Chapter 27

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I smiled as I sat in the main hall of my quarters. Sooyoung, Sana and Eunha sat in front of me as we chat.

"Fu'ren. These few days you must be worried about the arrival of Emperor Yoongi and have not heard of the news. Recently, there is a new addition to Emperor Junhui's concubine. A Gongju presented by the Uyghur Hezhuo Clan. She is named Consort Rong by the Emperor. However, it appears that she had just lost someone she love before she arrived. The Emperor favours her, exceptionally and even granted her to stay in Bao Yue Pavilion."

I listened to the story, "How is her condition?"

Sooyoung sighs, "Fu'ren... Consort Rong refuses to eat because she is mourning for her childhood lover. The Emperor allowed her to wear her traditional mourning clothes."

"I guess, I should enter the palace and visit her."

"Fu'ren."

I smiled, "I know how it feels to lose someone and then be forced somewhere... she may be different from us but ultimately our feelings for a person is the same regardless of our ethnicity."

Eunha smiles, "Sister Yerin. Let's go together."

"Fu'ren. I heard Taebi has recently began training..."

"Yes she has. Taebi is good at it. All thanks to Sooyoung's upbringing."

"I dare not..."

I smile, "Sana, your stomach is growing a lot... How's the baby?"

She smiles and touches her belly, "It's currently five months old, the physician said it felt like a boy."

"Really? If it is Taemin, Yeon and Ilmin have a new training buddy. Eunha, you should bring Junho into the manor more."

Eunha nods, "I will."

Junho and Eunki are the result of Jungkook and Eunha's wedding four years ago. Eunha is now known as Duo Junwang Fujin and is also residing in Jungkook's manor. However, these few months Taehyung and Jungkook have been frequently leaving the manor for a long time because they have to guard the borders. Sana was finally bestowed a time to serve Taehyung on her birthday and got pregnant. I am happy since she has someone to lean on now. Over these few years, Yerim also got married and moved to the Mongol lands.

"Sana, since you're pregnant. Don't move around too much. Towards the end of your pregnancy, your greetings will be pardoned."

Sana gets up and bends her knees slightly, "Thank you Fu'ren."

I smile, "Alright. Your servants should be aware of your meals and also the things you use, including the medication you take. We have to be careful and even more careful."

Riyu bends her knees, "Yes, Fu'ren."

"Alright. Since you've sent your morning greetings, you can go back to your chambers. Sana, if you are free do accompany Sooyoung and help Taebi learn to walk in flower bowl shoes, teach her how to do calligraphy too."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

I smile and watch Sana and Sooyoung leave while I get up as Eunha faced me.

"Eunha, let us go."

Eunha adjusts hers as the three of us walk to the entrance of the manor together. I touch the three earrings on each of my ear loops as Eunha wears it similar to mine. We are all of manchu descent and nobles, thus everyone including the servants, wears like this. I look at my prayer beads attached to my dress and smile as we all walk to the carriage.

"Sister Yerin, let's go and find this Consort Rong. I heard that she is a beauty that moved three countries."

I smile, "Alright. Making friends is also not a bad idea. We can head to the pavilion first."

Bao Yue Pavilion is located in the Forbidden City. I heard from Eunmi that ever since this Consort Rong entered the palace Royal Uncle has learned uyghur language and even build a mosque near the pavilion, hired Moslem chefs for her.

"Ci Gongju, we've arrived."

I smile and come down of the pavilion as Eunha links arm with me. We entered the Forbidden City and walked towards Bao Yue Pavilion. I smile as I enter the gates and see uyghur servants in their traditional clothing.

"Greetings. I am unsure of your presence... you are?"

I smile, "Heshuo Ci Gongju... This is Duo Junwang Fujin."

The servant bowed in a hurry, "Greetings to Heshuo Ci Gongju, Duo Junwang Fujin-"

I helped the servant, "Alright, alright. Don't panic. I heard that recently a new concubine entered the palace. I want to visit her. Is it alright for me to go in?"

"This..."

Eunha waves her hand, "Don't be nervous, ask Consort Rong for permission first."

The servant bows and climbs the high stairs up to Bao Yue Pavilion. I look behind and see Eunhee, Eunmi, Jihu Eunji and Eunjoo. Eunjoo is the new servant under Eunha.

"Alright. Don't need so many people to accompany us up. Eunhee, Jihu and Eunji will do."

"Yes, Gongju."

The servant comes down and bows, "Ci Gongju. Consort Rong can meet you."

I smile and walk up the stairs slowly with Eunha as the four of them follow behind us. I enter from the main hall and see a huge stage on my right with a study next to it. It was really spacious and entirely decorate with Moslem decorations and a small area for praying. I smile as two uyghur servants bow and a beautiful lady was sitting on the bed. I lower down on one knee with Eunha following as the four servants kneel.

"Heshuo Ci Gongju greets Consort Rong. I wish you peace and grace."

She did not respond but sit on her bed. I got up as they followed and we walked inside.

Eunha comes forward, "Your Highness, you look so beautiful! Living up to the name of a beauty that moved three beauties."

Her eyes were cold as if she lost everything, "I wish... I am not a beautiful person. That way... I don't have to come here to Qing and.... Ehmet won't have to die in the snow, trying to chase me."

"Your Highness..."

Consort Rong sighs, "What's the point of being beautiful... I can't even be with the one I want to be with."

"I'm sorry for your loss... Your Highness, I think it's beautiful that you love him to the end. Why not eat something?"

I glance at the servant who held a bowl of porridge and I hold my hand out, taking the bowl in my hand as I hold up the spoon of chicken porridge to her.

"Your Highness, I know how it feels like to lose someone. However, if you really die of hunger here... then no one can spread the legacy of Ehmet anymore."

She turns to me when I mention the name Ehmet, "You know... you know Ehmet."

I smile, "Royal Uncle knew of his death and ordered a grand funeral for him. His casket will be placed in the mosque Royal Uncle build for you."

"What? Is that..."

Her two servants come forward and speak to her in uyghur, "Yes... His Majesty is scared you might... So he didn't-"

I smile and turn to Consort Rong, "Your Highness... you are the only one who remembers Ehmet. I would love to hear more stories about her. You should know that he sent you off with his love for you. You can live with his love but you still are a concubine here. It is sad that you are sent here against your will but at least you managed to see each other one last time. Until the end he still loved you and I'm sure he wants you to live well."

Consort Rong was initially stunned by the fact I can speak uyghur but then opens and I start feeding her. Her servants let out a sigh of relief and she manages to eat half a bowl of the porridge.

"Alright. I think your stomach won't take in much. Just leave it as it is."

I hold out the bowl as her servant brings the tray over and I place the bowl on the tray. Consort Rong turns to Yerim and Eunha.

"You must be Duo Junwang Fujin, Yong Junzhu."

Eunha bows, "Eunha greets Consort Rong. May peace and grace be with you."

"But speaking of it. How did Ci Gongju know about Uyghur language?"

"I was trained since young to speak Mongolian, Manchu, Chinese and Uyghur."

"I see..."

"Sister Yerin, you are so smart."

Consort Rong looks at us and speaks, "Ehmet is my childhood sweetheart... all these while we were always in love. He loved to watch me dance and we used to spend time under the stars. Ehmet heard that I was forced into marriage with the Emperor Junhui. He wanted to follow me to the end and unfortunately was buried by snow."

"Your Highness, you live with the best memory of Ehmet. Both of you may be seperated in this life but he is waiting for you in another. Wait for this life to be over, it will get better."

"I know, Ci Gongju..."

"You fate is better than Gulun Heshuo Lijia Gongju. She decided to live with the best memory of Emperor Yoongi but in the end, she lost her childhood lover..."

"But... won't it be better?"

I smile, "Consort Rong. Yewon went through it and I saw it with my eyes... how she lived with someone who wasn't her childhood lover. Someone who changed and it was a catastrophe for her. Won't it be better for you to meet in the next life? In the life where you and him can be a normal couple."

She nods, "His Majesty often comes over and tries to cheer me up. It's just... my heart isn't ready yet"

"Just wait a while... it takes time."

"Ci Gongju, I enjoy your company. Come over often and chat with me, also just call me Meryem."

I nod, "Consort Rong, in that case you can just call me Yerin."

All of us chuckle as someone enters the pavilion.

"Her Majesty, the Empress is here."

The four of us look at each other, confused but I got up as Eunha follows me.

"Greetings to Your Majesty."

I bend my knees slightly while Eunha lowers down on one knee. All the servants in the room kneeled. The Empress came in with all her servant supporting her and an entire army.

"Consort Rong, I came here with the Empress Dowager's decreed. She wishes you would change into the manchurian outfit."

"Your Majesty, did you come with Royal Uncle's permission?"

She did not answer but ask two of her servants to come forward and they dragged Consort Rong down her bed. Eunha got in between to stop them but got pushed away as I catch her. I saw one of the uyghur servant.

"Get His majesty here!"

"Yes."

The servant runs out as I push away the two mammies belonging to the Empress.

"You are still a consort and I am the Empress. How much of a noble are you?"

I held onto Consort Rong, "Empress, you are in-charge of inner harem affairs. I know Royal Grandmother sent you here to do this but who gave you the right to order your servants to forcefully remove her outfit in front of so many servants."

Her mammy pushed me away, "Go away!"

"I order you as Empress. Get out this instance."

Eunha kneels before the Empress, "Please, Your Majesty. Have mercy!"

The Empress then kicks Eunha away. Eunji runs up to catch Eunha. The servants ed Consort Rong's outfit. Two female uyghur servants come up and blocked them.

"Please don't remove her clothing! This is a disrespect to our Holy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter