Chapter 42

Love(Editing)

*Seung Ho*

"Hye, you're such an idiot!"

"I'm the idiot? You can't even tell the difference between a man and a woman!"

"Yes I can! I bet you ₩5 million wons , you wimpy and ugly rat!"

"WILL YOU BOTH JUST SHUT THE UP!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, I'd managed to keep my temper in check through out the whole night, but these two just wouldn't quit arguing. They had quickly used up my patience. Park Hye and Jo Young Min  were coincidentally the two single most annoying people ever to graze the face of the earth.

I had come to the bar to calm down after an unsuccessful bargain for guns  with a powerful Italian Mafia boss,who had refused to give me the guns unless I gave him a certain amount of money. That wasn't going to go well so I called off the meeting and came to one of the hottest bars in the eastern part of Seoul. To think the moment that I walked through the door and saw Hye and Young Min, they would have a little mercy for their boss, who was having a really uneven day.

And of course I had to be sitting right in between them. I peered down at my phone. It was only a quarter after 8pm, and the fun hadn't even started. 
Good gracious, the night hadn't even started yet and already I felt like strangling the both of them. I  had never felt more deeply annoyed and enraged by anyone, until I saw these two. I just wished for them to disappear off the face of the earth!

"Sorry Uncle Seung Ho…" Hye apologized in a highly sing-song voice. I heard Young Min laughing as his partner-in-crime and secret girlfriend mocked me. It was like they were trying to piss me off. And I assure you, they were doing a magnificent job.

"Haven't I warned you to stop calling me that!"

I had no idea when or why they had started referring to me as 'Uncle' every time they saw me, which was practically every day. Besides, the both of them were older than me by two years.

It was really starting to  get on my nerves. To irritate me further on, Min Suk and Cho Kwon  began laughing at my expense. I angrily let out a huff, and my frustration sent all of them into a fit of uncontrolled laughter.

I was already feeling exasperated from trying to fight back.

"I'm going out for a smoke!" I finally announced, knowing that if I stayed any longer, I would deeply be tempted to physically harm someone. I heard them snickering and chuckling as I got up and exited the room, heading for the exit door. I had to fight the urge of turning back around and seriously damaging someone's face.

I slowed down my pace the moment the fresh air entered my nostrils. 

I reached deep down inside my pocket and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. I lit the cigarette and inhaled the tobacco that was sure to relax my body. I looked around the deserted entrance and exhaled. I began walking around, towards where the back alley was located. I took another drag, kicking the ground.

That's when I heard it. Quiet sobbing coming from up ahead.

I tilted my head in curiosity as I followed the noise, silently  drifting towards its source. I turned a corner, before a sight stopped me dead in my tracks.

There she was. Kim Eun Ji. She looked exactly like a ghost… no, even a ghost was way better off than her, but the empty shell of a soulless body. She was pale and gaunt, almost sickly looking. I dropped my cigarette and stepped on it subconsciously, never taking my eyes off of Eun Ji.

She was shaking, and cowered close against the wall. She covered her face with her hands and curled up into a little ball on the rat infested ground, adjacent to a puke green garbage stand.

"Eun Ji?" I gasped. My eyes went wide and my mouth fell open a little. This, I hadn't been expecting. What was she doing here? What happened to her?
She shrank closer to the wall as she peeked at me through her fingers. Her brown eyes were rimmed with tears.

"P-please leave me alone." She stuttered in a small, barely audible voice. I took a step forward and she winced, whimpering slightly.

"What happened?" I asked, keeping all emotions out of my voice. I needed to keep my voice level the same in order not to scare her. She just sobbed into the crock of her arm without a response.

"Tell me, Eun Ji." I commanded, a little too forcefully. It wasn't like I cared, I was just curious. Fine I admit it, a little part of me cared.

"No leave me alone!" She suddenly got up off the floor, glaring at me, all the traces of fear and sadness now gone. Just anger and bitterness was now seen.

I clenched my fists, trying not to get angry. I was just trying to know if she was ok.

"How am I supposed to just leave you here? You're really dumb, you stupid !" I bit my tongue, mentally cursing myself for letting one slip. I had been trying very hard to be nice to people.

As soon as I had began yelling at her, she automatically shrank away. I began to stomp away, tired of her. She could go and die in a hole for all I care! What was the point of trying to be a saint anyways? There was nothing to gain from helping her on whatever  she was going through. It wasn't my problem. Absolutely not my ing problem!

I didn't even know why I had asked in the first place. It didn't matter anymore. All I cared about was going home and crawling under my blanket.

Before I left, I turned around and took on my familiar ominous expression.

"By the way, Kim, you're right in the path of Bangtan's territory. About fifteen BGT guys will be meeting here in about a few minutes or so, in which they will have no issue tearing you to pieces despise the fact that you're a poor innocent girl. Better prepare yourself." I watched as Eun Ji's already tearful eyes grew wide with terror.

"If you try going down south, you'll run right into them." I smiled and smirked demonically at her. They wouldn't even give her a chance to cry out for help. They'd surely rip her to shreds and later feed her to the dogs.

