Chapter 32

Zelo's Roomie

     "Look, for the last freaking time, I'm not following you." Hye Mi rolled her eyes at Zelo and examined a cabbage before throwing it into her basket.

     "Then why'd you get off at the same place? You said you were going home, but there aren't any houses any where near where we are." Zelo smirked.

     Hye Mi made a face and pointed outside the glass wall. "You see that cardboard box? Yeah, my brother's waiting to welcome me home there."

     Zelo burst out laughing. "Oh God! How can you be this funny?"

     Hye Mi shrugged, looking at the price for the bok choy. "I dunno. Good genes, I guess." She reached over and was about to grab the bok choy, but Zelo reached over her shoulder and took it, throwing it into his basket.

     "Hey!" She turned around, glaring at Zelo who gave her the most innocent smile.

     "You snooze you loose, little bunny."

     "Zelo! Give it back! I saw it first!!"

     "It's a dollar. Isn't that a bit expensive for a bunny who lives in a cardboard box?"

     She growled and he chuckled, finding it cute.

     "Mutt." He said.

     "What the hell am I? A bunny? A mutt??"

     "Both. You're a ."

     Hye Mi blushed. "Yah!! You're calling me an now?!"

     "Calm down, bunny, you'll scare the kids."

     "There are no kids in this store." Hye Mi said.

     "The elderly, then, ok? Bunny?"

     "You're so confusing!! AISH! You piss me off."

     "Yah, if you haven't noticed, I stuck to bunny." He smiled. "It suits you. You're cute. Like a bunny." Hye Mi blushed, moving her hair out of her face and behind her ear. "Just kidding. The bunny slept while doing that race thing with the turtle. The turtle won, remember? And Mutt suits you waaay better. Because you act like one."

     "AISH! Chinj-o!" She slapped his arm and Zelo laughed.

     "Fido, violence is bad." He wagged a finger in front of Hye Mi. "No, no, violence. Or I'll have punish you."

     "Oh yeah? How are you going to punish me? Put an electric colar around my neck and press a button whenever I talk??"

     "I was thinking of whooping you. But a colar sounds nice."

     "Aish! erted little-" Hye Mi scrunched up her nose and laughed. She missed this. The way they always fought with each other and teased each other with every given minute.

     "What's so funny?" Zelo cocked his head to the side and eyed her.

     "Aniyo... It's nothing..." She smiled at him. "Anyway, what's the story behind calling me bunny?"

     "It's because." Zelo snickered. "I saw you at lunch, you were eating those baby carrots like they were chocolate! Oh god."

     "Oh... It was because I was hungry. No shame in that!"

     "You eat like a pig-"

     "No need to give me anymore nicknames!" She crossed her arms into 'x's' and snarled. "I'm good with three!!"

     "Aigoo, really. You're funny." He petted her head and the speakers at the store made a sound.

     "Attention all customers, please do not leave the store's premises. There is currently a blizzard. It will be safer if everyone stays inside and waits 'till after the storm. Thank you."

     "Ah, ." Zelo muttered. "I wanted to go home and make rumyun." Hye Mi gigled, remembering how Zelo almost set the dorm on fire in an attempt to boil water.

     "Can you even cook?" She asked.

     "Hell no. Cooking is done by women."

     Hye Mi scoffed and nearly punched his guy in disgust when he chuckled.

     "I'm kidding. I can only heat up food. And cup noodles..."

     Hye Mi pointed over to the store's mini kitchen (without a stove and fridge).

     "There's a microwave. You can heat up the ramyun in there."

     "Yeah, I'm really hungry." He stared at the instant rumyun cups in his basket as if it was the love of his life and started heading towards the counter. After heating up two rumyun cups, he started to slurp away. Hye mi stared at the noodles, feeling hungry. Her stomach growled and she turned away in her seat, feeling embarrassed. She turned back and Zelo shoved his noodles into .

     "You talk to much." He said, mouth full and all. Hye Mi swallowed the noodles and glared at him.

     "I wasn't even talking!"

     "It's was a heads up." he grinned. "I know you'll talk more in the future. I visited a psychic yesterday." But in truth, it was because he heard the unbelievable loud grumbling noise emitting from her stomach. At first, he thought she farted, because he's never heard a stomach growl so loud!

     He stared at her, sketching every single detail of her in his mind, and then began comparing her and Hani. He pushed the second cup of noodles towards her,

     "Um, you bought it with your money so-"

     "Just eat." He interrupted.

     Hye Mi growled, grabbing chopsticks and breaking them in half. "I was gonna say I was going to eat it since you bought it with your money. I was going to eat it without any burdens being thrown on me." She stuck her tongue out at him and he chuckled.

     "Just eat, mutt."

     "Aigoo..." She glared at him, but eventually smiled. "Thanks."

     "Yup." Hye opened the paper cover and grinned.

     "Wah~! It smells so delicious!" Hye Mi rubbed her hands together and turned to Zelo with an even bigger smile. "I'll eat well!"

     He softly chuckled and she dipped her chopsticks in the cup, ready to grab at the noodles.

     "Wait." He said.

     "Huh?" Before she could even turned around, Zelo put his hand under her chin and made her face him.

     And then he leaned closer.

     And he kissed her.

~

     He pulled away, mouth quivering for about a few seconds. Hye Mi sat there in utter shock. She never expected him to kiss her. And the way her chest was beating at a crazy fast speed was unbelievable. Her cheeks her a very noticeable red shade and she felt like she was holding her breath even though her breathing was fine. Zelo hung his head and stood up.

     "I- I'm sorry... I thought y-you were-" That's right... He really thought Hye Mi was Hani. It was the only reason her kissed her. Hye Mi snapped out of her daze when he heard his words. Did he think I was that girl he was talking about at the bus stop? His girlfriend?? She stared at her noodles. She seriously just lost her appetite.

     "Uhm... It's ok... Accidents happen." She nodded to herself, forcing herself to believe him kissing her was an accident. A big mistake. She fiddled with her fingers and kept her head low. It was too hard to look at him right now. And if she did, she knew she wouldn't be able to take it anymore and burst into tears right in front of him. She held her stomach and let out a fake whimper. "Ah... I-I have to go to the bathroom..." She jumped off the stool and ran into the bathroom, locking herself in a cubicle, breathing lightly through as she tried to muffle her cries.

~

     Zelo leaned next tot he women's bathroom door and knocked on it. "Hey mutt, you taking a crap or what? You've been in there for like 10 minutes. Pali, pali~! Get out already."

     "Mutt... I'm loosing my patients."

     He sighed. "If it's about that kiss, Hye Mi, I'm really sorry..."

    Silence——.

     "Hye Mi..." He groaned and went over to the customer service lady. "There's a girl in the bathroom. Can you check up  on her? She's been in there for more than 10 minutes and she's not answer me."

     "Yes, sir. I'll go check on her right away." The middle aged woman bowed and headed to the  bathroom and came back trying to suppress her laughter.

     "Is she ok?" Zelo asked.

     "She-she fell asleep next tot eh toilet sir..." Zelo covered his mouth as he too was trying hard not to laugh.

     "Is it ok if I go in and take her out?" He asked.

     "Ah, ye. There's no one else in there, so go ahead." Zelo went into the bathroom and gently kicked open each stall until he found an unconscious body huddled in the corner, head tilted back and mouth wide open. Zelo chuckled and kicked her with his foot.

     "Yah," He said, but to no avail, she remained asleep. Zelo cursed under his breath and squatted down in front of her, resting his arms on his knees., studdying her face. He pushed her chin up with two fingers to close it, then moving stray hairs out of her face.

     "You crazy woman." He muttered then smiled, gently caressing her cheek. "You ran away, too. Am I that bad of a kisser?" His smile turned into a frown when he started thinking about Hani. He sighed and then picked her up off the ground, carrying her out the bathroom.

     A middle aged women clung to her husband's arm and pointed at them. "Omo! Agya! Don't they remind you of when we were young?" The husband chuckled and kissed his wife.

     "I hope they end up like us." Her husband said. Zelo blushed and turned to them.

     "She's not my girlfriend..." He stated, bowing before walking off.

     "Aigoo, that's what I used to always say." The husband chuckled, smiling down at his wife.

~

     Hye Mi yawned, snuggling closer to the warm, hard pillow next to her, hearing the vibration of it clearing it's throat.

     Wait-

     Pillows don't clear their throats... and they don't have throats either!!

     She fluttered her eyes open and looked at the body her arms were tightly wrapped around. She gasped, feeling her heart skip a beat and let go, crawling across the floo to get away from who ever it was.

     "Geez. You were practically strangling me. It was so hard trying to pry you off."

     Ok, ok, ok. Let me die here and now!! OMO!! I was hugging Zelo in such a weird way!!! Especially after that kiss... if he misunderstands its the end for me!!

     "Sorry... I thought you were a pillow..." She said.

     "What a horrible excuse." He stood up and smiled at her. "I know you want me." A playful smirk tugged at the corner of his lips and he winked at her. Hani turned away.

     "Y-yah!! Don't misunderstand... I really, really thought you were a pillow!" Zelo held his hands up in surrender.

     "Arrasso, arrasso." He said it in a sincere way, but his gestures were so sarcastic.

     "Yah! I swear ok?? Seriously!" Zelo squated down in front of her, smiling from ear to ear.

     "Swearing. Is. Bad." He said. poking her forehead with each syllable.

     That's weird... he seems brighter... more happier... like the way he used to... He stood up and held his held out towards her and Hani hesitatingly looked at it.

     "I'm helping you up, mutt."

     "Aish." She slapped his hand away and she pushed herself up, Zelo chuckled at her.

     "Kaja. The blizzard stopped."

     "Oh! ASA!! I can go home and pack for the trip tomorrow!" She looked out the window and groaned. Other than the roads, the snow was piled up high every where else.

     "Why is it already so dark?" She asked herself.

     "A truck came by a few hours ago and shoveled the snow out of the road. It was loud, but you still wouldn't wake up. It's no wonder why it's already dark. The buses and taxis are out of service today. I'll walk you home." Zelo said, pulling her jacket and walking towards the exit.

     "Yah! I can walk home by myself perfectly fine!" She said, wiggling out of his grasp. Zelo looked back at her and his new, scary self showed, glaring at her.

     "You don't know how many creeps are out there. Especially this dark. I'm taking you home and you're not going to go against it." He gave her the most intense look he's ever made and Hye Mi nodded, almost scared of what he'd do.

     "Kaja." Zelo frowned, taking her wrist in his hands.

     "Ai- Zelo..." Truth was, was that she didn't want to have to walk home with Zelo. It hurt enough that he had another girl in his heart and it made her confused as to why he even kissed her.

     "Don't misunderstand. This is gentlemanly. Common sense for a Korean man." Zelo opened the door for her and she queitly stepped out.

     The walk to her house was filled with total silence. Neither one tried to spark up a conversation and that also made it more awkward than it already was. Hye Mi stepped in front of her gate and faced Zelo, forcing on a smile.

     "Than..k... you for-" Before she could finish, Zelo frowned, wrapping his arms around her.

     "I was waiting for you to say something." He sighed and then continued. "Don't be scared. Tell me anything and swear to you that I will never be angry." The front door lights and they pulled away from each other. Hye Mi bowed, quickly walking inside her house.

     What does he mean??