Chapter 18

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I kneeled before the little buddha statue was placed. I held onto my prayer beads as I muttered a prayer. Jihu helped me light up incense as I took them as I said a prayer. Jihu takes the incense and help me put them in front again.

"Gongju."

I open my eyes as Eunhee bends her knees

"Eunhee, where's Yerim...?"

I watched as Eunhee fidgets before she and Jihu both kneel down.

"Gongju, please cease your anger- this- Hui Gege... she went out..."

"What? Where did she go?"

Eunhee looks up slightly, "This... Hui Gege went out- that- Kang Qinwang told us not to notify you...I'm sorry Gongju..."

I waved my hand, "It's not your fault. Yerim is always been a curious child and has not been in the capital for years now. Now our only concern is where Yerim went."

Thunders were rolling and lightning flashed, Eunhee and Jihu help me as I stand up and walk out as Jung Ho greets me.

"Gongju."

"Jung Ho, quick. Get the men to search for Yerim. It's going to rain soon, I'm worried for her."

Jung Ho bows and then leads some guards away. I held onto my heavy bump as I waited at the manor gates while the servants kneeled to greet me before they opened the door. I sneeze a little as Eunhee helps me wear a cape while Jihu held an umbrella over me.

"Gongju, why not we move in and wait? The rain is getting stronger."

I shake my head, "No... All the more I should search for Yerim, if she's caught in the rain she will get sick." I looked onto the streets as I hold onto my back while Eunhee holds out my hand, supporting me.

"Why isn't there any news?"

Jung Ho runs over, "Gongju, we've searched everywhere but can't find Hui Gege."

I frowned, "Then go look again! Yerim's safety first."

Jung Ho bows but just as he was about to run off, a carriage pulls over in the rain.

"Who's that?"

I recongise Jinyoung, Khan Yugyeom's right-hand man.

"Lord Jinyoung, what brings you-"

I then see Khan Yugyeom come out of the carriage, carrying Yerim bridal style while Yura holds an umbrella over them.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

The servants bend their knees as the eunuchs lowered on one knee, "Greetings to Khan."

I stepped forward, "Yerim, what happened?"

Khan Yugyeom came over, "Ci Gongju, we were caught in the rain for a while."

"Right, Khan please come in." I moved aside as Khan Yugyeom carries Yerim into her room, laying her down on her bed.

"Yura, grab some warm water and help Yerim change. Jihu grab firewood so we can warm the room up.."

"Yes Gongju."

I turned to Yugyeom Khan, "Khan, what's going on-"

"I met Hui Gege on the streets today and we went to the local Teahouse for a meal and some drinks and Hui Gege had more to drink."

"Yerim had a meal with you?"

He nods, "Yea... I promised not to tell but.... Regardless, Ci Gongju please don't be too hard on her. She just wanted to go out and have fun."

I nod as Khan bows.

"I take my leave."

"Jung Ho, see Khan off."

Yugyeom Khan bowed before he follows Jung Ho out. I watched Khan's backview before I walk over to Yerim's bedside as Yura brings over a basin of warm water. I removed the accessories on my fingers, handing it to Eunhee before I dipped my hands and wring the cloth dry. I wiped her face with it as Eunhee looks at me.

"Gongju! Let Eunhee do it."

"No... Eunhee, I'll do it here. Go down and make sure the servants prepare some hangover soup."

Eunhee bends her knees and leaves the room. I smile as I look at Yura.

"Yura."

"Yes, Gongju?"

I smile, "You were with Yerim right?"

"Yes..."

"How did Yerim and Khan look?"

"Gongju, they were enjoying their time together. Khan seemed to tease Gege a lot."

I chuckle, "I see..."

Yura nods as she helps remove Yerim's hair accessories. I helped Yerim remove her outer dress and prepared her for sleep.

I stand up as Yura pulls down the bed curtains after Yerim was tucked to bed, "Yura."

"Yes, Gongju."

"Take care of Yerim well. Make sure she drinks the hangover soup tomorrow."

Yura bends her knees, "I obey your command."

I nod as I turn, at the entrance Jung Ho waited for me and I placed my hand on his forearm while Jihu holds an umbrella over my head.

"Jung Ho."

"Gongju, this lowly one is here."

"How do you see Yerim and Khan?"

Jung Ho smiles, "Hui Gege is naturally charming and she is bubbly while Khan seemed to be upright, however he also has a mischevious side."

I chuckle, "Indeed... Yerim is always bubbly as for Yugyeom Khan, he seemed to be similar. Jihu, do you agree?"

"Gongju, this- Hui Gege's charm is something no one can resist. If the Emperor meets Yerim today, he will surely give in."

"Jihu, you're right... That's why Wang'ye gave into Yerim's request to let her leave the manor."

"This- Gongju..."

I tap her hand, "You spoke nothing but the truth. Thankfully, today she was with Khan. If something significant happened, I won't forgive Taehyung."

Jihu and Jung Ho bow, "Gongju, cease your anger."

I smile as I enter my chamber while Jung Ho brings the umbrella down.

"Gongju."

I nod as Eunhee comes into the room and bends her knees as Jihu helps me change.

"Is the soup ready?"

"Yes, Gongju. We are simmering the soup. It will be ready by the time Hui Gege wakes up."

I nod as I sit before my vanity in my inner top and bottom. I removed my head accessories and tied only my crown hair as I walked over to my bed.

"Gongju, it's late now. You should sleep."

I pat my belly before nodding as Jihu removes my shoe as I lay down while the both of them draw the curtains down.

~Next Day~

"Gongju."

I smile and nod as I prepare myself at the vanity. I had my hair up in a bun held together by some hair stick with flower tassels with a few pins.

"What is it?"

Jihu bends her knees, "Ce'fujin and Beile Gege are ready to greet you."

"Alright, let them know I'll be right there. Also get the eunuch Yeon really wanted to come meet me."

"Yes, Gongju." Jihu bends her knees and then leaves.

I change into a white base sleeve dress with some lotus flowers on top. Eunhee helped me put on a neck scarf as I wear my flower jade tassel. Eunhee supports me as I walk towards the main hall. Jihu walks ahead of me and moves the door tassel as Sana, Sooyoung and Eunha stand up. I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter