Chapter 65 - Capture

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

That night I tossed and turned around in my small bed. My complicated love life occupied my thoughts and kept me awake almost the whole night. Same old stories replayed in my head. Hongjoong’s assertion, San’s iron-willed and Yeosang’s kindness and my soft hearted. There could be only one outcome to solve the love triangle. Someone gotta get hurt. But my situation is different. No matter who I choose, the ending will only be filled with tears of departure.

 

Finally I got tired of overthinking and fell asleep.

 

Afterward, when the sound of the port quiet down and the town's sleeping, a cool touch on my cheek brought me back from the dreamless land. I ignore the sensation and continue sleeping but when I feel a puff of warm air blowing into my face, a wave of panic crashes onto me.

As soon as I open my eyes, I see a pair of fierce eyes staring right at me.

My heart drops to the ground, I let out a scream of terror but a hand clamps over my mouth.

Then my sight adjusts to the dim room that is lit up by a candle lamp on my nightstand, I can make out who the intruder is.

I yank his hand away and sit up, heart still hammering in my chest. “What the heck are you doing here!?”

The trespasser, who disregards my question on purpose, grabs my feet and begins wearing boots for me.

“What are you doing?” I try to retrieve my legs back but his rough hands don’t let go. He stays quiet and focuses on tying my shoelaces.

“San.” I call his name, hint of anger in my tone. Although I don’t intend to be angry at my life savior, his stubbornness gets on my nerves. He invaded my space the whole afternoon. I was more than 100% sure that he faked sleeping because after sleeping for a while his arms somehow sneakily circle around my waist and I ended up becoming his body pillow. No matter how hard I poked his cheeks or tickled him or shouted into his ears, he only hugged me tighter. And when he finally woke up, instead of letting me go, he silently stared at me with the infamous smirk. It took a lot of willpower for me to shoo him away from my room.

And now, he dared interrupt my sleepless night.

The culprit raises his head after he finishes tying my boots, face blank as usual but his eyes gleaming brightly. “Let’s go.”

“Go where?” I ask doubtedly. In the middle of the night, where could he possibly take me to?

“To see Aurora.”

Without waiting for my response, San grabs my hand and leads me into the eerily sight of the ship at night. I blindly trail closely behind him as I didn’t have a chance to bring the lamp. So I can only depend on the man in front of me. Hopefully, he doesn’t lie to me and bring me to somewhere else. It’s quite doubtful why he suddenly offered his help when he actually refused to carry Aurora to the ship where we found her at the beach. I had to beg and beg and beg until he agreed because I said I would carry her myself.

We descend the stairs to the lower part of the ship and head toward direction where I spent my first night in the brig. The air is humid and slightly cool, the smell of salty water and something rotten foul the area. San’s footsteps are light as a cat burglar while the floor creaks every step I take. I cringe every time I accidentally make loud noises.

Shortly after, San stops in front of a room. A single lamp installed at the passageway allows me to see a silver lock clasping on a doorknob. Even though I am relieved that Aurora didn’t get locked up in the brig, this room is literally beside it. I can’t help but curse at the pirates in my mind.

San retrieves a key from his pants pocket and unlock the door. He pushes the door open and steps aside for me to enter the room.

Warily, I glimpse at him before heading inside. The room is painfully small; it only takes two steps to reach a small bed that adjoins to the wall. A petite body of Aurora lies across on the bed. She stirs slightly as the light from outside pours into the room. San enters after me, carrying the lamp, and shut the door behind him.

“Star?” Aurora asks, slowly prop herself up. Her hair and clothes dishevel, her eyes swollen and her lips chapped.

A pang of pity and guilt pound on me, I drive to hold her hands and sit beside her. “Yes, it’s me.”

She’s quiet for a moment and cries. “Oh, Star. How did they allow you to see me? And why did you come with San?”

I peer at San who leans against the door, staring at us in an observant manner. “Err, let's just say San sneaked me to see you.”

Aurora, too, surprised by the fact. “Thank you.” She whispers toward San. And as expected, he doesn’t react to her gratitude.

“Aurora, how are you? Did Ateez hurt you? Did they even feed you? Are you sick? Do you need to see the surgeon?” I shoot her a series of questions.

