Chapter 29

Zelo's Roomie

If anyone's read the last update... you'd know that Chapter 28 wasn't saved... So this chapter's a bit different than I originally planned out because I forgot the story line for this chapter. Stupid computer >.< lAKSJDflkdaf; aldfk adjkajasjadsk c

Ahem- Please enjoy...

Thank you. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Hye Mi power walked away from the pink haired boy she just spoke to. She felt her heart racing and it was definitely not because of the small workout she was doing to escape that encounter. Her face was flushed a deep red and she found a pillar, hiding behind it. Was that Zelo? If it was... He got taller and his baby fat's gone... His hair is pink... And... he looked so cold... almost scary. Her heart began to beat faster as she remember the times she and Zelo had when she was still living with him. Even if he was annoying from time to time, she loved being by his side... it made her... happy. She looked turned her head and looked back at the hallway, scanning for any sign of him, even if if it was just a glance. Disappointed, she hung her head, staring at her feet. Maybe I'm dreaming? Because, there's no way I would have run away from him like that... To make sure seeing Zelo wasn't a bluff, she bit her bottom lip, only to wince in pain afterwards, feeling the warm blood drip to her chin.

     "Ah, jeez..." She dapped at her lip with her fingers but stopped when she felt the pain her fingers were making from the touch. She gulped, seeing all the kids slowly disappearing as they began to hurriedly run into their classes. Oh my gosh! Hye Mi gasped. How can I forget I have classes with Zelo?? She shook her head. Why was she acting so scared and being so worried for? She was just going to see a friend she hasn't communicated with in a while. Hye Mi felt something warm slide down her left cheek and she swiped at it, thinking the blood from her lip somehow traveled to her cheek. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the glistening water on her fingers. Why am I crying? A tear drop hit her hands and she subconsciously began to sob. She slid down the pillar and wrapped her arms around her legs. She knew why. It was because she missed Zelo. But she just didn't want to admit it.

~

     Hyuk Min smiled down at the energetic Jessica. He was walking her to class even though he knew he'd be late to his own since her class was farther and the bell was going to ring any minute. But, he didn't care. Jessica's company relaxed him, making him forget about all of his worries with just one smile from her.

     "-and we should do something fun! Ooh! Like going to Lotte World!! No, no, Cabi Bay! You'd have to wear your swimming trunks, though, Hyuk Min, or else it'd look funny if you wore your trunks and a T-shirt while swimming. I mean, I know you're a bit on the skinny side, but your face is a huge distraction from the rest of your body! So-"

     Hyuk Min couldn't take it anymore and interrupted her chatter with his laughter, having to bend and hold his knees for support.

     "What's so funny?" Jessica stopped walking and stared down at him, totally clueless as to why he was laughing like an idiot.

     "Because- haha -you are unbelievably talkative today! Hehe, you remind me of my baby cousin." He stood up chuckling and he patted her head. She blushed showing him a small smile. Hyuk Min saw and he too blushed, turning his head away so she wouldn't see.

     "Erm... I think Cabi Bay sounds cool..." Hyuk Min cleared his throat and looked back at her with a grin. "When do you want to go?" Jessica beamed at him.

     "Hmm... maybe this Saturday? I'm only free that day." Hyuk Min began to think. He wasn't exactly free that day. His father asked if he could come to the company and help around a little and maybe learn a few things about business, but he wasn't just about to tell her that.

     "I'm free." He grinned and they kept walking. Suddenly something caught Hyuk Min's eye. A girl sitting behind a pillar her hair so long is touched the floor. And she was shaking... was she crying?? Hyuk Min ran towards the pillar.

     "Excuse me, are you ok??" He asked. The girl wiped at her face, slightly sniffling.

     "Mm... yes, I'm fine... thank you..." She didn't look up, but her voice was enough to tell Hyuk Min she wasn't. It was obvious she was crying, she had a bit of a hard time talking.

     "Are you sure you're ok?" Jessica joined in. The girl looked up and both Jessica and Hyuk min jumped back in surprise. It was Hye Mi, face twisted in a way she looked as if she was in pain. But upon seeing both of her old friends, she sort of lightened up, happy, but she still looked sad.

     "I- I didn't expect to meet you guys like this!" She tried her best to put on a smile and she stood up. "I missed you guys!" Her fake exterior was believable for those who barely knew her, but these two have known her practically all her life- not counting the years they haven't seen each other. Hyuk Min pursed his lips. Why wasn't his heart taking a giant leap? Why wasn't his heart pounding like it used to when they both were together? He expected his feelings to rush out and he'd be in love all over again. But nothing. All he felt were the feelings of seeing an old friend. And to be honest, he felt awkward.

     "Hye- Hye Mi." He let out a happy sigh and walked closer to hug her. Jessica frowned, looking down at her feet. Hye Mi's eyes widened. She didn't expect him to hug her so fast. But, she should have. In fact, weren't they in love? Hyuk Min felt her shaking. He knew she was trying her best not to cry in front of them. Hye Mi's hands awkwardly wrapped around him, hugging him tight. "I missed you." He whispered. "Alot." Hye Mi buried her head into his uniform, nodding her head silently.

     "I missed you, too." Her voice was muffled, but Hyuk Min could make it out. But, did she really? Did he really?

     This meeting was unexpected. Uncalled for. They both imagined themselves in a more intimate way. Hearts beating in the speed of light, stomachs filled with butterflies and kisses filled with love.

     But, what was this?

     People walking by could have witnessed an old friendship rekindling. Not anything more.

~

     After Jessica excused herself to go to her class and Hyuk Min insisting on walking her there (She rejected his offer), Hye Mi and Hyuk Min walked into class together, both almost five minutes late into class. Kibum excused them, since Hyuk Min was a new student and he was a fan of Hye Mi. Hye Mi looked at the empty desk she was assigned to. The same desk she was always assigned to since the begging of the year. She gulped, staring only at the desk and not the person who own the one next to it. She sat down quietly and Mr. Kibum started lessons.

     She began fiddling with her fingers, thinking of how she could start a conversation. Maybe a simple, 'Hello'? Or she could ask him for notes? But she would have been too 'new' to school to have even known there were any notes needed copying.

     She felt a light tapping on her shoulder and she whipped her head towards it, almost eagerly. She stared at Zelo wide eyed, she had become frozen in place, not knowing what to say. Was he going to introduce himself instead? He was the friendly type. Zelo stared back at her, slightly confused why she was giving him such a strange look.

     "Erm... you dropped your pen..." Zelo pointed at the ground and sure enough, Hye Mi's pencil lay next to her feet. Almost like a flood, disappointment came rushing into her system.

     "Uhm... yes... thank you..." She bent over and picked it up, her cheeks reddening. After about 10 minutes into class, Hye Mi found herself wanted to look over at Zelo. Does he even remember me? Wouldn't he remember me? I mean, even Mr. Kibum did... and we aren't even that close... Her eyes darted to his feet. One look wouldn't hurt... Her head raised and her eyes followed up to his face. He was staring back. Zelo's eye's widened and he whipped his head the opposite way, looking out the window. Was he staring at me?? Hye Mi looked back at her hands and took one last peek at Zelo, who's cheeks were deep red color.

     Oh jeez... Why am I acting so girly? You could punch someone's grandma if they pissed you off! Hye Mi's lips formed a tight line. Just. Say. Hi. She breathed in and stuck her hand out. Zelo looked at it with a curious expression.

     "H-heoakjds ;lkaelfsj." She covered and blushed once she realized what she said. What the hell did she even say?

     "What?" Zelo gave her a weird look and Hye Mi opened again.

     "Heroaklsdjm;;lakdsf dsg." Zelo arched an eyebrow and ignored her, turning his head to look out the window. Hye Mi buried her face in her desk. Oh God, I'm embarrassing myself. I bet I looked like a total weirdo!! Hye Mi squinted her eyes shut and pretended to listen to the lesson. Time flew by and class was already over. Hye Mi got up and took a look at Zelo, who quietly picked up his bag and proceeded to the door. Weird... He'd usually chat with some of the kids before heading off to break... Hyuk Min grabbed her shoulders, bringing her back into reality and realized the classroom was empty. How long was I in La La Land??

     "What were you thinking about?" Hyuk Min chuckled and Hye Mi looked up at him.

     "Erm... I guess I'm just not very focused right now! There's just been alot of things going on... So I guess I'm just thinking alot..."

     "Anything I can help you with?" He offered. Hye Mi shook her head and gave him a slight smile. It'd be bad if I told you about Zelo.

     "It's not that big of a deal..." Hye Mi sat on top of her desk and looked at him. "You really haven't changed... I'd thought you'd look different."

     "Um, well, my hairstyle changed." He smiled and Hye Mi smiled back. What the hell am I supposed to say next? I have no clue what to say!!!

     "Er... The weather... the weather's nice today..." She cleared and played with her fingers, something that's become a habit of her's recently. Hyuk Min turned his head and looked at the window and then back to her.

     "Uhm, I didn't know you like getting frost bite." Hye Mi tilted her head and looked out the window. Jeez, it's practically a blizzard outside...

     "Sorry! I just- Uhm..." She scratched the back of her head. She seriously didn't know what to say. "Ah! How about we hang out!! It's been awhile. Like maybe... a date... this weekend?" She looked at her feet. It felt so awkward for her to say date.

     "A.. date?" Hyuk Min repeated. It was pretty damn awkward for him, too. "Sound's great! Uh... when, though??" He suddenly remembered his meet up with Jessica on Saturday at Caribbean Bay.

     "Saturday? Is that fine for you?" She looked up at him and he began to feel uneasy.

     "That day... I'm busy, sorry... I promised to help my dad over at his company..." Hye Mi frowned. Saturday was the only day she could be free. Sunday was the day she was going to help her brother with his unpacking.

     "Maybe next time, then?" She smiled. Why does it feel so awkward?? Hyuk Min hesitated.

     "Yeah... next time." He smiled and headed off to see their friends.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed a change in this story... Before, it was amusing (At least what my friends said) to read and in last few chapters... it's become so serious...

I tried to brighten things up a bit with the small humor in this chapter.

If you can even call that humor >.> lol

this was originally a romantic drama with a bunch of comedy. But now it's become a romantic drama with no comedy.

I swear >.< I need to make it funnier!!!!!!

I've been reading alot of serious books recently... ones that are for the older types of people (No, nothing erted, lol) Like, with the big words and the blah blah blah. I mean, whenever I talk to people online, they expect me to be like 20 years old or something. But I'm like waaaay younger.

Yeah, I'm fourteen >.< Turning fifteen soon. In like, 6 months, LOL.

In real life, I don't use big words (Because, if I do, I sound like a total idiot and not someone smart, lol). And I also don't look my age either. A sixth grader once came up to me all nice and what not and I felt awkward because she's younger than me (I dunno, I feel MUCH relaxed with people my age, or around that) and she was just being nice and stuff and she asked who my teacher was 1st period. And I told her an 8th grade teacher's name and she was like O: She told me "You're not 6th grader!!!!??"

Not only did she think I was a 6th grader, but she thought I was a 6th grader who skipped a couple grades.

I'm asian, so I guess that explains the young looking face.

BUT JEEZ. THE REST OF MY ASIAN FRIENDS MY AGE LOOK OLDER THAN ME!!!! Even my 6th grade (well she's in 7th now) asian friend looks older than me.

I think my height is the biggest problem.

You see, I'm short.

5 feet short.

In the 5th grade I was 4 foot 11 inches. I grew two inches in FIVE years. (Though, I haven't checked my height since last year....)

So, my young face is the reason why I used to put on POUNDS of makeup everyday. Foundation, that powder stuff (I forgot and I used to use it every day lol) eyeliner, eye shadow prep, fake eyelashes and the occasional eye shadow. This was only because I was so insecure about myself. I felt older with makeup so that's exactly what I did. But I stopped recently, 'cuz makeup does wonders on aging if you use it. Not because you're covered in pancake batter, but it's whatever's in makeup that ages your face. If I kept wearing makeup, I'd be 16 and look 40 years old.

Makeup gives you wrinkles!!!!!!!

Wrinkles~ ewww. lol

Makeup bad for you!
 

No makeup till you're dead!

And no boyfriend till you're married >.

Asian parents sayings LOL.