care of everything” She said, bowing and leaving

“Wow, this is the best day ever” I shouted, getting up and doing my Pabo dance, which involved me shaking my legs out and rubbing my stomach.

“Please tone the noise level down” Eddie said, getting up. He walked to the bed and hid himself underneath the blankets.

“Sorry” I said, bowing even though he couldn’t see me. I went under the covers and wrapped my arms around him.

“I’m sorry” I said, pouting. He turned to face me and smiled.

“Don’t be sorry” He said, leaning in to kiss my lips.

“I’m just really tried and I need some rest” He said, breaking away. He turned his back on me and all I could hear was a soft breathing coming from him.

“Ok” I said, rubbing his back. I kept on rubbing his back until I too drifted off to sleep.