Chapter 39

Love(Editing)

*Zhara*

I and Jay sat on the couch, staring at Seo Young in shock.

"What happened?" I asked, sauntering over to where she sat.

"I came to apologize" the words tumbled from in a pained form. I turned to look at Jay as an edge of warning flashed into his eyes, then disappeared. I wondered where he had put the anger.

"I'm sorry," Seo Young said finally.

"This has never happened before," Jay said, his voice rising in anger. "Women like you just want to destroy everyone you see. I don't suppose my mom put you up to this?"

It wasn't a question, and Seo Young didn't answer. I watched as her body stiffened. But little by little, she began to relax.

"Seo Young, I don't bare any grudges against you for all of the sins you've committed against me. I won't forgive you because it'll take time and effort on your part for me to forgive you" I let out.

"Thank you, Zhara..." I watched as her eyes flickered up to me. Just by looking at her, I could tell that she was suffering. I walked over to her and sat next to her.

"From today on, we're going to start anew, okay?" I said, ignoring Jay's angry glare. I watched as Seo Young scooted closer and hugged me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I-I...feel so lost." She sobbed. Naturally my hands went to her back and I began rubbing her back, to somewhat rid her of some of her pain.

"Everything's going to be alright, Seo Young" I whispered, actually praying in my head that what I was saying is the truth. When it was time for her to leave, we traded numbers. I told her that she could call me whenever she needed to.

"Jay, I won't blame you for hating me after all of the things that I have done to you" She said, standing by the door. I looked at Jay and notched his shoulder, urging him to speak up or at least apologize for his outburst earlier.

"I... I suppose I owe you an apology," Jay said, traces of guilt in his voice.

"I'm just so tired of women like you -- those...excuse me for my lack of a better word...-- marking up everyone in sight like wolves urinating their lines of territory." The grim line on Seo Young's face deepened.

"I'm not a ."

"Well you look like one." Jay uttered.

"Go home safely then." He said and strolled away.

"Sorry, he's still angry" I said, giving her an apologetic look.

"I don't blame him. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't like a person like me" She giggled, sadness playing in her eyes. We chatted for a few more minutes before she said she had to go.

I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. I can't believe Seo Young actually said all of those things.

Everything was finally falling into place.