Chapter 26

Scandal 2

" Let's take a break!! "

The staff of KBS shouts and all the people on the shooting clap in joy. They announce that the shooting will break for two hours and it will reatart after lunch.

They are currently filming the traditional style of lunch foods in village and the production PD decides to take private lunch after he has taken the shots he wanted.

Chaeyoung can finally change her posture from formal to relaxation as soon as the cameras off.

" Ahhh, my back. It's screaming in pain."

She murmurs making Chaewon chuckles.

" Unnie, you are too short to have a back pain in young age."

" Yah! "

Chaeyoung glares in a teasing way at her member and they are having their fun time at lunch together. Their manager Jisoo sits at the other table while the idols from G.O.G, Scarlet, T-challa and Accio are sitting at one table together for the shooting.

Chaeyoung takes a secret glance at Mina who is sitting at the opposite diagonal side to her together with her member, Tzuyu. She quickly shifts her gaze back to Chaewon when she notices that Mina is about to look at her direction.

" Huuuu, it's too hard to ignore her."

Chaeyoung murmurs and her member chuckles. Chaeyoung feels like no appetite and she is just playing with her food. Chaewon leans to her and she whispers.

" Unnie, just stay normal. I'll help you, I promise."

Chaeyoung nods at her member but her eyes keep taking glances at the Japanese beauty at the opposite site. The shooting restarts after lunch and the PD gathers the girls around to announce something.

" Girls, now we are going to go and try paragliding."

" Wowwww."

All of them are surprised and excited by the announcement.

" Who want to go and try? You can stay here and wait if you are scared of height."

The PD said and the girls are talking with each other, discussing what to do.

" I'll go."

Chaeyoung raises her hand, followed by her fellow member, Chaewon. Tzuyu knows that Mina is scared of height so she has decided to stay here with her member. But to her surprise, Mina suddenly raises her hand.

" I'll go."

" Mina unnie? "

Just like Tzuyu, the PD seems he is surprised too.

" Oh, Mina-sshi, I was informed that you may not join the paragliding as you are scared of height. What is happening? "

Mina doesn't know what got into her mind but she just wanted to raise her hand. Now, she has to give an excuse not only to the PD but also to her manager Lisa who is now glaring her from the audience.

" It is true that I'm scared of height but I want to try something new. Plus I want to show my courageous side to our Graces. So, I will try it."

" Awwww, so sweet of you. Your fans are so lucky."

The PD said and the Japanese girl is just smiling. And after they have divided the teams for the parahliding and staying, they walk up the hill to get to the point where their paragliding instructors are waiting.

" Mina unnie, you will be ok? "

" Yeah, don't worry, Tzuyu-ah."

Mina tries to calm down Tzuyu who seems worried for Mina. Indeed, she is also worried but she wants to be with Chaeng as much time as possible. It is enough for her to see her face even if they can't be together anymore. That's why she chose Chaeng over her fear.

On the other hand, Chaeng and Chaewon who are walking behind the others at the very back are whispering to each other.

" Unnie, this is a good sign."

" What is a good sign? "

" Geez, stop pretending like you are stupid. It is too obvious that Mina girl wants to go together with you."

" Is it obvious? Do you feel in that way too? "

" Yeah, not only me, everyone is thinking like this now. I bet."

Chaewon said and Chaeng smiles in a satisfying way. It is not too bad then. May be Mina has some feelings for her too. Huuu. I'm going to be crazy. Chaeng thinks.

When they reach to the point, the instructors are waiting for them already. There are six girls to do the paragliding and the instructors are only three so they have to divide into two team.

" 1 member from each team please."

The PD said and Chaeyoung is about to go but one of the staffs runs to her and stops. 

" Chaeyoung-sshi, please go for another round."

" Nae? "

" Script."

She whispers and runs to the back leaving the idol dumbfounded. On the other hand, Tzuyu is forced to go in team 1 by the staffs as they are trying to set up the arrangement for the scandal-girls.

" Lisa-sshi, you should follow Tzuyu-sshi. It is a little dangerous for them to go alone."

" Oh."

Lisa doesn't want to leave Mina but she has no choice. They have to use a car to reach at the peak to do the paragliding so she has to go with Tzuyu. Lisa finally sighs and pulls Mina to her.

" Mina-ah, try to stay away from Accio. You know what I mean, right? "

" Arasso."

Mina said and Lisa follows Tzuyu who is already on the car. Mina knows she shouldn't mess up things so she just walks around and does some sightseeing to kill the time.

" Oh, you are a big boy! "

Suddenly, she hears a loud giggle of a familiar person and she sees Chaeng playing with a big dog nearby. 

" Haha, you want to sit on me? Hahahhaha, you are a good boy."

Chaeng is rubbing his neck and the dog is trying to hug her, the idol and the dog are playing on the grass while a camera is filming every scene. Since the scene is too beautiful, Mina even doesn't want to air it. No wonder everyone loves this childish idol. She is too adorable with her charming dimple smile.

" Mina-sshi, wanna some water? "

" Thank you."

Mina takes the water bottle from the staff and she smiles at him as a thank you. Mina opens the water bottle but her hand is sweaty and she can't open the lid by herself.

" Ahhh."

" Give me."

Suddenly, a voice appears beside her and Mina looks up the person in shock. 

" Give me."

Chaeyoung repeats and she takes the water bottle from Mina by herself. Mina can't even look at Chaeng in straight so she just stares at her hand which is now in red due to her force.

" You should ask someone to do it for you. Your hands are too soft."

Chaeyoung said as she hands the water bottle back. Mina shyly nods and she takes the water bottle from Chaeyoung. 

This is so awkwarded.

Both of them think but they don't know what to say anymore. They are just standing awkwardly. 

" Ummmm, do you want some water? "

" Yeah, I , I mean No. I should go now."

Chaeng said and she walks away quickly, leaving Mina with skipping fast heartbeat. Mina has to hold on her own chest to calm down herself. And a stupid smile appears on her face while she is rethinking about how Chaeyoung helped her.

After they have done filming their paragliding, they come back to the village for the dinner. The rest of the shooting goes well and Tzuyu notices that Mina is smiling all the time. Hmmmm, something might have happened. She thinks.

At that time, a staff comes to her and she gives a piece of paper to her.

" Your new script, Tzuyu-sshi."

" Hmm, me? Alone? "

" Nae."

Tzuyu reads the script in runthrough. Call a member and tell her about the day. The phone lines are not good in village so you need to go to the high place nearby at the end of the village to call. Tzuyu furrows her eyebrows.

" Should I have to do this? "

" Yes, please call Sana-sshi. Fans will love to see."

The staff said and she bows Tzuyu before she makes her way back to other to give their own scripts too.

" They all are scary, ain't they? "

Mina walks to Tzuyu and she whispers. Tzuyu sighs and she nods while hitting her palm with the paper numerous times. Mina holds on her arm and smiles.

" But I really envy you. The whole world is supporting you and Sana unnie. It seems like there is no one to stop you, guys."

" But unnie, if they find out that we are really in love with each other, they will be the ones who kick us out from this industry. Those people are too scary."

The two members keep chatting until the PD tells them to get into place to restart the last shooting for today. Tzuyu has to ask the others where she can make a call while she is busy with her phone.

Awww, we are all like toys for the profits of entertainments and brocast stations. They will make us in the shape they want us. We can't make our own choices, even in the programs which they call 'reality shows' that are actually far away from the reality.

Mina thinks as she is watching her member leaving with the staffs to go to shoot the phone calling scene. I want freedom, she thinks.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

" Kang Hyewon, where are you? "

" Geez, stop shouting my name. Our neighbours will complain about us. I'm right here."

Hyewon said while rolling her eyes and Chaeyeon is just giggling. She ruffles Hyewon's hair and keeps teasing her fellow member.

" Nayeon unnie, Chaeyeon is making fun with me!! "

" Chaeyeon! Come here and help me cooking."

Nayeon shouts back from the kitchen and Hyewon sticks her tongue out at her bestfriend who is now glaring at her. Hyewon is about to sit on the couch when Yuri suddenly hugs her from nowhere.

" Oop! Yuri-ah, I can't breathe."

" Unnie, I'm hungry. Let's go out and eat then we can go some arcade and play."

" Ummm? "

Hyewon doesn't know how to answer back as Yuri starts pouting.

" You don't love me. You don't love your maknae."

" Yuri-ah, it's not like this."

" Yah! Jo Yul, you shouldn't say such words to your unnies."

Hyewon feels like she has never been so happy to see Yena in front. The duckling walks to them and she pulls away the clingy Yuri, making Hyewon to mouth Thank you.

" But, I just want to play with Kwangbae."

" Yah, she is in recovery stage of her heartbreak. Just let her be as she wishes."

" But it's my way of cheering her up. I'm her sister, too. I'm worried for her too."

" But you are doing it in a wrong way."

Hyewon doesn't want to listen to them anymore. She takes the opportunity of Yuri being scolded by Yena and makes her way into her room in a Flash's speed.

" Huuuuu, finally I can have my alone time."

Hyewon throws herself on her bed and she closes her eyes while her forearm is resting on her forehead. She puts her right leg on her left knee and lies down in relaxation.

" They are killing my ears. Haha."

But she is really thankful to her members. She can be back to herself again quickly because of them. If they were not beside her, she won't know what to do.

* phone ringing *

Suddenly, her phone rings and Hyewon extends her arm to grab her phone that she has left on the side table beside her bed. When she sees the caller's ID, her eyes widen.

" Omma? Why is she calling me all of a sudden? "

Hyewon thinks and she answers rhe call.

" Nae, Omma? "

" Hyewon-ah, how are you? "

" I'm fine, omma. Why are you calling me at this late hour? Did something happen? Appa's alright? "

" Calm down, Honey. We just came back from a party and your father told me to give you a call so- "

" Nae, you are near to give me heart attack."

Hyewon said and her mother chuckles.

" But, Hyewon, you have to come back home this Chuseok holiday."

" Umm? Omma, I don't think I can make it. We are in tight schedules and practices for our next comeback."

Hyewon tries to reject her mother's order which makes her mother to change her tone.

" Kang Hyewon, what have we talked about your work as an idol? "

" I- "

" We will let you do as you want. But you have to listen to us when we tell you to do something. We will let you sing on the stage but you have to follow our leads when you are not on stage. Remember? "

" But Omma- "

" Stop it now. We have to go to your father's work partner's birthday. And we would like to introduce you to our business friends at the party. You are the one who have to take over our company one day."

" I have told you already. I'm not interested in business."

" I don't want any excuse anymore. You have to comeback tomorrow. The party will start at 6. Don't be late. Saranghae."

" Arasso. Nado Saranghae."

Hyewon weakly said and her mother ends the call. The idol lets out a deep sigh and she lies back down on the bed again.

" Ahhhh, I'm not really interested in business things. And the parties are the places I hate most. How can they force their daughter to do something like this? "

Hyewon keeps complaining and pouts.

" But I'm still lucky that they let me to be the idol. I don't know what to do if they force me to leave the group and focus on the study for their business later. I have to thank to my parents."

Hyewon thinks and she puts her phone back to the table. At that time, she hears a loud voice of Nayeon from the kitchen.

" Kids, dinner's ready. Come!!!!!! "

Hyewon sighs and she gets out from the bed to join her members. Well, she has to tell them that she will have to go home tomorrow for that stupid party, too.