Chapter 20 - Twin?!

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

 

Wooyoung leads us to the captain's quarter, the same room that I was abducted by San last night.

On the way, his usual self makes a comeback as he starts babbling non stop about Yeosang.

“They are so wrong thinking I’m a big flirt, I’m just being me.” He turns around and wink at us who are following after him. We both grimace but that doesn’t stop him from continuing. “The real flirt is Yeosang. His radiant smile and tenderness lure the girls into his trap and then they all got their heartbreak. Poor girls”

 Tsking in disapproval, Wooyoung suddenly stop and turn to face us. “I’m telling you this because I don’t wanna see pretty ladies get heartbroken. It pains me.”

Aurora sets her face straight and looks everywhere except Wooyoung. While I sigh out loud and mumble ‘seriously’ at him which he chuckles playfully.

Fortunately, we’ve the destination. Or else, my ears would bleed from his soliloquy.

A large wooden door with a skull carved in the middle present in front of us. I even feel intimidated by the door.

He gestures us to get inside while he holds on the door. “Welcome to captain’s quarter.”

The view inside greets me. My eyes quickly scan the interior. Because last night was a haze, I missed to notice how lavish the room is.

There are 2 people already inside the room; the navigator and the combatant.

 

Yunho, who’s sitting near the head of a long table, quickly comes to assist me to the seat.

“How’re you?” He asks with concern in his tone.

“I’m fine, thanks.” I answer and sit on a seat next to Yunho and Aurora on the other side.

 

Wooyoung closed the door and he made his way to sit on a window sill next to the combatant.

San shifts his gaze from the outside window to acknowledge his friend and then his gaze lands on me. His mouth tugs into a small smirk.

The room isn’t cold but why am I suddenly shivering?
I quickly tear my gaze away from him.

The atmosphere becomes awkward as no one speaks anything.

I want to start a conversation but I see Yunho is occupied with maps and some documents while Aurora nervously fidget her fingers on her lap.

So I let my eyes wander around the room.

 

This room is the upgrade version of the navigation room. It’s more spacious and luxurious.

Windows line up by two sides allowing natural sunlight to pour into the room.

Treasures, golds, and jewels are present in the glass cabinet at the side of the room. As if they are not afraid of someone stealing. 

And there’s a door at the back of the room that probably leads to the captain's bedroom.

The floor is covered with red burgundy carpet. Crystal chandelier is hung above a long table for 10 people. The chairs are also in dark red color.

I see Hongjoong is way too obsessed with red.

Unintentionally, my eyes meet with Wooyoung, whose stare also set on me. His expression is void of previous playfulness and replaced with something I can’t pinpoint.

His character might appear to be a flirt and easy going person but he does that to hide his real emotion. I am honestly confused at his actions.

San next to him still gives me a creepy smirk. If I say Wooyoung is confusing then San is a whole new level. Whatever he thinks, even Ateez have a hard time understanding.

Before I have a mental breakdown from the intense stare of the first mate and the combatant, the door opens and reveals Mingi and Jongho. The green and purple bruises on their faces are visible. I suddenly feel bad for their misfortune. And then I wonder if my face is also bruised like that.

“Hey” They greet people in the room and situate themselves on the seats opposite Aurora and me.

“How are you doing?” Jongho speaks directly to me.

“I’m fine. How about you guys?” I look between Minghi and Jongho.

“Fine. We’re used to having wounds.” Jongho answers.

Right they’re pirates. They get into fights all the time.

I notice Mingi being somewhat low spirit today which is strange.

The room again fall into uncomfortable silence. Then I notice the two’s unfriendly glare at Aurora.

I sigh inwardly. That was probably the incident yesterday. I have a feeling that Aurora’s action had lost the boys’ trust. And after I left the room last night, I’m afraid that they reported to Hongjoong. That would create more complications.

“Guys, don’t you think Miss star looks good in that dress?” Wooyoung says out of blue. I narrow my eyes at him as I feel a bad vibe coming from him.

All the eyes focus on me and the members nod their heads.

“Yeah, she looks pretty today. But isn’t she always pretty?” Mingi, who has been quiet, decides to open his mouth. Yunho and Jongho also nod in response.

I mumble thanks as I try to hide my face that starts to tint red.

No, don’t squeal!!

I suppress my fangirling side from acting up.

“Hmm her dress kinda reminds me of something...” Wooyoung voice trails off. I frown at his sly grin. What’s he getting at?

“Mingi’s hair?” Jongho says as he looks at the fiery red haired boy beside him.

“No no, something more familiar.” Wooyoung now grin wider like the Cheshire cat.

“Oh, the dress has the same color as Hongjoong’s favorite couch.” Mingi says leading our eyes turn to see a red velvet couch that stands further away. And then they refocus on my dress.

Nooo Mingi, you fell into his trap.

Mingi’s answer made Wooyoung let out high pitched laughter then followed by the others.

The corner of my eye even sees Aurora’s mouth tug into a small smile.

Arggg these kids, I swear I'm gonna have my revenge.

I pout grumpily in my seat.

 

The door at the back of the room suddenly opens as Hongjoong and Seonghwa emerge outside.

They’re perplexed by their crew's thunderous laughter.

“Captain, your couch has a twin.” Mingi shouts, still laughing and clapping. Then he winces in pain because the wound on the corner of his mouth.

Hongjoong knit his eyebrow at his crew’s joke. Sometimes he doesn't know what is in their mind. Sometimes they act like 5-year-old kids.

The stoic Soenghwa let out a smirk when his eyes met my dress.

“The couch looks way better.” He says while he walks to sit next to Mingi.

Why does he hate me so much?

I feel like I became a shield for female lead because all the insults are directed at me.

Hongjoong sits down at the head of the table and diverts his gaze at my new dress. A sly grin appears on his face but he covers it with a long sigh, “Did I raise you guys to treat a lady like this?”

Their laughter dies down immediately.

“Miss Star, you look nice in that dress.” His eyes shine making me blush madly. I know I can still trust Hongjoong. I almost say thank you but shut up immediately when he adds the next sentence, “But I have to agree my couch looks better.”

Then the whole room erupts in laughter.

Hongjoong chuckles evilly after his grand remark. While the evil twin (San and Seonghwa) snickers out loud. Mingi and Jongho laugh hysterically until tears come out. Wooyoung dolphin laughs probably can be heard by the whole ship. Even the kind-hearted Yunho also laughs like there’s no tomorrow. And to my surprise, Aurora put her hand to stifle her giggle.

“A bunch of bullies.” I mutter. Where’s Yeosang when I need him to protect me?

“You guys know that your fate is in my hands, right?” I say through grit teeth.

Their laughter gradually falter. The atmosphere turns grim.

Oh, I don’t know I have this kind of impact.

 

“Sorry Miss Star, sometimes we go overboard.” Yunho says, his hand wiping tears from his eyes, “It’s been a long time that we've laughed.”

“I’m glad I made you all happy.” I say sarcastically. Some of them look at me apologetically.

But I felt a pang in my heart when he said that. Since they are in serious trouble, they don’t have the mood to joke around.

 

Hongjoong clears his throat, “Let’s stop joking. Miss Star, how are you?”

“I’m fine until someone decides I have a couch as my twin.”

‘Pff’ Mingi stifled laughter.

Hongjoong snickers at my retort, “ I hope you’ll recover soon. Don’t worry we have the best surgeon here.”

When he mentioned Yeosang, I recall the bitterness of his medicine and goosebumps rise on my back.

“Now let’s get into the topic.” His expression suddenly turns from playful to serious mode as he lay the Wonderland map on the table. His sharp gaze darting toward Aurora.

Here we go.

 

// This is a crack chapter. I hope it makes you smile. Idk if it funny or not but I was laughing while writing this.

BTW thank you for 130 views and subscribing this story (≧◡≦) ♡