“They didn’t hurt me, just...” She paused, “asked me some questions.”

“Oh.” Although I couldn’t see her face clearly, I detected uneasiness and sorrow in her voice. There’s no Q&A session for the pirates. They rather force everything out of in a crude manner.

Aurora withdraws her hands from my grasp to hug herself. “I’m not angry at them. I know how they are when they are betrayed. But I'm angry at myself for hurting them.” Her voice starts to crack. I pat her back gently to calm her down while glaring at the one and only pirate representative inside the room.

“Star, thank you for being with them when I couldn’t.” Aurora brushes her tears that slipped from her red eyes. “At Wonderland, when Joong was shot, when he closed his eyes and never opened them again, my heart broke into million pieces. I regret not admitting my love for him. I held onto past grudges and denied my feelings. So I wished I could return the time so I could correct my mistakes. At the same time I wished it was someone else who would love him like I could never do. And I realized that person is you, Star.”

“What...” Somewhere in my muddy brain storage, I vaguely remember her wish in the last chapter. Then the person who brought me to this world is Aurora. Wonderland or Seakeeper grant her wish and take me into this realm.

Did she regret making that wish?

“I’m sorry.” Words slip out of my mouth. Heavy rocks weigh down on my chest, I unconsciously dig my nails into my palm. I don’t know how to comfort her because I’m the one who steals her lover.

“No, don’t be. He loves you and you love him. Seeing him happy, I’m also happy.” She speaks without meeting my eyes and she hugs herself tighter.

I spot no trace of happiness from her. Her expressions paints by grief. No one would be happy seeing their lover love someone else. Look at Yeosang’s sister for example.

“There may be a way for them to remember you.” Guilt cause me to blurt out.

Spark of hope flies across her honey brown orbs but they instantly turn grim. “It’s no use. They already distrusted me.”

“But they liked you so much in the past. I think they will forgive you.”

“Thanks Star, you are always nice to me.” She gives me a small smile that doesn’t reach her eyes. “However, letting them oblivion by the past is better. I assume that the sea woman sent me here to create ruckus. She thought maybe I’d fight with you to get Joong back.”

“Aurora...I...” My mouth becomes dry. Suddenly Wooyoung’s warning came haunting me.

“It’s true that I want him back but the current Joong and the past Joong are different people.” She smiles bitterly. “Everyone changes. But the only person that doesn't change is Jack. He went to visit me outside the room.”

I snort and giggle with her. That lad worships her more than anything.

After our giggles die down, her expression resumes to its gloominess. “The sea woman may plan something against Ateez. I’m too powerless to help. But I think you can.”

I frown. Does she still think that I’m the real seeress?

Aurora mistakes my reaction as something else so she begins to panic. Her brows squeeze together and she shakes her head fervently. “I swear I didn't know her plan. She only used me as a tool to get to Ateez and Wonderland map. She ordered me to hurt you because she figured out that you were sent by her enemy. And she captured my parents and threatened me to do something I didn’t want. I was completely helpless and scared.”

I pull her into a hug to calm her. After her breath returns to a normal rhythm I pull away. “We’ll find a way to rescue your parents.” I reassure her, patting her back. Then I see a shadow loom over me. San grabs my wrist and pulls me up.

“We have to go now?” I ask him.

He silently nods.

I sigh and turn to Aurora. “Please hang in there. I’ll talk to the guys to get you out of here and we’ll go hunt that sea woman.”

Solemnly, she nods her head.

San opens the door, but he doesn’t exit the room. Instead he stares ahead of him.

“Why aren’t you walking?” Seeing his strange behavior, I peek my head to see what is blocking him. Just a quick glimpse, I quickly hide behind San’s back and wish that I’m still in my cabin. Because over there, standing two of the scariest people on the Revenge; the pirate king and the heartless quartermaster.

“Seonghwa, lock the door.” I hear Hongjoong orders Seonghwa. “You two, follow me.”

Right after he speaks to us, he turns on his heel, the heavy boots clicking on the floor matching with my thundering heartbeats.

San gently pulls me outside the room, coming face to face with Seonghwa, he snickers, mainly at me.

San ushers me toward the stairs leading to the upper deck. I grab his shirt to stop him.

“Should we run away?” I whisper to San and he responses with a hum in his throat. We both look behind to see Seonghwa finish locking the door and trailing after us. He gives us a sinister smirk that I can guess what is awaiting for us.

 

Once we reach the quarter room, Hongjoong’s already waiting for us with a signature sly grin on a red velvet couch. And you know whenever he grins, nothing good happens.

“Let go of her.” Hongjoong calmly states and peers at where San’s hand is holding my wrist. However, the younger guy pays no heed of his command.

Hongjoong’s nonchalant glares start to heat up so I retrieve my hand back to my side. Hongjoong grins wider and beckon me to sit beside him. However, I stand root to my ground because I don’t trust Hongjoong in furious captain mode.

Seonghwa closes the door and walks up to Hongjoong. He glances among three of us and snorts. Then he begins to speak but I cut him off.

“Hold on! I can explain. I was the one that begged San to bring me to Aurora. If you want to punish him, please don’t. And if you want to punish me, then don’t either. I’m just a weak and fragile girl.” I shamelessly blurt out. I don’t have good memories with punishment. Yesterday night, this sly pirate king demonstrated a whole new level of punishment and my poor heart can’t accept it any longer.

The scary duo immediately snickers, including the man beside me. Confusedly, I observe them and then the light bulb in my head turns on.

“Oh my god! don’t tell me you guys plan all of this! That’s why I thought it weird that San suddenly brought me to Aurora. Damn you cunning men!” Hot red rage consumes my entire body. I want to file a complaint to Seakeeper-nim.

“I’m delighted to know that my little treasure is so kind as to lie to save my crew from trouble.” Hongjoong stands up and saunter closer to me.

If it was in the past, I’d recoil back in fear but I’m the new me so I point at his face and shout. “You!” Hongjoong startle slightly but regain his composure quickly. He tries to grab my hand but I withdraw my hand before he could grab it. “You promised me to listen to my opinion. And this is what I got!? I thought we were cleared on that matter!”

Hongjoong’s grin falters and he clears his throat. “That was Seonghwa’s idea. I wouldn’t want another man by your side when he was spending the whole day with you in your cabin.” He glares at San beside me.

Shoot! He knew!

It’s my turn to falter.

“But I understand. It’s in the pirate's nature. We love to steal and we’re so competitive to get what we want. Most importantly, we hate to share our treasure with others.” Hongjoong and San start their glaring competition. I stare at both men, not sure whether to be angry or guilty by Hongjoong’s remark.

“For ’s sake, can’t you two stop fighting for this nuisance woman for a second!?” Seonghwa shouts exasperatedly. Then he turns to me. “Yes, the plan was my idea and it worked. Aurora told you exactly what she told us. She could be lying but that’s not important anymore because we’ll send her to Royal Navy.”

“What!? No!” I protest. “She escaped from her home because of her evil aunt and she doesn't want to marry Chris!”

“She only has two choices; to return home with Royal navy or die here. Many crew members resent her for causing death to our brothers. They want revenge. It’s better for her to leave.” Seonghwa crosses his arms. “And she won’t be marrying that arrogant commander because we’ll get rid of him soon.”

“Can’t we ask for her opinion? You guys already heard our conversation, we have to rescue her parents from the sea woman.”

Upon hearing my comment, Seonghwa shoots dagger at me. “We are pirates, not a charity.”

I pout. He’s so heartless. I wish he’d remember how he fell in love with Aurora. When he realizes he makes a mistake by hurting the girl he loves, I’ll have the last laugh.

“We’ll help Aurora’s parents, if we have a chance.” Hongjoong interferes. I beam at him and then I remember I need to stay angry. Hence I whip my head the other way.

“And you’ll be staying with Yeojin tomorrow. Be prepared.” Seonghwa delivers bad news and KO me.

“So soon!” I grasp.

“Yes and if you wanna spend a few hours with your lovers then do now before we’re going to war tomorrow’s night.” Seonghwa smirks suggestively I almost mistake him as Wooyoung. He doesn’t wait for my protest and exits the room.

The room becomes awkward once left with three of us. I feel their hot gaze fixate on me. Before my body become full of holes, I decide to break the tension.

“Well, I’m supposed to be angry but it somehow dissipated so don’t use me again alright?” I glance at them from the corner of my eyes.

“I’m sorry. I thought you wouldn't agree with the plan.” Hongjoong says with a fallen expression.

My heart deflates without my permission. “If it helps you and Aurora, then I’m willing to help.”

Hongjoong sighs. “Star, you don’t owe that woman anything. You didn’t steal me or the others from her. She became like that because it was her own choice. ”

“Um.” I answer in a small voice. Even though he’s right, I still feel guilty toward Aurora.

“And if you want to spend the night with me in my room, I’m more than welcome.” He changes the topic abruptly. His eyes glisten by the light from the chandelier.

Nope, this ain’t cool. I gotta stay strong although my cheek begins to warm up. However when my gaze spots the quiet man beside me, I sober up.

San’s expression getting darker when he sees Hongjoong flirts with me. His fists clench tightly as he stares furiously at the floor.

The sight of him squeezes my heart. “San.” For some reason, I call his name without knowing.

After the combatant's name left my lips, Hongjoong's smile faded. While San lifts up his head, dark eyes glowing subtly.

I glance between them and sigh. I guess this is the time I should put an end to this messy situation.

“Guys, I need to clarify something.” I hold both of their gaze that start to blur because water begins to well up in my eyes. “I think we should stop.”

Silent envelopes the room after I speak.

“What do you mean?” Hongjoong narrows his eyes at me. “We were fine last night. Did someone make you change your mind?”

“No one did. I just...” I hesitate to speak the next line. “I hate to see you guys fight because of me. I feel bad for breaking your bond. So it’s better for all of us to remain as friends.”

“No!” They shouts in unison.

“I didn’t ask for your opinion. I already made up my mind. I’m sorry but it’s the right thing to do.” I whirl around and leave the room, too scared to witness their expression.

 

 

---

 

The next day, I woke up late with a throbbing headache in my skull. Something felt missing in my chest, my body felt heavy as if it turned into rock. So instead of strolling outside, I lay motionlessly on my bed, staring at the ceiling until Jim broke inside my room with the surgeon.

Yeosang checked my condition with a concerned look. But he found nothing wrong with me so he prescribed me the green terror.

All the guys broke into my room to visit me, except the demon line. Wooyoung jokingly teased me that I fake my sickness to not leave the ship. That was a good idea so I let out a fit of coughing. They immediately caught my terrible acting. Sulking, I gave up and directly begged them. Yunho and Mingi were on my side, however, when Jongho started preaching them about my safety they instantly bailed on me just like that. To my dismay, they didn’t stay long as they were busily preparing for the war tonight.

The rest of the day, I continued resting and waiting for Yeojin to pick me up. My mind wandered to the event last night. I wonder how Hongjoong and San are doing. Did I make a mistake?

The more I think about it, the throbbing pain intensifies.

 

Time passed in a blink of an eye, the light in my room gradually turned dimmer. Then someone knocked on my door.

“Miss Star, miss Yeojin is here.” Jim politely calls me from the outside.

My already spoiled mood plunges down further after hearing that Miss Annoying seaweed has arrived.

“Okay, I’m coming.” I reply and get off the bed like a zombie. I pick up a bag containing my few clothes and exit the room.

During the way to disembark the ship, the crew along the passageway bid me goodbye and I wish them luck in return. Their smiling faces make me tear up. I recalled the very first day boarding the ship, I was scared less by their presence, now they warm up to me. It saddens me that some lives were lost during the journey and some may not be able to return from the upcoming War.

The sun has already disappeared from the horizon, orange wisp paint across the sky. I scan the ship for one last time. The void in my chest growing to think that I have to be separated from Ateez.

Jim tugs my shirt as I space out for too long. “Miss Star, why do you look so sad. Did you foresee something terrible?”

I chuckle and pat his head. “See you soon Jim.” Then I head toward the gangway, leaving Jim blinking confusedly behind.

While I descend down the stairs, I spot a horse cart. Yeojin, as beautiful as I remember, converses with Yeosang, and Jongho stands beside him.

I drag my heavy legs toward their little group.

“Here comes the princess.” Yeojin is the first one who notices me. She gives me a mocking smile and crosses her arms.

I grimace and I don’t even fake a smile to greet her.

“Yeojin, manner.” My angel scolds her, causing her to roll her eyes disdainfully. Yeosang shakes his head and turns to me, smiling warmly.

“My sister was occupied with the patients so she came late. I already told her that you aren’t feeling well. So she’ll take good care of you during your stay.”

As Yeosang speaks, his devil sister’s mouth tugs downward and she twirls around and gets on the cart. “Let’s go, it’s getting dark. We don’t wanna run into thugs, do we?”

Yeosang glares at his sister while I give him a tight smile.

“Yeosang, Jongho, please take care and come back safely. And please tell the others too.”

They hum, nodding their heads.

“Too bad, they aren’t present at the ship, only Yeosang and me here.” Jongho says.

I nod, understanding though I want to see all the members before leaving.

“Don’t look so sad. We’ll come back before you know it.” Yeosang pats my head. His warmth bring my mood up a little.

“Don’t make me wait for so long.” I pout, tears threatening to run down my cheeks.

“Don't worry. I told Seakeeper to look out for us. She didn’t reply but I sense that she acknowledged my prayer.” Jongho says in a serious tone. Then he and I giggle together, leaving Yeosang confused by our strange interaction.

I hug Yeosang and Jongho before getting on the cart, and sit next to Yeojin. She boringly glances at me and then yells toward her brother.

“Bye, brother, get back in one piece!”

“Take care of Star or I’ll disown you.” Yeosang shouts back.

Yeojin playfully sticks her tongue at him and he shakes his head in return. Whilst I wave at them, disheartened.

“Let’s go Woo!” Yeojin shouts, jerking the rein. Then the brown horse named Woo starts moving.

Did she name her horse after Wooyoung?

Noticing my stare, she snickers. “Yea, I name him after Wooyoung, but Woo is better than that purple head because he never made me cry.”

Savage. Her heart changed so fast.

After that sentence, we stay silent the whole ride. The cart propels toward the lively town. Yet, the atmosphere between us is intensely awkward. When we pass a group of men on the street, they whistle at us. She shut them up by throwing several daggers toward their group. I watch with terror and make a mental note not to mess with her.

Soon, the liveliness of the town transforms into the wilderness. The dark blue sky reveals twinkling stars and an illuminating crescent moon. Cool breeze blows against my body and I shudder slightly. The cart bumps on a rocky road, my head starts to pound again.

“Who are you to that purple head?” The blonde haired girl breaks the tension.

“I’m his friend.” I don’t hesitate to answer her. If I responded to something else, she could dump me in the middle of nowhere and once the guys came to know the truth, my body might already decay into fertilizer.

“Wooyoung never had a female friend!” She suddenly raises her voice, making me whimper and scooting away from her.

She coughs when she realizes her rudeness. “Erm, sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. Don’t tell Yeosang that I shout at you. But seriously, who are you? My brother refused to tell me. And the crew are so protective over you even Wooyoung.”

“I’m their friend.” My voice came out meekly to my dismay.

“Those pirates aren’t capable of making friends, especially a woman! They get together for immoral business and that’s it!” She shouts, voice echo through the forest.

I can detect her distasteful toward pirates. Then I recalled Wooyoung’s story. “So this is why she refused to work on the Revenge.” I mutter to myself. However, she heard me as she literally growls. “What the hell! That purple head told you!?”

Too scared to speak, I remain quiet and scan around the area. I think I’ll have to jump down the moving cart and run back to the ship.

“How much did he tell you anyway? He probably twisted the words to make it look like I’m the bad guy.” She scoffs. “Just so you know, I didn’t work on the Revenge because I hate pirates. I even told him and Yeosang to refuse the offer but they didn’t listen to me.”

“Then why did you work on another pirate ship?” My curiosity gets the better of me as my mouth slips.

“He told you that too!!” Fuming, her chest rises up and down, cursing Wooyoung under her breath. “Then pray tell him that those people rescued me when I was in trouble at Tortuga. So I agreed to work for them in return.”

I scratch my head. Their love story is such a mess. “You sounds so angry with him, yet you wanted him back the other day. Do you still love him?” Since she’s willingly talk to me so I pry for information to satisfy my curiosity.

“I am. And I believe he still loves me. I know him more than anyone.”

I scrunch my face at her overly confident. I can see why Wooyoung and this girl could be together.

As if she read my thoughts, she began to explain, “Wooyoung and I have known each other since young. My parents opened an infirmary, they were both surgeons. Wooyoung was a slave that my parents bought him from a slave trader because they pity him. They raised him like one of their kids. He helped around the house and sometimes worked at taverns to earn his own money. Yeosang seemed to dislike him at first but Wooyoung was an outgoing person, they finally became best mate. Unknowingly, I had a crush on him as we grew older. Turned out, he also liked me back. We became a couple in secret. One day Yeosang caught us kissing in a storage room, so he chased him out of the house.”

Indulging in her background story, I shift closer to her. “And then what?”

She chuckles and continues. “So I ran away with him. Parents scolded him for being dictator in our relationship hence he unwillingly accepted it. Our house was full of happiness until one of my dad’s pirate friends asked him to work on the ship and my dad agreed.”

Her smile falters and forms into scowl. “The ship was caught by Royal Navy. And you can probably guess what happened next. Then mom got sick after father’s death and passed away one year later.”

“I’m sorry.” I mumble to her and she shakes her head.

“Everything changed when a rattail man appeared in our infirmary. At that time Hongjoong was a slave on a notorious pirate ship. Yeosang and Wooyoung befriended him and helped him mutiny the abusive captain. After succeed Hongjoong offered them spots on his ship. They agreed even when I opposed. They should know better that pirates will end up either at the bottom of the sea or the noose.”

Although I listen to Mingi’s tale about their history for many times, hearing it from the outsider feel different.

“That was when our relationship went down. Wooyoung became more brutal, he got angry easily, even the slightest mistake of others. He threatened people without fear. He lust after gold and fame. That was what the pirate world taught him. One day, he asked me to work on the Revenge. How could he said that? He wholeheartedly knew my dad was killed for being a pirate. Yeosang even agreed with him. So I was angry to the point I ran away.”

That was like a whole new story from what I heard from the first mate. If I met him again, I’ll slap him for you. I told her in my mind.

“All this time when I was alone, the sweet Wooyoung came into my mind. I want that person back. I don’t want Yeosang and him to be pirates anymore. I’m scared to lose both of my important people.” She lets out shaky breath and turns to me. “And you, don’t make the same mistake as me. Don’t run away and face your problem. Or else you’ll forever lose him.”

“It’s too late. I’m planning to leave.” I whisper, forget that she has good ears.

“You have a lover on that ship?” She squint her eyes. “I suspect that he’s not my brother, right? Because he’s the best man ever, so he’d take care of his woman like a real princess. While you look like today.”

“Well, thanks.” I sarcastically replied to her.

She chuckles lightly, “So who is it? Seonghwa?”

“Ohhh what!!” I yell and place my hand over my chest like it’s the taboo topic.

“He’s kinda, you know, looks like the whole world is his enemy. So he maybe the reason why you wanna leave.” She shrugs.

I laugh after her answer. Seem like I find a comrade to defeat Mr.Grumpy.

Suddenly, the horse cries and stops abruptly. We scream in sheer surprise.

“What’s wrong Woo?” Yeojin asks. Then we see movement at the dark road ahead of us, a group of men emerge from two sides of the forest, blocking our path.

“Yahh!! Get out of my way if y’all thugs don’t wanna die with holes in your heads!” Fearlessly, Yeojin picks up her pistol and points at them while the other hand guards in front of me.

An echo of the clicking guns answer her threat.

 

---

 

Throbbing pain in my head woke me up. Dizzily, I open my eyes and think I’m blind as my surroundings are almost pitch black. I feel myself sitting on a chair. I try to move my body but unable to do so. I look down and see rope tying around my body,

Wave of panic attacks me. The last thing I remember is a group of men ambush Yeojin and me. A man covered my nose with a smelly cloth and I lost consciousness.

The reality hit me like a thunderstruck. My fate as a trouble attractor doesn’t leave me alone as I am captured by local thugs. I bite my lip to not cry out loud. Looking around the area, I see that I’m in a small empty room. Beside me, Yeojin is also tied to a chair, unconscious.

Before I open my mouth to call her, the door abruptly opens, dim light travels inside the room. A gigantic man with pipe in his mouth strides inside.

“Apologies my lady. It was an unpleasant meeting.” The man smiles creepily, making small hair at the back of my neck rise. “I’m captain Arrow at your service.”

Terrified by the man, my body frozen like a statue.

“It’s an honor to meet you. Pirate king’s lover, commander Christopher’s sister and surprisingly, the seer who can foresee future.” He leans down to my eyes level, leering all over my face.

Like a bucket of cold water to me, I shiver uncontrollably. How did he obtain all the information?

“Oh don’t be scared my fair lady. You’re in the good hand.” The smell of tobacco reach my nose, making me gag. I turn my face the other way to escape from his ugly face. “I’ll return you to your beloved brother soon. So be a good lady, and stay here for a while until our plan finishes.”

Upon hearing about the plan, I frown. “What plan?” My voice came out hardened.

Captain Arrow throws his head backward, laughing. “Seeing you oblivion that means they fell into our trap.” He takes a pause to smoke and blows white smoke through his nostril. “We planned to sabotage Hongjoong as he thought we were going to war tonight. Instead, we’ll capture him and send him and you to the Royal Navy. Then we’ll get a ton of reward and pardon. Brilliant plan isn’t it?”

Anger washes over me, I tuck my face downward to prevent me from spitting at this evil pirate captain. At the same time I'm scared for Ateez. Will they notice that the plan was fraud?

Suddenly I recall that he was one of antagonists who after Wonderland map. Hongjoong defeated him by wit since he wasn’t the smartest character. So perhaps I can try to fool him.

“You won’t succeed.” I say through grit teeth.

“No, we're already succeed. Hongjoong was lured to the governor’s manor this evening. Then we’ll wait for the Royal Navy to board Nassau then the next day you can witness your lover's body sway above the gallows at public execution.”

My breath comes out shaky and shortens like I’ll pass out soon. But being panic will make my situation worse. I must get out of here and help Ateez. 

Thus I calm myself down by closing my eyes, and I continue with my lie, hoping that this man will fall through it. “I can see it clearly, captain Arrow. Your comrade will betray you.”

“Who could betray me?” He snorts though his voice lack assertion.

I open my eyes and answer. “The governor.” 

He laughs. “Don’t jest me. That old man can’t betray me.”

“The governor will turn you and other pirate captains to the officers and hang everyone tomorrow. Hongjoong can help you escape your death and I'm the only who can talk to him. So release me and my friend now.”

Fear flashes across Arrow’s face. "I don't believe you." After he spat at me, he turns on his heel, exiting the room. Then the door is closed, the room becomes dark once again.

“That er.”

The girl next to me curses, she shuffles in her seat and tries to stand up. However, her legs also tie to the chair.

“Ugh!” She groans, “They take all my weapons.”

“What do we do now?” I ask her.

“Pray that Ateez notice we are missing and come save us. But they are probably in trouble right now. So we can only hope your creepy power whatsoever prediction strikes fear in that guy's heart. And he’ll come back to release us.”

I sigh. This dark room is even lighter than my future.

My body is weak so as my courage. I can’t do anything to save myself and instead, become a burden for the guys. When I’m about to cry my heart out, Yeojin asks me a question that makes me angry and forget to cry.

“You being a commander's sister and  has a power are quite shocking. But seriously, you and Hongjoong. What did you see in him? A mullet?” 

 

 

ʕಠᴥಠʔ

 

No one shall belittle the mullet. — Star (didn't speak that sentence but I say it for her.)

 

Wooooo!!! Ateez was able to take home with their first win with I'm the one. While the boys are working hard, Atiny gotta work hard for them too. Hwaiting!!