Chapter 1 - Transmigration

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

I wake up in a dim room perplexedly. A low wooden ceiling comes into view.

That's weird, I thought. My house ceiling doesn't look like this.

My mind is fuzzy. I blink a few times trying to remember how I slept in.

The last memory was the Ateez fanfiction and....the electric shock!

So Is this a hospital?

 

Scanning left and right, the room doesn't look like a hospital room though.
The room is kinda small and few old fashioned furniture is decorated inside.

The single source of light comes from a small circular window.

Then I feel something or someone shifts in a corner of my eyes.

"Miss, you finally awake" A girl's voice enters my ears.

I jump at the sound.

I turn my stiff neck and meet with a girl in her teens. She wears a cloth similar to a maid in those old movies.

"Woah who are you? Where is this place?" My voice comes out hoarse while trying to sit up. The girl hurriedly comes to my side to support me.

"Miss, how are you feeling?" She asks.

"F..Fine-" I answer, "But who're you?" I repeat my question.

When the girl heard me say that her expression turns into worrisome. She looks like she's about to cry.

"It's me. Lily, your personal maid." She sniffs and continues, "I was so scared. You were caught in a high fever and didn't gain consciousness for 2 days."

Her explanation left me speechless.
How on earth did I get a maid? And caught a high fever? Being unconscious?

That's ridiculous. Last time I checked I was shocked by electricity.

Oh wait.

So maybe this is a dream. I probably passed out in my bedroom and the electric shock caused this dream to feel so real.

I laugh to myself. Maybe I should play along in this dream.
 

So I turn to Lily who looks so distressed right now.
"Ugh, sorry Lily. My head still felt dizzy so I can't recall what had happened." I say.

Lily looks a bit relieved that I act normal again.

"I'll summon a surgeon to check up on you, Miss." Lily says and about gets up to leave the room.

"No need," I say. "Just give me a glass of water." I notice that my throat is burning.

Lily gives me a glass of water and sits next to my bed.

"Where are we by the way?" I ask while sipping on the water.

"On a ship heading to Havana." She answers.

"Hmm" I nod. This dream is getting interesting.

"Why are we going to Havana?" I continue asking her.

"To visit your uncle," Lily pauses, "Miss, you really can't remember anything." She starts to panic again.

"Ugh..." I don't know what to answer her. It's not like I don't remember anything but I have no idea what is going on.

"It feels suffocating here. I want to walk outside." I suddenly change the topic.

Lily protests saying I still need to recover. But I insist, I gotta explore my dreamscape.

She leads me the way to the main deck and we walk past several passengers wearing Baroque costumes just like in a movie.

I watch in awe.

Curiously, I peer down at my own gown and see that I wear a nice looking blue dress. Not bad.

 

Finally, we step out into the open and a splendid scenery greets me.

"OH MY GOD!!" I exclaim.

So beautiful

The brilliant shades of blue of the skies bend with the dark blue of the ocean.

The horizon stretches far and wide.

The smell of salty sea air.

A cool breeze brushing my skin.

The sound of the waves crashing against the side of the ship enters my ears.

A feeling of soft rocking under my feet.

All of these feel too real. Too real to be just a mere dream.

 

Was the electric shock causing brain damage to have this high quality dream? Or I actually died and teleported into another world?
I shudder at my nonsense thoughts.

"Miss, are you feeling unwell?" Lily notices my tremble and asks in a concerned voice.

"I'm fine..just take me back to the room."

Even I want to explore the ship more but this surreal perception creeps me out.

Maybe I should go back to sleep and wake up in my real world.

I turn around to leave but spot the most beautiful woman I ever seen.

She's standing near the rail, looking toward the sea.
Although her side profile is facing me, I could tell she's one of the gorgeous women.

Her rose gold hair and loose curls dance along the wind.
Her petite body makes her look like a porcelain doll. A long pink dress she wears complements her dolly look. But her expression contrasts with her character, it's gloomy.
Her eyebrows furrow and those honey brown eyes show sadness. It makes me curious what bothers her.
Then her necklace caught my eyes. I squint my eyes to take a good look at it.
It's a sapphire blue water drop shape pendant.

I feel a soft touch on my arm. Lily is looking at me, worried why I am standing still.
I give her a reassuring smile and start walking.

Back to my room, I can't stop thinking about that gorgeous girl. Something about her and the pendant tug at my conscience. She feels familiar but I've never met her before.

Then I wonder what I look like in this strange dream.

I asked Lily for a mirror before she went out to get me food.

Holding a mirror, I gasp at my own reflection. The first thing that I see are those mesmerizing pairs of eyes. They are aquamarine blue as clear as crystal. The more I stare at them, the more captivating they become.

I look at other parts of my new face. I have a small oval face and clear glowing skin.

My eyes trail to the red cherry lips. I use my finger to brush on it but no color came off.
Weird. How could someone who was sick have natural red lips.
But since this is a dream setting anything could happen.

And I look down at my silky black hair that flows to my waist.

Wow, this girl is actually pretty. I nod in approval.

But my mind drifts to think about that gorgeous girl from before. If I were to stand next to her, she would shine brightly and catch everyone's attention like the sun and me, as the moon- no, a little star maybe.

Lily, who comes back with a food tray sees me staring intensely at the mirror, gives me a weird look. I ignore her and begin devouring the food in front of me.

Once done, I sit still, don't know what to do.

Maybe I should sleep in case I'll wake up in the real world.

---

I jolt awake in panic when I hear a loud thunder blooming and the ground is shaking.

I blink a few times to adjust my sight. I'm greeted with the same low wooden ceiling of the ship.

I sigh to myself. I'm still in the dream.

The room is now dark indicating that it's night time. And Lily isn't in the room.

The noise outside brings me back to reality. I hear people screaming and gunshot.

I start to panic.

Slowly, I walk toward the door and take a deep breath before opening it.

The corridor is full of people running. All of them have terrific looks on their faces.

"What's going on?" I grab on to a woman who's running pass my room.

She shrieks, horror in the eyes. "Pi..Pirates!!" She swats my hand and runs away.

Pirate, I repeat her word.

I'm so confused right now. How do pirates appear out of nowhere?

Is it because I read Ateez pirate au before passing out? That must be the reason.

I've never seen a pirate before. It wouldn't hurt to take a look, right?

So I push past the sea of people who are running in the opposite direction toward the main deck where the fight takes place.

And that's the first bad decision I made in this dream.

Hiding behind a large door, I cover my mouth to prevent the scream from escaping my mouth.

The scene is horrific beyond my imagination.

Because the main deck is in a total chaos. People are fighting and killing each other; pirates and the ship crews. I see bodies lying on the floor and blood everywhere. Some part of the ship is burning, tainting the dark sky with smoke and red hue.

Suddenly the ship jerks violently which makes me lose my balance and fall on the ground, scraping my hand in the process.

Red blood oozing out of the wound.

It hurts. The pain is real.

This isn't just a surreal dream anymore. The thought scares me.

"Ateez is here quick, find the girl!" A shout of a pirate makes me snap out of my trance.

What did I just heard? Ateez?

Then it hit me full force.

This scene; the ship to Havana, the pirate attack, the familiar gorgeous girl, Ateez, I can draw only one conclusion... Isn't this the scene from the Ateez fanfiction that I'd read?!

Don't tell me... I transmigrate into an Ateez pirate au!!!

The realization wrecks me hard like how Ateez wrecks my bias list.

Then this situation is bad. If I remember correctly, in the first chapter all of the passengers on this ship will die except 'Y/N'. If I want to survive, I need to find her quickly before I'll die in the hands of pirates or sinking ship.

Y/N, the female protagonist or that gorgeous girl where is she?

My shaky legs get up and start running to find her.

While running and avoiding pirates, I can't help but think why don't I transmigrate into Y/N but become a mob character who's going to die instead.

My eyes scan the crowd and see the familiar girl carried by 2 tough looking pirates pulling her into another ship. If I am correct, that must be Ateez's ship.

I don't hesitate and sprint toward them. I climb over the rail, jump as high as I can and fall into Ateez's ship.

I roll several times which make a whimper leave my lips. It hurts like hell, feels like my bones crack.

Painfully getting myself up on the ground into sitting position, I lift up my head and see a crowd of tough looking men around me. It's dark but there're few light from torches for me to see better.

"Quartermaster, we've got the girl." A man who holds Y/N, our female protagonist, speaks.

"Good. Let's leave. Hoist the anchor." Another voice which belong to the quartermaster says.

My heart skips a beat when I hear his voice. It's him.

Then he turns his face to me. "You got the girl then who is this?"

All eyes are now looking at me.