Chapter 37

Love(Editing)

Jay

"I love you, Zhara...so much that I think I might die" I wailed sliding down onto the carpeted floor. I rubbed my eyes,trying to hush out my cries of internal agony. 

"Why are you always smiling when my head feels like it's about to burst just by the thoughts of you!" I let out a loud groan,  covering my mouth. I tossed my head back,sobbing, trying to feel something but nothing but numbness responded.

"Jay..." I heard someone call out my name. I looked up, blinking back the tears. As my vision was getting clear, I found Hyori standing over me.

"How did you get here?" I managed to ask in my drunken state.

"You left your door unlocked" She stooped down,patting my cheek. 

"What do you want?" I swung my right hand in front of me,trying to point but failed miserably. 

"I and Zhara are here to get her purse that she left behind"

I looked around the room, my vision slightly clear enough for me to see Zhara bent over the coffee table. 

"I didn't know you drunk so much,Jay!" Hyori said,grabbing my hands. She tried to pull me up but was unsuccessful.

"Hey Zhara, can you give me a hand?"

I closed my eyes, feeling sleepy and out of it.

"Jay! Get up! You need to drink this" I heard Zhara's voice. I blinked my eyes, Zhara finally coming into view.

"W..Why..." I couldn't finish my sentence because I felt so drowsy.

"Here drink this" She care rested my head, helping me drink the salt water. She put the empty glass on the night stand and got up. I think to leave.

"Please...don't leave me" I mumbled, trying to grab the covers. She grabbed the covers and pulled it up to my chin,tucking me in. She sat on the bed,with her back facing me.

"Can you lay next to me...please?" I pleaded, feeling the need to have her close to me even if it was for one night. She let out a sigh,turning around. She put her legs inside the blanket, moving herself closer to me. She laid her head on the pillow and closed her eyes. I reached out under the covers,searching for her hand to hold onto. I found it and held onto it. She tried pulling away at first but gave up.

"I love you,Zhara. Do you know that?"

"I know" She firmly said,pulling away her hand. I gripped her hand,refusing to let go. I watched as her eyebrows knitted together, her eyes finally opening.

"Answer me,Zhara"

"I already told you"

"No I don't since you apparently hate me and can't stand to be in the same area as me. I want to know,Zhara. What do you really think of me? Am I some jerk that stomped on your heart or am I something more?" I asked,fully awake and attentive now.

"You're more than that to me. You were my first love. My everything. You meant a lot to me at one time in my life. But it's now over...for good!" She said,letting out a sad smile. I let go of her hand and my side, my back facing her.

"What if I'm still not over you. What if I still love you. What if I want you back,huh? What if.." I stopped myself, the familiar lump forming at the back of my throat. I felt her warm hand at my back,slowly creeping up to my neck. She went down to my hand,trying to told onto it. I brushed her hand away,not wanting to talk to her. I have to apologize to my mom and find a girl that will love me back.

"Jay...please look at me. I'm...sorry" She whispered, trying to grab my hand again. This time I allowed her,slowly turning around to face her. She had tears in her eyes.

"You mean everything to me. I love you so much it hurts. I want to hold you and love you with all my might but you hurt me so much. You cheated on me and made a joke out of my love and trust for you. I wish we could go back to the days before everything happened but we can't ... and your mother absolutely hates me!" Her tears stung my heart,seeing her in so much pain.

"I'm so sorry. I'll fix everything ... just don't leave my side" I heard myself beg,my voice shaking.

"I'll make everything better" I put my hand on her cheek,wiping away a stray tear. I pulled her closer and rested her head on my chest,finally feeling at peace. I her hair, placing kisses on her head.

"Get some rest Zhara" I told her as I drifted off to sleep. I woke up the next morning,feeling very happy. I reached out my hand searching for Zhara but I felt nothing. I opened my eyes and sat up. Zhara wasn't here. I got up and ran to the kitchen.

"Zha-" I stopped midway,staring at Zhara who was standing at the table, setting down a bowl of fruits. She was wearing one of my dress shirts. I liked the way the shirt hugged her body.

"Good morning to you too,Jay" she smiled,coming close to me. She put her arms around me and kissed me on the lips. When I didn't respond, she asked, "oh I'll take off the shirt. I just thought that it might be ok with you." 

She started to pull away but I pulled her close to me and kissed her. I traced her jaw with my hand as I deepened the kiss. I began to pull away but she pulled me back,kissing my neck. I pulled away and let out a chuckle.

"Hold up,girl. We can get into that later. Right now it's breakfast time"  I went and sat down at the table. 

"Okay" she sat across from me and began to eat. I also started eating, occasionally sneaking peeks at her. She's gotten so confident and brave over the past four years. She was no longer the cowardly woman that I had fallen in love with.

"You're not hungry?" She suddenly asked. I looked up at her, shaking my head.

"Zhara, I love you" I said, staring at her in the eyes.

"I love you too, Jaebeom" she whispered. I got up and walked back to the bedroom. I grabbed the ring box and walked back to the dining table.

"What's that?" Zhara asked, getting up. I brought out the box and opened it.

"Will you marry me?" I looked down at the floor, feeling embarrassed.

"Yes!" I heard a her exclaim excitedly. I looked up, a grin forming on my face. I placed the ring on her finger and wrapped my arms around her. I placed a kiss on her lips, pulling her closer.

"We're going to have to wait until Hyori and Eddie's wedding" she said. I nodded my head, finally at peace. My heart and mind was finally at peace.

Everything was coming back to normal.