Chapter 11

Love(Editing)

Eddie

After Seo Young and Jay left, we hung around until the party ended at 11:30am.  Hyori’s father insisted on having dropping us at our house, but I declined because I wanted to take the limo back. After the waitresses/waiters and staffs had cleaned up, we left. We got home about 12am to find Zhara not there.

“Where’s Zhara?” I asked, confused

“I think she’s sleeping over at Zico’s” Hyori answered, walking towards our bedroom. I got in and closed the door. I took off my coat and unloosened my tie.

“How could Jay do that?” I asked

“I don’t know what goes through his head, but he sure is stupid” She said, stepping out of her dress.

“Don’t you think that he has changed?” I asked, ing my shirt. Jay seemed all of a sudden different now that Zhara has returned.

“Yeah, his attitude has become really unbearable” She said, putting on her night gown. I got out my pj’s from the drawer.

“What were you and Jay talking about when you called him?” She asked, sitting on the bed.

“It’s his business. I don’t think that he’ll really appreciate me telling you” I said, sitting on my side of the bed.

“Ok, but he looked distressed and angry” She said, getting up. She pulled the blankets back and slipped under.

“I wonder why” I said, knowing why.

“Yeobo, you’re hiding something” Hyori said, clutching my arm

“No, I’m not” I said

“Yes, you are. You’re very bad at lying” Hyori said, not willing to give up. She got me. Whenever I tried to lie, I’ll always play with my fingers and look down.

“Ok, but promise you won’t say anything?” I asked, almost pleading

“Yeah yeah, I promise. Now tell me” She said, sitting up

“Jay’s still in love with Zhara and I think he’s trying to figure out what to do” I said

“WOAH!!! That’s one juicy secret” She exclaimed, her eyes almost popping out of their socket.

“Yeah” I said. I felt so guilty. I’m such a bad friend, because I just told my fiancée our friend’s personal secret.

“Then how come he’s been such a prick towards Zhara ever since he met her again?” She asked.

“I think he’s still trying to figure things out” I said.

“Yeah because we all know that Seo Young isn’t the person he truly loves. She’s such a ” She said, covering .

“Hyori, how could you say that? Seo Young may not be the nicest person in the world but she’s a human and she has feelings also” I said disappointed at her.

“Sorry” She said, bowing.

“I’m sorry” I said, reaching out to hug her. I didn’t mean to snap at her like that.

“It’s ok. I know how I would feel if I were in her shoes if someone said something like that about me” She said, hugging me

“I feel so bad for Zhara” I said, voicing out my thought

“Yeah me too. She doesn’t deserve that type of treatment. I mean someone who has been raised by a single mother, trying to survive and make it in this world and to have your heart thorn into pieces must be the most hurtful experience in the world.” She said, parting from my embrace.

“Yeah it really does to be her. At least she’s trying to make it” I said. Jay, Hyori, and I have had it easy. Being born into a wealthy family, while Zhara was born into a selfish and cruel world. I sometimes felt guilty to see her struggle, but then she would put on a fake smile trying to hide the hurt and pain that was bottled inside.

“I love you so much” Hyori said, kissing me on the cheek.

“I love you too” I said, lying down on the bed.

“Hyori, I’m very tired. I’ll talk to you tomorrow” I said, turning off my bed lamp.

“Yeah, me too” She said, also turning off her light

“Good night, my princess” I said, smiling. She liked it when I called her that.

“Good night, my prince” She said back. I drifted off to sleep.