Chapter 21

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mina's pov]

I sat on my bed in my chamber. I was dazed as I touch my flat stomach and sobbed.

"Fu'ren! Fu'ren!"

Tzuyu walked into the room with Arim and Jina.

Arim tried to stop me, "Gege!"

"Sister Mina! It's fine."

I bawled as I leaned my head against the headboard while Tzuyu pats me.

"Er'niang! Er'niang!"

"Khun... my baby-"

Tzuyu nods, "Sister Mina, you still have Khun!"

I start to calm down as Tzuyu hands me a cup of tea which I took.

"Sister Mina. You know Wang'ye doesn't blame you. Khun and Kyet are here."

"Tzuyu...?"

She nods, "Sister Yerin brought all the kids over from her manor. They're currently playing outside. However, Khun kept wanting to look for you."

Arim drapes a cape over me as sister Yerin steps into the room with Eunhee.

"Sister...."

Eunhee bends her knees to greet me.

"Mina..." Yerin takes my outreached hand and pats it, "How are you, Mina? I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess."

I shake my head, "Sister Yerin, I don't blame anyone but me. I was careless and did not notice."

"Mina, your child did something great."

"What...?"

"Mina, your child exposed the corruption of the Manoban Clan. After what happened to your child, Royal Uncle ordered an investigation of the entire Manoban manor. We found taels and food that were supposed to be supplied for the Eight Banners soldiers but they instead went to the Prime Minister. Now, the entire clan is awaiting trial."

I nod, "But-"

Sister Yerin sits on a stool next to me, "Mina... your child will come back. Also I've brought some ginseng, you should rest and recover. Then, you will be able to give birth to child."

Eunhee steps up with the huge box she held and hands it to Arim.

"Er'niang!"

I smiled as Khun runs in, holding flowers. He bows to sister Yerin andd Tzuyu before turning his attention to me.

"Er'niang, I picked it for you."

Sister Yerin smiles behind her handkerchief, "Mina, Khun was trying to pick some nice flowers in hopes to cheer you up."

I smile as I pick Khun up and let him sit on my bed, "My baby."

"Mina, you will surely get well!"

"Sister Yerin..."

Yerin snaps her wrist as the handkerchief flutter, "Mina. Trust me. Jun Qinwang's love for you won't get any less because of this. Currently, as we speak. Wang'ye and Jun Qinwang along with brother Jungkook are now testifying against the Manoban Clan."

I turn, "Sister Yerin, the Manoban Clan still has someone behind to support them. Will Wang'ye be alright? They are of similar descent too."

"Just watch and you'll know."

"What?"

Sister Yerin smiles, "The Manoban Clan and the Kunpimook Clan are surely related because of their nationality. However, there is a difference. The Kunpimook Clan are the victims. The ones who wanted to revolt and use power against the royal family is the Manoban Clan. This time, the people who have offended Royal Uncle are of Manoban Clan. Royal Uncle will not drag anyone else in other than the Manoban Clan."

I sighed in relieve, "As long as Wang'ye... Kyet and Khun are fine..."

Tzuyu nods, "Fu'ren. The current Emperor is surely just."

Sister Yerin smiles, "I'll go see the kids."

I nod as the servants bend their knees to see sister Yerin off.

[Yerin's pov]

I walk out of Mina's chamber as Eunhee supports me out. Jung Ho kneels on one knee and bows to greet me.

"Gongju, it's all done."

"Did the Flower guards say it according to my orders?"

Jung Ho nods, "We made sure to repeat the situation to the Emperor a few times before we left. We also tried to bring up more of Lalisa and the Manoban clans involement and also how Lady Mina's fetus was lost because of them and that Jun Qinwang also didn't know of such things."

I nod as Jihu come over and bend her knees.

"Gongju, the scroll has been delivered at your orders."

"Alright great job."

My face lit up as Taebi holds hands with Yeji who was toddling and walked over.

"Taebi~ Yeji!"

