Chapter 41

Zelo's Roomie

     "Do you love me?" He asked her. Hye Mi turned her head around and looked at him, slightly confused.

     "Are you only saying that so you'll have more fun playing around with my feelings??" Zelo looked at her in disbelief. "L-let go... you're hurting me..." He reluctantly let go, but only to hug her waist.

     "I would never play with your feelings, Hani." Hye Mi twirled around once his words processed in her brain.

     "W-what did you say?" She asked him, her eyes star ting to well up already.

     "I know about everything. I found out from when we were stuck at that store because of the blizzard. You were talking in your sleep." A tear escaped her eyes and Zelo reached over to wipe it away.

     "I don't... I don't get it... If you knew then, then why would you still play around with me? Aren't we friends??"

     "Like I said, I wouldn't play around with you."

     "Then what about that girl you were talking about at the bus stop!! The girl you're still supposedly in love with even if she left you!!??" Zelo chuckled and held onto her shoulders.

     "Do you think this is funny? I like you a lot Zelo, and here I am telling you that, but you're laughing at me??" Zelo looked up at her and smiled.

     "The girl I was talking about at the bus stop was you."

     Then and there, time stood still and Hye Mi thought she was hearing things.

     "Say it again? I don't think I heard you right." She furrowed her eyebrows and leaned her ear towards him a little.

     "You. I was talking about you." He whispered in her ear. "The girl I love is you, Kim. Hye. Mi." And then it hit her. She was being stupid this whole time. She was totally slow and didn't realize the hints Zelo gave out after the whole incident at the store. She blushed and stared at him.

     "Again, please?" She asked him, only this time, she knew what he said; she just wanted to hear it again.

     "You." Zelo place his hands on her shoulders and leaned closer. "Are the girl I like most."

     "No, no, no. You didn't say like, so say it again, but right this time, because I think there's something wrong with my ears." She leaned her ears closer and bit her lips to hide her smile.

     " I love you." Zelo brushed his lips against her earlobe and she pulled away, staring at him for a few seconds. And then...

     SQUEAL—————————————!!!!!!!!

     She covered and turned around in embarrassment. Oh, god, oh god, so embarrassing... I just freaking squealed in front of him... oh god, what is he gonna think about me now??!! She took a quick glance at him and then turned away swiftly, grinning like an idiot to herself. He said he loves me!!! Squeal~! She cupped again and blushed. She could hear Zelo muffled chuckles and her shoulders slumped. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her neck.

     "Hm... but I want to know if you have the same answer for me?" He nuzzled her neck with his nose and she giggled, feeling ticklish.

     "Well... I don- YES~!" She covered again and mentally killed herself. Oh my god... I'm too excited... Zelo chuckled again, removing her hands from her face.

     "I want to see you... don't hide..."

     Hye Mi blushed again and then calmed down. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" She asked.

     "Anything."

     "Is this real?" She pouted. "Because if it is I seriously don't want to wake up..."

     "Do you want me to bite you? Then you'll find out if this is real or not..." His teeth grazed her neck and she felt chills run down her spine.

     "Nononononononononnononoooo-!" She wriggled out of his grasp and faced him. "Just slap me. No biting." She turned her face and closed her eyes, but nothing came. She opened one eye and looked at him. "Well?"

     "I'm not going to hit you." He put his hands on his hips and smirked at her, clearly finding everything funny.

     "Ugh, fine." She rolled her eyes and glared at him. "You know, you're just like real Zelo. Both of you don't listen.." She grabbed a large portion of skin on the back of her hand and squeezed with all her strength.

     "Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa---!!!" She let out a shrill cry and ran to her bed, covering herself with blankets while sitting up.

     "Are you ok??" Zelo rushed to her side and she pushed him away through the blanket. "Go away." She muttered, scowling under the blanket. "God, I'm embarrassing myself a lot today..." She quietly whined to herself.

     "Does it hurt?"

     "It doesn't..."

     "Then why'd you scream??"

     "Because I realized I wasn't dreaming!" She groaned, throwing her head back and falling flat on the bed. Zelo lay down next to her and pried the blanket off her face. He giggled, seeing how red Hye Mi's entire face was. Hye Mi turned her head away.

     "Don't look at me..." She mumbled. Zelo wiggled closer to her and brushed his finger tips across her cheek.

     "But, I want to look..." He whispered, putting one arm around her and pulling her closer to him. "Fine... if I don't get to see your face, then I'm going to sleep, ok?" He closed his eyes and Hye Mi's stomach churned at the skin ship.

     "Not hear you're not." Hye Mi poked at his forehead and when that didn't work, she began pushing his face with both her hands. Even so, he remained still. "If you don't go to your own bed, I'll kill myself."

     "Then, I'll kill myself, too."

     "Okay, then if you don't get off the bed, I'll kiss Himchan."

     "Then, I'll kiss Hi-" Zelo shot his eyes open and stared at her, unwrapping his arm and standing up. "Your bed is so uncomfortable. Aigoo, and this is a four star hotel?? You should complain." He covered Hye Mi with her blanket before heading out of her room and to his. Hye Mi watched him close the door and she giggled. But, he opened the door again.

     "Don't kiss Himch-"

     "I won't." She laughed. "You better not either." Zelo smiled at her.

     "Good night."

~

     Hye Mi saw the sunlight through her lids and she raised her head, blankly staring at the wall. She sniffed, smelling an awful smell... something mixed with onions and a football player's sock. She pulled her shirt up to her nose and took a big whiff.

     "Ugh... I forgot to take a shower last night..." Hye Mi sighed, lazily kicking off her blanket and crawling out of the bed, dragging her small feet across the floor and to the dresser. After getting her cloths, towel and toothbrush, she took a warm shower. After that, she sluggishly slipped into her her cloths. Walking over to the door, she felt a weird tingle run through her system when she took a look at the door.

     "What happened last..." Her confused face turned into a happy lipped, bright eye smile one, remembering last night's events. She twisted the door nob, but ended up letting go and scurrying over to the vanity mirror, fixing her stray hairs and looking for anything that might embarrass her, i.e., toilet sticking out of her pants. She ran back to the door, opening it and whipping her head left and right like she was crossing a busy street. She let out a quiet whine when she didn't catch a glimpse of Zelo, trudging over to the couch and plopping herself down on it, lazily flipping through channels, even none of them caught her interest. Suddenly, large hands s around her eyes, squeezing their fingers together so she couldn't get a single peek out.

     "Guess who," His voice was husky and tired, probably from just waking up. Hye Mi set the remote down and a smirk played on her lips.

     "Super Junior's Donghae?" She teased.

     "What?! NO!" He growled. "Guess again."

     "Sungminie~" She giggled.

     "NO."

     "Leetukie? Kyuhunie? Shindong... ie?" Zelo's hands fell to her shoulders, massaging them gently with his thumb. His own shoulders sagged, staring at her through the T. V. 's reflecton.

     "No, no, and my fingers aren't that chubby." He pouted. "I'm sorry that I'm not a Hallyu star..." He rested his chin on top of her head. "It makes me so sad that you mention other guys and not me."

     "Mhmm, well you go debut with a bunch of other guys and maybe you'll be on the top of my bias list."

     "I should already be on your bias list whether or not I'm famous a famous singer." His hands traveled to hers, tangling them together. "Junghong wants a nick name like those hyungs~" He cooed.

     "Hye Mi think's that's a bit embarrassing. Why are we talking in third person?"

     "But, Junhong said he's jealous of the famous hyungs because they get a nicknames from his girlfriend even though she doesn't have anything for him. And because Junhong wants to talk in third person."

     "Er, you know other fans made up those names? I didn't do it on my own."

     "Well, Junhong says he doesn't care and still wants a nickname and to talk in third person."

     "Junhong..." Hye Mi turned her entire body around and faced him. "Do you know how embarrassingly nicknames are? I'm not going to call you munchkin, pumpkin or... I dunno, watermelon?? Never done it, never will." Zelo wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her up close to him.

     "That's what the old people say to each other. This is a new generation, Hye Mi. Which mean a new choice of words to say."

     "I don't care. It's still embarrassing."

     "Does that mean I can't call you my baby?" Zelo smirked, raising an eyebrow as if he was challenging her. Her knees wobbled and she sat with her knees pointing at him. Hye Mi's face flushed. "Hmm, babe?"

      "Are you trying to do something weird to me?" She accused him, crawling off the couch and was shocked to see him shirtless. "Yah!! Stop trying to seduce me!! Put on a damn shirt, omo!!" Zelo laughed as he reached for the cloth laying on the couch. "You took that off when I was looking?? You're a ert!!" He yawned, ignoring Hye Mi's yelling and slipped into his shirt.

     "I made breakfast Hye Mi!" He exclaimed. "Get in the kitchen with me." He held out his hand and Hye Mi ran past him and into the sleek, black and white themed modern kitchen. She sighed loudly, happy he didn't set anything on fire.

     "What?" He asked.

     "Oh, god, I'm so proud of you! I don't smell the burning of wood or anything flammable, so I'm glad..."

     "I'm not that bad in the kitchen..." Zelo scrunched up his nose and headed over to the microwave. "Sit down for me." Hye Mi obeyed and sat down at the marble island table, watching as he opened the microwave. He came back and set a large rumyun cup in front of her and one next to her, where he sat in front of.

     "Ta-da!" He made arm motions, like he was presenting a brand new phone. "I know it's not much, but that's as far as I can go without killing myself." Hye Mi stared at the inside of the cup, all clear and watery. She grabbed a pair of chopsticks from a container on the middle of the island table and used it to poke the noodles. It was still hard...

     "It looks... delicious..." Hye Mi smiled at him.

     "Really? Don't lie."

     "Well, it doesn't matter what it looks like! As long as the food taste good, I don't care if it looks like garbage or whatever. Thank you." Hye Mi sincerely grinned at him.

     "Mhm... Well, let me try it first." Zelo grabbed himself chopsticks and took a hand full of noodles into his mouth- then spit it back into the bowl. Hye Mi eyed him weirdly as she was about to put the noodles into , however, Zelo  gently put his hand on hers, pushing her hand down and the noodles fell back into the cup. "Don't eat it. It taste bad."

     "It's instant noodles rumyun; all you need to do is put in the flavor mix and the vegetables and your good to go. How do you ruin instant rumyun??"

     "I think I used sparkling water... sorry... I was in a hurry... it was the first clear bottle of liquid I saw so I used it... sorry... I just wanted it to cook before you woke up... eheh..."

     Hye Mi smiled. "It's alright." She stood up and grabbed both the cups. "Do you want me to make breakfast instead?"

     "Yes. Do you know how long it's been since I've last eaten any of your cooking?? Get to the stove, woman."

     "Yah. I will hit you." Hye Mi said. "Say, please."

     "Please get to the stove, woman."

     "The last thing you'll see before you die is me charging after you with a butcher knife. She laughed, taking things out of the fridge. "Anyways, since I'm cooking, let me pay for the things I use in here..." Her voice trailed off when she felt a vibration in her back pocket (NO, s!! xD). She pulled out her phone and read the message sent to her.

 

 

From: (324)-392-164 (random number)

Hye Mi-ssi, it's Hyung Seok!! ^^ Sorry that I didn't text you yesterday... I had to finish my bet with the owner xD The guy I was covering for came back just now and I wish I could hang out with you, but I have work to do and yesterday was my only free day, huhu TT^TT Let's stay in touch, and then, once when we're both in Korea, we can make up for the missing years we haven't been together!! That, and, I seriously want to make you feel better after seeing you cry like that yesterday... Well, I better get back to work. My boss is started to nagg me non stop >.< Bye~!- Hyung Seok

 

 

     Hye Mi smiled as she saved his number and sent him a text back.

 

 

To: Hyung Seok-ssi

Good thing you're done with the bet! The restaurant looked busy yesterday and you looked pretty worn out... hehe, too bad you have work xDD Of course we're going to stay in touch and OF COURSE we're going to make up for the missing years! You OWE me BISHH lol. Yesterday is yesterday. Zelo and I made up ^-^ Nothing to worry about. Don't text back or else you just might get fired >.< Pyong~! -Hye Mi

 

 

     "Who's that?" Zelo rested his chin on her shoulder, trying to peek at her phone.

     "Hyung Seok." She replied. Zelo's arms wrapped around her waist protectively.

     "Should I be jealous?" He said sarcastically- although there was a hint of truth to his voice. He moved Hye Mi's hair to one side so he could nuzzle her neck .

      "You shouldn't." She said, getting back to cooking.

     "But, I am."

     "There's nothing to worry about. He and I are done with being more than just friends." She sliced a zucchini and put it aside.

     "Mmm... let's change the subject." He clucked his tongue and watched as she skillfully and swiftly cut through the vegetables. "I want to know what the whole deal is with you changing from Hye Mi to Hani, then back to Hye Mi."

     "Do you remember when I was crying and saying I hated my parents? That wasn't the whole story..." Hye Mi began to explain the whole thing, all the while slicing and cutting meat and vegetables.

     "Geez, were you really that much in love with Hyuk Min that you left me?" Zelo said once she was done. He fidgeted with the front of her apron, still hugging her from behind.

     "I was really confused with what I felt for you... I mean, I thought Hyuk Min was the whole world to me that I forced myself not to think about you. That's why I agreed with my father on going to America. It was only supposed to last two months, but my dad had business over there so my vacation lasted a while longer than I thought. I even had to go to school there... You know, from the beginning, I thought the trip would help me forget about you, but, seriously, the more I couldn't see you, the more I thought about you. And then, when I came back and met Hyuk Min, my feelings for him were only that of a friend. I felt so stupid wasting my time chasing another guy when you were right behind trying to catch up..."

     Zelo kissed her jaw. "That makes me feel so unbelievably good about myself... to be wanted so damn much by the girl I love~ Hehe." Zelo giggled, ruining the whole moment. Even so, Hye Mi smiled and put the meat into a pot.

     "Babe, do you want me to make the rice for you?" Zelo offered. Hye Mi bit her bottom lip. I'm sure I will turn into the next octomom if he calls me that again...

       "Are you sure you won't mess it up?" She asked.

     "Oh hur dur dur hur. Of-to-the-ing-course I can make rice!! Who doesn't??"

     "Oh, well, I don't know, maybe the rest of the other races? Unless they were taught to, then they can't. But, the rest of the world knows how make instant noodles and how to not mess it up."

     "Oh, hur, hur, you make me laugh. Don't remind me. It was embarrassing enough that the girl I like probably would have died once it touched her tongue, 'kay?" A knocking on the door stopped Zelo from opening the cover of the rice cooker. "I'll go get it." Zelo walked to the door and opened it.

     "Hello Junghong!"

       "W-what the hell??"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Omg, who's at the door, whoooaaaa!!!

I've been so hyper recently TT^TT I dunno if you guys have noticed, but I think my author's note has become a bit immature xDD Lol. Well, it's only because my aunt and my cousin just came back from the Philippines, and they brought back A LOT of pinoy candy >.< my favorite is all of them. I can't freaking stop eating them because, most of the candy is made with purple yam and purple yam is like my other half!!! >.<

 

If anyone sees a strange girl sitting in the corner and from the back she looks like a zombie eating a poor child... yup. Call my parents and tell them you found me eating the candy again. (I forgot what it was called, lol.)

lol xD

Also, my cousin got me something other than candy(which I need to stop eating or I'll gain weight lol)!! That bish face got me domo and Hello Kitty stuffies. (Yeah, I call them stuffies >.>) But, the domo he got me looks like.... poop. Like, really... It doesn't really look like domo... the arms are different... and they look... poopy.

I swear, I will never grow up >.< Forever a child at heart <3

 

Bye~

-Himechan