Chapter 38

Love(Editing)

—Seo Young—
I sat at the edge of my bed with my feet dangling in mid air. I pulled my legs up and brought them close to my chest. I stared at the chrysanthemum colored wall facing me and let out a sigh.

After all of the trouble that I had gone through to get Jay back, in the end, he still went back to Zhara. I got up and walked to the bathroom and grabbed the bottle of sleeping pills. I looked at myself in the mirror,studying myself. 

I wasn't ugly but apparently every man that I ever liked, besides Jay, have run away from me.

"I don't want to go through the rest of my life like this. I can't..." I whispered, looking down at the bottle in my hand. The thought of what God might do to me, held me back. I mean I wasn't the religious type but taking my life was definitely a big no-no.

Suicide was a frightening word for me.

Sobered, I went back to my bed and sank onto the edge of the mattress with the bottle still in hand. I was  too much of a coward to take my own life.

You're really a mess, I thought, brushing back long tresses from my face. What was left for a person like me?

I really needed to get my life together. I needed to stop listening to Jay's mother and going along with her devious plans.

I needed to try and move on. I can't believe I wasted 4 years of my life trying to live a made-up fantasy, and making a poor girl like Zhara suffer. I placed the bottle on the nightstand. 

Standing, I went to the large walk-in-closet on one side of the bedroom. I grabbed the shoes that Jaehan had gotten for me for my 22nd birthday.  

For the first time that night, I smiled.

I wondered if Jaehun was seeing anyone. 

For the first time, I realized Jaehun  was the first man to ever treat me nice even though I was very rude to him. The realization didn't settle on me easily as I clutched the shoes. 

"What am I supposed to do? You aren't coming back." The sound of my own words crushed me to my knees and the sobs I had fought so hard to keep away, descended down in full force. 

In the close darkness of the closet, I wept loudly.

I was such a fool believing in all of those lies and not actually seeing the person in front of me.

Jaehun...I'm sorry.