Taebi smiles and hugs Yeji. I look behind them to see Yeon, Ilmin, Taemin and Kyet having a sword fight with wooden swords and spears.

"Did you have fun?"

"Yerin Er'niang, it is really fun. Sister Taeun is learning how to walk."

I chuckle and help adjust her hair.

"Taebi, how did your practice go?"

She smiles, "I can use the ribbon now."

I nod, "That's good. A daughter of the Kimgiya Clan must master the ribbon. In future, you will teach Yeji and Taeun, be a role model."

Taebi jumps, "Yerin Er'niang, can we eat together later?"

"Alright. For dinner. Everyone will eat together at the manor."

"Yay!"

Taemin and Ilmin run over with Yeon and Kyet following.

"Sister Taebi, what is it?"

Taebi turns to Ilmin, "We are going to eat together later!"

Ilmin jumps around with Taebi as Taemin and Yeon chuckle.

"Lady Yerin?"

I turn to Kyet, "Yes, Kyet?"

"How is Mina Er'niang?"

I lower down a little and smile, "She's doing just fine. Do you want to see her?"

Kyet smiles, "Er'niang told me not to disturb Mina Er'niang."

I smile, "Mina is all better now. Why not you visit her at night?"

He nods, "I will."

The children run off to play as Eunhee bends her knees while she stands next to me. She straightens up.

"Gongju, word has it that the Manoban Clan has been ordered to be in exile. The Prime Minister and their closest family are imprisoned. The Prime Minister's Manor have beeen raided. Males of the Manoban Clan above 15 are to be executed but in recongnition of the Prime Minister's efforts it has changed. All of Manoban are to be demoted to slavery and their business or possessions will be confiscated and returned back to the national treasure. All of the Manoban members will never be allowed to return to any government roles or enter the capital until the day this dynasty ends."

I looked out, "Really?"

"Yes. The Emperor especially noted the way they were rude to a Gongju and Qinwang. Especially because of Gulun Heshuo Lijia Gongju."

I moved my prayer beads between my fingers, "What wrong did they have? All of them just wanted to gain prestige."

"Gongju?"

"When I was young, I watched the uncles fight for the throne in the Forbidden City. What wrong did any of them have? All of them were born illegitimate and wanted to gain prestige. Thank goodness, Royal Uncle and Mother both got Royal Grandfather's acknowledgement. Royal Uncle was born later and finally got up on the throne. The others who were against him were grounded and never allowed out. Their wives were also forced to divorce and seperated. Tell me, what wrong do they have? Being born in the imperial family was none of our choices. Being allowed to become a Qinwang, Junwang or a Beile was never our intention. It is thanks to our ancestors."

Eunhee bends her knees, "Fu'ren. Eunhee learnt."

I turned to her, "Eunhee, let's go back."

Eunmi comes over with the children gathered, "Alright. Let us go now."

Tzuyu supports Mina out as they greet me.

"Mina, rest well."

"Sister, thank you."

"Mina, you will soon gain another child."

Her smile seemed sweet yet tasted bitter to one's eye, "Yes. I will sister. I want to have multiple kids like you and Yewon."

I nod as Eunhee and Jihu bend their knees with Eunmi and Yeebin before I held my hand out and used Jung Ho's forearm to balance myself as I walked out.

[Taebi's pov]

I smiled happily as I skipped around the manor with Kayo following me from behind. Kayo is actually only two years younger than me but she takes care of me well.

"Kayo!"

"Yes, Gege?"

I smiled, "Kayo. Let's go and find Taeun and Yeji."

She nods as she follows me around.

"Gege, do you want some food?"

I smile and nod as I skip by the kitchen with Kayo following me.

"Greetings, Gege."

"Aunt Rong!"

Aunt Rong is the main chef in Kimgiya's Manor. She is in charge of every meal we take. Alongside her are three female servants and two eunuchs.

"Gege, what would you like?"

"Aunt Rong, what are you cooking for tonight's meal?"

She chuckles, "A simple steamed fish, some vegetables and a chicken hotpot. We will have the favourite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter