Chapter 6 - Problematic 'Y/N'

Star Illusion | ATEEZ Pirate AU

 

After the prophecy incident, the crews suddenly change their attitude toward me.

For example, Wooyoung who's walking in front of me. He stops giving me glare and starts asking me tons of questions like a 5 years old child.

"So you really are the seer? You can see the future and...can you see mine as well?" He keeps blabbing while taking 'Y/N' and me to find new clothes as the dresses we're wearing are now damp and stink.

"Uh...I can see some future events...stuff like that." Yea, I keep lying. But could he stop asking before I accidentally reveal myself?

"Cool," He mumbles and continues talking about the crew's reaction blah blah blah.

Apart from playboy characteristics, the author-nim must've added too much talkative side to his character.

'Y/N' the female lead who's walking beside me keeps quiet the whole time. Her beautiful face yet again shows uneasiness. She doesn't expect the pirates to be friendly all of the sudden.
Pirates are untrustworthy. She has always been taught since young.

I also don't trust that my life is 100% safe judging from the captain's reaction.

My mind drifts to the moment I spoke to Hongjoong, he was taken aback when I asked him the question, Shall we go get the map, captain?

Well it's not even a question but Hongjoong furrowed his brows in deep thought. 
Then he ordered Wooyoung to take care of us and left with Seonghwa and Yunho.

Is he still doubting me? I can't tell. But they didn't look hostile anymore.

 

Wooyoung abruptly stops in front of a room and he turns to face us. "Inside, there're clothes, just pick any of them."

I nod as I make my way inside the room but 'Y/N' doesn't follow me.

"I won't wear anything belonging to your kind." She speaks firmly in contrast to her current state. Her pink dress is now wrinkle and dirty while her curly hair tangles into knots. And I'm not in better shape than her, or maybe worse.

Wooyoung chuckles at the girl's remark, "Our kind? And what kind is that?" He asks the girl challengingly. Before she was able to make a retort, I cut their conversation.

"I'm hungry." I speak to Wooyoung, "How about we eat first and change later?" I smile sheepishly at him and 'Y/N'. But I actually growling inside.  I feel mentally exhausted right now. I don't want to deal with anymore crap.

They both look like they are about to start a fight any second.

"Fine." Wooyoung answers curtly and turns around to lead the way.

I sigh internally as I look at the girl beside me. She doesn't meet my eyes.

Her gorgeous face twists in distaste looking at Wooyoung's back.

I acknowledge her hate for them is the part of the story but she's trying to get us in trouble again. I just freaking escaped death 3 times already and I can't risk my fragile life anymore.

Frustrate, I follow Wooyoung.

Walking for a short while, we reach the kitchen.

There's no one in sight except a man who I guess is a cook.

"Aye mate, cook something for them." Wooyoung says to a muscular cooker. The man just nods and starts preparing food for us.

Before I sit on one of the chairs, Wooyoung grabs my wrist and pulls me outside.

"Hey! What's wrong?" I ask him confused but he doesn't reply.

My mind starts running wild. Is he going to lock me in the brig again? Or does he plan to dispose of me secretly because he found out I'm not a seer?

We descend the stairs to the lower deck, walk past several rooms and stop at one.

Wooyoung knocks on a wooden door. I can hear a person walk toward the door.

The door opens as a head peaks out.

My eyes suddenly go blind at the man inside the room.

I think I met an angel...no..That's Yeosang!!

My mouth hangs open. I didn't expect to meet Yeosang now. I regret not changing the clothes.

Observing the man in front of me, he has curry ash blond hair and wears white long-sleeved shirt and brown trousers. His chestnut brown eyes looking questioningly at Wooyoung and me.

"You have a patient." Wooyoung says to Yeosang. Now I remember Yeosang's role in the fiction is a surgeon.

"But I'm perfectly fine." I protest Wooyoung.

He says nothing but lifts my right hand upward.

Oh. I see the wound on my hand and dried blood on it.

I almost forgot that I was wounded back on the passenger ship.

Warmth spread in my chest thinking of how attentive of him.

Wooyoung pays me no mind as he continues talking to Yeosang, "Take care of her and send her to the kitchen." He doesn't let Yeosang to speak a word and then he leaves.

"What's up with him." I hear Yeosang mutter under his breath.

Then he looks at me, smiling,"Come in."

Smell of herbs touches my nose once I step inside the room.

There're several beds and hammocks inside the room and at the corner of the room standing a table full of herbs.

So this is the sick bay.

Yeosang close the door and usher me to sit on a chair.

"You're the so-called seeress right?" His deep voice enters my ears as he observes my wound.

"Uh yea." I answer. My body stiff at the closeness. I can't help but admire his handsome feature. My eyes have truly been blessed.

"The wound isn't infected, just a light scratch. It'll heal soon." His long slender hands begin dressing my wound. I hiss a little when the herbs touch my wound.

"All done." He lifts his gaze to meet mine who is staring at him dreamily.

"Ah..Thanks." I smile shyly at him and look away as those chestnut eyes about to melt me into a puddle.

"You have beautiful eyes." His compliment caught me off guard.

"T..Thanks" I stutter, blushing madly.

"I like you too." My blunt answer makes his brow raise at my word.

"I mean your eyes! I like your eyes too! They're really pretty." I shriek, trying to correct myself.

I need to suppress my fangirling mode or else he's going to think that I'm weird.

But he only let out a chuckle, small smile displaying on hip lips.

"Should we get going? Wooyoung probably wait for us." He gets up and gestures me to follow him.

We leave the sick bay and head toward the kitchen. I can't remember the way yet but Yeosang led me.

 

Once we are near the kitchen, we can hear loud yelling between a man and a woman.

Oh no don't tell me...

Stepping inside, the scene confirms my suspicion. Wooyoung and 'Y/N' both have red faces from anger, standing on the opposite side of a table, including the muscular cook who is about to hit 'Y/N' with a spatula in his hand.

"Woah what's happened?" Yeosang questions them.

"Ask the wench!" Wooyoung spat making 'Y/N' face distort at his word.

Then we notice a broken bowl and soup splash on the floor.

This is bad. Food is considered as valuable as gold on the ship.

I move to stand close to the girl to ask her. But she ignores me.

I shrug at Yeosang so he asks the cook instead.

"She didn't want to eat the food that I cooked." He says disdainful, clenching on the spatula, almost breaking it in half.

"Why?" Yeosang turns to ask the girl. His expression begins to change from angelic to demonic.

"I don't want to eat anything from pirates." She says with her chin high up.

Her answer gets on Wooyoung's nerves as he strides toward her but Yeosang intercepts him.

"And what's wrong with the food from us?" Yeosang asks patiently while holding Wooyoung whose knuckles already turn white from clenching. But I could tell that Yeosang also started to get angry from the red tip of his ears.

"You stole food from people and killed them brutally. I don't want to associate with any of your sin." She half speaks half screaming.

I suddenly feel a pang in my heart because of her answer. It's true that the pirates are truly brutal.

I watch nervously at the side. The 3 men in the room could snap any second and break her neck. But to my relief that didn't happen.

"You are no different from us. You rich people take from the poor, enslave us and leave us to die like dirt. Aren't we all sinners?" Yeosang says coldly but his brown eyes hint of rage and pain.

"I never did that!" She screams at him.

"Then tell me, do you have servants or slaves at your house?"

The girl pales at his question. His words apparently hit her.

When Yeosang sees the girl didn't reply back, he chuckles darkly.

 

A knock suddenly interrupts.

We all look at the door and see a head of a young boy peek in.

"Captain asked for the ladies' presence at the bridge."He meekly relays the message when he meets the heated stared of people inside the kitchen

Yeosang responds to him and the boy leaves the scene quietly.

Wooyoung walks and grabs on 'Y/N's wrist, dragging her out of the room. She kicks and punches him but her petite body can't do much damage on him.

I sigh at the scene and look at another set of untouched food on the table

I haven't eaten anything since yesterday evening.
Padding on my growling stomach, I grumpily walk after Wooyoung and Yeosang follow after me.

Why does the female protagonist need to make a scene when we're about to eat?

I can't help but whine. Because of her I haven't changed clothes or eaten the food.

Is she trying to get me killed from hunger and sick from damp clothes?

Uh! my poor side character life.