Chapter 67 - Rescue

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

Horrifying sound reverberates throughout the dark forest as my rescuer begins fighting against the kidnappers. Men screaming, gunshot ringing, the sound of tearing flesh and bones. Smells of intense iron from blood that permeate the night air.

Leaning against a tree, I squeeze my eyes shut and cover my nose and mouth from gagging over the smell of blood. For some reason, my condition seems to get worse as time passes by. My skull keeps pounding like someone plays drums in my brain, my throat dries like sandpaper, my body shivers as if having a fever.

What’s wrong with me?

After several torturing minutes passed, the noise died down. I remain seated on the grass floor. Until I hear an approaching footsteps, my heartbeat quickens up. Opening my eyes, I see a blur figure crouching down in front of me. Faint moonlight travels through the dense leaves from above, allowing me to see a glimpse of his complexion.

“Star.” The warm and soothing voice envelopes my shivering body. A lump forms in my throat as I stare at his disheveled state that used to be the fearsome pirate king.

“You’re hurt because of me. I’m the one that brought you into my hellish world. I’m sorry.” Hongjoong reaches out his hand toward my cheek, but halts his action as he notices sticky blood on all over his hand and body.

Yet, I don’t care. I lunge forward and engulf him in a tight hug. We both lost balance and fall on the ground with me on top of him. He lets out a surprise gasp, both of his arms don’t hesitate to secure around my waist. I rest my forehead on his shoulder and allow tears to outburst like a broken dam.

“Those men were all gone. You don’t need to be scared anymore.” He reassures me, patting my back gently.

Wrong. I wasn’t scared for myself but him, the guys and Yeojin’s safety.

Hongjoong lets me hug him for a moment then he sighs. “As much as I like it, I have to quickly get back to the Revenge. We can continue this in my quarter, what do you think?”

When I sense the way his tone changed, I lift up my head to see his mischievous smile.

Blood rushes to my face once I realize my mistake. I hurriedly get off him and groan painfully as the bruise on my stomach suddenly aches from my abrupt movement.

Hongjoong immediately gets up and holds my shoulder, scanning my body with concern. “Where does it hurt?”

Before I answer him, a feminine voice interrupts me. “Well, captain mullet, I think she’s scared of y’all. You hacked off those thugs like wood.”

I crane my neck to see a female figure walking toward us.

“Yeojin!” Relieve flood over me when I see that the girl is safe. I slowly stand on my feet with Hongjoong help.

Yeojin stops in front of me and crosses her arm. “Yeah, yeah. I’m alive. You don’t need to look so surprised.”

Even though her attitude is foul, I drive into hugging her. She yelps in surprise. It takes a moment for her to return my hug. She pats my back several times and pulls away. “Well princess, it seems like luck is on your side though you ran like a turtle. You must be so glad that your prince, ugh no, your pirate came to rescue you. But to tackle him down to the ground in the middle of the forest? Seriously?” Her voice is full of judgment that I feel blood rushing back to my face.

“Well Miss Yeojin, I’m also glad you’re able to stay alive until this very moment. I apologize if our affection causes you to remind of your failed relationship.” Hongjoong retorts in a polite manner. I turn around to glare at him for making rude comment. In the dark, I can see his pearly white teeth as he grins widely. When he meets my eyes, he abruptly pulls me back to his side and loops an arm around my waist.

Yeojin looks as if she’s going to retaliate but decides against it as she turns the other way and snorts.

“Captain, they’re all dead.” Before the atmosphere becomes too awkward, a masculine voice cut in. A silhouette that I can make out as the heartless quartermaster strides toward us. “We need to get back to the ship as soon as possible.” He continues.

“Um.” Hongjoong hums.

Seonghwa stands a little far away from the group as if he doesn't want to get near us. Yet, I can feel his sharp gaze fixates on me.

“It’s good to see that you’re still in one piece.”

There he goes again with an insulting remark. I don’t have to guess who he's talking to.

I cough a little and manage to smile sweetly his way. “Thank you for worrying about me, quartermaster Seonghwa. I’m also glad to see you unharmed. Because of your compassion, I suddenly wanna tackle you down to the ground.”

Yeojin laughs out loud and winces because of the wound on her face. While Hongjoong chuckles in his throat.

Because his captain takes my side, Seonghwa can only snort and says nothing more.

I display a triumphant smile at the grumpy man and turn toward Hongjoong, intending to ask him to leave the eerily forest when I hear a dragging sound heading to our direction. All our heads turn toward the sound. My body becomes tense and I grab Hongjoong's shirt tightly out of fear.

In the next second, a figure walks out from behind a big tree, his hand holding on something that drag along the path. Until that thing thrashing around and groaning, I realize that it’s a man.

When the person draws nearer, I sense his demonic aura before seeing his face. My body instantly relaxes to see that the combatant is also safe.

San lets go of the man’s collar in front of our group. Once being released, the captive tries to crawl away but San steps on his leg, making him howl like an injured animal.

“Who do we have here? Isn’t this the mighty captain Arrow?” Hongjoong says in a mocking tone. He lets go of my waist and steps forward.

The man visibly shaken up, he slowly raises his head and fearfully scans our faces. “H-how on earth did you manage to come here?”

“The governor told me.” Hongjoong answers casually.

Arrow draws his breath sharply and coughs blood to the ground. “ that old man! He really betrayed me.” His chest puffs in and out in anger. Every time he breathes, I can hear a wheezing sound from his lungs.

“You can seek vengeance when you meet each other again in hell.” Hongjoong taunts him and turns toward San, waving his hand. “Send him to where he belongs.”

“Nooo!!!” Arrow screams and tosses around when San grabs his collar and begins to drag him away. When he fails to escape the devil’s crawl, he turns to me. “Seeress! You were right. I was a fool. Please save me. I’ll do everything you say!”

I blink confusedly; however, the guys are even more perplexed. They look at me with question marks on top of their heads.

I shake my head and hide behind Hongjoong’s back to get out of Arrow’s sight.

“No please seeres!” He continues begging me. My soft heart has an ounce of sympathy for him because he’s going to die.

Yet, as much as heartless I sound, he deserves it.

“I can’t save you. You hurt Ateez and Yeojin. I can never forgive you. If we let you out of here alive, you're gonna get revenge on us, that’s how the villain always does!” I shout without looking at him.

Arrow pauses and then he starts throwing cuss words at me. I wince. A pair of hands cover above my ears. I look upward to witness the owner of the hand's hostile expression. “San, get rid of that scurvy rat.” Hongjoong coldly orders.

“Aye.” San responds, a low timbre of his voice makes my skin crawl. And if I don’t imagine things, his chuckles seem to ring in my ears before a loud crack of bone can be heard and the man quiets down.

“It’s over.” Hongjoong smiles at me. Although I feel like fainting, I return him a tight-lipped smile.

“Let’s go.” Hongjoong says for everyone to hear. And Seonghwa whistles after his order. A moment later several horses approach us.

“Can you walk?” Hongjoong asks, escorting me to one of the horses. I nod although I basically lean my entire weight against him. My legs seem to have lost strength.

I look at the large horse in front of me and become perplexed, I have no idea how to climb onto the animal. In my entire life, I have never ridden a horse before. Hongjoong notices my struggle and chuckles. He circles his arms around my waist preparing to lift me up.

“Wait!” Yeojin yells, still standing at the same spot. “There’re 3 horses, then how am I going?”

“Seonghwa, take her.” Hongjoong grumbles, no longer hiding his annoyance toward the surgeon’s sister.

“No way!! I’m not riding a horse with that guy. I rather go with the devil.” She pauses to peer at the combatant who emits a devilish aura. “Ugh, nevermind. I rather walk.”

Seonghwa snorts. “It’s not like I want you to come with me either. San, take her.”

“No.” San responds immediately even though he usually obeys the quartermaster’s every command.

Hongjoong pinches his nose bridge, growling inside his throat. “This is not the time for all of you to act immature. One of you better takes her. That’s an order!”

“Then why don’t you go with her instead?” Seonghwa retorts.

“You!” Before Hongjoong wages war against his quartermaster, I grab his arm to stop him. Their loud shout makes my head pounds harder.

I scan around our small group and an idea pops up in my head.

“Well, I have an idea.”

 

---

 

“Aish, don’t hug me too tight, I can’t breath!” The person in front of me complains, yet I refuse to loosen my arms around Yeojin’s waist because falling off the horse is way more painful than getting scolded by the girl.

“Slow down! I don’t wanna fall to my death!” Call me exaggerated, but it’s the first time riding a horse. I feel like I’m about to fly off the seat anytime. And the incessant rocky motion makes me feel nauseous.

“We’re going too slow!” She shouts back, “I should've walked instead of coming with you.”

I pout from behind her back. I’m the one that saved her from going with Mr.grumpy. I suggested going with Yeojin and the three guys to choose whoever they wanna go with. As soon as San heard my idea, he instantly swung himself onto one of the horses, implying he wouldn’t let either two ride with him.

In the end, Hongjoong and Seonghwa had no choice but to ride on the same horse. Hongjoong gave me a sulking look, on the contrary, Seonghwa unleashed his evil power and ready to attack me. But because they were in a rush, they couldn’t protest and headed off to the ship first and left the combatant to guard us.

I tilt my head over my shoulder to see San closely trailing behind us. The last time I saw him was yesterday night where I delivered bad news to Hongjoong and him. Yet today, both of them came to save me like nothing happened. Hongjoong acted mischievously as the same and San’s being quiet as usual so I have no idea whether they agree to be just friends or not.

Thinking of my complicated love life brings my mood down all of the sudden. I exhaustedly rest my head on the girl’s back. The cool breeze blows against my body making me shudder and cough several times. I tighten my grasp around Yeojin’s body to warm myself even to the girl’s dismay. I ignore her admonish and close my eyes.

 

Finally, we reach the port safe and sound. Many torches light up the place so I can see a large group of people occupying the whole area. Loud noises take over the place like during day time. I spot some people with tied hands and legs lying on the ground which I guess they’re Ateez’s enemies while the people who standing in a big circle surrounding them are their comrade. And many onlookers watching the scene on the side.

Yeojin halts the horse in front of a wooden wharf that connects to the Revenge, slightly far away from the crowd. That’s when I notice Hongjoong heading outside of the ship with a group of crew members. As soon as he sees me, he slips away from the group and advances toward me.

“Star.” Hongjoong carries me down from the horse, ignoring Yeojin who’s getting down by herself.

“Why does it take you so long to reach here? I started to worry.” Small creases appear between his eyebrows, looking worried sick.

“Because your princess was afraid of the speed. So don’t blame me.” Yeojin comments on the side.

Then again, Hongjoong ignores the girl as he continues talking to me.

“From now on I won’t let you stay away from me, not even a second apart.” He stares deep into my eyes. The light reflects in his hazel eyes makes me feel shy all of the sudden.

“Er...” Words struck on my tongue. He doesn’t mean that he won’t let me go at all, right?

While I’m thinking how to answer him without hurting his feelings, I see his face leaning closer. “What are you doing?” I ask.

“Kiss you.” He answers shamelessly.

I gasp and hit his chest with full force. “Friends don’t kiss!”

“Ouch!” He groans and clutch over his chest. Pain written across his face.

“What’s wrong? Does it really hurt?” I ask, placing my hand on top of his.

“I was shot.” He says and seizes my hand into his. When he removes his hand, I see a bullet hole on his shirt.

“Oh my god!” I exclaim in sheer panic. I shift closer to inspect his wound, but when I look closely, there’s no blood seeping out of it. I place another free hand on his chest and feel the hard surface beneath the shirt.

