Chapter 31

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerim's pov]

After eating dinner with sister Yerin, I decided to check on my children. Soon, I will be able to leave the palace and return to the Kang Qinwang Manor.

"Zhu'er!"

I turned as Yura enters the room with a letter.

"What is it?"

"This is a letter from Han Qinwang."

I took the letter and opened it. I slowly read it.

"Khaan has passed on... Wang'ye is set to be the next Khaan."

Yura smiles, "Isn't that good?"

I placed the letter down, "I don't wish to see his brothers suffer anymore... wait if he becomes Khaan..."

"Han Qinwang will have to enter the Forbidden City to greet the Emperor."

I froze, "Yura... tell sister Yerin... tell her we have to leave for the Kang Qinwang manor tomorrow."

"Gege, please calm down! Don't panic. I will tell her."

I shake my head, "No... at least send my children away first. Don't let him see them."

Yura bends her knees and runs out as I walk over and sit down. I coughed as Yubi hands me a cup of tea. I try to take a sip but I spit out the water. Yubi quickly takes the cup from me and pats my back.

"Gege! Gege!"

I kept coughing as Yubi frantically pats my back.

"Gege!"

My world went pitch black.

[Yerin's pov]

I was reading a book while Eunha sat beside me and ate some grapes.

"Don't eat too much grapes. You're going to get sick later."

Eunha giggles, "Fine. Then leave some for Yerim. She loves grapes."

I nod as Yura enters the room and lowers down on one knee, "Greetings to Ci Gongju."

"Rise."

Yura got up as I place my book down.

"Yura, what is it? Does Yerim need something?"

"Ci Gongju, Gege has a request."

I glanced at Eunha before turning back to Yura, "What is it?"

"Gege requested to return to Kang Qinwang Manor tomorrow."

"Did she state why?"

"Han Qinwang has became the next Khaan. Gege doesn't want him to see the children."

I frowned, "Who told her the news?"

Yura kneels down, "Han Qinwang sent a letter into the palace for Gege..."

I sighed as Eunhee helps Yura up. Suddenly, there was a frenzy outsisde.

"What's going on?"

Jung Ho scrambled into the room and kneeled, "Gongju! Gongju! Hui Xianzhu fainted!"

I got up immediately and ran out to Yerim's room with no umbrella or coat.

"Sister Yerin!"

Eunha chased after me as I went into Yerim's room. Yubi was supporting Yerim who was unconsious on the cushioned seat.

"Zhu'er!"

I went over and helped Yerim over to the bed.

"Get the physicians! Quickly!"

The servants bend their knees and scrambled out.

"Eunhee! Get some water. Jihu and Eunmi, go and get some cloth and hot water."

"Yes."

Eunha helps to fan the coal to warm up the room. I held onto Yerim's hand.

"Such an icy feeling..."

Yura kneeled by the bed and looked at Yerim, "Gege..... Gege!"

I shook my head as I held onto Yerim's hand, tears fell out quickly.

"Yerim... nothing must happen to you."

"Gongju, the physician is here."

I turned as I see Physician Akarta and his eunuch who held onto his medical box kneeled.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju-"

"Physician Akarta! Quickly come here and check on Yerim!"

I got up as Eunha and I stood together while the physician took Yerim's pulse and helped insert needles on her face and also arm. He then taps Yerim's arm with two fingers before he took the pulse again. Eunha brings me to the sitting area as Eunhee fans me. I gripped the table anxiously and stand up as I walk around. I sighed before I took a seat before standing up again.

"Gongju, why not take a seat?"

I shake my head as the physician comes over.

"Akarta, how is Yerim?"

"Hui Xianzhu's heart condition is causing her fautige. Prehaps, it will be best for her to leave the palace and rest."

I nod, "Please give me a prescription of the medication Yerim requires. I will let her take them."

"Yes, Gongju."

I walked past the physician and went over to Yerim's bedside as the physician hands the presciption to Eunhee. I looked at Yerim who was unconsious and immediately sighed.

"Yura."

"Yes..."

"Pack up Yerim's items. We will leave the Forbidden City tomorrow."

Eunha comes over, "Sister Yerin..."

"Eunha, we will leave the Forbidden City tomorrow. Make sure everyone packs up and leaves."

"Yes, sister."

I smile before I turn back to glance at Yerim. Through the night, I stayed by her bedside. The next day, I glanced at the servants who lined up outside.

"Gongju, it's time to leave."

"Let all the servants of the Palace of Prolonged Happiness leave together. Get everyone and lock the secret entrance. Demolish its existence."

