Chapter 30

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I was reading a book as Yubi and Kokuyo suddenly enter the room carrying the two children as Yura keeps the umbrella.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

"What's going on?"

"Gege is praying in her room and doesn't want to be disturbed. She asked to bring the two children to your room in case they smell too much sandalwood."

I get up and carrying the male child Yubi was holding.

"Both of you can go down, guard Yerim from the outside."

Yura and Yubi bend their knees, "Yes, Ci Gongju."

I carry the child and sit down again. Eunhee walks over and checks on the female.

"She's so cute."

I smile and touch the child before handing the child to Anhe who was in the room too. I heard alot of noises outside my palace.

"What's the commotion?"

Eunhee shakes her head and I hold my hand out as I stand up. I walk out of the main area and come out of my chambers, standing at the sheltered area as it snows. Kokuyo and Anhe held onto the children. Deshi, Haro, Eiji and Arjun lowered down on one knee while Yongle and Jihu kneel.

"Rise."

Eunhee grabs an umbrella and holds it over me while Yongle and Haro got umbrellas to hold over Yerim's children. I walk out and step out to my palace gates with the train of servants with Yongle and Haro behind me since they are holding the children. I saw Eunmi holding a tray and kneeling on the floor as a unknown lady steps on her hands with the flower bowl shoes.

"Eunmi!"

I grabbed the lady's hand and push the lady away as the servant next to her catches her.

"You!"

I help Eunmi up and check her hands which had injuries all over it. I frowned.

"Jihu! Bring Eunmi in."

Jihu bends her knees and quickly brings Eunmi in.

"Who are you?"

She looked smug and glanced at me, "I am Consort Ke's Er'niang."

Consort Ke of the Tatara Clan is an old figure already. She has been in the palace for 20 years. She was only made consort this year and is pregnant so her Er'niang is in the palace. However, the Imperial Family is still above them so her actions of bullying and punishing my servants without anyone knowing is a rude action and also shows disrespect.

I smirked, "A mere official's wife dare to climb on my head and bully my servants?"

"What? Do you know who I am? Consort Ke won't let you go."

"Really? Who gave you the guts to step over any servant in the Forbidden City? If they did anything wrong, you are not the one who will punish them."

I walked past her as she stopped me.

"Who are you to lecture me? A mere young lady, how rude can you be."

"Really? If you aren't convinced then let Consort Ke complain to the Emperor. Let's see what will happen."

"You- Vixen!"

She tries to attack me but Eunhee catches her hand and swings it away.

"Lady Tatara has so much guts. To be punishing someone without a decreed in the Forbidden City."

Eunhee dusts me while Jung Ho comes over and helps me. I tilt my head slightly and Jung Ho nods.

"Have a good day ahead, Lady Tatara."

I walk forward and hold out my hand which Eunhee took. I led the train towards the Hall of Mental Cultivation as Jung Ho stood by my side and Eunhee stood on the other.

"Zhu'er. Why did you want to endure the humiliation? I feel bad for you."

Jung Ho smiles, "Eunhee, Gongju is doing this so that Consort Ke can be less proud and have less power. It will also reduce Prime Minister Tatara's power. Furthermore, mocking her title of Gongju, isn't that mocking His Majesty?"

"Zhu'er... but by letting her kick you..."

I smile, "Er'niang will know about what happen. Do you think she will let this matter go?"

"Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju is certainly protective and was always a confidant of the Emperor. Naturally, Zhu'er's injury will be informed to her."

I nod, "Alright. No one mentions this until Er'niang hears of it."

"Yes, Zhu'er."

We entered the Hall of Mental Cultivation. I entered while removing my cape and the circular hand coat before lowering down on one knee while Eunhee, Koyuko and Anhe kneeled.

"Greetings to Royal Uncle. May peace and grace be with you."

"Yerin! Quickly rise."

I smile and get up as I signal Koyuko and Anhe forward.

"Royal Uncle, Royal Uncle! These are Yerim's children."

He chuckles and holds his hand forward as Anhe and Koyuko step forward to look at the kids.

"How cute."

Royal Uncle smiles and nudges their cheeks.

"Such cute kids. Do they have a name?"

I shake my head.

"Alright. Then I will name them personally. Yerin, I have some matters to discuss with you."

I turn to Eunhee and nod as she leads Koyuko and Anhe out.

"What is it Royal Uncle?"

Royal Uncle hands me a memorial that was written in a booklet. I opened it as the paper between it spreads out.

"This is about Minister Tatara of Second Rank under the Ministry Personnel? Isn't it Consort Ke's brother?"

"What do you think?"

"Royal Uncle, such memorials can be taken into account. The part where he has thoughts of rebellion and insolence. They are worthy of execution, however prehaps Royal Uncle can go out and investigate personally."

"Say, how do I leave the palace without anyone knowing?"

I smiled, "Your Majesty can go from the Palace of Prolonged Happiness or Yewon's Palace of Eternal Harmony. Back when the Ming Dynasty was established, the Emperor then build secret passages. Some lead to where the Flower Cloud Pavilion is."

"Right, how's business?"

"It's going well with your command and support."

Royal Uncle nods, "Good."

[Author's pov]

Consort Ke was sitting in her chamber within the Palace of Gathering Elegance. She was already in the 7th month of her pregnancy. Her servant kneeled on the floor to massage her thigh as another female servant was fanning her. Her Er'niang then entered the chamber with another servant supporting her.

"I can't believe it!"

Her mother takes a seat and Consort Ke looks over.

"Er'niang, you went out for a walk. What's wrong?"

"I can't believe it. My good daughter, I only stepped on a servant's hands after she accidentally bumped into me. Her master was furious and insulted me. She said the Emperor won't let me go if he hears of it."

Consort Ke adjusts her nail guards and smirked, "Which Palace does she belong to?"

"She came out of the Palace of Prolonged Happiness."

"Palace of Prolonged Happiness?"

Consort Ke's servants looked at each other before one of them speaks.

"Your Highness... that palace belongs to Heshuo Ci Gongju."

Consort Ke slammed the table, "Er'niang, why did you go and argue with her. Don't tell me the servant you were abusing was Heshuo Ci Gongju's servant!"

"Yes, so what?"

Another servant got nervous, "Your Highness... this- Heshuo Ci Gongju is the daughter of Gaoying Qinwang and-"

"Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju's daughter?"

The servants all nod.

"Zhu'er... in the palace, no one would dare to be rude to her. Even the Empress has to give her face because her Er'niang is the sister of the Emperor. Heshuo Ci Gongju is well-loved in the palace since she grew up here. To calculate... She is a senior figure. She has been here since the previous Emperor was here and has been here ever since the current Emperor took the throne. She has followed the Empress Dowager and Emperor everywhere."

Consort Ke falls back as her Er'niang got nervous.

"Zhu'er!"

"My good daughter, she is ultimately only a Gongju..."

Consort Ke snapped, "Er'niang! I told you not to do anything against anyone in the palace. Her aunt is Noble Consort Quan. Not to mention her Ah'ma and Er'niang are officials who helped the Emperor a lot. First you almost offended Noble Consort Quan, now it is Heshuo Ci Gongju. Her husband is Kang Qinwang. He is a great official who has made great achievements for the Emperor by capturing the Mongolian fields while being the commander of the Plain Red and Bordered Red Banners . Her brother is De Qinwang, the prince who controls the Bordered White and Plain White banners. Jung's Clan are the members of the Bordered Yellow Banner."

"This- What do we do now?"

Consort Ke holds her head as she feels dizzy.

"Zhu'er!"

"Zhu'er!"

"My good daughter nothing must happen to you. The child in your stomach is our saviour!"

Consort Ke held onto her tummy and panted heavily.

[Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju's pov]

I frowned and entered the palace with Eunbyul supporting me as my nail guards clinked as there were six female servants behind me in rows of two by threes with six male eunuchs. I sighed in anger as I walk over to the Hall of Mental Cultivation.

"Gongju, let's walk slowly. Don't be too rushed."

"How can I? This Tatara is too much. Climbing over my head and even bullying Yerin now."

Eunbyul hands me my hand warmer and I take it as I hold it close.

"Gongju, actually... Ci Gongju also knows how to fend for herself."

"This Yerin is really kind. Back then, I taught her how to treat people well and her Ah'ma taught her martial arts. Now she won't know which to use anymore. Kindness or power."

Eunbyul chuckles, "Gongju. From what I see, Ci Gongju knows her limits. She can't go against the Empress but she can use words to suppress the Empress."

I smirked, "The Empress has indeed been too much recently. First she almost forced a consort to jump off after ripping off her clothes forcefully and humiliating the consort, now she is bullying my daughters. With such an Empress around, how will the inner harem be disciplined properly."

"Thankfully, the Empress Dowager sees it all. If not, the entire inner harem would really be a mess."

"After we see the Emperor, let's go spend time with Royal Mother. It's been a while."

Eunbyul nods as we reach the Hall of Mental Cultivation. I entered with Eunhee while the train of servants waited outside. I entered the room as Eunbyul kneels. I lower down on one knee.

"Greetings to Your Majesty."

"Sister! What brings you here?"

The Emperor gets up quickly and helps me up as he leads me to sit down.

"What brings you here sister? It's been a while since you entered the palace."

I smile, "Yerin is now in the palace so I came here to visit you but first I came to greet you. Later on, I'll go and find Er'niang. I heard she is causing a lot of trouble recently"

"Don't say that sister, she is just righteous. If not for you and Gaoying Qinwangg for raising her well, I think certain things that happen in the Inner harem wouldn't be brought up. I can't say it's bad because she is actually standing up for people."

"Back then, it was because Yewon was alone in the palace and Taehyung was away guarding the borders. You wanted Yerin to enter the palace so Yewon coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter