Chapter 26

Love(Editing)

Zhara

I layed on the couch, day-dreaming about the coming Monday on how  we were going to hunt for apartments.

The house phone rang around 3pm. I picked up the phone and mumbled a hello.

"Why are you whispering?" Eun Ji asked.

"Oh hello to you too! Hyori and Eddie are asleep" I replied, sitting on the couch.

"Oh! okay, sorry" She exclaimed, through the phone.

"It's okay. Why did you call me? Nothings wrong, right?" I asked, looking at my feet. That was a dumb question to ask since her voice didn't hint any worry but excitment, but it didn't hurt to ask.

"Zico and my siblings and I are going to Busan for the weekend to meet a couple of his rapper friends" She said.  wow, they get to have fun while I'm stuck here in Seoul with nothing  to do. 

"When are you guys coming back?" I asked, sinking into the couch.

"Wait, let me ask" I heard her cover the mouth piece and mumble a few sentences.

"We'll be back by Monday afternoon" She said.

"Ok then, you kids have fun and buy me a souvenir or whatever" I said.

"Okay, see you on Monday" She said.

"Right, see you later" I said, hanging up the phone. I got up off the couch and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and left my wet hair for the air to dry it. I went back to the living room to watch TV. I the tv and scrolled through the tv channels, finally settling on a show called "Padam Padam... the sound of his and her heartbeat". Man, that's a mouthful. I began watching the drama, trying to surpress my laughter. I couldn't contain it anymore and started laughing out loud. I looked towards the hall but no one came. Ok, back to watching the show. As I was really getting into the show, where the lead male starts falling for the lead female, I heard the door close. I muted the tv and listened for the soft footsteps heading my way. I crinked my head out to see Hyori's  painted black toes,before I saw her.

"Good Afternoon,did you enjoy your sleep?" I greeted getting up.

"Ah hu" She replied, while streching her arms out above her head,cracking a few bones.

"Where's Eddie?" I asked, taking a peek down the hall. Eddie and Hyori are like 2 peas in a pod. When you saw one of them, that meant that the other one was just right around the corner.

"He's taking a shower to help him wake up" she replied, sitting on the couch.

"What show are you watching?" she asked.

"I was watching Padam Padam but I ended up missing the good part" I replied, taking a seat next to her.

"Oh! We own the dvd, so you can watch it anytime" she said,laying her head on my lap.

"Oh cool. Eun Ji called"

"And...."

"She and Zico and her siblings are going on vacation and they won't be back until Monday afternoon"

"Oh ok! Isn't Eun Ji the sweetest person you have met?"

"Yeah she is. Did you know that she gets bullied?"

"No I didn't"

"Yeah well, when I went to pick her up, some bulimic ugly girl insulted her and I gave that little girl a piece of my mind" I said, smiling.

"You know, you're very similar to Jay and Zico" She said. She covered and got up.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring Jay into this"

"It's okay" I said, trying to play it cool.

"Oh good, so you want to come with me to my wedding dress fitting tomorrow?" She asked.

"Ah, Isn't that suppose to be a very speacial occasion between mother and daughter?" I asked. I didn't want to spoil the moment for them.

"No, you're practically my sister and my mother considers you  her second child, and it would be nice to have a third opinion" She said,pouting.

"Okay okay, you win" I brought up my hands.

"Hyori wins what?" I heard Eddie asking.

"Oh nothing special, except for the fact that Zhara and my mother and your mother are coming for my dress fitting tomorrow" She got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Wow, how exciting!" He said, his voice dripping with sarcaism.

"Yeah, it's going to be very very exciting!" I followed, standing next to the island. Hyori opened the fridge and started taking things out.

"Eddie, it's our turn to make food" Hyori stopped, looking at Eddie.

"Ay Ay Captain" He responded, walking behind the island.

"I'll be right back" I excused myself, walking towards my bedroom. I brought out a pen and my battered journal. Call me stupid, but I wanted to compare and contrast Zico and Jay. And being the type of person that I was, I couldn't just drop the subject.

                                                                                                     Similarities:

Zico-                                                                                                                                              

*Loves Hip-pop 

*Considerate of others

*Zealous

*Funny  

*Beautiful

 

Jay-

* Loves Hip pop/bboying

*Funny

*Also Considerate

 

                                                                                                                Differences:

Zico-

*Loud & Unreserved

*Underground Rapper

*Not an like someone ~Jay~

Jay-

*Sarcastic

*An  

*Likeable

 

My list was done and I was happy with my results.

"What are you doing?" I looked up to see Eddie standing there in the door way.

"Nothing, I wasn't doing anything" I responded, quickly closing the notebook and shoveling it under my pillow.

"Ok" He came in more and made his way towards my bed, seating himself right next to me.

"Can I see it?"

"See what?"

"What you were writing"

"I'm not trying to be mean,but it's none of your business"

"Please...." He begged, reaching his hand behind me.

"No" I tried grabbing his hand, but he was too quick and he'd already gotten the note book out.

"Give my note book back" I yelled, jumping up to grab it since he had put it over his head. We went at it for sometime but I stopped, knowing very well that even in the end, Eddie will win because of his height advantation.

"Ok, now let's read what Ms. Johnson has written down" He said in a granny voice while flipping through the pages. I sat next to him with my head hung low, swinging my left feet back and forth.

"Wow a very nice adjective to describe Jay. An . That's really classic" He said, laughing.

"Stop it's not funny......" I whined, attempting to get the notebook.

"I'm not laughing at you, I'm just amused by your choice of words"

"Oh"

"So who do you like? The or the unreserved person?" He asked, finally looking at me.

"Zico and I are just mutual friends,nothing special going on there. But Jay's...." I trailed off without finishing the sentence.

"Well Jay's what?"

"Well Jay and I have a lot history together and I still have a tinsy tiny bit of feelings left for him but I think by the end of this year, It'll surely all pass" I answered, looking away.

"No it won't" He whispered under his breath.

"Huh?" I don't think I heard him right. I looked at him and caught a glimpse of concern in his eyes but it soon disappeared. He quickly shifted his eyes away from mine and looked straight at the lavender walls.  What's eating him up?

"Nothing. I was just thinking outloud" He quickly responded, getting up. He closed the book and tossed it at me. I caught the book and placed it under my pillow.

"Dinner's ready" We both heard Hyori call out. We just looked at each other, waiting for one of us to make a move. I sat there waiting but since he wasn't making any attempts to move, I got up and walked towards the kitchen with him following behind. I walked towards the dinner table and saw a plate full of kimbap, bottles of soju, and side dishes. I said my thanks and began eating.

After eating, we all took up jobs of cleaning up the kitchen. I cleared the table and wiped it clean. After cleaning up, I went to my room and read one of my favorite books. After reading a couple of chapters I decided to go watch some tv.