“The fish scale saved you?”

“How ironic right? I abhor it so much but it saved my life.” He smiles grimly. “I can feel the bullet bury above my heart. I thought I was going to die and one of the regrets is not being with you. So Star, are you ready for my kiss?”

I roll my eyes and hit his chest for the second time. He’s being too bold, too cheesy, nevertheless a smile threatens to creep on my lips. Hongjoong doesn’t stop his shameless action and hugs my waist. Luckily, someone clears his throat and helps me out of the cunning captain’s grasp.

“Captain, everyone is waiting.” Seonghwa gloomily says. He glances between us with so much disdain.

Hongjoong clicks his tongue in annoyance. Before he leaves, he says words that leave my heart with a heavy weight. “I never accept that we’re friends. No matter how hard you try to run away from me, I’m good at chasing after my treasure.”

Sighing, I watch him walk away and join into a group of people. I see a familiar face of the other Ateez members among them. They wave at me and about to walk toward me when Seonghwa stops them. Mingi looks as if he’s trying to protest but shut up completely when Hongjoong says something to him.

I want to walk over there as well but decide against it because they appear to be engaging in serious discussion. Also, I feel the gaze of other people fall upon me. I quickly whirl around to hide from their scrutinizing stares but unfortunately I meet with a judgmental gaze from Yeojin.

“Oh lord, I’m gonna have a nightmare.” She mutters to herself, mouth forms into scowl.

I cough to hide my embarrassment. This girl has been judging me so hard. It wasn't my fault, the real culprit is the mullet who tries to bewitch me.

Then Yeojin looks over my shoulder, a bright smile spreading across her lips.

“Yeosang!” She shouts and dash forward.

The surgeon opens his arm, prepares to hug his sister, and Yeojin jumps into his embrace.

“I was worry sick.” Yeosang pats Yeojin’s head lovingly.

“I’m fine. And your princess is beyond fine.” She answers and doesn’t forget to be sarcastic toward me. Yeosang shifts his gaze to look at me, giving me a warm smile. Although I want to hug him too, I don’t want to interrupt their siblings' time. The picture of them both hugging each other is enough to warm my heart.

Suddenly, my world spins. Gravity pulls my body down to the ground. When I thought I’m gonna crack my bone against the earth surface, cold hands caught me before that happened. I look upward and greet with a pair of even colder eyes.

“San.” I completely forgot that he has been standing here since we arrived at the port. “Thank you.” I try to stand on my feet but strength disappears from my body. I lean against his body and massage my temple to disperse dizziness. At that moment, the smell of blood attack me, I quickly slap my mouth to prevent myself from vomiting.

San becomes tense, seeing my condition. He tries to lift me up but I stop him. When the nauseous feeling fades away, I turn to look at him. His indifferent facade has a tint of concern.

“I’m fine, it’s just an indigestion.” When I’m close to him, I notice that he literally bathes in blood. Trail of dark red liquid on his face and dry blood cloaking on his clothes.

“You’re hurt?!” I panicked.

San remains still, not answering my question.

“You need to see Yeosang.” I whip my head to find Yeosang still talking with his sister.

“Let’s go.” I turn back to look at him, yet he stays still. “It’s not time for you to be stubborn. Why are you afraid of a doctor like small children?”

Even though I compare him to a child, a smirk gradually forms on his lips. “You’re worried about me?” He asks in a hoarse voice.

“Of course!” I yell and end up coughing.

Dimples display on his cheeks and disappear immediately when a voice chimes in.

“Tsk, this guy never gets hurt. I bet those blood are from his victims.” I don’t have to look at the newcomer to know whose annoying voice belongs to the purple haired first. He walks over to us, hands in pants pocket. “And I think you’re the one that needs to see a surgeon. You look sick.” He extends his hand to place on my forehead, but San’s strong hand grip on his wrist.

Wooyoung raises his brow and laughs out loud. “Aww, Sannie is so protective. But I want little Star to be worried about me too.”

I ignore Wooyoung's ridiculous comment and turn to San. “Still, you need to check up with Yeosang. You’re a human after all.”

After my sentence, San seems to freeze in place. The light from the torches allow me to see his pupils dilate. His mouth parts as if to speak something.

Nonetheless, he’s not able to say it because a girl’s high pitched voice cut him off.

“Wooyoung!” Wind brushes past me as Yeojin dash toward the first mate. “We need to talk.”

Wooyoung curses under his breath, his playful expression instantly overwhelm with irritation. He walks away but the girl grabs his wrist. He brushes her hand off and turns on his heel.

“How long are you going to escape me?!” Yeojin shouts after him.

Wooyoung stops in his tracks and sighs loudly. He abruptly turns around and takes a large step until he’s face to face with the girl.

“Listen here, I’ll say it for the last time. I don’t love you anymore. We will never ever be the same. I’ll continue living my life the way I want. And you, just do whatever you want to. I don’t care.” His sharp remark makes Yeojin to falter.

“Liar.” Her voice starts to muffle, tears gleaming in her eyes. She bit on her bruised lower lip causing blood to seep out.

Wooyoung chuckles, yet his eyes glower. He looks at me before making his way toward me. His action suddenly make me feel another episode of panic.

“Star told me you guys are friends so stop with your lie!” She yells, probably knowing what the purple haired guy intends to do.

Wooyoung ignores her and talks to me. “I’ll take you inside the ship. You’re getting paler.”

“Uh...” Unable to utter a word, my gaze shifts between Wooyoung and Yeojin. However, Wooyoung doesn’t wait for my response as he grabs my upper arm while glaring at his best mate who’s unlikely to let me go.

“You’re soaking in blood, do you want little Star to throw up again?” Wooyoung says.

San peers down to observe himself and then at me and finally shoot a death glare at his friend, his hands slowly letting go of me. Wooyoung immediately lifts me up in a bridal style, walking toward the wharf.

“Wooyoung stop!” Yeojin screams after him.

“Oh god.” I whimper. My skull is about to explode from my own sickness and stress these people put me through. Since I don’t have strength to yell at Wooyoung, I pinch him on the arm instead.

Wooyoung glances down and scoffs, continuing his walk. He takes several steps and halts abruptly when another figure blocks his way.

“Wooyoung, let go of Starry.” Yeosang's angry face comes into my view.

“Why should I?” Wooyoung smirks.

Hearing his answer, I decide it’s the best time to play dead.

 

 

---

 

 

The occupants in the group discussion watch the pirate king who lost connection with the conversation. He stares intently at the side where the black haired girl is carried by the purple haired first mate. They have no idea who that woman is but she’s apparently someone important to the pirate king.

“That guy has a dead wish.” Yunho sighs, staring at Wooyoung who is confronted by Yeosang and Yeojin’s right behind his back. While San emits killing intent that he can feel it under his skin.

“Poor shooting Star.” The master gunner standing beside Yunho speaks. “I’ma go rescue her.” Before Mingi’s able to leave, the boatswain grabs his collar.

“You better stay here, and don’t create another ruckus.” Although Jongho pity the girl for having to deal with his persistent crewmates, he can do nothing to help her since it deals with love and relationship, something that Jongho isn’t good at.

The quartermaster listens to his crew conversation and inwardly sighs. He anticipates for the day the nuisance woman leaves the ship, on the other hand, he doesn’t want to deal with heartbroken people. So what choice does he have?

“Captain.” Seonghwa eventually has enough and calls for captain’s attention.

Hongjoong chews on his lower lips and shouts out of the blue, startled everyone. “Yeosang!”

As if the surgeon gets the clue, he extends his arms to receive Star from the first mate. Wooyoung glimpses toward Hongjoong and reluctantly hands over an unconscious girl to Yeosang. Then Yeosang instantly carries her into the ship.

Seonghwa snickers when he spots the girl opening one of her eyes to scan her surroundings and pretends to sleep again. And he bets Hongjoong definitely saw that too. 

“We need to leave now before the Royal Navy arrives.” Seonghwa leads everyone back to the current topic.

“But if you leave, you may never step on Nassau again. The Navy may take over this place.” Erik objects.

“And do you really think we can win over two Man O’ war with our ships? The plan that captain plotted was to fool those traitors.” Seonghwa argued back. Most of their vessels are relatively small because pirates normally use sloop or frigate since these types of ships sail faster.

“It could work though. Captain's plan seems feasible.” Mingi states his opinion, earning a glare from the quartermaster. He pouts and glances toward Jongho to back him up.

However, the boatswain has a mind of his own as he sides with Seonghwa.“I agree with the quartermaster. We have to leave now. If their vessels block our harbor, then it’s hard to flee without engaging in a fight. Besides, we have roughly a week until the third full moon.” He gives a hint to the curse deadline.

“It’s now or never.” Seonghwa finished the sentence.

“What with the full moon?” Erik and the others perplexed, oblivious by the curse. Yet, no one care to explain them.

Hongjoong falls into deep thought. He scans his crew faces and comes to a conclusion. “We’ll leave now.”

“What!” Erik and the other captains exclaim. “What about us? Do you want us to surrender to them!?” One of the pirate captains asks.

“No. They can’t dock at the harbor due to the vessel size. So they can only send rowboats ashore. And that would be stupid move because we can defend the city with the fort.” Hongjoong looks toward the rampart where 30 cannons are mounted on it to defend the city. “You lot can buy the time until they run out of food. Or my ship encounters them on our way out, they will definitely chase after us instead of taking over the city. Their goal is to capture me and seize my treasure.”

“I don’t like this plan.” Erik sighs. “But I guess no one can change your mind.”

Hongjoong chuckles. “You know me best.”

His comment makes someone green with jealousy. Wooyoung who has joined the group scrunches his nose and clears his throat for attention.

“Or if you’re so capable then lead the crew to war yourself to clear the path for us.”

Erik snickers instead of engaging in pointless conversation with Wooyoung.

“By the way, what do we do with the traitors?” Erik asks Hongjoong, glancing over hundreds of captives on the ground.

“Do what we normally punish the traitors. Captain doesn’t give anyone a second chance. You should know best.” Wooyoung replies in Hongjoong’s place.

Some people can’t help but laugh at Wooyoung’s sharp remark and Erik scornful’s expression

“Prepare the knots, we’ll hang all of them as a present to the Royal Navy.” Erik turns to order his crew. “And make sure the governor and Billy bodies will be in front of the town for everyone to see.”

“Aye cap’n.” Erik’s subordinate acknowledged.

“Captain Hongjoong, Nassau needs the new governor. I think you suit the role.” Another man speaks up. And the others nod in agreement.

“Nah, I told you I’m leaving so you lot better select a new one. As for my vote.” Hongjoong places his hand on Erik's shoulder. “He’ll be a good leader.”

The other captains glance among themselves, one by one, they agree with Hongjoong. Except one person. The purple haired archenemy scoffs, giving Erik green eyes. Yunho has to squeeze Wooyoung’s shoulder to calm the guy down.

“I’ll do my best. I’ll take care of Nassau until you come back.” Erik affirms Hongjoong.

“I will.” Hongjoong says.

Once the discussion was over, they bid farewell to one another. The Revenge crew board the ship, many of them are in low morale because after departing from Nassau this time, no one knows if they’re able to come back alive or not.

“Wait, Captain mullet- Hongjoong. I have a request for you.” Yeojin runs toward Hongjoong, stopping him before he boards the ship.

“What do you want?” Seonghwa asks impatiently in the place of captain. His nerves have been tested many times today.

“I’ll get to the point, I want my brother and Wooyoung to leave the Revenge crew.”

“Yeojin!/Yah!” Yeosang, who recently came out to say goodbye to his sister, and Wooyoung shout in unison upon hearing the request. While Hongjoong and Seonghwa narrow their eyes at the girl.

“As captain Erik said, you guys may not be able to return to Nassau if the Navy takes over this place. That means I might not see them again. Your journey is full of danger. I don’t want to see them die. So please grant my request.” She begs, tears welling up in her eyes.

Wooyoung stomps forward and furiously yanks Yeojin away from Hongjoong, but she resists. “Enough with your bull! You can’t dictate my life.” Wooyoung’s harsh tone causes the girl to cry harder.

“They have to come with us.” Hongjoong answers coldly.

Yeojin bites her lip and lowers her head down.

“Yeojin, please don’t do this. I have to travel with my crew. They’re also my family. But I promise I’ll come back to you. once everything is over.” Yeosang snatches Wooyoung’s iron grasp from his sister's arm and hugs her.

“Mr. Yeosang, you can rest assured. I’ll also take care of your sister.” Erik pops out of nowhere beside Yeosang. Wooyoung can’t help but scoff, rolling his eyes scornfully.

“No.” She withdraws from her brother's hug and looks at Hongjoong with determination blazing in her eyes. “Then accept me as your crew.”

Everyone on the scene is completely shocked by her remark. Hongjoong raises his eyebrow and chuckles in a sarcastic tone. Yeojin sees his reaction and falters, yet she doesn’t give up easily.

“I don’t need money. I just want to be with my family. I learnt my mistake so from now on I won’t let go of the people I love.”

Hongjoong quietly observes her face for a while. Without uttering a word, he embarks the ship.

Yeojin and the others are left perplexed by his action.

“What’re y’all waiting for? Just go board the ship!” Seonghwa shouts toward his crew and then glares at Yeojin. “You too, Miss nuisance number three.”

 

---

 

 

“Get us underway!” Hongjoong barks out order.

The crews unfold the sails, weigh the anchor, and the Revenge leaves the harbor, heading into the vast sea. The stars above their heads twinkle, the crescent moon shines dimly above the midnight blue sky, indicating that their time is running out.

“Captain.” Seonghwa observes the man steering the wheel.

“What.” Hongjoong asks, eyes gluing forward. He may appear relaxed, but Seonghwa knows better that he’s stressing out and in need of his favorite wine, or should he say ‘in need of his little treasure.’

The incident tonight was a great blow to them. They were one step away from death. Seonghwa hates to admit that fear creeps upon his heart. This journey seems to be a dead end for them.

Seonghwa is at a loss for words and remains silent.

“Well, captain.” The navigator, standing next to Hongjoong, hesitates to continue his sentence. He shifts between his legs and finally says it. “I want to tell you that I’m glad to be one of your crew.”

“Um.” Hongjoong hums and pauses for a second and replies to Yunho. “Me too.”

The taller guy smiles but with a hint of dolefulness.

“You too, Seonghwa.” Hongjoong says, knowing that the cold hearted quartermaster isn’t the type to reveal his feelings.

“Why does it sound like a final word?” Seonghwa scoffs.

Yunho glares at him. “Don’t say something like that! We're gonna live together until we grow old alright!”

Hongjoong chuckles heartily while Seonghwa rolls his eyes though a corner of his mouth tug upward.

“Sails!!” A lookout crew yells from above the mast, breaking their little heartfelt moment.

Hongjoong quickly snatches a spyglass that is handed over by Yunho. He places it against his eye.

“They are here.” Faint smirk displays on his lips.

In front of them, the two enormous Man O’ War are heading toward their direction. 

 

:☆*::☆*::☆*::☆*::☆*::☆*::☆*::☆

 

Woooo I'm back! Hope you guys like this chapter.

There's something really important I need to announce......

 

Please stream Kingdom and vote for Ateez for the upcoming episodes. The fact that they got 5th place for the introduction stage pains me. Let's fight for them as they also work hard to show us marvelous stages.

Stay safe and have a good day (*¯︶¯*)