Chapter 7 - Pirate King's Revenge's crew

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

 

The door of the bridge abruptly opens and reveals a dark expression Wooyoung who's dragging a beautiful girl inside, she also has anger paint on her face.

He tosses the girl inside and she loses balance which resulted in her stumble to the ground.

She makes a loud yelp and gives the man a menacing glare. But he completely ignores her and walks away.

The scene causes the conversation inside the room to die down.

Everyone's gaze shifts between their unusual bad-mood first mate and the pitiful girl on the ground.

Then another figure makes the way inside, it's the seeres. She has a pout on her lips indicating that she's also in a foul mood. Following her is Yeosang, their surgeon, he surprisingly has dark aura around him.

The scene is quite shocking.

What's causing their flirtatious first mate to throw a beautiful girl on the ground?

Normally, he would flirt with every single female that got into his field of vision. One time they caught him flirting with the figurehead of their ship when he was drunk. And that was honestly awful.

Anyhow what more surprising is angry Yeosang, he's the softest one among them or that's what they think when he's in a good mood. But once he's in a bad mood all hell gonna break loose.

To whoever is able to turn him into devil mode, that person has committed a great sin.

People inside the room exchange glances in curiosity but no one open mouth asks their crew mates.

---

I enter the bridge or navigation room and spot 'Y/N' on the ground. Tears brim in her honey brown eyes which cause me to sympathize with her a bit, just a bit because I'm still hungry.

Sighing, I help her up and notice her slight tremble. I pat her back to calm her down.

But when I look up, I think I'm the one that needs to be calm down the most.

Because Ateez members are all inside this room.

I repeat all of them!

OH MY GOD!!!

That's how I die and my soul leaves the body completely.

This is the strongest attack I ever received when I stepped foot into this realm.

I stand there frozen, not sure to scream or cry or what.

They probably notice my face turn from white to red and then white again. And the corner of my mouth is about to lift up into a maniac smile. I try my hardest to press my mouth into a thin line.

Stop! You must not fangirl in this situation!

Yeosang who follows behind me sees that I go rigid once I see his crew.

He gently touches my back making me snap out of my trance.

I look up to meet his concerned eyes. But I can only manage to return him an awkward smile.

He jut out his chin to the chairs at the end of a large wooden table in the middle of the room.

"Sit." He curtly says.

We walk toward the table while I try to distract Ateez's gaze by observing the room instead.

Scanning around, the room is spacious and tastefully decorated with paintings, swords, and guns on the wall.

Once we situate ourselves in the seats, Yeosang leans against the wall behind us.

Sitting anxiously under the scrutinizing eyes of Ateez, I try not to meet their eyes.

We're sitting on a nice looking red velvet chair and the large wooden table before me is full of maps, books, papers and some tools I've never seen. Assuming we must be summoned here to talk about the wonderland map and judging on the amount of paper on the table they must've worked really hard to chase after the map.

There're several members sitting at the table and at the head of the table Hongjoong is sitting like a king. He already took off his flashy red coat and left with a loose-fitting white shirt that reveal a glimpse of his collarbone.

Someone needs to tell him how good he looks right now, because I can't say that out loud.

And behind him, at the end of the room, stands a desk which I guess it's his working desk. It's also full of papers. Behind the deck is a large window, the light outside flows into the room. I could see the blue sky and sea clearly.

Someone clears his throat which makes me stop paying attention to the surroundings.

"Ladies, I guess our first encounter is quite...displeasurable. Let me introduce ourselves again" Hongjoong opens the conversation. His signature sly grin appears on his face.

I think he chose the wrong word, it's not displeasurable but rather horrifying.

"I'm captain Hongjoong. And welcome aboard to my ship 'Pirate King's Revenge.'" His velvet voice echoes throughout the room and silence follows letting the word sink in our mind.

What a bold ship name.

Reading is one thing but once I hear it from Hongjoong's month, it carries somewhat powerful vibe.

The loud applause suddenly breaks the silence. I turn my head to see the source of the sound and see Mingi clapping, his face showing pride.

He looks intimidating with his fiery red hair and black coat with a gun holster sling across his chest.

"Truly impressive, right? Our ship name." He turns to ask 'Y/N' and me with a husky voice.

The girl who sits on my left side shifts uncomfortably in her seat. She still hasn't recovered from anger and now it adds with fear.

"Uh...yes." I replied, earning a grin from him.

He looks satisfied with my answer and continues, "You know how we got the name. That's when our captain, he-"

"Enough, Mingi." Hongjoong cut him off which makes Mingi pout at him.

But his expression turns into seriousness in milliseconds when he turns to face me.

"I'll tell you later."

I meekly nod in return. Why I feel like it's a threat instead of story-telling time.

Then the black-haired guy speaks up, "Seonghwa, Quartermaster." He is as cold as ever. He openly glares at me, making me wince a little.

After the accurate prophecy he still doubts me?

"Wooyoung, first mate." Wooyoung says brusquely. He leans against a wall near Hongjoong at the head of the table and doesn't even spare a glance our way.

"Yunho, the navigator." The blue-haired boy says, beaming at us. I smile back at him. He is sitting next to Seonghwa but the contrast between them is so obvious. Yunho is like a picture full of colors while Seonghwa is in B&W.

"And it seems like you met our surgeon, Yeosang." Hongjoong says. I turn my head back and look at Yeosang. He nods at me and I return a smile at him.

"I'm Mingi, the best master gunner of the seven seas." I crane my next to my right side to see Mingi proudly speaks, "If I say myself as a second place, no one dare claim themselves as the first." and he finished boldly.

As expected from Mingi.
King of hyping himself.

"Truly impressive." I mutter while nodding my head.

Mingi heard me say and he let out a wide grin,"I like this girl already."

I bite my lips from turning into a smile.
Aww I like you too Mingi.

Sitting next to Mingi and nearest to me is Jongho.

"Jongho, boatswain." He shortly says, cold demeanor. His short brown hair bobbing slightly when he turns his head looking at 'Y/N' and me less than a second.

"And last but not least, San, our combatant." Hongjoong introduces the man who sits quietly on a window sill. The light from outside illuminates half of his pale face but the fringe covers his eyes creating a shadow. Nonetheless, I could see his dark eyes sweeping over us. His black and red streaks of hair sway a little when he tilts his head to the side. He has indifferent expression but then the corners of his mouth slowly spread into a small evil smirk.

I quickly break eye contact and shiver in my seat.

Why is Sannie so scary in this version?
I gotta say he looks the scariest among the members.

After the members done introducing themselves, I can draw a conclusion that pirate Ateez are fictional characters, they have nothing to do with the real one. I need to make myself clear.

These guys are ruthless. Even though some of the members appear nice, it doesn't mean I could mess with them and the others clearly don't trust me.

Ahhh My dear life is still at risk.

---

Hongjoong, who notices frightened expressions on the girls' faces, chuckles inwardly.

It's a miracle that the 2 ladies are still alive and able to properly sit straight. In normal circumstances, their captives would already break down in fear to their knees.

"Ladies, how could we address you?" Hongjoong call out to get the girls' attention.

The rose gold hair girl startles in her seat and looks down to her lap.

Hmm...that's a usual reaction that he always see.

But the long black-haired girl reaction is quite different.

Her aquamarine eyes go wide as if she's surprised by him asking her name. Then her arch brows knit together while mumbling something. And those captivating eyes staring to the ceiling.

Hongjoong raise his brow at her weird reaction and follow her gaze to see the ceiling after the girl staring intensely at it.

His wooden ceiling or the chandelier is that eye-catching?

Mingi who's sitting on his left also lifts his eyes to look at the ceiling while mumbling, "What's on there?"

One by one, the members start looking curiously at the ceiling.

"Is she receiving a prophecy?" One member voices out his opinion.

Seonghwa, the strict quartermaster who can't tolerate the ridiculous scene in front of him anymore, says, "Miss, what's so hard to tell us your name?"

The seer startles and tear her gaze away from the ceiling.

"Um...my name is..."