Chapter 28

Love(Editing)

Zhara

Standing in front of Ahyeondong Wedding Street in Seoul with Hyori, Her Mother, her Cousin Mi A, and Eddie’s Mother.

“So which one do you want to visit first?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“Let’s visit Vera Wang first” Hyori said, walking towards the direction of the White Shop. We tagged along not objecting to her request. She was the bride after all. We went inside the store and were greeted by a consultant.

“Hello, I'm Natasha and I’ll be your consultant today. I’ll try to help you find your dream wedding dress in every possible way that I can” The petite frail woman said, bowing 45 degrees.

“Well I hope you’ll be able to help me find my dream wedding dress” Hyori said, smiling. The consultant led us to a large circular viewing room where mirrors hang up on the walls, going half way around the room. We took our seats on the couch while the lady led Hyori out of the room. I was left, sitting in between Mrs.Cha and Mrs. Shin.

“So Zhara, how have you been lately?”Mrs. Shin asked, giving me one of her award winning smiles.

“I’ve been very good. I have nothing really to do so I just lay around the house, doing what people usually do. Sleeping and Eating” I truthfully answered, making sure to make eye contact.

“That is very funny! I like how you’re so honest about it” Mi A commented.

“Oh why thank you, Mi A” I sarcastically joked. I stood up and gave a little bow, causing everyone to laugh. I quickly sat back down.

“Did Hyori ever talk to you about having bridesmaids?”  Mi A asked. I shake my head no.

“Oh, I really want to be a bride’s maid” She said, combing her hair with her fingers.

“Mi A, you’re only 15. I think that you’re way too young” Mrs.Cha said, clearly dismissing Mi A’s dream.

I sat there, listening but was pulled out because of Hyori’s voice in the distance.

“The bride is here!” I heard Hyori call out. They all stopped talking and watched as Hyori approached the front, with the long train dragging behind her. The consultant came and stood by the couch as we all stared in awe at how beautiful Hyori looked in her dress. She turned around, facing us with her beaming smile.

“So what do you guys think?” She asked.

“You look so beautiful, Hyori” Mrs. Cha said, her voice cracking. I looked at her to see her crying and covering . I slipped my hand behind her back and rubbed her back in slow circular motion.

“Mom stop, you’re going to make me cry” Hyori covered her eyes and turned around, with her back facing us.

“I can’t wait for the day you become my daughter” I heard Mrs. Shin say. I nodded my head in approval and sat there as both Mrs.Cha and Mrs. Shin got up. They both slowly but deliberately walked up to Hyori and hugged her.

Looking at the scene brought back unwanted painful memories. It reminded me of the time when I was shopping for a wedding dress in Seoul and how my mother wasn’t able to come to Korea to see me. I remember going to the bridal shops with Hyori, Mrs. Cha and Mrs. Shin because Mrs. Park, Jay’s mother, had refused to come just because she didn’t like me and the fact that I was marrying her precious son.

I sat there, my eyes getting wet as the scene played out in front of me like a movie. I was pulled out of my little dream all of a sudden. I looked around to find everyone looking at me, with worry clearly showing on their faces.

“Zhara, what’s wrong?” Mi A asked, scooting close to me. I wiped the tears away and let out a smile.

“Hyori looks so beautiful in that dress that it brought me to tears”

“Oh wow! You’re too emotional. I don’t cry that easily” Mi A expressed, moving her hands around.

“Yah! Mi A, be quiet” Hyori snapped, causing the consultant to snicker a little.

“Hyori, you need to calm down. It’s not her fault. She doesn’t know me that well to know how I react to things” I uttered.

“Okay” Hyori said. She turned around and started walking out of the room. The two elderly women returned back to the couch and sat there in silence as we all waited for the return of Hyori.

"You should try on some of the dresses too" Mi A said, bouncing on the couch. I shook my head. I didn't want to try anything on. Hyori came back a few minutes later and scooted in between her mother and I.

"I didn't think it would be that easy to find a dress!" She exclaimed.

"When are they delivering the dress?" I asked, stretching my arms out in front of me.

"A week before the wedding"

"Hey are you going to have any bridesmaids?" I asked.

"Yeah but I'm only going to have about 2 or 3 because I don't think it's necessary to have that much people"

"Ok then, how about making Mi A one of the bridesmaids?"

"Sure if she wants. I'm fine with whatever"

I avoided eye contact with Mrs.Cha, knowing fully well that she disapproved of Mi A being a bridesmaid.

I took a quick glance at Mi A and winked.

"Thank you Zhara" She said, getting up. The consultant returned and asked if there was anything more we needed.

"Yeah I have 2 bridesmaids here today and I would like them to try on some dresses" Hyori said.

"What type of dress would you like them in?"

"Any dress is fine as long as the color is either pink or white"

"Ahh... I'm not trying to be mean but I don't want to be a bridesmaid" I said, looking down. I know I was curshing her hopes of me being in her wedding but I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

"Oh come on! Why are you trying to ruin it for me?" She asked, poking my sides.

"I just don't want to"

"Well if you're not going to then I won't have any bridesmaids" She said, pouting and crossing her arms.

"Zharaaa, be her bridesmaid. PLEASE!" Mi A begged.

"Okay okay, I'll be a bridesmaid but there's also this girl who I think will also be a good bridesmaid" I said, getting up. I and Mi A followed the consultant to two medium sized rooms. I can't believe I allowed them to talk me into being a bridesmaid.

I was left sitting alone in the pink colored room, waiting for the consultant to return. I looked at my watch and 7 minutes had passed. I got up and left the room. I walked around the lower floor until I found racks after racks full of clothes. I looked through until I found a good looking dress. I took the dress and walk back to the room to find the consultant standing there with a disapproving look. I shrugged my shoulders and started peeling off my clothes. She excused herself while I continued to take off my clothes. The dress slipped on with ease like it was made for my body. I opened the door and stepped out the same time Mi A came out.

“Mi A, you look beautiful

"Thank you! So do you" We walked back to the mirror room and stood on the platform, facing the people.

"Oh my....Zhara you look so beautiful. You look like an angel, Mi A" Mrs. Shin said.

"Thank you" Mi A and I said in unison. We went back and change into our normal clothes after choosing. We ended up choosing the dress I chose.

We left the bridal shop and went to a little cafe near the shop.

I wondered how Eunji and Zico were doing. I hope they hook up...soon