Chapter 31

Love(Editing)

Zico

I stormed out of the place heading across the street towards the karaoke bar I had spotted earlier. I paid the cashier the money and headed for one of the rooms. I didn't know why I felt so jealous.

"Aish! Ahhhh!!!" I kicked the couch trying to keep calm. I ruffled my hair, trying to understand why I did that.

"Keep calm" I heard Joon Kyoung say. I turned around, wondering why he was there.

"Joon Kyoung, what’s wrong with me?"

"It's this thing called love, Ji Ho" He came close to me and sat down on the couch, looking around. I sat down on the couch, running my hands through my hair.

 "The way you spoke to her was very petulant and stupid. You sounded exactly like a prick. Zico, what the hell were you trying to prove by going off on her like that? That you like her? Is that what you were trying to prove?" He uttered in a loud voice. I sat there, not saying anything.

"Yah! Answer me!" He yelled in a thunderous voice causing me to jump. Why was he so mad?

I like Eun Ji I answered inside my head not wanting to answer Joon Kyoung’s question.

“Dude, quit hiding behind that cold apathetic mask and admit it. You like Eun Ji”

I sat there frozen in fear. My worst fear has come true. I’m falling for Eun Ji.

“I knew it. You do like her!”

“Will you please stop acting like a know-it-all? It’s really getting annoying” I snapped.

“The best thing for me right now is to cover up my feelings for her. Even though it will be painful for me. It’s better that way, right?” I cast my eyes to the ground, waiting for his answer.

“I don’t know if that way is right or not but trying to abandon your feelings for her will not only hurt you but will leave a few scars”

“I understand what you’re saying but I think the smartest choice is for me to stop liking her that way she won’t get hurt by me in the end” I said, looking at my shoes.

“That’s it? You think doing that will help Eun Ji?”  I don’t respond and turn my eyes back to the ground.

“I don’t know what she’s done to you but you’ve changed. You never used to care about other people but now I see that’s changed”

“You used to go and sleep with a different girl everyday”

“No I didn’t!”

“Yes you did. You were that bad and untamed.”

“Do whatever you want, Zico. If you’ll rather go through the obvious path of self destruction then I’ll support you. You’ve got my full support” He got up and tilted his hip hop hat to the left.

"Can you help me apologize to her?"

“No can do, Zico. You got yourself into this mess, now you gotta dig yourself out”

“Hey if anyone asks for you where I am, tell them I’ll be at the convenience store across the street getting us some drinks for our beach trip, ok?” he tilted his hat and left me sitting on the couch trying to figure out what to do. I started tapping my shoes against the floor, rubbing my temples. My phone started ringing and I reached into my pocket and pulled it out. I stared at the caller i.d screen and it was Tae il. I decided to pick up since it was Tae il and not Kang Gary.

“Hello” I spoke into the receiver.

“Where are you? We’ve been looking for you everywhere” I heard panic in his voice as he spoke to me.

“Kyung, Kang Gary and Eun Ji already left.” I looked down at the floor, not saying anything.

"Ji Ho, where are you? We're coming to get you" He hung up after saying that. I shoved my phone back inside my pocket and got up, ready to face whatever was coming. I walked out of the karaoke bar and stood at the front, waiting for the car to arrive. I looked down the street to see the car coming. I watched it as it stopped right in front of me. I closed my eyes and said a little prayer in my head before crossing the street and getting into the passenger seat. As soon as I closed the door, the discussion of what I had done earlier began.

"Yah! What were you thinking, Ji Ho? Did you know that Eun Ji was crying because you hurt her feelings" Min Hyuk hollered from the back. I turned around to find Min Hyuk, Jae Hyo, Joon Kyoung, and Yu Kwon staring at me.

"What? I didn't mean what I said. It just happened out of frustration. Besides I warned her about that guy and what I said was true so I don't think she needs to feel hurt" I said, defending myself. I quickly turned around, not waiting to hear Min Hyuk's come back.

"It wasn't your obligation to point those things out about her. You just hurt her dignity and her self-respect" I heard Tae il say. I looked out straight at the road ahead, not wanting to talk anymore.

"And to think she actually liked you, Ji Ho. That is such a pity" Joon Kyoung said. I looked down at my lap, feeling like a fool. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek and for the first time since my father's funeral, I let it streak down my face, not brushing it away.

You’re such a filthy I remember sneering at her, not even feeling sorry that I was hurting her. Now that I thought about it, I was disgusting and crazy. Why was I even doing this to her? Letting her on when I'm only going to hurt her in the end.

"Ji Ho!" I felt someone shaking me. I looked up to see Tae il standing over me, covering his face with the back of his hand. 

"Dude, were you crying?"

I wiped my face and looked around. We were here. Haeundae Beach. I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car, closing the door behind me. 

"Hey Ji Ho, what's wrong with you? Why are you acting so weird?" I looked over at Jae Hyo who was approaching me. It was as if I was in a dream. Everything was going by so fast.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Where are the others?" I asked, walking towards him. I followed him and Tae il towards a shaded part of the beach where the others were all seated, chatting away. I scanned the table, not finding Eun Ji or Jae Rim but I found Tae Woo sitting in the middle of the guys, giggling. I quietly went and sat next to Kyung, making sure to be silent. I quickly got out my phone and pretended to be scrolling through my messages as if I got a message.

"I see Eun Ji coming!” I heard Tae Woo shout. I buried my head deeper, not wanting to be seen or heard.

"Hey look at what I got for Zhara and Hyori" She said, her voice coming closer to the table. I quickly glanced up and saw her coming towards the table with bags full of items.

"What did you get them?” I heard Kyung ask. I looked towards Eun Ji as she pulled out the different items she got.

"Look! I got all three of us matching crew cut sweaters!" She squealed, shaking in excitement. I turned away, waiting for the excitement to be over with. I needed to apologize for my stupid behavior. I got up and paced back and forth around the table.

"Ahhhh" I sighed, looking up at the sky. After a while Eun Ji's voice began to die down but I could still hear the excitement in her voice.

 "Hey Eun Ji, can we talk?" I asked her, looking towards the descending ocean.

"Sure" I began to walk away, stuffing my hands into my pocket. I kicked the sand and began to whistle, looking up at the bright pinkish sky.

"Hey wait up!" I turned around and saw Eun Ji walking towards me. I looked behind her to find the rest of the guys staring at us. I quickly turned around again and began walking again, this time with Eun Ji next to me. I looked around the beach and saw that it was emptying. Perfect time.

"Eun Ji, I will like to apologize for what I said earlier. I never meant to degrade you like that. I'm sorry" I came to halt and turned towards the sunset.

"It's okay" Eun Ji said, moving in front of me.

"Okay, now that we've got all that behind us, we’re good. You can go back if you want; I’m going on a walk"

"Can I come along with you?" I nodded my head and we started walking, falling into step with each other.

 "Zico..."

"Hmmm"

"Can I hold your hand?" I looked at her and saw her head turned away, her cheeks turning red. I smiled a little, amused at how embarrassed she was feeling. I grabbed her hand and cupped my fingers around her small hand. I glanced down at my feet as we walked in silence, enjoying the equanimity.

______________________________________________

Comment and voice out your opinions. I'll really like to know what you guys thought of this chapter! :)

Criticism is allowed! And any suggestions for the upcoming chapters are always welcome ^^