Chapter 8

Love(Editing)

 Jay’

 Seo Young said that she needed to use the restroom. It had been 5 minutes since Zhara went to the restroom. After another 5 minutes or so, Seo Young came back smiling.

“What’s so funny? I want to laugh too” I asked, wanting to know.

“Oh nothing” She replied, waving her arms around as if clearing an invisible smoke.

“Ok, you want something to drink?” I asked.

“Nope, I’m fine” She answered. I looked towards the door that lead to the bathrooms, Zhara still hadn’t come out yet. I was starting to get worried. What if something bad has happened to her? I saw Hyori walking towards the women’s restroom, her face flushed red from laughing too much.

“Jay what do you want to do after this?” Seo Young whispered, wrapping her arms around my neck. She leaned in closer to my ear.

“Do you want to play tonight?” She asked.

“No, I’m fine” I answered, getting her arms off me.

“You promised you would come over tonight” Seo Young said, not giving up.

“I’ll going home with you, then we’ll see what happens” I said.

“Thank you,” She said, kissing me on the cheek.

“Yep” I said, getting annoyed. She already knew that I hated that word. Zhara never called me that. I turned my head and looked the door leading to the restrooms. I saw Hyori coming out, with concerned look on her face. She walked through the crowd, walking towards the corner where Zico stood. She whispered some stuff to him. When she saw me staring, she gave me a death glare. What was her problem? Why did she look so mad? And why was she looking at me like that! She and Zico made their way through the crowd, walking towards the restroom.

“Oppa, what are you looking at?” Seo Young asked, grabbing my chin.

“I was just looking at the walls. They are beautiful” I lied, not wanting her to know.

“Eww, the walls are hideous!” She exclaimed.

“Why would they put pictures of themselves anyways? No one cares about how they looked like in the past” She continued.

“Seo Young!” I whispered, on the edge of losing it. She was seriously making me mad.

“What?” She snapped back.

“If you don’t have anything nice to say, then I advise you to shut the up” I said, giving her a warning look.

“Okay” She whispered, looking hurt. I went back to looking at the restroom. I saw the trio walking out. Hyori parted from the group and disappeared into the crowd. Zico and Zhara kept on walking, towards the exit door. I felt a person coming closer behind me. I turned and saw Seo Young also staring; I went back to staring also. Zhara turned behind, and caught me staring. I couldn’t really see well, but I saw enough. Her eyes were swollen from apparently crying. That look on her face reminded me of the same look she gave me the day she was leaving me. The sad look of hurt and disappointment.

As I was watching, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around thinking it was SeoYoung, but it was Eddie and Hyori standing there.

“Can I talk to you outside?” Eddie asked his voice on the edge. He looked really mad.

“Sure” I replied. I wonder why he looks so mad.

“Where are you two going?” Hyori asked.

“Nowhere, just need to have a little conversation with Jay” Eddie said.

“Ok” Seo Young said unsure.

“I’ll keep Seo Young Company. You guys take your time” Hyori said, smiling.

“Follow me” Eddie said, walking ahead.

I followed along. We got out of the ball room, pass the lobby and into the stair well. He closed the door after I had come in.

“What did you say to Zhara?” Eddie asked with his back turned away from me.

“Nothing. I never said anything to her” I replied. I was confused. What was going on?

“Jay, I’m tired of your BS. Now tell me what you said to her” He asked, facing me.

“I said nothing, why?” I asked, wanting to know.

“You must have said something because Zhara is falling apart” He said, calming down a bit.

“I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. I don’t know what her problem is” I said, getting annoyed.

“Did you say that you are going to marry Seo Young?” He asked

“What!” I asked, shocked. Even if I die and get a chance at having a .next life, I would never marry Seo Young. I needed to play it cool.

“Quit acting stupid” He said, raising his hand and combing his hair.

“So what if I’m going to marry Seo Young? It’s none of Zhara’s business” I answered.

“So you are going to marry Seo Young?” He asked.

“I said IF. There is a difference between if and will” I said, emphasizing the word if.

“I’m just asking” He said, putting his hands up.

“Wait! Why did she look so distressed?” I asked.

“I’m not quite sure but Hyori said something about Seo Young telling Zhara about you two getting married” He answered.

“Okay” I said, trying to keep my voice leveled.

“Can I tell you something jay?” Eddie asked.

“Yeah what?” I demanded. What did he want to tell me?

“Zhara still loves you” He said, looking at the ground.

“Yeah her so called love” I said, moving my right feet back and forth.

“What do you mean by her ‘so called love’?” He asked, looking at me.

“If you truly love someone, you don’t just ditch the night before the wedding” I said, getting annoyed. Why were we even talking about this?

 “I don’t know. But I don’t think she purposely left you. You need to give her a chance to explain herself” He said.

“Why the hell should I waste my time on her?” I demanded.

“I remember chasing her all the way to the airport, crying for her to come back but she never came. She threw me away. She pretended to care about me but no my love was a joke to her” I screamed, tears streaming down my face.

“Jay, it’s okay. I don’t really know what happened but I’m going to help you as best as I can to help you solve it” Eddie said, coming to hug me.

“Let me go” I shouted, trying to escape from his grip.

“It’s ok Jay” He said, hugging me tighter refusing to let go.

“She left a big wound in my heart. It has taken me almost 4 years to try and heal the wound and she comes back and opens it again making it wider” I said, in between sobs.

“Why is she doing this to me? She’s making my heart hurt” I said, still hugging Eddie.

“I don’t know. I don’t think she means to do this to you” He said, releasing me.

“Here, wipe your face” He said, taking out a handkerchief from his pocket. He passed it to me.

“Thanks” I said, taking it and wiping my face.

“Jay” He asked his voice serious. I knew what he was about to ask.

“Yeah” I answered, trying to hide my face in the handkerchief.

“Do you still love Zhara?” He asked. The question really hit home. I looked at the floor, trying to gather up the courage to answer.

“Yes” I answered with my eyes closed. I didn’t want to look at his face. It felt embarrassing telling him something so personal

“Ok. You need to figure out what to do but if you need any help don’t hesitate to contact Hyori and I” He said, walking towards the door.

“Wait?!” I asked.

“Hmm” He turned to face me.

“How am I supposed to figure out everything out when I don’t have a clue on where to start?” I asked. I felt very stupid asking that. I mean how was he suppose to know.

“Don’t know but I suggest you start with Seo Young” He said, getting out.

I thought about that for a minute. I touched my face to see if it was dry before leaving.

When I got out, people kept on looking at me. What? Do they think I like men?

I ignored the stares and made my way to the ballroom.

I saw Seo Young just standing in the center, looking at her phone. I quickly walked over. When she saw me coming she got off the phone and waved at me with a big smile on her face.

“I think we should go now” I said.

“Ok, besides I was getting sick of this place” She said.

I went around looking for Hyori and Eddie. When I found them, I told them that I needed to leave and that I was sorry that I couldn’t stay for that long.

“Call me and let me know how everything goes” Eddie said, hugging me. Hyori also hugged me and gave me a light kiss on the cheek.

“Bye Jay” She said, wrapping a hand around Eddie.

“Bye” I said, walking away. I found Seo Young, grabbed her hand and walked out.