Chapter 19

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

"Fu'ren..."

I turned as Jihu fanned me. Sana and Sooyoung were next to each other as they drank their tea. Taehyung was next to me. Eunhee enters the room.

"Gongju. Hui Gege woke up... but the physicians say she will take a while to recover."

I nod, "Did they say anything else?"

Eunhee nods, "Gongju, Hui Gege only suffered a sprain in her ankle since she landed on a soft grass luckily."

"Lucky she's fine." I nod, "All of you go down then."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

The servants bend their knees and went down. I sipped on my tea as Taehyung stands before me and looks at me anxiously.

"Kneel down!"

"This- Fu'ren."

My glares sent Taehyung to cower and shut his mouth immediately.

Taehyung glupped, "Fu'ren... it's my fault. I let Yerim go out."

I slammed my hand down, "You're lucky Yerim only twisted her ankle because she could land properly. If something worse happen to her..."

Sooyoung turns, "Fu'ren, cease your anger!"

Sana nods, "Right... Fu'ren. You just gave birth. If you're angry, your body wont recover well."

I waved my handkerchief and held it near my lips as I had a deep thought.

"Fu'ren... I promised I won't do it again."

"How would I know?"

"Fu'ren, you're in charge of the manor. Who would defy your order."

I waved my handkerchief, "How would I dare? You are Kang Qinwang who dares you order you around?"

"Yerin, I was wrong..."

"You keep saying that but never change. Kim Taehyung, are you testing me?"

"Yerin... please. I'm wrong. I'll do anything."

I smirked, "Anything?"

He nods cautiously.

"Eunhee!"

Eunhee rushes in and bends her knees, "Yes Gongju."

"Prepare the carriage."

"Yes, Gongju."

Eunhee left as the trio looked at me.

"Fu'ren, what's your intention?"

I didn't answer them as I walked out with Sana and Sooyoung while Taehyung followed me. We arrived at a rice merchant shop. I bought some rice from different merchants and arrived at the porridge house.

"Yerin, what are we doing here?"

"Since Wang'ye wants to ask for forgiveness. Why not put your allowance in your good use? Get some rice to donate it to the porridge house to help out the poor."

I smirked as the guards bowed.

"Ci Gongju."

"Get the rice inside and boil some porridge."

I walked in as the guards moved the rice packets in while Eunhee and Jihu followed me in as I led them in while Taehyung walked next to me. I held out my hand as Jihu took it and I walked over to the kitchen. I was in a plain dress and removed all my accessories as Sana and Sooyoung copied me. I smiled as I went outside to meet all the refugees.

"Gongju."

"Gongju!"

I nod as they greeted me. I smiled as I squatted before a young girl and her mother as I checked on them. Everyone waited patiently in line for their food as they got their bowls before a scoop of porridge is given to them.

"Fu'ren?"

Taehyung approached me cautiously, "Why did you bring me here?"

"For tomorrow's court meeting."

"What does it mean?"

I smiled, "Wang'ye. Many officials have been hiding the news that many refugees have come here. If Wang'ye brings this up, it will help you."

"So, Fu'ren is helping me?"

"Not just you but also for the people of our country. These poor people do not have enough in our country. If there isn't enough people to help out then, these people will die."

Taehyung nods as he takes my hand, "Fu'ren is so thoughtful."

I turned, "Wang'ye. You know that I care for Yerim so I scolded you."

He kisses my hand, "After Yewon's death, you're more cautious about the people around you... and so protective. You stayed up late and woke up early everyday."

"Wang'ye..."

Taehyung kisses my forehead and leds me towards the porridge house as we both walked side by side.

"Wang'ye."

He turns.

"It's soon Sana's birthday. Would you allow her?"

"A child?"

I nod, "Wang'ye. Sana's married into this house for the past few years. She's never grumbled about anything and also assisted us greatly. All she's asked for is a child."

He smiles, "Of course. I'll go over to hers often."

"Thank you Wang'ye." I bend my knees but he helped me up.

"You know I love you the most."

I chuckle, "Wang'ye. We're talking about the children of Kimgiya. Yeon, Ilmin and Yeji will follow in Yewon's footsteps to create their own family roots. However for us, we only have Taemin, Taebi and our new daughter."

He looks at me, "How about Taeun?"

"Taeun (泰恩)?"

"A peaceful and gracious girl. (恩典,泰平的女子)"

I smile and nod, "Taeun... Wang'ye should enter the palace next week to inform Royal Uncle about it."

He chuckles and nod. He holds out his hand and I placed mine on top as we walked around. We entered the place where they were cooking. I smiled as the servants brought in some meat pieces and broke them up to make the broth. I walked over to taste the broth.

"Add more meat pieces and some ginger. Afterwards, make sure to scoop up all the meat before adding the rice so that we can add two pieces of meat into everyone's bowls. If there's extra, make sure we're able to put them into threes."

"Yes, Ci Gongju."

I rolled up my sleeves as I overlooked the process as Sana and Sooyoung got the servants to follow them and help out the refugees get to their seats. I inspected the rice as it was rinsed and made sure the grains are clean.

"Ci Gongju. The broth."

I take a final sip and nod.

"Get the minced meat and ginger out and place them in the bowls the refugees used. Have the bowls been rinsed with hot water?"

"Yes, Gongju. We rinse them after every meal."

I nod as I took the bowl of meat and placed them into the individual bowls and added one piece extra for the few hundred people.

"Fu'ren. The porridge is ready."

Taehyung nods, "Alright. We're ready."

I walked out behind the fellow older servants who are in charge of scooping porridge. Eunhee and Jihu helped by organising the queues as Kira and Sooyoung handed out the bowls while Sana and Riyu checked on all the refugees.

Soonyoung smiled, "Everyone, food is ready! Come on one by one!"

The refugees moved forward one by one as they got their bowls some other servants scooped some porridge. I took the first station. Sana and Riyu helped the refugees especially then young and the old.

"Eunhee!"

Eunhee comes over and bows, "Gongju, the blankets are ready for the refugees. We're handing them out soon."

I nod, "Make sure the elderly and children get blankets first before handing them out to the rest."

"Gongju. We've counted and there's enough for everyone."

Eunhee bends her kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter