Chapter 8

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I was still in the Palace and have not left. Royal Uncle ordered me to stay in the palace until my condition was better. I got to stay at the Palace of Prolonged Happiness, accompanied by Taemin and my servants Eunha, Eunhee, Eunji, Eunmi and Jung Ho. Eunmi and Jung Ho were the main caregivers of Taemin while the remaining three attended to me. There were a few other servants of the Jung Clan who came over as ordered by the Emperor.

"Gege."

Eunha entered with Eunji and they bend their knees to greet me before straightening.

"Gege, you're not well yet."

I smiled I looked at my outfit, I was in my white inner wear which was a fully white bianfu with a dudou underneath it. I looked at my wrist that had Taehyung's bracelet as a gift.

"Gege?"

"I've been laying for days... let me walk around."

I removed my blanket and turned to the side of my bed as Eunha kneeled down and helped me put on my flower bowl shoes while Eunji got a basin of water and a cloth. I took the cloth and washed my face, placing it back in the basin as Eunji retreated. Holding out my hand as Eunha stood up and took it, I sat in front of my vanity.

"Eunha, just do it simple today."

Eunha nods and takes the comb, dipping it in the basin of water with peonies in them. She tied my crown hair into a high bun with some hair down. The hair near my ears were braided. After she was done, I opened my vanity with my accessories, which the maids took with them and wore a peony flower on the side with a butterfly pin inserted into my bun. I smiled as I stood up with Eunha following me as Eunhee came in. They helped me into my top and bottom. Eunha came over with the tray of dress tassels and a neck ribbon that went on top of the dress. Eunhee kneeled down to adjust the dress after she finished buttoning and I picked my dress tassel. Eunha took the dress tasssel while Eunhee took the neck ribbon and helped me wear it. I smiled as I stared in my reflection in the mirror.

"Gege, breakfast is ready."

I turned to see Eunji at the other side of the panel which blocked me from the entrance. Eunha and Eunhee finished dressing me and both stood by the side as I walked out. They both followed me as Eunji bend her knees to greet me.

"I'll go for a walk first."

Eunha took my hand as Eunji and Eunhee followed me. Two servants from the Jung Clan moved the door valence. They bend their knees after the four of us came out, all the servants who were by the door kneeled down before continuing their chores. Taemin who was playing in the front yard of the Main Hall, ran over as he saw me coming out with Jung Ho.

"Greetings to Er'niang."

Taemin kneeled with Jung Ho while Eunha bend her kneels. I reach my hand out to Taemin as he stood up with Jung Ho.

"Taemin, did you rest well?"

He nods, "Er'niang, where are you going?"

"I'm going for a walk, are you joining?"

"Er'niang, can I go and see Brother Daehyun?"

I smile and nod, "Eunmi and Jung Ho follow A-ge."

Taemin smiles and runs off as Eunmi and Jung Ho bowed before following Taemin who ran off to find my cousin, Second Prince Daehyun, who was Duolo Junwang. Technically princes are named Beile since birth but due to his high position the Emperor elevated him to Junwang.

"Gege?"

A sudden cold wind blew and I sneezed.

"Gege, let's go back inside."

I shook my head as Eunha glanced at me.

Eunha turned to Eunji, "Get Gege's cape."

Eunji went back inside and got my cape, she placed it on while Eunhee tied a ribbon. They adjusted my cape before retreating, my hand came out from my coat which Eunha took, in the other hand I held onto my handkerchief.

"Let's go."

I walked with Eunha supporting me as Eunji and Eunhee bend their knees to see me off. I looked around the palace as we walked on the tiled floors. At the entrance of the hall, there was a block which everyone had to step over before entering. I stepped over, followed by Eunha. The red walls of the Forbidden City made it seem so beautiful. I looked up as I heard birds chirping. I walked to the Imperial Garden and stood by the bridge over the Taiye Lake with Eunha next to me. I glanced down at the fishes.

"Sister! Wait for me."

I turned to see some concubines running after each other while holding kites. Their servants followed them.

I smiled unknowingly, "How nice..."

"Gege, what's wrong?"

I turned to Eunha and smiled, "I just miss the sister bond."

Eunha looks at me, "Gege, why are you speaking in this way..."

I shook my head, "I'm just-"

"Gege, you are well and healthy it's just a flu."

I tap my fingers against the back of Eunha's hand that was supporting mine. Her other hand was at my elbow. We kept mum as I glanced at the fishes.

"Eunha, do you think... Taehyung has really changed?"

"Gege, is that-"

"Eunha, you've been with me since I left the Kim's Manor once. Taehyung kicked me out after Jennie manipulated the situation two years ago. I took Taemin back to the Jung's Manor. After a year, he decided to bring me back after my position was revealed as the Heshuo Gege of Gao Qinwang. I am doubtful, does he really love me or is it a political marriage. Did he chase me out to protect me... or?"

"Gege, in my thinking Qinwang chased us out to prevent Lady Jennie from making it difficult for us. If your position was revealed, if Qinwang brought us back, Lady Jennie would not dare to touch us. Plus, didn't Junwang Fujin, Mina mention it before? Qinwang protected you from the fire Lady Jennie caused. Zhu'er you no longer have to worry anymore... Lady Jennie and Lady Momo have been banished from the capital, you no longer have to worry-"

I turned to Eunha, "Doesn't Taehyung have any secondary consorts who will enter with me?"

Eunha nods, "Lady Sooyoung of the Park Clan and Lady Sana of the Minatozaki Clan."

"Do a thorough check on them."

"Yes, Gege."

I turned and walked down the bridge as Eunha continued supporting me.

"Gege, have you accepted the marriage?"

"Even if I'm not ready, I have to accept it. If I disobey the decreed, the entire Jung Clan will be dragged into it including my aunt and Brother Daehyun. I cannot be selfish."

Eunha nods, "I will help you do a check on it."

I smiled as I returned to the Palace of Prolon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter