Chapter 12

Love(Editing)

Jay

I made sure not to talk to Seo Young the whole way to her house.

“Jay, Are you ok?” She asked, as I was parking in front of her building.

“Yeah” I answered, avoiding eye contact.

She unbuckled her seatbelt, about to open the car door.

“Aren’t you coming?” She asked, getting out. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out. I followed her up the elevator all the way to her apartment. She opened the door and I followed.

“Oppa, stay tonight” She said, coming to hug me. I held her hands back. I was really mad.

“What’s wrong?” She asked

“We need to talk” I said, walking towards the living room.

“Then sit so that we can properly talk” She said, sitting on the loveseat.

“No, I’m fine standing” I said, trying to figure out what to say next.

“What happened in the restroom?” I asked

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” She said, avoiding me. She was lying.

“Seo Young, quit with the bull and just come clean” I snapped. It was getting really annoying.

“I know that you don’t like Zhara, but why do you have to go and ruin her night” I said. It was really frustrating.

“I just told her to stay in her place” She said, getting up

“What type of person are you? How can you be so selfish?” I asked

“I’m not being selfish, and in case you’re wondering I’m human” She snapped back. She really was stupid. The questions I asked weren’t meant to be answered.

“You ruined her night and you sent her home in tears” I said, remembering Zhara’s hurtful face.

“I didn’t. I just told her that we’ll be getting married soon and that she should stay around” She said, looking at me.

“Wait!!! Since when did I say I was going to marry you?” I asked

“Umma said that we’re going to get married” she answered, pouting.

“Who cares about what my mother told you. I’ll make that decision on my own” I shouted.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with you Seo Young, but you’ve been acting very strange ever since Zhara came back” I said.

“Me!?! I haven’t been acting weird. Don’t you mean it’s you? I don’t know what your problem is Jay, but whatever happened between you and Zhara isn’t my fault so don’t you dare accuse me of anything” She said, pointing her index finger at me.

“I haven’t been acting weird” I said, denying it.

“Yeah you have, ever since ‘it’ came back” She said, glaring

“Please don’t call her that. She has a name” I said.

“Whatever, why bother remembering her name if she isn’t that important” She said, flipping her hair. I couldn’t take it anymore. It needed to end it right here. I have had enough.

“Seo Young, we need to pause” I said, trying to put it in a nicer way.

“Are you breaking up with me?” She asked, her eyes opened wide

“Yes I am” I answered.

“You know you can’t do that. You and I are meant to be” She said, trying to hold my hands, but I turned her away.

“Jay, I love you.  Please don’t leave me” She pleaded, trying to grab hold of my hands again. I turned my back on her, walking towards the door.

“Jay, if you think that it would be that easy to get back together with Zhara, think again. Your mother will never permit that” She yelled on top of her lungs. I stopped in my tracks thinking about what she had just said. She was right; my mother was like a brick wall. Whatever she said goes, no one could ever change her mind.

I stood there for a little while before moving again. I opened the door, but as I was about to leave, I turned around and saw Seo Young sitting on the floor crying. I closed the door behind me and made my way towards the elevator. I went into the elevator the moment it opened and stood there, looking at the shiny door as it closed. I knew that my mother definitely had something to do with Zhara and I breaking up. I walked out of the elevator as soon as it arrived in the lobby. I got out of the complex and walked towards my car. I opened it and got in. I started the car and pulled out. Good ridden to Seo Young and her bossy attitude. I needed to tell Eddie about my success in breaking up with Seo Young, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I arrived at my complex around 3am, took a shower and fell on my bed.