Chapter 7

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

Prehaps because it has been long since I saw Taehyung in an outfit of a Qinwang....
Again with those eyes, he asked for my hand in marriage.

"Zhu'er?"

I smiled as Eunha glanced at me, turning back to Taehyung.

"Qinwang, you-"

He cut me off, "Yerin, don't say I deserve better."

I just looked up from our matching dress tassels. A small jade embrodied one with the initials, “艺林,泰亨”. Our names were carved vertically on the jade, side by side with some flower embroidery.

"But you do."

He looked at me as Hoshi glanced up at me slightly.

"Yerin, the decreed has been issued. Taemin is also the rightful Shizi to Kim's Family."

I gripped Eunha's hand which was supporting me, "Taehyung. Because of you, Taemin almost died once. Jennie... she tried to kill my son. I will not allow it to happen again."

"Yerin."

I smiled, "But I must admit. I do love you, I still do. No matter how much I deny it...."

He looked at me, "Yerin... you've been protecting our child for so long. This time, it is my turn."

I looked at him, "Qinwang."

"My Fujin can only be you."

With that, he turned and left with Hoshi. I watched as he left and stumbled, thankfully Eunha was still supporting me and led me to sit on a huge rock.

"Zhu'er! Are you okay?"

Eunha fanned me.

"Eunha... He said it again. He promised to protect us. But-"

"Zhu'er, if there really is a decreed. We should just follow it."

I nod, "I do love him, prehaps I should give him another chance."

Eunha nods as we heard a huge spalsh.

"Someone fell into the water! Quick!"

I got up in a hurry with Eunha supporting me as we approached the pond. I saw a familiar outwear.

"TAEMIN!"

Naeun's servant was panicking, "Heshuo Gongju! Gongju!"

"Stop there!"

Eunji and Eunmi stopped a suspicious eunuch. I turned to see Naeun's vest next to Taemin's and I jumped into the water.

"Gege! Gege!"

I lifted Naeun and brought her up shore as Naeun's servant lifted her up.

Naeun's servant grabbed Naeun, "Gongju!"

I went down deeper as Taemin was slowly losing consiousness, hugging him as I swam up. I brought Taemin up and slowly, I felt like I was losing energy as Eunhee lifted Taemin and tried to cover him. I tried to get up but failed, slowly... I felt the water swallowing me.

"Gege! Heshuo Gege!"

Just then, someone jumped and I felt a familiar presence. He caught me before I fainted.

[Taehyung's pov]

"Someone fell into the water! Quick!"

I turned back to where the shouting was from as the palace guards rushed to the huge pond.

"What's going on?"

"Prehaps someone fell into the water by accident."

I nod at Hoshi's remarks and was about to turn and leave for my manor when I heard Eunha's screams.

"Gege! Gege!"

"What?"

I had a bad feeling and ran back as Hoshi followed me. I approached the pond to see Yerin's servant and Naeun's servant holding Naeun who was unconsious while two of Yerin's servants held onto Taemin. They were both fully wet. Another two of Yerin's servants were holding onto a eunuch.

Eunha was looking in the pond, "Gege! Heshuo Gege!"

I jumped in as Hoshi just caught up.

"Wang'ye!"

I caught Yerin and swam upshore.

"Gege!"

Eunha and Hoshi pulled Yerin who was unconsious as I climbed out.

"Yerin!"

I shook Yerin as I checked on her.

"Get the physicians! Quick!"

I carried Yerin as Eunha quicken her steps next to me. Yerin's servants and Naeun's servants followed me. We walked through the palaces and reached the Palace of Universal Happiness where Noble Consort Quan and Ruhua came out.

"Qinwang, what happened?"

"Noble Consort Quan, Heshuo Gege fell into the pond while trying to save Heshuo Gongju and Duolo Junwang."

Noble Consort Quan brings me to her side chambers where the servants scrambled to lay beds and call on the Royal Physicians. Yerin's servants tended to her and Taemin while Naeun's servants went to inform Consort Yu and tended to Naeun. Knowing Yerin's status and position. Along with the importance of Heshuo Gongju of Consort Yu, nobody dared to neglect treatment. Soon enough, Palace of Universal Happiness was in frenzy. The Emperor, Empress and Consort Yu were notified and immediately came over. Everyone who was well came out. Noble Consort Quan did a deep squat while I kneeled with the other servants.

"Greetings to the Emperor."

The Emperor glances around, "What happened?"

We stood up while the servants of Noble Consort Quan continued kneeling. Consort Yu bend her knees after Noble Consort Quan stood up but she had signs of anxiety on her. Her servant who was supporting her tried to calm her down. We moved to the main hall as the Emperor sat on the highest seat with the Empress as both Consorts sat on stools.

I bowed slightly, "Your Majesty, Duolo Junwang and Heshuo Gongju were playing nearby. They both suddenly fell into the water and Heshuo Gege jumped into the water to save them."

Consort Yu's knees buckled as her servant helped her up.

"Consort Yu be careful."

"Niang'niang! Will my Gongju be okay?"
(A/N: Niang'Niang means My Lady.)

Consort Yu was in tears as she gripped onto Noble Consort Quan's arms.

The Empress expresses empathy and waves her hand, "Please calm down. The physicians are doing checking on her."

No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter