Back from the past

Love(Editing)

Jay

Ring ring

"Oh my lord, who is the idiot calling me at this hour" I cursed, using my hand to search for my cell phone which was on the night stand. I slowly brought it to my ear.

 “Hello” I mumbled through the phone.

“baby, Can you come over at around 1pm?” Seo young asked.

 “Why?” I questioned, sitting up on my bed, while rubbing my eyes.

 “Because I love you and I want to see you” She answered, whining. I hate it when she whines to get her way. It’s very annoying.

 “Okay” I answered getting off the bed.

 “Ok, bye baby. Love you” She said.

 “Love you too” I said, walking towards the bathroom. I was tired as , and Seo young wanted to hang out.

I the lights and looked at the time. It was around 9am. I walked over to my night stand and put down my phone. I went back to the bathroom and took a hot shower before brushing my teeth. After brushing my teeth, I wiped the steam that had formed on the mirror. I checked myself out in the mirror, touching my face. I had changed a lot in the last 4 years.

4 years ago I was the nerdy, short Asian boy with my girl hanging on me. I had gotten dumped by Seo young when I was in Seattle but then my family and I moved to L.A during my senior year of high school. I met the girl of my dreams. The girl I was meant to be with. I started falling hard for her, and eventually confessed my love for her. Even though my mother opposed of me being with her, we started dating and we were eventually suppose to get married 4 years ago, but the night before the wedding she left me. That was 4 years ago. But now I’m a man.  

I had gotten new tattoos to add to my body art collection, and had upgraded my sense of style in fashion. I had stopped wearing baggie jeans and ugly checkered shirts’. I started dressing like a real man. I was showing my true self. Only a few people knew about my love of hip-pop and R&B, including Seo young, Eddie, Hyori and Zhara.

Seo young and my parents thought that it was stupid of me to learn break dancing, but when Eddie, Hyori, and Zhara found out about my passion for b-boying, they encouraged me to keep following my passion. The person who motivated me the most was Zhara. Whenever I fell trying to learn a new trick, Zhara would be there to pick me up and tell me to keep on trying. She believed in me and thought that it was what made me unique and special.

I ended up hurting her, but I don’t know how. After I had looked at myself in the mirror, I got out and went and got dressed. I wore a  white v-neck t-shirt, showing off my star tattoos and it also showed off my tattoo on my  left arm that and wore black skinny jeans with some black shoes. I blow dried my hair back to its normal form and got my phone and car keys. I was out of the apartment around 10am. I stopped by Love Café to grab something to eat, and say hi to my friend Zico.

I walked into the café and took a seat at one of the tables. I got out my phone and started scrolling through the photos on my phone. I clicked the one locked photo album to unlock the pictures that I didn’t want anyone to see. I scrolled through the pictures of Zhara and I, back when we were still together.  

 I clicked my favorite picture of all time. The picture had been taken at Hyori’s basement around Spring. Zhara was wearing a white summer dress, with her hair flowing around her face. I was wearing my nerdy jeans and my usual checkered shirt. Zhara was standing in front of me, with my arms wrapped around her, standing there smiling like there was no tomorrow.

**Flash Back**

“Hey, pose with your side facing me” Eddie instructed Hyori.

 I was sitting on the love seat with Zhara sitting next to me with her head on my shoulder.

 “I’m so excited about tomorrow” She said, turning her head to face me.

 “Why?” I asked, already knowing what the answer was going to be.

 “For the Spring Dance” She answered.

 “Yeah, me too. As long as I get to be with you” I said, grabbing her chin and bringing it towards me. Her lips touched mine, and it felt like fireworks were blowing up everywhere. I parted her lips, and slowly slipped my tongue in. we started getting into it, and I pulled her to sit on my lap. We made out for more that 5 minutes before we both pulled away, panting. She brought her lips towards my ear and whispered.

 “I love you” She whispered.

 “I love you too” I said. And I meant what I said. I did love her. And she was a way better kisser than Seo young ever was.

“Hey lovebirds, do you mind me taking a picture of the both of you?” asked Eddie, walking towards us. He totally didn’t acknowledge the fact that I had been making out with my girl right in front of him and Hyori. That was what I liked about Hyori and Eddie. They see something, and instead of telling it to the whole wide world, they keep it to themselves, knowing that the person has a reason as to why they did what they did. And they were also very good at keeping secrets.

 “No, we don’t mind” replied Zhara as she got up, and helped me get up also. Eddie told us to walk to the part of the room that had the most light. We did as we were told.

 “Ok, Zhara, stand in front of Jay. And Jay wrap your arms around her” Eddie instructed as Hyori moved us around like chess board players.

 “Ok, smile” Eddie said, taking the picture with his Nokia camera..

 “Beautiful” He said, coming to take another shot.

 “Wait wait, can you take the next picture with my phone?” I asked, taking my phone out of my pocket.

 “Sure” He said, grabbing the camera.

 “Alright lady and man. Will you please smile for the camera?” He asked. We stood in our places, and smiled while he took the picture.

 “Alright then. It’s all done” He said, handing me back my phone.

 "Thanks, man” I said, as I gave him a quick hug.

 “Anytime” He said, walking towards his girlfriend.

 “I’ll keep this until the day i die” I said, grabbing Zhara’s hand, and squeezing it. I felt like the happiest man alive. Being there at that moment with my 3 favorite people.

**End of Flashback**

 

I was so busy looking at the picture that I hadn’t even noticed zico leaning over my shoulder.

 "Hey, that girl looks familiar” He said, taking the seat next to me

 “Every person looks familiar to you” I said. I didn’t feel like playing his stupid jokes. I wasn’t in the mood.

 “No I’m serious. I have seen that girl before” He said, tapping the table. Whenever he did that, it meant he had more to say and he wanted your attention.

 "What!” I snapped back.

 “Woah! Jay don’t get mad” He said, looking a bit hurt

 “Sorry, I’m just not in the mood to you know chat and have fun. I’m tired as ” I said, laying my head on the table.

 “I hear you.” He said, patting me on the back.

 “Wait, you said you’ve seen that girl before?” I questioned, bringing my head up.

 “Yeah I have” He said.

 “Ok then what’s her name?” I asked, because I didn’t really believe what he was saying. Zico could come up with some of the wildest stories.

 “Her name is Zhara” he answered, smile.

 “What!?!?! How the hell did you find out her name?” I asked, bewildered by what he said.

 “Well long story short. She and Hyori came by this morning” He answered.

 “Really???? Since when did she come back to Korea?” I asked, wanting to know more.

 “Don’t know, don’t care” he replied.

 “Jay, why the hell will you go and dump such a beautiful girl like her?” He asked, looking at me.

 “I don’t know” I answered. I really did not know what I did that broke her heart.

“It seemed like they were going somewhere because of how they were dress” He said, thinking out loud.

 “Really? Where did they say they were going?” I asked.

 “Hyori said that she was taking Zhara on a day of shopping. They headed to the COEX Mall” He answered.

 “Ok, thanks bro” I said, shaking his hand

 “So are you going to eat or what?” Zico asked, getting up.

 “Yeah, give me whatever you think tastes good” I said.

 I quickly ate the pork feet soup and noodles that he brought me. I needed to go see Zhara before she left. I gave him some money even though he rejected it, I made him take it. I got to my car and headed to the mall. I went to every store in the mall, but they weren’t there.

I finally decided to visit the Kimchi Museum, since I knew that Zhara loved Kimchi. At the entrance of the Museum, I saw Hyori pulling Zhara towards one of the displays. I followed them. Zhara had changed in the last 4 years. She had gotten taller, and grown out her hair. She still had the same kind face. She was wearing a greycheetah t-shirt with black denim skinny jeans and black and yellow high tops. She looked so good. I followed them wherever they went, never letting them leave my sight.

 Hyori said something to Zhara, and left. Zhara went and stood near the one of the displays. I went and stood right next to her, pretending to  be looking at something, but truly looking at her. She looked up, sensing someone’s presence. She looked back, her face puzzled. She looked to her left and finally to her right. She froze when she saw me. She stood there for a second just staring. She decided to come over. I needed to think of something fast. *Wait, why was she even coming here? Wasn’t she the same person who left me 4 years ago? If she didn’t want to marry me, then she should have said so?* She just stood there and stared.

