Chapter 38

Zelo's Roomie

     "Oh man!" Hye Mi nervously ran towards the school, just as one of the teachers were going to close it. She quickly bowed at the teacher and spotted Kibum standing next to a bus. She stopped in front of him, bowed and panted a little.

     "You're late." He growled.

     "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry, I'll never do it again..." Hye Mi said, hoping she wouldn't be on her teacher's bad side today. Kibum was liked by everyone (mostly because he's a really young teacher), but when you get on his bad side, it's like you'll never want to live again. He's like a diva - what everyone calls him - and likes to be called 'Key' by his students when out of school grounds.

     Key smiled at Hye Mi. "Not you, Hye Mi. You got hear just on time." Hye Mi breathed a sigh of relief and then felt instant guilt for whoever was late. "You, sir, are late though. Why did you freaking jump the damn fence??" Key continued. Hye Mi turned around out of curiosity and was met face to face with Zelo. Talk about awkward...

     "Come, on Key. Let me off on this one. I couldn't sleep." Zelo clasped his hands together and mouth 'please' multiply times.

     "Tch. Last time, Zelo. Next time is a no no." Key smiled, shaking his head. "Anyway, since both of you are late, you don't have any roommates at all. Everyone else have roommates, except for you two." Key pointed at Hye Mi and Zelo.

     "Er... does that mean we're randomly gonna get roommates? Like bunk with two others that already are partners?" Hye Mi asked. Key shook his head. "Then, we're gonna get our own rooms??" Key shook his head again. "Then, we're gonna sleep in the hotel lobby??" Hye Mi asked sarcastically. She was running out of options.

     "No." Key said. "You both are roommates."

     "WHAT?!" Hye Mi's eyes rounded at key. "No way..."

     "Yes way." Key smirked at both of them, eyeing Zelo like they both had something they did but couldn't tell about.

     "What kind of school lets their students sleep in the same room as an opposite gender?? SHUT DOWN! This school will be shut down!!" Hye Mi said. "This guy..." She pointed over at Zelo, who was biting his lips to stop himself from laughing like a maniac. "I can't share a room with him, no waaaay."

      "It's alright. The hotel rooms that the students are staying in have two  separate rooms. So, calm down. No one will be ." Key smiled at her asuringly. I wasn't even thinking of that!! Gosh, topping me being with me being awkward with him is a freaking no no!!!

     "Let's go, mutt, you're sitting with me!" Zelo put his arm through hers and dragged her into the bus.

     "Zelo! I can walk, I can walk!" Hye Mi pulled away from Zelo, but failed. Zelo sat down and took her with her.

     "Yah! What's with you? You're not gloomy anymore" Hye Mi said, crossing her arms.

     "Mhmm... you'll find out soon..." He chuckled at her. Jongup, who was sitting in front of them with his girlfriend, turned around and rested his arms on top of the seat, smiling at them.

     "Hye Mi-ah, who's your roommate?" He asked cheerfully.

     "Hyung, I thought us sitting together was obvious." Zelo said.

     "M-mwoh?!" His eyes were wide and his jaw dropped. "You two??" He pointed both his pointer fingers at them.

     Zelo flashed a peace sign. "That's right!"

     "You!" Jongup kept one finger pointed at Zelo. "When did you ever-" He stopped and looked at Hye Mi, mouthing the word 'oh'. "Never mind..." He continued, then turned to Hye Mi. "Wait, what about Hyu-" He saw Hyuk Min staring at Zelo and Hye Mi. He was sitting with Jessica. Everyone sat with their roommates. "Nevermind..." He said again, deciding to change the topic.

     "Hye Mi, you've met Suzy Bae, right? My girlfriend?" His eyes twinkled and his smile stretched a mile. Suzy's head popped up next to Jongup, smiling at Zelo and Hye Mi. "Hi donseang!" She waved at Hye Mi.

     "Eonnie!" Hye Mi gasped. "Why didn't you tell me you guys are going out??"

     "I did. Alot. But it was that day you were spacing out really bad. I gave up after the tenth try." Suzy giggled, giving Jongup a peck on the cheek.

     "Aish! Quit with the love fest! You're gonna make me puke out of jelousy." Hye Mi puffed up her cheeks, but Zelo poked them, letting the air out. Key stepped on the bus, clapping ot get everyone's attention.

     "Ok, everyone. We'll be leaving after this announcement. We will arrive at the airport in an estimated hour and a half. Once we're in take off, we'll land in Japan in about 2 hours. We'll be taking another bus to our hotel. You must all come in and be given your room cards and then after that, you can do whatever the heck you want. The end." Key smiled, sitting down, and everyone cheered. Hye Mi shifted in her seat and glanced up at Zelo, who was already passed out and resting his head against the window.

     What did he mean by I can tell him anything? Hye Mi smiled as Zelo stirred in his sleep. His cheerful self is back... I'm happy, but does that mean he gave up on that girl he was talking about? Or did he and her get back together? That... would be most likely why he's so happy again... Hye Mi pursed her lips and remembered what he said last night. Hm... should I just tell him I'm Hani? I'm more comfortable with him then before... so...

     "Hye Mi-ah!" She turned her head back towards the sound and her eyes rounded, seeing Hyuk Min with Jessica. Hyuk Min was still staring and when he saw her, he whipped his head and looked out the window. They're sharing the same room? "Hye Mi-ah!" Hye Mi turned her head to the voice and saw Himchan waving at her happily. She smiled and made a small wave back to him and then looked over at Hyuk Min. She cocked her head to the side and her eyebrows furrowed, almost touching each other. That's so weird... Before, when Hyuk Min and Hye Mi were still together, she would feel jealous when she saw him with other women. But, she wasn't feeling any of that anymore. She turned back to Zelo.

     "Maybe... maybe I like someone more..." She whispered.

~

     Zelo poked Hye Mi's sleeping face and she yawned. "Get up, mutt. We're already at the hotel." He nudged her stomach and heard her giggle. Her eyes opened and she smiled at him. Zelo blushed and stood straighter. "Everyone's waiting for us inside. Pali." He said. Hye Mi stood up, stretching her arms and yawning once more. "Yah," he continued. "You slept on the bus on the way to the plane, you slept in the plane and you slept during the ride here? We're you up all night thinking about me?" His lips stretched into a teasing smirk.

     "How did you kno- I mean, NO! I wasn't! I wouldn't!!" She shook her head and swiftly ran out the bus and into the hotel. Zelo followed behind. Key gave them both their room card. Hyuk Min took long strides towards Hye Mi, smile crooked.

     "Hey," Hye Mi smiled.

     "Hey..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "Uhm, mianhe..." He said.

     "Hm? About what?" Hye Mi asked.

     "About me not picking you as my roommate. I was going to pick you, but... you weren't there and I thought you weren't coming so I picked Jessica..."

     "Oh no! It's ok! I already have a roommate." She grinned, pulling Zelo's arm closer to her. Hyuk Min's smiled faded into a frown, but instantly turned into a smile again, only fake, bowing at Zelo.

     "You know each other?" Hye Mi asked.

     "Yeah. We're dormmates." Hyuk Min said.

     "Really?" She chuckled to herself, finding it such a coincidence that her ex boyfriend is living with her ex roommate.

     "And, how do you know each other?" Zelo asked her.

     "Hyuk Min... he's my..." She furrowed her eyebrows. What were they? They definitely aren't really exes. Hyuk Min and Hye Mi never broke up, after all. She pursed her lips, not knowing what  exactly they were now. "... a friend." She said. Hyuk Min's stared at her in disbelief.

     "Ah, well, I'm going to my room. I'm so freaking tired." Hye Mi smiled, bowing at Hyuk Min and heading towards the elevator. Zelo and Hyuk Min bowed at each other before Zelo went to follow her. Hyuk Min watched them leave. He was so confused right now. Wasn't Hye Mi willing to get back together with him? Didn't she want to patch things up and be back to what they were before? But, weird thing was... he was partly ok with it. Although, he was hurt that Hye Mi decided not to get back to together by telling Zelo he was only her friend.

     "Oppa~" Jessica wrapped her arms in his. "Let's go unpack our stuff together."

     Hyuk Min looked down at Jessica and smiled. "Yeah."

~

     Hye Mi groaned and fell backwards on her bed. "Man, this bed feels like clouds." She mumbled. She looked through the open door and saw Zelo doing the same thing, only face down and legs spread apart. An opening... She giggled, getting up and sneaking towards him. She shaped both her hands into a gun, clasped together and she pointed towards his . In one swift motion, she poked at it, making him yelp.

     "One thousand years of pain!" Hye Mi guffawed, waching him grab at his in pain.

     "Yah!" He flipped over to his back and sat up, glaring at her. "I'm gonna get you later. I swear."

     "Try me." She smirked, crossing her arms.

     "I will. In the mean time.." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out two tickets. "Tickets to Tokyo National Museum." Hye Mi gasped and walked closer to him.

     "No freaking way!! I heard that their museum tickets are sky high expensive!!!"

     "Hmm, well, someone just has enough money to get them." Zelo smiled.

     "But, why a museum?" Hye Mi's excitement suddenly went down and she stared at Zelo. "Museums... are kind of boring." Hye Mi chuckled and Zelo made a face.

     "Jeez." Zelo sighed. "It's a foreign country. I don't know any kind of fun place to take you with me."

     "You were going to take me places?" Hye Mi blushed, smiling at him.

     "Well, yeah. I wanted you to have fun..." Zelo looked away, feeling embarrassed. Hye Mi took the tickets from his grasp and grinned.

     "With you, nothing is boring." She giggled. "Shall we go?" Zelo chuckled at her and got off the bed, placing his hand on her shoulder.

     "Tell me..." He whispered. "Tell me anything you want while we're here." He smiled, but it was almost sad, like he was pleading her to do something. "Remember, I won't be angry. Ok?" Hye Mi slowly nodded.

     I would tell you anything... If I knew exactly what you mean by that...

~

     "Whoa! Zelo, daebak!" Hye Mi snapped a picture of the traditional Japanese painting and grinned. "This is a lot cooler than I thought it would be!" Zelo arched an eyebrow and made a face.

     "Really? 'Cause this is a lot more boring than I thought it would be." Zelo shoved his hands into his pockets, looking at the paintings. "A bunch of pictures on the wall. I'm going crazy." He turned to Hye Mi, who's cheeks were puffed up in irritation. "Stop forcing yourself to like it. Sheesh." He poked her cheeks and grabbed her wrist. "Let's go somewhere else, huh?"

     "But, you paid a lot of money just to get in here!" Hye Mi protested.

     "Who cares. I have a lot more money than just that in my bank account."

     "Ah, jeez, you're really stubborn."

      Zelo smiled down at her. "Who do think I get it from?"

~

      Zelo spotted a pink store and pulled her towards it. "Let's go inside... It looks like an ice cream shop or something." The door's bell jingled as they looked for a booth. A cute girl wearing a made outfit greeted them."

     "Hello, master and mistress! Welcome home~!" She said in English, flashing a smile at them, but was mostly staring at Zelo. "Would you like to take a seat, master?"

     "Er... Zelo, why is she calling us that?? It sounds kinda... erted..." Hye Mi made a face at Zelo and he shrugged.

      "Kore wa resutoran no shuruidesu ka?" Zelo spoke so fluently, making the maid blush. Hye Mi nudged his rib.

     "What the hell did you just say?" She scrunched up her nose. "Are you flirting with her??" Zelo smirked, ignoring her and then turning back to the maid.

       "Anata wa totemo ryūchō ni hanasu! Kore ga meidokafedesu." The maid clasped her hands together.

     "Hontōdesuka? Arigatō, anata wa jibun wa warukunai yo. Wataachiha tēburu o eru koto ga dekimasu ka?" Zelo smiled at her and she blushed an even deeper red. Hye Mi nudged him harder and gave him the eye.

     "What are you guys talking about??" Hye Mi asked again, feeling a pang of jelousy hit her in the face. Zelo chuckled to himself and followed the maid to a booth.

     "Sit next to me, Hye Mi-ah." Zelo said smiling at her. Hye Mi scrunched up her nose, pouting and sat in front of him, staring out the window.

     "Yah. So you're ignoring me?" He asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

     "Yes. Because you ignored me and you were flirting with that ty little maid ."

     "Ohoho! Did you just confess? 'Because you ignored me and you were flirting with that ty little maid '." He mocked. "You're acting like you're my boyfriend." Hye Mi blushed, realizing the fact that she really was acting that way. She straightened up and stared at him.

     "No, you dumb . I'm mad because you ignored me. That's not cool." She growled.

     "Mhmm. But why is your face so red? You're embarrassed right? Because it's the truth right?" Zelo lightly laughed at her and she shot glares at him.

     "Fine, if you're just going to act like a total , then I'll just leave you alone with you're little of a maid and go back to the hotel room." She got up, but Zelo grabbed her arm and sat her down.

     "You know I was asking her what type of restaurant this is and if we could get a table?" He chuckled at her and her face reddened.

     "Ok... but you still didn't have to ignore me! What kind of friend does that..." She pouted, puffing up her cheeks.

     "Mianhe... I just wanted to see you jealous. And you look so cute jelous." Zelo smiled at her. Hye Mi fiddled with her fingers and stared at the table, trying hard not to smile back. A waiter came and asked for the orders.

     "Excuse me, you don't happen to be Kim Hye Mi right?" The waiter asked, eyeing her, eyebrows furrowed as if he was trying to figure out if it really was her. Zelo stared at both of them.

     "Wow, you're Korean is really good! And yes, I am." She smiled at him and the waiters' eyes lit up.

     "Oh my god! It's me, Park Hyung Seok! Do you remember me? Back in middle school, we were-"

     "Oh my gosh!! Yeah, I remember!" Hye Mi stood up and hugged him. "It's good to see you again."

     "What are you doing in japan?" He asked her.

     "Oh, this senior field trip thing. What are you doing here?"

     "Oh, I'm a photographer and taking a few pictures of Japan before I head back to Korea."

     "Then, what are you doing dressed up as a maid?" Hye Mi laughed.

     "Oh, this getup?" He blushed. "One of the employees here called in sick. I'm friends with the owner and he made a bet with me. I lost so here I am, working until his employee comes back."

     " for you." She giggled. Zelo cleared his throat and they both turned their gazes to him.

     "Oh, Zelo, this is Park Hyung Seok. Hyung Seok, this is Zelo." Zelo gave him a tight lip smile and both of them bowed at each other.

     "Can we get our orders? I'm starving." Zelo said.

     "Ah, yes. Sorry about that. I'll go get them right away." Hyung Seok bowed and then left.

     "Don't you think that was a bit rude? Sending him off like that? You could have at least said please." Hye Mi said.

     "Who's that guy?" He asked her.

     "Oh, Hyung Seok, you mean?"

     "Yeah."

     "He's my ex boyfriend."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! It's a new guy!!

 

Lol, ok, to be honest, I couldn't pick which guy should be Zelo's rivial in love.. I thought of Hyuk Min, but I didn't know how I was supposed to make a guy love Hye Mi again when he had no feelings for her anymore.... then I thought of Kamenashi, but really, I just couldn't imagine him liking Hye Mi. IDK why, but I just didn't.

And then i thought of Himchan. But... well... I just didn't want any of the members to fight/hate each other soo....

THEN, I was just casually scrolling through pictures of ullzang hotties (like the stalker I am LOL) and found one of my very favorites of all time!!!!!!!! Park Hyung Seok!!! He was on ulzzang shidae and I can't believe I didn't add him into the story!!! I love him. He's so ing ADORABLE!!!!!!

he's the guy in the poster, btw. and LOL, nope, I'm not going to spam pictures again... I'll probably never stop xD LOL

er... so if anyone has seen any hints of anyone liking Hye Mi, like with Kamenashi glaring at Zelo a bunch of chapters back when Zelo asked to be his girlfriend and when Kamenashi blushed when Hye Mi hugged her; when Himchan said : "I don't know if I should ask this certain girl or not.." ; when Hyuk Min was staring at Hye Mi and Zelo....

Yeah... those were my failed attempts of trying to add a love triangle in the story.... SO, i added this new character ^^

yup, yup.

 

I'm jealous of Hye Mi :c she has a bunch of hot friends !!!! >.< LOL