Chapter 32

Love(Editing)

Zhara

I sat on my bed, reading my book when I heard a knock on the door. I closed my book and told the person to come in. In came Hyori, holding the house phone.

"It's Jay's mother" 

I tensed up, looking at the phone. I beckoned for her to bring me the phone to me. She handed me the phone and I brought it up to my ear, pausing before greeting her.

"Hello Mrs.Park"

"I heard you came to Korea. You should come over and have a  meeting with me" She hung up before I could reply. I got dressed slowly and got Hyori. She drove me to the Parks house. I got out of the car and entered the house.  I went to Mrs.Park's office and greeted her, sitting on my knees.

She poured rice on me. Mrs. Park just poured rice on me.

"Get out of Korea. Quit trying to ruin my son's life" She screamed, putting the empty bowl on the table. She sat back in her chair with her legs crossed. I sat on the floor, sitting on my knees too shocked to move. I still can't believe what she did!

"I'm talking to you” I heard Mrs. Park say. I looked up slowly, afraid of what she might do. I sat there, just looking at her. 

"What do you have to say for yourself?” She asked, getting up from her chair. 

"I...." I trailed off, trying to find the right words to say. 

"You what? You love Jaebeom? You're just his little experiment and he's just not done playing with you that's why he's still hanging onto you" I looked down at my knees, hurt by her words. 

"Once he's done with you, he’ll dump you" I gripped the tips of my shirt, trying not to cry. I blinked a few times, feeling a lump in my throat as I tried to hold back the tears. "I'm over him. What we had is all in the past." I boldly said, knowing that was a lie. I was still in love with Jay but I knew I had to let him go since he'll never be mine again. 

"It better be. I never want to hear about you ever again. Get Out! Now!" I slowly got up, not even flinching at her words. All that was on my mind was Jay. I exited the room, heading for the front door where Hyori was waiting. 

"Zhara?" I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Jehan standing a mere foot away from me. I studied his appearance. His jet black hair had grown longer, forming bangs to cover his eyes. It seemed like he'd trained his body, looking muscular and tough. He was still taller than me but had gotten remarkably handsome over the years. 

"Aren't you going to say anything to me? Or are you just going to keep checking me out?" He asked, taking a step towards me. It seemed like his confidence improved big time. 

"Hello Jehan" I greeted him, smiling at his arrogant remark. He came forward and enclosed me in a hug. 

"Don't listen to what our mother said. I’ve missed you so much. Do you talk to Jay?" He asked, letting go of me. 

"No I don't. I'm trying to move on and forget about your brother, Jehan. I don't need people to keep on telling me about him. It doesn't help me" I responded, brushing my hair away from my face.

"He got disowned last week"

"..." I didn't want to believe it. 

"Please get back with my brother...please. I hate to see him in misery. He loves you, Zhara" 

"Jehan, I didn't come here to talk about Jay. I'm sure you know Eddie's number. When you actually want to have a real conversation with me, contact him and I'll make sure to get back to you." I excused myself, heading for the door. 

"You know you still love him. Don't let this opportunity get away, Zhara. This may be your last chance to get him back!" He shouted after me. I opened the door and closed it behind me, leaning against the door trying to keep my emotions intact. I bowed my head, chanting one of my favorite quotes to calm down. I let out a long sigh before walking towards the car. I got into the car and looked out the window.

"You okay?" Hyori's soft voice asked, touching my shoulder. I nodded my head and pursed my lips, closing my eyes. I felt the car moving, slowly relaxing my body but my mind had so much. How could Jay get disowned? He loves his mom so much! Why's he being so selfish and inconsiderate of others around him? All these questions were being asked in my head but I was in denial. I already knew the answer. He was doing all of these things for me! But why was he doing this when he hurt me? 

"Hey Zhara" I turned my head towards her, wondering why she was calling out my name.

"What?” 

"Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine! It's just that I have a lot on my mind" I straightened up, trying to relax myself.

"Alright then. Since Eddie is working late today, I’m not going to make anything. Let's just go to that stall over there and get some food to go" 

We got out of the car and went to the stall. We bought the food and got inside the car. 

“Hey, do you want to talk about it?”

I shook my head and looked out the window as she began driving. I wasn’t in the right mood to talk or do anything. I watched as the apartments and stores passed by. We finally got home and I rushed on to my room, feeling the urge to change out of my clothes into something comfy and less stuffy.

I changed out of my clothes into something more comfortable. We ate dinner and I went and sat down on the couch,deep in thought.

"Okay, tell me what's wrong Ms.J?"

"There's nothing wrong with me"

"Sure there isn’t” I sat there a while, trying to gather my thoughts before speaking.

"Jay got disowned. And his mom blames it all on me even though I haven't done anything apart from coming over here and supporting my friends!" I said through gritted teeth. Jay's mother was really starting to get on my nerves. I mean why am I to be blamed for your own son's actions.

"...." I turned to Hyori who just sat there, not saying anything.

 "Aren't going to give me some advice or are you just going to continue sitting there since you're the one who began this conversation”

"Ahh ... sorry that just came as a shock to me. I was just trying to register the information you gave me"

 "I'm just as shocked as you are"

"I feel so bad for Jay" I sat there, already knowing what she meant. She felt bad for him that he got disowned and the fact that he was doing this for me. I felt so guilty but yet thought that he deserved it. It's not my fault that he was having problems at home and it definitely wasn't my fault that he still wanted me back.

“Zhara…”

“Don’t even start that with me, Hyori. I’m done with Jay and his little selfish games. I seriously threw away 4 years of my life and loved him and cared for him. And what did I get in return…he cheated on me and humiliated me in a foreign country. And to make matters worse, he went back to Seo Young of all people. The girl who had broken his heart. I’m done…” I got up to leave but Hyori held my wrist.

“If you’re really done with him then you should at least let him know. Tell him to back off and let you be”

I shrugged her hand away and turned around, feeling angry.

“WHY SHOULD I TELL HIM THAT I’M DONE? He clearly showed it that night that he was over me. Why should I waste my good time on such a jerk like him, huh?”

“Okay why should you? You shouldn’t let him know that you’re over him”

I turned around and walked back to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and went and sat on my bed.

“What’s she trying to do?” I wondered out loud, while playing with my fingers. I got out my journal from under my pillow. While I was flipping through the pages, I suddenly remembered something. I haven’t called Zico or Eun Ji ever since they left Seoul. I put my journal back and got out my room, heading for the living room.

“Hey Zhara” Hyori greeted me from the couch.

“Hey” I walked to where the phone was and dialed Eun Ji’s number.

“Who are you calling?”

“Eun Ji” I answered.

“Hey I’m going to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow” Hyori said, getting up. I waved at her as she walked away, down the hall.

The phone rang for about 3 times before she answered.

“Hello?” She asked her voice unsure.

“Hi Eun Ji, this is Zhara!”

“Oh hi Zhara, how have you been?” I could hear voices in the background. Mostly male voices.

“I’ve been alright. How’s Pusan?” I could hear a male voice asking who it was.

“Pusan’s great. I’ve met a lot of good people!” She answered.

“That’s nice” I said, trying to sound optimistic. I mean I was happy for her and all of that but I wasn’t in the right mood.

“Zhara, are you okay?”

“Yeah why?”

“You sound gloomy”

“No I’m really fine. I’ll tell you later when you get back”

“Hey let me talk to Zhara” I heard Zico ask. I sat on the phone while it was being exchanged.

“What’s up, baby girl? Why did you call Eun Ji but not me, huh?”

I let out a giggle, amused at his childish whine.

“I’m alright, Zico. What’s up with you?”

“Zico’s doing awesome! Thank you for asking”

I let out a laughter, amused by what he said. We talked for a few more minutes before he said he had to go.

I placed the phone back on the stand and layed on the couch,dozing off. I finally gave into the sleep.