 She raised her hand and gave a little wave. No reaction *Dude, I should be like an actor, cuz even though I wanted to say something I didn’t*

“Hi” she said in a cheerful voice. She pisses me off, acting like a lil miss goody two shoes. *Is she trying to mock me? I think she is, acting like nothing ever happened*

“Hey” I said, trying to make my voice sound cold and flat.

“So, how have you been?”  She asked, trying to start a conversation.

“None of your business” I answered, looking at the display. *I bet she wasn’t expecting that* was she? NO!!!*

“Ok, so how’s life going? Is your father’s company going well?”  She again asked

 “And again. None of your damn business” I said, trying my best to look angry

“Okay, then” Zhara said, also looking at the display

“Why don’t you get your ugly out of here?” I asked, not looking at her. I was trying my hardest to hurt her, but I don’t think it got through to her head.

*Doesn’t she get the clue* I do not want to see her*

“Ok then. Bye” she sadly said, walking away.

“Ok then. Hope to never see you again” I said, my eyes not leaving the display.

 I looked up to see her disappearing among the crowd of people. I stood there for a minute or so before leaving. It was a quarter pass 1pm when I left. I thought about what had happened while driving. I felt like an .  I finally got to Seo young’s place at around 2pm.  Diiiinnnnggg Dooooonnnggggg I stood there, with my middle finger on the door bell. The whiner wanted to see me, and now she won’t even open the ing door. What the hell.

 “Hey baby, why did you take so long?” She asked, wrapping her arms around me. I went inside and she closed the door.

“Stopped by Zico’s and the COEX Mall” I replied, moving her arms away from me. I went and sat on the couch.

“Well, are you hungry?” She asked, coming to sit next to me.

“Nope, I’m fine. I had a lot of food for breakfast” I answered, looking at the TV.

“So why did you call me?” I asked.

“I met with mother yesterday and she wants us to get married” She said, getting excited. That’s what she calls my mother, Mrs. Park Min Ji.

“Ah no, I’m not ready to be tied down” I said. *At least not with a two face like you* I thought. I wasn’t even in the mood.

“Ah no, I’m not ready to be tied down” I said. *At least not with a two face like you* I thought. I wasn’t even in the mood.

“Jagiya, I want to play” Seo young said. She got off and came and sat on my lap. She crept her hands under my shirt, while kissing me on the neck.

“No, I’m fine” I said, gently pushing her away.

“Seo young, I have got something important to tell you” I said, straighten up.

“What?” she asked.

“Guess who I saw at the mall?” I asked.

“Who?” She asked, confused.

“Zhara Johnson” I said. It felt kind of weird saying her name like that. The way I said it made it sound like it belonged to someone else.

“What!!! That girl is back? When did she arrive?” She asked, getting off the couch.

“Yeah she’s back. And I don’t know when she arrived” I answered, following her into her bedroom.

“Who did you hear it from?” She asked, sitting on her bed

“I heard it from Zico and apparently she is staying with Eddie and Seo Young” I answered, also sitting on her bed.

“Ewwwww, the creepy couple! They are SO weird” She exclaimed. That hurted. How could she call Eddie and Hyori Weird? They were the nicest and coolest people in the whole wide world.

“They are not weird. And they are my friends” I said getting up. I was really getting tired of her bad attitude. I needed to get out of here, before I lost it.

“Baby, I’m sorry. It’s just that if you ditched them, everything will be all better” she said, getting up. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged my back.

“Tomorrow is their engagement party” I said, facing her

“And?” she asked

“And they were wondering if you would also like to come. I’m going” I said, wrapping my arms around her.

“Sure, I’ll go for you. But you have to promise me something” She said

“What?” I asked. Why was I not surprised by that? Everything with Seo young came with a catch.

“You’ll come over to my place afterwards” She said, kissing my bottom lips.

“Sure” I said, kissing her back. I was so excited for tomorrow. I get to hang out with my friends and I also get to see Zhara.