She looked at me with clear animalistic fear in her eyes.

"I can help you if only you repeat what I tell you."

"Please, can you help me?" She pleaded in a teary whisper. 

"That doesn't sound like someone who is desperate for my help" I teased, crossing my arms.

"W-what d-do you want me to say?" She questioned, barely audible even at such a close approximaty. I could hear BGT fast approaching. By the look on her face she definitely heard them just as well as I did.

"Say Please, Seung Ho, save me for I am but a filthy rat."

"Ex-excuse m-me?" She asked, sounding like she could burst into tears at any moment.

"Well, the longer you delay, the faster your death wish approaches."

"Y-y-you are evil!" She sobbed.

"You're running out of time,Kim."

I said as I looked in the direction of the voices that were drawing closer.

"Please Seung Ho, save me for I am but a filthy rat..." she whispered before bursting into tears. To say that I didn't feel a pinch of guilt for humiliating her would be an understatement. Of course, I was feeling guilty for insulting sweet and innocent Eun Ji. But the added attitude from her really broke me and I had to get the anger off of my chest even though it was directed at the wrong person. 

I yanked her up by her elbow and she let out a whimper, clearly terrified. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, silently waiting for BGT. I heard their voices before I saw them. They were fifteen men being led by Cho Dong Won, who just happened to be the leader of BGT and one of my closet allies and friend. The thirst for death and blood clouded the air. The gang set their eyes on us, hatred and hunger for blood seeping through their body. I felt Eun Ji shudder under me as they got closer.

"Dong Won, is that you?" I shouted, walking forward.

"Seung Ho, is that really you?" He shouted back, getting closer.

"Of course you bastard, who else could it be?" I asked, closing the gap between us. Dong Won was a menacing looking young man. He had a deep scar by the left eye from a guy who tried to claw out his left eyeball.

"Always being so charismatic and a gentleman, aren't you, Seung Ho?" He greeted, putting up his hand to stop his guys from attacking. I released Eun Ji and hugged Dong Won. It had been a while since I last saw him. I thought that he had gotten killed but seeing him in flesh faded all of my worries. I released him and went back to Eun Ji's side.

"I thought you had left your womanizing days behind you, but I guess people don't really change, do they?" He said, flickering his eyes at Eun Ji. I looked down at Eun Ji as she stepped back, trembling.

"Oh Eun Ji, she's just a friend of mine!" I responded.

"Ha ha ha, do you really expect me to believe that? Seung Ho is never friends with women"

"Yah Dong Won! Shut Up! She's really my friend" I said, pulling her closer.

"Then you wouldn't mind me going out with her, would you? Now that I look at it, she's kind of cute..." he reached out his hand as if to touch her, but I glared at him, warning him off.

"Ha ha, I believe you, Seung Ho. No need to get mad" He joked, bringing his hands up.

What puzzled me about Dong Won was the fact that he was able to freely joke around and live a "normal" life despite what he did.

"So who is getting it tonight?" I asked, shifting from one foot to another.

"We're not going to fight! We're just going to give some brats a good scare. They apparently think that this is their territory when it clearly isn't" he answered, his voice seething with anger.

"Alright, good luck with that and get yourself home safely" I pulled away and gave him a quick hug.

"Yah Eun Ji, don't be afraid of Seung Ho! He's really a good person when you really get to know him as a person!" He spoke, before flashing his pearly white teeth. He looked like the young Cho Dong Won, who I had met when I was just about sixteen years old. I pulled my lips into a strained line as old blissful memories came flooding in.

"Ok..." I heard Eun Ji answer in a frightful tone. I stared as Dong Won messed with her hair in a playful way. Eun Ji suddenly let out a small laugh, pulling away from him. 

We said our goodbyes and stood to the side as Dong Won marched on with his little army of men. I pulled Eun Ji closer as I began walking towards the parking lot where my car was parked. The walk was slow and agonizing. When we got to the car, I unlocked it and we got in. I was in a decent mood after running into Dong Won.

"Do you want me to drop you off at your place? Or come to my place?" I asked, whilst starting the car. I pulled out of the parking lot, heading for the intersection ahead. I turned to look at Eun Ji, who just sat there, with her knees to her chest. I turned my attention back to the road, waiting for her response. But she said nothing.

"Well I guess it's my place tonight" I said, hoping to get a response from her but she yet again said nothing.

When we came to a stop light,  I looked over at her and saw that she was clutching her legs tightly to her body, her chin resting on her knees. She rocked back and forth, as tears streamed down her ashy cheeks. I was  in a trance but managed to pull away in time to see the light turn green. I sped down the road, occasionally glancing at her. The guilt weigh heavily in my heart as her tears turned into sobs.

It was awe-inspiring, and it broke me down bit by bit as the minutes passed by. It killed me on the inside to see her like this.

"Eun Ji...I'm sorry..." I whispered without looking at her.

___________________________________________________

Leave comments below and tell me what you think about it :)