"Yes, Gongju."

I turned to look at the red walls. I looked up as I see petals. I will leave the forbidden city and return to my manor. Royal Uncle told me I could take anything with me, the apricot trees here will be moved and planted in my chamber. The gardeners have already done it. Now my aim is to investigate Empress Huiyuan's death if I do that while I am in the Forbidden City, it will be difficult.

"Gongju."

I smiled as I opened the curtains in the carriage. All the servants who served in the Palace of Prolonged Happiness were walking as Eunhee, Eunji and Yura formed a line and walked. Jihu, Eunmi, Eunjoo and Yubi walked on the order side of the carriage. The orders walked behind as we left the Forbidden City. Yerim leans against me as she hugs me while Eunha holds my hand.

"Sister Yerin... will Wang'ye come into the capital?"

"Yes, he will."

She smiled, "Sister Yerin... while he comes, please don't let my children be seen. Let them hide somewhere.."

I nod, "I will..."

We reached the manor as Eunbi, Sooyoung and Sana were waiting outside. Yerim came down as Eunbi came over to help her. I glanced at the baby bundle. All of us entered the manor and went to my chamber's main living room. Yura and Yubi helped Yerim to her room so she could rest.

"Sana."

"Yes, Fujin."

"Is this the new child?"

"Yes, Fu'ren."

I smiled, "Has Wang'ye named him?"

"Wang'ye sent a letter and said to name the child Taejoon."

"That's a good name."

Anhe and Yongle came over while they carried two baby bundles.

"Fujin, is this Hui Xianzhu's child?"

I nod as the ladies got up and look at the children.

"All of you, hear my command."

The four ladies lowered down on one knee as the servants keeled.

"When Han Qinwang enters the Capital, no one is to mention the existence of Yerim's children. If anyone mentions it, you are disobeying my command. By then, don't blame me for not having mercy on anyone."

"Yes, Fujin."

I nod as they all got up, "Alright. That is all. All of you go down then."

Eunha and Eunbi went back to their own manors while Sana and Sooyoung returned to their chambers with their servants. I sighed as I leaned back on my chair.

"Zhu'er!"

Eunhee came over and I sighed.

"Gongju, you stayed up all day to guard Hui Xianzhu. Why no rest first?"

I shake my head, "Eunhee. Jihu and Eunmi will serve me alongside you. As for Koyuko, Anhe, Yongle, Deshi, Eiji, Haro and Arjun will be serving too. Right, I remember there were five other female servants who followed us too and one more eunuch."

"Yes, Gongju. There is eunuch Linze alongside him are the members of the Flower Cloud Pavilion servants too Chuhua, Fangsu, Jingju, Jiali and Jiayi. Jingju, Jiali and Jiayi are sisters."

I smiled, "Right... I remember them. Linze was just a beggar back then. Chuhua, Fangsu ran away from marriage and joined us. The three sisters were saved from the forest fire."

"Gongju has such a good memory."

"Alright. They will be under the orders of you and Jung Ho as usual."

Jung Ho enters the room with a bag of items, "Gongju. De Qinwang Fujin sent this over."

I nod, "Leave them here then."

Jung Ho places the items on the table. I opened the items as Jung Ho and Eunhee stood by my side. It was just some makeup and clothes. Just then, I saw a book wrapped around the many items.

"Gongju, is there something special about the book?"

I opened it as an envelope dropped out. Eunhee picks it up and hands it to me as I open it. I took the paper and placed it on the tray Eunhee was holding.

"Who. other than I, will know about the reason she left? Who would know she was under the sword of her own kin? Prehaps, she didn't leave because she was heartbroken but instead broken by her own. (除了我,谁又知她为何离开。谁又知她会败在纯亲的手里。意图谋害福薄。或许,她不是因为伤尽了心,而是被自己人伤了)"

"Gongju..."

I went into deep thought before I looked at the letter again, "There's something different about this letter. The words that are bolded, read out 'Chunyi Fujin'."

Jung Ho and Eunhee read through it again.

"Yes, Gongju..."

Eunhee looks over, "Gongju, prehaps she is hinting something."

"This letter has been well-kept for so long. Even after her death, no one touched the items. It was well-hidden and unless someone flipped through it, no one will probably know what happened. The owner must have wanted us to look through this and take a look."

I looked at the book as I flip to the last page. It was a pendant.

Jung Ho looks at it, "This is...?"

I used my memory and think of it through. A dress floated in my memory

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter