Chapter 4 - (Fake) Prophecy

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

 

After they learn that I'm a seer, boarding their ship to help them to lift the curse, the ship erupts with murmurs surrounding me.

But Hongjoong is so quiet that I start to concern what he's planning to do. My life mostly depends on this man as he's the captain.

His gaze shifting between the moon and me.

"How can you prove that you're a seer?" He eventually speaks.

I open my mouth to speak.

"And knowing our name doesn't count. Anyone knows who we are." The quartermaster cut me off.

Woah Can Seonghwa read my mind cause I'm about to do that.

Nevermind, I know the storyline. I can mention some close by events.

"I can prove it to you." I say and sit down in a lotus position like I'm going into a meditative state. 

I don't know how the seers in this realm receive their prophecy but I hope my little act can deceive them. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Trying my best to recall what will happen in the story.

After a short while, I speak up,"Tomorrow morning there's a rainstorm."

"Rainstorm! anyone can predict that." Someone retorts.

I open one eye to throw a glare at where the voice came from and shut my eye again.

"There'll be 8 consecutive thunders during the storm, after the last one the rain will cease and a rainbow will appear in the north." After saying that sentence, I get up gracefully while brushing on an invisible dust on my dress.

I make that bold statement because I remember the original story that the next day there would be a heavy rainstorm and the author vividly described the scene. At this rate, I gamble on the storyline still being the same.

"We'll see my lady." Hongjoong says. His expression is unreadable, I can't tell if he believes me or not.

After that he leaves without saying a word. I'm speechless at his weird reaction.

Now, what's next?

Seonghwa steps up into his previous place which is in front of me.

I can tell that he doesn't believe what I say.

"You might not know this miss, but our ship has severe punishment for a liar." He threatens me.

"It'll come true." I affirm him. But truthfully, I'm so nervous. If the storyline changes, I'll be a dead meat.

He smirks when he notices my pale face. I can't help but shudder.

"Lock them in the brig." He then turns to order his crews.

My eyes go wide at his order. He's going to lock me in a jail for real.

I'm trying to protest but Seonghwa walks away and yells "Back to work" to his crews.

Yunho, who's standing close to me, smiles apologetically and follows after his quartermaster.

The crowd around us also scatters but I could feel their unfriendly glare toward me and the girl next to me.

---

'Y/N' and I are locked in a brig. It's a small room with no light and smells so bad like something died in here.

How could they do this to me? I wanna cuss at Ateez pirates version.

When I read the fiction, it's fun. But when I'm actually one of the characters, it's kinda not a pleasant experience. But look at the bright side, I get to meet Ateez. That makes up for my misery mob character's fate.

A sound of sniffing interrupts my thoughts, it's our female protagonist.

I sit in one of the corners while she sits on the opposite side. It was almost an hour when we were locked here. She's still crying, her soft sniffing sound echo throughout the room.

"Hey" I call her. She stops for a moment and continues crying.

"Are you ok?" I ask. I know it's a stupid question but I don't know how to start a conversation.

"We're going to die." Her response brings down the mood.

Dang girl. I am also afraid of that too.

But you're the female protagonist you won't die easily. On the other hand I, the side character, my life is on a thin line.

"If you tell them where the map is. We wouldn't end up here." I confront her.

She stops crying and scoffs, "You think once I tell them, they're gonna let us out alive."

"But if you tell them, you may have a chance to survive." I retort back. Because I know in the original story, she told them and survived.

"How naive of you. They are Ateez. The notorious pirate with no mercy." Her voice turns venomous, showing how much she despises them.

I sigh, not knowing what to explain to her. I can't reveal the storyline to her either or she'd think I'm crazy.

Besides, I don't blame her for her hatred toward pirates because there's a reason why she abhor them. Her parents were killed by pirates, leaving her alone in this world. Even though Ateez isn't responsible for their death, the Wonderland map that all pirates seek is the cause of it.

"Are you really a seer?"

"Uh..yea." I respond to her. It feel weird to be called a seer but that's my new identity from now on.

"Will we survive tomorrow?" She asks. Even though I can't see her face, I could sense her agony.

"Yes, we will." It's an answer that I'm not even sure myself. She doesn't ask anymore questions and we both fall into silence.

Pulling my knee into my chest, I start to think back to the moment I woke up into this world. I still can't grasp the reality. And the fact that I transmigrate into fanfiction, I have no idea why on earth I enter the fiction realm and how my presence here will affect the original storyline. It'd be a lie if I said I weren't scared at all.

My head feels like it's about to explode from overwhelming thoughts and the deadly smell inside the jail. All that I could think now is to survive until the story ends.

Wait a moment.

Maybe I could return to the real world when Ateez finally lifts the curse which is the goal of the story.

While stuck in here, I'll play the sear role on this ship, help lead Ateez to lift the curse, and then go back into my world. And most importantly I can fangirling over Ateez whenever I want.

That sounds like a plan.

I let out a small giggle but choke on a foul smell.

Ugh now let's just survive the night.

---

"You lost your cool." The quartermaster says while making his way into captain's quarter.

He finds his captain half sitting half lying on his favourite red velvet couch and sipping on a glass of wine. His eyes unfocus out of the window, not paying him attention.

Seonghwa sits on a chair across from Hongjoong.

They've been together for years but he rarely sees his captain break in anger. Hongjoong normally hides his expression well. Soenghwa considers himself to be able to read people like an open book but not for Hongjoong. It took awhile for him to understand Hongjoong or maybe they came to understand each other.

And no matter what near-death experiences they passed, Hongjoong always fearlessly stood his ground and eradicated anything that hindered us.

That's our captain.

But this time things are quite different...

"We've been chasing nothing for a month, Seonghwa." Hongjoong mutters out of blue, his eyes squint at the moon, like the soft moonlight is burning his eyes.

Hongjoong drinks the liquid in the glass in one gulp and slams the glass onto the nearby table, creating a loud noise.

"It's been a ing month." Now his face turns to Seonghwa. His eyes are bloodshot.

"The crew's lives are on me."

Now Soenghwa thinks if he rarely seen Hongjoong in anger, he can't even remember the last time when Hongjoong broke down.

Hongjoong pour another glass of wine but Soenghwa snatches it out of his hand and drinks it in one go.

"Your shoulders are too tiny to put everything on them." Seonghwa says with a stoic face. If it was someone else who said that sentence, their head probably rolled onto the ground by now. But this is Seonghwa, his one and only quartermaster.

"Shut up and get yourself a damn glass." Hongjoong scowls at Seonghwa but deeply that's how they comfort each other.

"What do you think of them?" Seonghwa changes the topic but his hand is still holding Hongjoong's wine glass.

Hongjoong mind drift to the 2 girls; one who the prettiest girl he ever seen but her eyes are just like them, full of hatred. While the other girl, he can't put words into it but her expression showed no fear, maybe nervous. And he noticed those aquamarine blue eyes showed delight when their eyes met. But who in their right mind would be delighted when they see pirates, especially the notorious Ateez. Nonetheless, she didn't even cower in fear when Seonghwa or he himself taunted her. And calling herself a seeres...

He met with all types of people who did everything to survive but a seer excuse, this is the first time. How interesting.

Soenghwa notices his captain deep in thought and a strange light glowing in his eyes. He raises his brow, questioning Hongjoong.

A smirk return to Hongjoong's face "Do you believe her?" instead of answering, he questions Seonghwa.

"Which one?"

"The seeress."

"No." Seonghwa response right away.

"What if..." Hongjoong pause,"She's the real one."

Seonghwa furrows his brows, wondering what's the notion inside his captain's mind.

"There're only 2 ways, if she's the real deal we welcome her. But if she's not, it's not like we never dealt with a scammer before." Hongjoong says, his face turns sinister.

"You're drunk." Seonghwa replies to him.

A chuckle escapes Hongjoong lips.

Yea, maybe he's drunk but a part in him hopes that someone or something can help them out of this misery.