Chapter 51 - Caught

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

Long chapter ahead (¯▿¯)


 

The kitchen of the Revenge has become unusually quiet this morning. Only one table is occupied by a group of high rank crews who normally thrash the place with their loud noise.

The master gunner yawns while rubbing his tired eyes. Next to him, the boatswain nods off with a piece of hardtack hanging from his mouth. Beside him, the navigator rests his chin on his hand, eyes half close. On the opposite side, the surgeon has been cutting the same piece of meat for over a minute now. The first mate sitting beside him sneakily steals the meat without him awaring.

Wooyoung scans the table and chuckles, seeing his crewmates’ poor condition. After the battle with the Royal Navy, the ship needed to be repaired. They worked a whole night as Hongjoong ordered them to sail to Wonderland. Fortunately, their ship isn't heavily damaged so they don’t have to spend a row of sleepless nights fixing her.

Wooyoung cranes his neck to see his best mate. San quietly eats his breakfast, back straight like a statue. His black and red streak fringe covers his eyes but they’re oddly glowing, not a trace of exhaustion shows on his face. Technically speaking, Wooyoung rarely witnesses human expressions from this guy. Sometimes he wonders if San really is the devil disguised in human flesh.

The first mate boringly plays with his food, then a mischievous grin plays on his lips. He lifts his hand and hits the table. “All hands on deck!”

The sound jolt the others awake. Hardtack falls from Jongho’s mouth meanwhile Yunho’s head drops down from his hand, his nose barely misses the soup bowl, luckily Yeosang catches his head in time. Mingi grasps on the table to balance himself as he almost falls off the chair.

They prepare to head outside the kitchen but they notice a smug grin on Wooyoung’s face so they know they were tricked.

“Yahh! What the hell!?” Mingi roars angrily, sitting back down on the seat.

“You lot looks terrible.” Wooyoung coolly states after scaring the daylight out of his crewmates.

“You’re the terrible one. Last night, you slacked off. Just you wait, I’ma report to the captain and your first mate title will be gone.” Mingi scowls, pointing fork at Wooyoung.

“Tsk. Unlike you guys, I worked in a smart way.” Wooyoung retorts. His answer earns dead glare from the whole table.

“You wanna fight!” Mingi raises his voice.

“No fighting here.” Yeosang intervenes before the two men escalate into a ridiculous fight.

Sensing dark energy from the surgeon, they stop bickering and digging into their food. The table turns peaceful once again.

Nevertheless, peace isn’t in their dictionary.

“How’s the ladies doing?” Yunho breaks the silence once he finishes his soup. His question is directed at Yeosang.

Upon mentioning the girls, the pirates react in different ways.

However, Yeosang calmly answers Yunho. “Aurora gained consciousness yesterday but she’s still fatigued. She appears rather anxious because a certain someone scared her.” Yeosang side glance Wooyoung while the latter guy shamelessly steals meat in his plate.

“And Star, she was fine but she seemed out of it.” Yeosang furrows his brows, recalling when he revisited them in the evening, Star acted strangely around him.

Yunho nods, his expression turns solemn. “They must be so shocked to find out that their important person is our enemy.”

“Does that mean we are their enemy?” Mingi asks the question that no one can answer.

The guys turn rigid in their seats.

“Let’s not conclude like that. Our aversion has nothing to do with them. And Star said she’s on our side.” Yeosang utters calmly although creases appear on his forehead.

“Oh, she said that?” Yunho's mouth curves upward. Yeosang nods as a response.

“You seem to believe everything she said.” Wooyoung interrupts.

Yeosang narrows his eyes, “And why do you not believe everything she did for us?”

Wooyoung clicks his tongue then shakes his head. “Do you really believe in the end she’ll stand on our side? Do you forget that we’re the damn pirates?”

The air becomes tense with an invisible force as the first mate and the surgeon start their argument.

Jongho, who is now fully awake, clears his throat. “Mates, we can’t expect Star to be on our side. A girl like her doesn’t belong here. We shouldn't drag her into our fight. When her duty as a seer is accomplished, she may leave. Well, she should. What future does she have here on a thief ship.”

The others listen to Jongho and fall silent.

“Why are you calling her Star? Her name is Alice. But I kinda prefer Star though cause I can call her shooting Star, shooting Alice is kinda weird.” Mingi’s nonsense ramble earns a series of snickers around the table. The atmosphere suddenly lightens up.

“She told me to call her Star.” Yeosang sighs, pondering what is going on inside the master gunner’s head.

“Hm, but why did she change her name? Alice sounds impressive too.” Mingi doesn’t stop ranting.

“I heard that she lost memory.”Yunho says, sympathy written across his face. He asks Seonghwa about Star yesterday but the grumpy quartermaster snapped at him saying she lost memory.

“She lied.” Wooyoung speaks up. The guys look at him questioningly. Feeling intense stares from his crewmates, Wooyoung yells. “Hey! I can read people too!”

“Explain.” Yeosang folds his arms.

“You guys weren’t in the room when Seonghwa interrogated her. She was terrible at lying. If she really lost memory she wouldn't come to accept that stuck-up commander as her brother so fast. She also mentioned how she hated him.”

The members give Wooyoung weird glances.

Mingi lost in his thoughts in a moment and suddenly bangs his fist against the table. “She ran away from home like Jongho!”

There’s a pause after that and then another series of snickers throw at Mingi once more. Mingi pouts and slouches in his seat.

“Mingi may be right.” Jongho, aka the brainer, says. Mingi puffs out his chest with a proud expression as his opinion is approved by the boatswain.

“She changed her name from Alice to Star. She might lie that she lost her memory because she didn’t want to be associated with her brother. She once told me she lived alone. When I mentioned her family, she looked somewhat sad.” He thinks of the day he has a small talk with Star.

“But she said she’ll go home after Wonderland.” Yunho chimes in.

“Hm, she once said we can’t send her home because it’s far away.” Jongho grabs his chin, his brain working hard.

“How did you guys know so much about her and I don’t!” Mingi scrunches his face in displeasure.

“Cause you didn’t ask, dummy.” Wooyoung scoffs.

Mingi glares at Wooyoung and abruptly stands up.

“Fine, I’ll go ask her.” After the sentence, Mingi dash out of the room. The others watch him act impulsively, flabbergasted.

“Come back! Don’t be rude to the ladies!” Yunho immediately follows Mingi.

“That guy.” Yeosang grumbles exasperatedly. He walks after both of them, oozing dark aura.

“They're gonna create ruckus and get in trouble.” Jongho sighs like an old man, and also follows them outside the kitchen.

Wooyoung chuckles at the scene. In the past these rowdy men wouldn’t be so work up for any women, it’s entertaining how they act after the girls join their ship.

Wooyoung gets up and glances at the man who still sits like a statue. “You coming?”

San peers at him, a tiny smirk forms on his lips. “No.”

This mate of his also acts the strangest after meeting Star, especially after yesterday. Before leaving Star into his devil friend’s hands, he told San to scare her a bit. However, the rumor spread how he Star’s soul and turned her into his puppet.

Who was so creative to think of that. Ugh, the ship is full of the weirdest kind of people.

Wooyoung tried to press for an answer but this guy only smirked at him. The air around him feels different. Perhaps, it was Star that San’s soul and turned him into her puppet.

As he doesn't want to receive another purple bruise on his eye, Wooyoung shrugs and leaves the kitchen.

 

---

 

Aurora and I finished breakfast and chill in our cabin. I went back to sleep because I lay awake the whole night due to the kisses from three members that kept haunting me.

Hongjoong’s hot and cold attitude sent my head into a mess. However, I can’t fully blame his character though cause I should know better how the story goes when Hongjoong learns that Y/N is Chris’s fiancee. That’s a whole angst story. Plus, it’s my fault to let down my guard.

Even though his action upset me, I can never hate him. My Atiny blood runs deeply. Too deep.

And then there’s San. He caused my soul to travel from earth's surface. 
He- Argh! he confused me. I think, meditate, and muse on it, but can’t come up with a reason why he kissed me. Everything doesn’t make sense at all.

And the last person, the angel Yeosang. I hope his gesture is just a way he expresses kindness. It'll be a mess if he has that type of feeling for me.

So here’s the rule, don’t get attached to any of them. I can do it! Don’t let those beautiful men barge inside your heart anymore.

But yeah, rules meant to be broken.

 

The door suddenly bursts open, I spring up into a sitting position. Aurora yelps and scoot further on her bed, clearly intimidated by the intruder.

“Hi ladies!” The fiery red haired man shouts with his low raspy voice, advancing toward my bed.

“Mingi?” I watch as he towers next to my bed.

“Be honest with me Star.” Mingi looks extremely serious.

I swallow and nod. Before he asks me a question, another figure bolts inside my room.

“You idiot! You can’t be impolite like that!” Yunho pants and locks Mingi's head in his arm. “Sorry ladies. He has sleep deprivation.”

Mingi throws Yunho’s arm away. “Sorry but I really need the answer right now.”

“What’s wrong?” I look between Mingi and Yunho.

“He forgot to take medicine so he went berserk.” Another voice chimes in, Yeosang enters the room and flashes me an angel smile. He sits on the stool next to my bed.

My forehead warms up and I shyly smile back.

“Why did you lot follow me? I need to talk with my friend in private.” Mingi whines.

“You’re not only her friend.” Jongho walks in and stands next to Yeosang.

“Argh! You guys are so annoying!” Mingi exhales, his face begins to match his hair color.

“The party can’t start without me.” A grinning Wooyoung strides in and shuts the door. He leans against the door and wink at me.

The room shrinks when five grown men cramp inside. I peer at Aurora and feel sorry for her. She hugs her knees while staring at them warily.

“Why are you all here?” I look at the guys, confused.

“Star, ignore them and only focus on me.” Mingi sits on my bed, his hands grab on my shoulders. I nod and stare into his amber orbs.

“Did you run away from home? Did you really lose your memory? You were sad when Jongho mentioned your family. Did they hurt you? So that was why you lived alone? And why did you hate your brother? I mean he’s a piece of , we hate him too. And I don’t regret burying a bullet into your brother's hand. He deserved it. Actually I regret not burying it into his head.”

My mouth hangs open because of his long rant. At the corner of my eyes, I see the guys facepalm.

“Mingi, I...” I bite my lower lip as I don’t know how to answer any of his questions. I expect that the members may lose trust in me but I didn’t expect them to confront me in this way.

“I didn’t run away from home. I lost a part of my memory...” My eyes scan their expression. They listen to me attentively. “Yea, I hate Chris because he’s a horrible person.”

Mingi in deep breath. “Did he hurt you?”

“Nono, he didn’t.” But he hurt you guys.

“But you lost your memory, who knows what he has done to you.” A scowl appears on his face, “Hey, Miss Aurora, did you also run away because he harmed you too?”

Aurora furrows her brows when all eyes fall on her. “I...um, I ran away mainly because of him. He never hurt me but he’s being manipulative.”

“That’s it. I’ma destroy him.” Mingi abruptly gets up. “Tell captain, we’re waging war with them.”

“Hold on.” I stop him, tugging on his sleeve. “Not right now. Our priority is to go to Wonderland.”

“Tsk! After we lift the curse, that man is a dead meat.”Mingi says through grit teeth, and sits down.

“Why are you so dead set to go to Wonderland with us? Oh, and don’t answer how it is your fate to be here. We want a real answer.” Wooyoung asks, crossing his arms. No playful glint in his gaze that means he’s being serious.

My mouth becomes dry. I peer at Yeosang who is likely my life savior, instead he gives me a curious glance.

I guess I’m all alone here.

“I can only tell you guys that it’s the only way to go home. Please don’t ask further, it's complicated.”

They all furrow their eyebrows but none of them ask me more questions.

“Captain wouldn’t like that answer.” Wooyoung mutters for everyone to hear.

“Enough Wooyoung. Let’s not pressure her.” Yeosang scolds the first mate and turns to me with a soft expression. “You have your reason and we’ll respect that.”

“Thanks Yeosang.” I smile gratefully at him. Wooyoung suddenly coughs out loud. Yeosang averts his gaze to glare at him.

“But if you go home, you’ll have to continue living alone?” This time the quiet boatswain asks me. He seems to not get over my answer.

“Well, yes.” I answer him honestly, earning him a worried look.

“Then don’t leave. Stay with us, we can protect you.” Mingi says. His sincerity warms my heart.

“Are you stupid? She can’t live on a pirate ship.” Yunho argues, hitting Mingi at the back of his head.

Mingi let out an ‘Oh’ and quiet down.

“That’s for captain to judge. You two may never leave our ship.” After Wooyoung’s remark, the atmosphere turns awkward. But he’s right, Hongjoong won’t let us go because we’re his trump card.

“What’s going on between you and captain?” Mingi blatantly asks.

My face suddenly grows hot. My hunch tells me that everyone on the ship probably knows about our affair.

Yunho clasps Mingi’s mouth and shushes him, “Can’t you be any more rude? Of course, they’re a thing.”

I hear Yunho and grimace.

“We aren’t anything. He’s just obsessed with treasure stuff.” I swear I say that not because I’m angry at Hongjoong for turning me into a pawn in his revenge scheme. Not angry at all.

“Ohh...” Yunho awkwardly makes eye contact with me while I offer him a stiff smile.

“Well, I guess we should leave. We were so rude crashing into your room.” Yeosang gets up, breaking the awkwardness.

“Yeah, back to work mates.” Wooyoung adds, opening the door and stepping aside.

One by one, they bid us goodbye and pile out of the room but Wooyoung stays root in the spot.

“Ditching work again?” I ask him. He shrugs and heads toward Aurora. He sits on her bed to her dismay.

“Ahem,” He clears his throat, the playboy facade returns to the first mate. “Your new haircut looks nice.” He stares at Aurora’s short lock framing her face that he cut yesterday.

“It’s hideous.” She seethes.

Wooyoung laughs. “It looks good on you, milady. You can call for my service any moment.”

“In your dream.” Aurora retorts.

I watch their interaction and shake my head. A whole month passes and they are still bickering like 5 year old kids.

Wooyoung chuckles and turns to me.

“Little Star, what I told you yesterday, just forget it.”

“Huh?” I scrunch my face, trying to recall what he told me yesterday.

“Aye, just forget it.” Wooyoung tugs his hands in his pocket and coolly exits the room.

 

A sigh leaves Wooyoung’s nose as soon as he steps outside the room. A playful light disappear from his eyes.

His crewmates are so fast into accepting that Star is Chris’s sister but why the truth nag him so much. Yesterday, he told her to not get too comfortable with them, not because he doesn't trust her but he’s afraid to get attached to the person that is bound to leave.

The old Wooyoung wouldn't worry about any girls. He chuckles to himself, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

 

---

 

After the guys left, Aurora and I spent the rest of the day chatting in our boring cabin. The pirates didn’t confine us inside the room, but we aren’t comfortable to go outside yet.

When Aurora knows that I’m Chris's sister, she appears more open to me. She can’t stop babbling about our escape plan which I find her really cute. The guys are blind for not liking her.

“When they stop at a port, we can sneak out while they’re out drinking. Pirates always celebrate for any big or small achievements. So that’s when we have a chance.” Her honey brown eyes glow brightly.

“I don’t want to do this but we need money to hire a ship to get us out. So a couple of missing gold coins wouldn’t hurt them much.”

“Perfect.” I nod at her plan. It can work out if we work together but I won’t be there when she needs help. She beams happily at me. And that only makes me feel guiltier.

Staring at her shining aura, I hate to bring up the shadow and her chest pain to drag her mood down. Well, I’ll just ask her later.

 

At night time, I turn around on the bed as I can’t fall asleep. The guilt eats me up. I peer at Aurora’s silhouette in the dark. A sense of responsibility hits me, I must help her no matter what.

There’s one person who can’t wait to get rid of us. The man who is not afraid of Hongjoong's authority. He might be interested in my plan.

Not waiting until I chicken out, I sneak out of the room and advance toward his cabin. I walk past several night shift crews but they pay no attention to me so I arrive safely at my destination.

Checking left and right, when I see no one in the corridor, I gently knock on the door. A brief moment later, the door swing opens.

The person instantly wears a scowl upon seeing me. Messy bangs cover his right eyes, adding a y vibe to his feature.

Okay, not a time to praise him.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Irritation detects in his hoarse voice.

“Can we talk on an important matter?” I stare innocently at him.

He scoffs, “Talk.”

Before I explain my plan to him, my ears pick up footsteps coming our way. I impulsively push Seonghwa inside the room, I follow after him and shut the door behind.

“What the hell?” He growls. I shush him to quiet down.

“Do you want others to see us together?” I whisper shout at him.

Obviously, the answer is no. He exhales and walks further inside his room.

I walk after him. His room is smaller than Hongjoong’s, it’s not extravagant either. Instead, the interior is neat and has a classic style to it.

The room is dimly lit from the moonlight that pours through a giant window at the end of the room. A huge bed that can fit three people stands in front of the window. Another source of light coming from a lamp on a nightstand. A single book is placed on it. He probably was reading when I interrupted him.

“Speak.” Seonghwa breaks off my wandering eyes. He stands in the middle of the room to my relief as I’m a firm believer that walls and furniture are dangerous. I stop a few steps away from him for safety measures.

“I need your help.” His brow quirk up but he doesn't utter a single word so I continue, “I know that you don’t want Aurora and I on your ship, so after Wonderland, can you help us escape?”

“You must be so desperate to ask help from me.” He snorts, “You two are Chris’s weakness, why should I help an enemy from getting you back?”

“Err, actually not for me but Aurora. She’s running away from Chris. Please don’t drag her into your mess. She deserves a better life.”

Seonghwa narrows his eyes. “What about you? You’re planning to stay here?”

“No, I’ll be gone. No worries.”

He speaks nothing. His stares burn holes at me as if he ponders my motive. He’s so skeptical that’s why he’s grumpy all the time.

“So what’s your answer?” I ask him when he is silent for more than a minute.

“We’ll talk about it after Wonderland.” He grabs a hem of my shirt and advances toward the door.

That’s it? Do I succeed?

“By the way, please don’t tell Hongjoong.” I need to ensure that he won’t tell Hongjoong. Or else, Hongjoong will come after my and tie Aurora and me to the mast to prevent us from escaping.

“Get out of my room.” Seonghwa doesn’t respond to my request. I pout at how cranky he acts. It doesn’t suit his handsome face.

Before I turn the doorknob, someone bangs on his door.

“Seonghwa, you awake, come drink with me.” Although the voice is slur due to drunkenness, I can tell who it is.

It’s one and only Hongjoong!

I almost scream out of surprise. I turn to see Seonghwa whose expression turns scarily dark.

“Hide.” He calmly orders me. I scramble to find a place to hide. The closet seems to be a good place. However, I can’t force myself into a pile of his black clothes.

Seonghwa rolls his eyes and points below his bed. I quickly crawl under a small area.

Once Seonghwa sees me perfectly hidden under his bed, he blows the light off and walks toward the door.

Heavy boots click on the wooden floor as Hongjoong steps inside the room. The smell of faint alcohol reaches my nose.

“You already slept?” Hongjoong asks.

“Um. You should go to sleep too, you’re drunk.” Seonghwa answers.

Hongjoong chuckles.

Under the bed, I see him head toward the bed direction. I immediately hold my breath, afraid that he’ll hear me.

“The lamp is still warm.” Hongjoong says. My heart starts to pound violently in my chest.

“I was about to go to bed.” Seonghwa says deadpanned. I want to applaud his amazing acting skill.

Hongjoong hums and sits down on the bed. Wailing inwardly, I pray that he’ll leave soon before I have mental breakdown.

“Oh, so you planned to go to sleep with the seeress below your bed?”

As soon as I hear his question, my blood runs cold. My life is over. I lie frozen, too scared to crawl out of my hiding spot to confront Hongjoong.

Hongjoong let out a low chuckle. Meanwhile Seonghwa doesn’t speak anything.

It feels like time has stopped. I have no idea what happened next but I hear the door opens and shuts.

 

“Come out.” Seonghwa says, “He left.”

It takes a while for my stiff body to crawl out. I rise to my feet to face Seonghwa.

“How did he know?” I stare at Seonghwa helplessly.

He closes his eyes and pinches his nose bridge. “He’s Hongjoong.”

“He is greatly, tremendously, immensely misunderstood. Oh my god, we’re so dead.” I panic and walk in a circle.

“Go die alone.” Seonghwa mutters.

I stop in my tracks, snapping my head toward him. “You meanie. He also misunderstood you.”

“If he has a brain, he’d know nothing happened here. It’s your fault for invading my room. Anywhere you go, troubles follow you. Now get out of my room.” This time Seonghwa grabs my wrist and drags me to the door direction.

“But maybe he was too drunk to think straight.” Hongjoong’s chuckles sounded so bitter that my heart clenched painfully.

“Let him be.” He stops at the door and turns to me. “If you plan to leave then let him be misunderstood, so he can get over the delusion that you have feelings for him.”

“I...” Once again, I’m speechless because of Seonghwa.

“Stop messing with my captain’s head. Your seduction will get you nothing.” His tone drips with venom, every word jab to my heart.

I always know that Seonghwa despises me, but I can’t believe he thinks so lowly of me.

“I used the wrong word. You bewitch him.” He grabs on my chin, raising my head to meet his menacing glare.

I scoff and flick his hand away. The way he looks at me adds fuel to my anger.

“Listen here Mister, I’m tired of your bull.” Seonghwa opens his mouth but I point my finger at him to shut up. “First, I didn’t seduce or bewitch Hongjoong. He was the one that lured me into his trap. I realized my feelings yesterday and got myself a heartbreak on the same day because your captain was a once he knew that I’m his enemy sister. He even planned to revenge Chris by using me. So how could you blame everything on me? Second, I didn’t plot a scheme with Chris and Aurora. It was all coincident and sick fate that we met each other. Third, I’m going to Wonderland and going home. So you don’t have to be grumpy seeing me everyday.”

I pant heavily after spitting fire. Seonghwa stares at me with wide eyes. Corners of his mouth lift up, then he throws his head backward and hollers in laughter.

My cheek flares from embarrassment once I realize I turn into a clown again.

“Ugh, stop.” I rub my temples.

Seonghwa takes a while to stop laughing, but his mocking smirk remains on his lips.

“Get out of my room Miss nuisance.” He opens the door, pushing my back outside the room.

 

“What in the world?” A surprise voice enters my ears.

Wooyoung and San stand in front of the opposite room. They stare at Seonghwa and me.

Seonghwa snorts and shut the door behind my back, leaving me to face them alone.

“So you and Seonghwa, huh?” Wooyoung grins mischievously.

Out of all people, the people that have to witness me coming out of Seonghwa’s cabin have to be the gossiper, Wooyoung and the guy who blames me for his captain’s weakness, San.

Great, I’ve been caught by 3 people. Life couldn’t be better. I was too rash to come to Seonghwa in the middle of the night.

“No thoughts, head empty, you guys didn’t see me here. You guys see nothing at all. I-ugh-bye” I sprint away mid sentence.

I hear a loud snort behind my back. I run until reaching the stair leading to the lower deck. I sigh in frustration and step down.

However, a cold hand grab on my wrist, pulling me the other way. I swirl around and meet the muscular back belonging to the combatant.

“San, let go!” I try to wiggle away. To no avail, his grip only tightens.

He brings me toward the poop deck where no living thing is in sight.

“What do you want?” I stare at him cautiously.

His dark gaze scans all over my face and stops at my lips. I unconsciously press my lips into thin lines. The memory of him kissing me resurfaces and I want to jump into the water right now.

Wait a moment. Don’t tell me he misunderstood that I have an affair with Seonghwa and become his weakness.

“There’s nothing happening between me and Seonghwa. I just came to talk to him. That’s all.” I quickly explain to him.

The grip on my wrist loosen but he doesn’t completely let go. I guess I answered the question in his mind. Nonetheless, he is still staring at my lips.

“Why did you kiss me?” The question slips out of my mouth.

“Because he can.” To my surprise, he answered me right away.

“You mean Hongjoong?”

This time, he doesn’t reply.

“I have no idea what Wooyung told you but you don’t go around kissing people because the other people can. Hongjoong kissed me because he likes me and apparently you don’t like me-” I in deep breath when I realize something.

“Y-You...” I stutter. My shaky finger points at him and then me. That can’t be right, my brain must play tricks. However, a smirk display on his lips tells me otherwise.

All of his strange actions and out of character moments, is it because he...likes me!?

I gasp. Holy smoking salmon! I didn’t see that coming. The world is about to explode isn’t it?

I shake my head and step backward. He steps forward and his grip tightens.

“San...” I walk backward until my back hits the rail. I crane my neck to look downward to see the dark water below. Then I avert to see the devil right in front of me.

Here comes the most difficult dilemma, the devil or the bottom of the sea?

 

“Hmm,” He hums in his throat. His hand circles around my back, bringing me closer to him. “It’s not what I think, right?” I search for his eyes behind black and red fringe. In the darkness, I can see storms in those black orbs.

His brows knit together and his smirk drops after hearing my question.

“You hate me.” A cold and distant voice comes out of his mouth.

“No, it’s not that.” I shake my head furiously since he misunderstood my reaction as something else.

“Because I’m the devil.” His venomous tone causes me to shudder slightly.

“No, san.”

“You’re terrified of me.” That’s true, he greatly terrified me right now. But somehow the more he speaks, the more pain I feel in my chest.

“Everyone hates me cause I’m a monster.”

Air hitch in my throat. If he didn't speak that sentence, then I’d never know that he was secretly hurt by how people view him.

“That’s not true. Your crew love you. And I don’t hate you. I never will. I actually like you-”

“So you like me.” He cut me off.

“I mean I like you as a frie-” I try to correct myself but he places a finger on my lips. His eyes glow brighter than the stars above us.

“You like me.” He repeats. A corner of his lip tugs upward.

Then, he replaces his finger with his lips on mine. The same cold lips from yesterday feel different. It’s more daring, more passionate, a little sweet yet dangerous. He lets go of my wrist to cup my cheek and hug me tighter that my body practically presses against his.

Strength leaves my body, my arms don’t have the power to push him away. Instead, my eyes flutter close. My head feels light and hazy.

Feeling like an eternity, I lose time how long he kisses me. His touch inflames my body. The night wind can’t seem to cool down my heightened senses.

When he pulls away, he stares deep into my eyes. The moonlight shines on him. His mesmerizing gaze enchants me under his spell.

 

This time I know that his dimples are real.

This time I see Jack's shocked face staring at San and me when we descend down the stairs from the upper deck.

This time I remember how I come back to my room as San sends me back and whispers good night into my ear.

This time I know things will get messier and messier.

 

Oh My God! How did I get myself into a typical Y/N crazy love life?

 

 

✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°

 

(It's a bit late but) Happy Birthday to our best, the most wonderful leader in the whole world Hongjoongie ♡ ~('▽^人)  He's the person that got me into Ateez. He was so powerful on the stage that I was speechless. But he's a total tiny baby out of the stage. 

 

Have a great day (≧◡≦) ♡