51

Zelo's Roomie

-

 

-51-

 

 

 

     I sighed, taking off the tradition Japanese wooden shoes and set it aside, stepping inside the temple. I saw Kamenashi sitting on the floor, slowly eating sushi and he looked up.

     “What are you doing here so early? You didn’t want to finish the game?” He asked. I shrugged, giving him a half smile.

     “It got boring. No one came to scare us.” I sat next to him, exhaling loudly.

     “They were probably scared of you.” He laughed blankly, amused, but too focused on eating. I watched as he ate, seeing his cheeks move as he chewed was weirdly almost taking my mind off of things.

     “You hungry?” He asked, putting nigiri in my face. I shook my head, pushing his hand away. He nodded, looking at me and took the sushi into his mouth.

     “What?” I asked. He was staring at me as if something went wrong. Well, something did go wrong, but I’m sure I was the only one to see it happening…

     “Something happened, right?” He said. I looked over at him and my eyebrows furrowed as I let out a small chuckle. This guy always seemed to guess everything right about me.

     “Something. I don’t feel like talking about it right now.”

     “So, it’s something serious?”

     “Yep.” I pressed my lips together and looked back at the beautifully cut fish set at the short table. If I met Kamenashi’s eyes again, I was sure to burst into tears and pour all of my feelings out on him like I always do. I wasn’t just about to make my problem his. No, he’s done too much for me to deserve anymore annoyances.

     “You can’t assume things before knowing the truth. And you can’t always believe what you see.” He opened his mouth wide as he stared at me more, lazily feeding himself again.

     “How do you…” I looked at him. Was he psychic now? Did he inherit some weird powers from some Temple God while everyone was gone? How in the heck was this guy able to know every little thing about me? It’s almost crazy.

     “I’ve known you for years. I know you so well, I can tell you all the things you don’t know about yourself.” He smiled at me and I smiled back. Glad to know I’ll have a true friend staying with me. Not leaving me… or getting a new friend and just ditch me… Would Zelo do that to me? Would he just throw me away and never come back? My phone rang and it snapped me back to reality. I picked it up and heard a panicky voice on the other line. Unusually, it was my brother. He’s always been the type to keep calm even in the toughest situations. What’s wrong with him?

     “Oppa, slow down, I can’t understand half the things you’re saying.” I said.

 

     “Alright… Ok… Hye Mi… You need to get home now. We have some important matters to discuss. Both business and personal. I have men waiting for you at Haneda airport. Just get there quick and my men will get you to us safely. Arachi?” He breathed out sharply and I felt like my brother, for the first time, was out of it. The strict, charismatic, boring brother of mine was crumbling and slowly, something nervous and scared was peeking through.

     “A-arachi. Bye…” As soon as we hung up, I stood up and Kamenashi looked up at me understandingly, standing up, too.

     “So you’re leaving?” He asked.

     “I have to… Urgent…” I gave him a quick hug good bye and exited the building, putting on my shoes outside.

     Maybe, going home will make me forget? Maybe it’ll work this time?

~

    I rolled my eyes, getting a bit annoyed at how clingy Luna was being, pushing her off even though she refused. She was a nice girl. But, her creepy, stalker-ish-ness was getting on my nerves. She’s always been like this since we were young. Yet, I didn’t do anything about it because I always felt bad about her. No one wanted to play with her for some reason. She was always alone and I felt that no one should be that way. So, I became her friend. Back then, our mothers set play dates and that’s when her father and mine’s became close.

     “Why? Oppa…?” She stood up and I did, too, dusting off the dirt that had gotten on my pants. I looked up and her eyes were already starting to tear up.

     “You hugged me so close, anyone would have thought we were kissing. And I don’t want those kinds of rumors circling around me now that I have a girlfriend.” I pulled out my phone and felt disappointed that Hye Mi hasn’t even texted or called me at all.

    “Wait… you have a girlfriend?” She asked.

     “Mhmm.” I smiled at her. Just thinking about Hye Mi made me happy. “You didn’t see her? She was standing next to me when you came over to tell me you were my partner.” She looked at the ground.

     “Oh… How many weeks are you keeping this one?” She looked up at me with a smile and I felt disgusted by her words.

     “That’s insulting… Hye Mi… I want to keep her not for weeks. Or months, years. I want to keep her forever.” I scoffed at her and she only laughed as I began walking back to the temple.

     “Is that what you’re planning to tell her so she’d be all over you? Like you’ve done to other girls?” I rolled my eyes towards her.

 

     “Stop talking, Luna.” And just like that, she shut up, keeping quiet till we reached the temple. I stepped inside and met Kamenashi, eating sushi at the table.

     “Hey, hyung.” I smiled at him and he blankly looked up, curious look on his face. He half smiled at me and then turned to Luna, smile fading and then turned back to me, smile back up again. Does he not like Luna? I’d laugh, but it’d hurt her feelings and she’d cry to her father again, getting me in trouble with mine’s.

     “You looking for Hye Mi?” He asked me. I nodded.

     “Yeah. I stopped playing just to look for her. You think something might have happened? She hasn’t been texting or calling me at all. I’m getting worried.” Kamenashi smirked, letting a short chuckle escape his lips.

     “You just missed her.” He pointed out the temple. “She went back.”

     “Back to the hotel room?” I furrowed my eyebrows. Could she be sick? Is that why she isn’t trying to contact me at all?

     “Not exactly.” He his lips and set down his chopsticks so he could talk to me with respect, even though he’s older than me by 2 years. “She told me to tell you not to worry. But, she went back to Korea. Urgent business. Don’t freak out.” I widened my eyes.

     “Man! How could she just leave so fast?” I threw my hands up in the air and let it fall down to my sides, pouting like a little kid. I had so many things planned for us before we had to go back home. I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth.

 

     “Oh! Oppa, that means we can have time to hang out with each other, right?” Luna giggled and grabbed my arm, squeezing it.

     “Yah.” I pushed her off and her face became red. “It means I’m going back to Korea, too. I don’t think the rest of this trip is going to be at all any fun if Hye Mi’s not with me.”

     “But, oppa-”

     “I told you to stop calling me oppa. Aish, you’re my noona for God’s sake.” I shook my head and heading out the door, not forgetting to say good bye to Kamenashi.

     “Wait!! Oppa!” I could hear Luna’s voice behind me as she tried to catch up, and once she did, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me backwards. “Do you really want to know the reason why I’m here? It’s not a coincidence! Your father told us that you’d be in Japan for a field trip. And so, my father brought me here to meet you. It all has a reason to it and you have to stay here to find out what!” She had a desperate look in her eyes and anyone could have thought that she was only lying to keep me from going, but, if it has to do with my father, lie or not, I have to do whatever. Because, if what she was telling me turned out to be true, then I’d be in big trouble with father later on. I sighed, looking out at the almost empty street.

     “Fine. I’ll stay.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Oh, when oh when wil this story end? I really hope it doesn't turn into a 100 page fanfic -____- I want to finish this at around 60th or 65th chapter... Gahhhh... motivation is down to the floor T^T