Chapter 35

Love(Editing)

Zhara

And before I give you another try I'd die. Love won't make you cry or ask why oh why? So I'll deny my heart 'cause I w- My hand landed on the snooze button, cutting off Junsu's sweet voice. I groaned and tossed around in bed, before getting up to use the bathroom. I definitely was not a morning person. With my eyes still closed, I reached out and grabbed my toothbrush from its holding stand. With my toothbrush in one hand, I began the search for the toothpaste which apparently had decided to disappear.  I tilted my head back and groaned. I slowly opened my eyes and found the toothpaste laying in the sink. I brought it up and squirted some onto my toothbrush.  I did my usual dental routine, which consisted of brushing my teeth for 3 minutes and then flossing for 2 minutes. After that was done, I the shower and got in, beginning my epic morning.

After getting dressed and prepared,  I walked quietly down the hall until I got to the living. I didn't want to wake up Eddie when he worked from 9am to 2am. I don't know how he does it, but I definitely would have fainted from the lack of sleep. When I got there, I found Hyori already dressed, with her car key in hand.

"We need to go" she called out, about 10 feet away from me. I nodded my head and she got up. 30 minutes later, we were climbing up the stairs in an unfamiliar apartment building. Hyori kept on rattling on about something.

"Were you always this talkative in the past?" I asked, unable to conceal my smile. We made our way to the apartment door and Hyori took out the key.

"I'm afraid I've always been like that," Hyori said, brightening as she unlocked the door.

"I wonder how it looks like" I said as we stepped through the door.

We both quieted down as Hyori silently closed the door behind us. We took off our shoes and slipped on the house slippers by the door.

"Zico said something about you both going to a club together?" Hyori asked, before walking ahead.

"Yeah"

"Where are you guys going to go to?"

I shrugged, looking around the living room.

"I don't know yet"

"Ji Ho doesn't often invite people to things personal like that," Hyori nodded understandingly. "Ever since you came along, he's changed"

"Me?" I looked at her questioningly, stopping.

She seemed incredulous, as she paused midway between pacing around the living room.

"Ji ho didn't always used to be like that. Do you know that he's an orphan?"

"No, I didn't." Contemplating this news, I nodded to myself.

We spent the remainder of the time, silently looking at each room and inspecting the kitchen. We said nothing more about Ji Ho's past. While looking at the bedroom, Hyori's phone suddenly rung. I watched as she exchanged some words with Eddie before hanging up.

"I need to go," She said.

I blinked my eyes and gave her a dismissing shrug. "We've got plenty of time."

"Something suddenly came up. Thanks for coming with me, ok."

I looked at her, mildly annoyed, but not too annoyed.

"See you later. I'll be right back," Hyori said, and left the bedroom as I stood there. I might have to learn how to say no to my friends because they always seemed to be ditching me. Worried over someone coming into the empty apartment, I quickly left the room and went to wait in the living room. When I got there, I stopped in my tracks. Standing in front of me was Jay.

I found myself lost in a wide-awake dream as I stood there, staring at him.

"Let me explain," he said, breaking the silence.

"All I need is another five minutes."

"Ok go" I gave him instructions, and he nodded mildly. I thought I detected a hint of sadness in his deep brown eyes, but I couldn't be sure. After that stare, I avoided his gaze altogether.

"Look, I'm sorry ok. I don't know how many times I've apologized to you, but I'm sorry. You might not want to hear what I have to say after all the I've put you throu-"

"Are you done with your pointless rant?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Remember you said five minutes and as far as I'm concerned, my five minutes isn't up yet s-"

"4 minutes left" I said impatiently, whilst counting in my head.

"I love you okay. And I really mean that. You're all that I've got left. My mom...my mom...doesn't want me anymore..." he said slowly, casting his gaze to the floor.

"Will you quit with the "I love you" nonsense already? When are you going to grow up and man up, instead of always using your mother as an excuse, huh?" I asked, flinching slightly at how harsh I must have sounded.

"You really don't understand, do you? I honestly don't remember what happened that night, Zhara. I was drugged and manipulated into sleeping with Seo Young!" He yelled, his voice rising at each word.

"Well what's done is done, Jay. I don't even know why I even started liking you again. Over the past month, I've grown to resent you. I hate you, Park Jaebeom!" I whispered my voice steady.

"Wh-What?" He stammered back, shocked.

"Wh-What did I do?" He asked, looking lost.

"You know what you put me through. Don't make it a habit to play dumb, Jay" I warned him before turning around to leave. I slammed the door behind and walked down the stairs to the lobby. I used the phone since I couldn't afford to buy a stupid expensive phone. I waited by the door as I saw Hyori's car pull up.

"How was it?" She asked, her eyes glistening.

"I can't believe you did that to me! What the hell were you think, Hyori?!?" I asked, enraged with anger.

"I was only trying to he-" She started.

"Don't pull that bull with me! You already knew how I felt about him!" I screamed. I didn't care if she was being sincere with her words. I watched as her eyes bulged out of their sockets, most likely shocked. Hyori turned her head around, looking out the window. I bit my tongue and looked down at my lap, already feeling regret.

"Hyori....I'm sorry..." I whispered, looking ahead. I took a deep breath and looked at her. She looked back at me, wiping away the tears. I've never made Hyori cry and the feeling that I was getting was making me sick.

"I-it's okay....it's my fault. I should have known better" she said, shaking her head.

"No...I shouldn't have...umm...gone off on you" I acknowledged, grabbing hold of her hand. I pulled her over and hugged her.

"I own Jay an apology..." I said, pulling away.

"Don't let this opportunity slip away, okay..." She paused, looking ahead.

"I won't" I bit my lip and strapped on my seat belt. I zoned out during the car ride, focusing my eyes on the passing buildings.