Characters

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter will be constantly updated as I will add Characters here and there.

Titles for the characters:

Male Characters:
Heshuo Qinwang: Prince of First Rank
-Usually born to a son of an Empress or a Qinwang with Iron Cap privilege (Iron Cap title refers to the future heirs of the son will not be demoted in rank but hold the same title)
-Shizi: Heir Apparent of a Qinwang
-His wife is equivalent to the rank of a Noble Consort

Duolo Junwang: Prince of Second Rank
-Zhangzi: Heir Apparent of a Junwang, the name also means Eldest in Chinese.
-Wife is equivalent to the rank of a Consort and Concubine rank.

Duolo Beile: Prince of Third Rank
-A common title for all princes who are born, later slowly elevated.
-His wife is equivalent to the rank of a Concubine

Gushan Beizi: Prince of Fourth Rank
-Gushan refers to one of the Eight Banners, referring to a prince from any of the Eight Banners.
-Wife is quivalent to a Noble Lady

Feng'en zhen'guo gong: Duke of First Rank
-Translated to Duke who receives grace and guards state.

Feng'en fu'guo gong: Duke of Second Rank
-Translated to Duke who assist state

The above two dukes' wives have ranks equivalent to a First-Class Attendant.

A/N: The any of the above six ranks are entitled to the Eight privileges. These privileges were red carriage wheels, purple horse reins, heated carriages, purple cushions, gemstone mandarin hat crests, two-eyed peacock feathers on mandarin hats, use of leather whips to clear the path, and employment of eunuchs. Regardless of rank, an imperial prince is almost always address as A-ge or sometimes their titles like Shizi or Zhangzi at times.

Burubafen zhen'guo gong: Duke of Third Rank
-Duke without eight privileges who guards state

Burubafen fu'guo gong: Duke of Fourth Rank
-Duke without eight privileges who assists state

The above two ranks' wife are equivalent to the rank of a Second-Class Attendants of first and second rank. Wives of Imperial Generals are at the rank of Clanswoman.

Zhen'guo jiangjun: General of First Rank
-General who guards state

Fuguo jiangjun: General of Second Rank
-General who assists state

Fengguo jiangjun: General of Third Rank
-General who receives state

Feng'en jiangjun: General of Fourth Rank
-General who receives grace.
-Usually given to the heirs of General of Third Rank.

The first three ranks for the general are divided into three classes

Female Characters:
Gulun Gongju: Princess of First Rank,
-Granted to a Princess of the Empress.
-Can also be Heshuo Gongju elevated up.

Heshuo Gongju: Princess of Second Rank
-Granted to a Princess of a Consort or Concubine.

Junzhu: Princess of Third Rank
-Also addressed as Heshuo Gege or Qinwang Gege.
-Granted to the daughter of the Primary Consort of a Qinwang
-Can be promoted to Heshuo Gongju or Gulun Gongju.

Xianzhu: Princess of Fourth Rank
-Also addressed as Duolon Gege or Junwang Gege
-Granted to a daughter of Junwang or Shizi

Junjun: Lady of First Rank
-Also addressed as Beile Gege
-Granted to a daughter born to a Secondary Consort of a Heshuo Qinwang or a daughter born to a Duolo Beile

Xianjun: Lady of Second Rank
-Also known as Beizi Gege
Granted to a daughter born to the Secondary Consort of a Duolo Junwang or a daughter born to a Gushan Beizi

Xiangjun: Lady of Third Rank
-Known as Gong Gege
-Granted to daughters born to Dukes who receive the Eight Privileges or a daughter born to the secondary consort of a Gushan Beizi.

Zongnu: Clanswoman
-Granted to wives or daughters or duke without eight privileges and generals regardless of rank

A/N: Princesses can be addressed as Gongju or Gege accordingly, or in the story, they are sometimes addessed as Zhu'er or the title associated with their ranks E.g. Junzhu, Xianzhu etc.

Efu: Husband of an Imperial Princess.
-Titles are granted accordingly according to the Princess they marry.

Main Characters:

Jung Yerin, Ci Junzhu of the Jung Clan and later Qinwang Fujin of the Kimgiya Clan:
Daughter of Gao Qinwang and sister of Hoseok, heir apparent of the iron cap Qinwang. Her maternal uncle is the Emperor of the Country, thus the Jung's Clan are quite powerful. Her Mother is the Grand Princess of the former Emperor and sister of the current Emperor, Grand Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju. Her paternal aunt is a Noble Consort within the Imperial Harem. She was raised in the Forbidden City and Old Summer Palace alongside Yewon as her grandfather, Emperor Taizong adored her and brought her into the palace so she can accompany Yewon. She has a really bright and cheerful personality, with a righteous front. A little cautious of Taehyung whom is her lover and the father of her son, but later marries Taehyung and becomes the Qinwang Fujin of the Kim Clan. She loves her son Taemin more than anyone, later she gives birth to another daughter, Taeun. She is also the foster mother of Yeon, Ilmin and Yeji, children of Heshuo Gongju Yewon. Protective of the ones around her. She has learned martial arts since young and is able to move swiftly and use the sword, her personal sword is a jade flute, which can be drawn and reveals a sword it also has a jade butterfly tassel on it. Yerin also likes playing the pipa, she has a personal pipa carved with wooden flowers. Yerin has a favourite teahouse in the capital and she has always goes to the teahouse to meet her friends or listen to the storytellers. Her voice is calm but stern, doesn't need a lot to set things straight. She is elevated as Gongju by Emperor Junhui and towards the end, Gulun Heshuo Gongju when Emperor Kongling was ruling. When Daehwi died after 12 years into his reign, Yerin was given the title of Grand Imperial Gulun Heshuo Gongju as the reigning Emperor's paternal aunt by marriage with Taehyung. Later posthumously referred to as as Gulun Heshuo RenCi Gongju of the Kim's Clan(固伦和硕仁慈公主,金氏), Heshuo Kangde Qinwang Fujin (康德亲王福晋).
-Yerin wore a dress tassel matching with Taehyung's all her life and only took it off when she gifted it to Naeun as a marriage gift. The item was passed down to future descendants as an heirloom to brides of the Jung's Clan from Naeun onwards, who's son married a Jung's Clan daughter. Keeping the Kim and Jung Marriage alive.

Kim Taehyung, Heshuo Kang Qinwang of the Kimgiya's Clan(Shorten to Kim's Clan) and later Efu to Yerin of the Jung Clan:
First-cousin once removed of the Current Emperor. First cousin twice removed to Yerin. He is also the Emperor's adoptive son after his birth parents both passed on in a war. He was raised outside of the palace since young while his sister Yewon was raised in the Forbidden City alongside Yerin. Since the age of 8, he chose to train in an army camp in the Mongolian borders instead of staying in the Forbidden City. His sister, Yewon is the Queen of Joseon Dynasty and his cousin, Jennie is a concubine there. His paternal great-grandmother is the princess of the Shunzhi Emperor. His paternal grandmother is the princess of the Taizong Emperor. His maternal great-grandmother is the Queen of the Previous King of Joseon(Yoongi's grandfather), thus his family is a line of royalties too. His older brother, Namjoon serves as a guard at the Joseon Dynasty. His cousin, Seokjin is a Junwang. He was born with an iron-cap privilege, meaning his descendants will not be demoted in rank. He walked through thin and thick with Yerin, later gets married and fathers more children with Yerin and his other secondary consorts. He often enjoys playing chinese chess with Yerin. He has never set his eyes on other people except for Yerin. He is a wise father to all his children, whom all come to him for advice. A great general and warrior who often fought in wars and assisted the Emperor in official events like travelling to other countries as an ambassador of their time with Yerin. Posthumously given the name Kangde and named Heshuo Kangde Qinwang after his death(和硕康德亲王,金氏).
-Taehyung had a matching dress tassel which became an heirloom from Taemin onwards to remember the marriage of the Kim's and Jung's, honouring both Yerin and Taehyung till today... after 170 years after his death.

Other Characters:

Kim's Clan

Sooyoung, Xiangjun of the Park's Clan and later Ce'Fujin of the Kimgiya Clan:
Daughter of the Duke of First Rank. She has a really gentle yet stern front, righteous and just. She is one of Yerin's greatest allies and often assists Yerin within the manor and helped run the manor with Sana, the other Ce'Fujin of the Clan, to fill Yerin's absence. She is a beautiful lady and really cares for the manor, doesn't care about winning Taehyung's favour. Enjoys Yerin's company and often goes over to chat with Yerin and Sana. She likes embroidery and playing the chinese instrument guzheng. Later she becomes Taebi's mother and is posthumously honoured as Kangde Qinwang Ce'Fujin (徳胜康德亲王侧福晋)

Sana, Xianzhu of the Minatozaki Clan and later Ce'Fujin of the Kimgiya Clan:
Her father has connections with the Japanese Imperial Family and she is regarded as the Princess in Japan. She fell in love with Taehyung at first sight and later marries into the Kimgiya Clan to Taehyung. She gets along well with both female members of the Kim's Clan. She assisted Sooyoung to run the Kim's manor when Yerin was away and helped take care of Taemin, Taebi and Taeun. She later becomes the other of Taejoon. She is posthumously honoured as Kangde Qinwang Ce'Fujin (徳胜康德亲王侧福晋)

Kim Taemin, Shizi of the Kimgiya Clan and later Ren Qinwang of the Kimgiya Clan:
Grand-nephew to the Current Emperor. He is the son of both Taehyung and Yerin, brother to Taebi, Taeun and Taejoon. Also childhood lovers with Heshuo Gongju, Naeun who is his first cousin twice removed and the daughter to Consort Yu of the Busi Hala Clan. Later Marries Naeun and becomes Qinwang with Iron-cap privileges after being the heir apparent of Taehyung. He grows to be a fine man who helps people because of his mother's teachings. He never forgets his roots as his mother reminds him and soughts to be righteous throughout his whole life. He is also really close to his siblings and always seeked their advice. He becomes regency to the next Emperor in his later years. Posthumously given the title of Heshuo KangRen Qinwang(和硕康仁亲王).

Kim Naeun, Heshuo Gongju of the Imperial Kimgiya Clan, later Qinwang Fujin of the Kimgiya Clan:
Daughter of the Current Emperor Junhui. A well-known beauty since young. Despite her royal title, she never abused her power and treats her servants well as compared to her other half-siblings. She is known as the People's Princess and often touches People's hearts because of her kind acts. She takes parts in volunteering work in her life often keeping up with the news of civilians. Her most common act is to help distribute porridge for the poor. She is close to Taemin since young as Emperor Junhui doesn't have many children of her age. She enjoys dancing and sometimes dresses in plain clothes to the Teahouse and listen to story-tellers. She is posthumously referred to as Heshuo QueXi Gongju (和硕鹊曦公主), Fujin of Heshuo Ren Qinwang.

Taebi, Xianzhu of Kimgiya Clan and later Rong Junwang Fujin:
Daughter of Soonyoung and Taehyung. Half-sister of Taemin, Taeun and Taejoon. She is close with Taebi and Taemin since young. She also took care of Taejoon since young with her mother. She enjoys embroidery and reading novels, writing poems. Great friends with Eunki and Kamala. She later marries Khun. Given title Duolon HuiAn Gege (多伦慧安格格)

Taeun, Junzhu of Kimgiya Clan Huide Gege:
Second child and First Daughter to Yerin and Taehyung. Half-sister of Taemin, Taebi and Taejoon. Really close with Taebi and Taejoon since young. She looks out for all her siblings and cares a lot of her siblings. She is extremely close with Taebi and even when Taebi got married, she often visits the Mongol lands to meet her sister. Close friends with Eunki and Kamala. She is great at collecting information, which is helpful. Using her skills, she assists Taemin when she is older to solve cases. She later marries Yeon and gives birth to children with him. Posthumously honoured as Heshuo Huide Gege.(和硕慧悳格格)

Taejoon, Dundong Junwang of Kimgiya Clan:
Son of Sana and Taehyung. Half-brother of Taemin, Taebi and Taeun. Close with his older brother and often plays with his sisters. He is also great friends with Khun, Kyet and Yeon since young who all played pranks as kids and when they're older become great allies within the court. Assists his brother and half-uncle, Future Emperor Kongling in court when he's older. He marries Harim, Eunbi's daughter later and becomes the Efu of the Kimgiya Clan. Posthumously honoured as Heshuo Dundo Junwang. (和硕敦董君王)

Jung/Jeon Clan

Jung Hoseok, Heshuo Qinwang of the Jung Clan-born with the iron-cap privilege:
Nephew of the current Emperor and son of the Princess to the previous Emperor. He is in charge of the Army within the Eight Banners and just like his sister is righteous to all. Doesn't abuse his power and treats everyone fairly. Like his sister, he learned martial arts since young but doesn't use them unless in an emergency. With his royal connections, people were fearful but his bright personality has drawn civilians and won hearts of the people for the Qing Court. If there is no war, he will be donating generously with his sister or travelling around the country to help others. He later marries Eunbi, Princess of the Mongolian Hwang Tribe. Posthumously given the title of De and named Heshuo Defeng Qinwang (和硕德峰亲王)

Jeon Jungkook, Duolo Junwang of the Jeon Clan:
Cousin of Yerin and Hoseok. He is a general of the Royal Guards and doesn't appear as often. He helped solve the case of Mina's letter in Season 1 and is mentioned breifly. Later he marries Eunha, Yerin's right hand servant and is later elevated to a Qinwang. He has a charming face which attracts girls but only has eyes for Eunha, remaining loyal to her, never once sparing glance for any other women. Posthumously elevated as a Heshuo Qinwang and given the name Duo, Heshuo Duoji Qinwang (和硕多基亲王)

Jung Eunha, Junwang Fujin of the Jeon Clan:
Yerin's head servant. Later given the title of Beile Gege by the Emperor and married to Jungkook as the primary consort. Remains loyal and helpful to Yerin even after her marriage. Like Yerin, she is equipped with martial arts and often stands up for Yerin who is kind-hearted. Great friends with Yerin as she served him and later becomes friends with Eunbi of the Hwang Clan. She gives birth to twins Junho and Eunki. Posthumously elevated to Heshuo Gege and titled Heshuo Duoji Qinwang Fujin(和硕多基亲王福晋)

Hwang Eunbi, Xianzhu of the Khalkh Hwang Tribe and later, Qinwang Fujin of the J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter