Chapter 12

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I was sitting in my room as I held a book in my hand when Taemin entered with Jung An.

"Greetings to Er'niang." Taemin kneeled down with Eunmi.

I smiled as I placed my book down as Eunha bend her knees.

"Taemin-ah," I held my hand up as Taemin grabbed my hand and stood on the stepping stool to my highchair, "Did you have fun in the palace with your Ah'ma?"

Taemin smiled brightly, "Ah'ma was so great at archery. He even taught me how to aim properly. He said, 'The wealth we have today as the Kimgiya Clan ruling the Qing Dynasty is due to our great archery skills.' So I have to learn it properly."

I smile and carrass his head, "You seemed to have fun with your Ah'ma today."

Taemin nods, "Taemin loves Ah'ma the most!"

I chuckle as I turn to Eunmi, "Take A-ge down for a nap."

Taemin turns back to me, "I take my leave, Er'niang."

I nod as Eunmi bends her knees and then brings Taemin to his chamber.

"Fu'ren," Eunha holds out a cup of tea with both hands.

I took the cup and stirred the tea with its lid before placing the cup down, "Eunha, don't you think something is wrong in Joseon...?"

"Fu'ren, this servant does not understand what you mean."

"Yewon is the Queen of Joseon, she and the King have been in love for so many years yet all of a sudden when Consort Jieun enters... the King forgot about his love with Yewon. All of this, seems as if there was some witchcraft involved. Also, this Consort Jieun... her background is not known within the palace."

Eunha was about to answer me when Eunhee ran in.

"Fu'ren! Fu'ren!" Eunhee bend her knees before continuing, "Lady Sooyoung's water broke!"

I stood up immediately as Eunha supported me, "What? Isn't it only the 8th month?"

Eunhee nods, "The servants said that Lady Sooyoung got into shock- the nannies are in her chamber."

I immediately rushed over to Sooyoung's room with my attendants. I arrived and saw a couple of servants were carrying basins of hot water and came out with bloodied water and cloths. The traffic of servants was endless. I entered with Eunha as I see Sooyoung laying on her bed with a cloth over her body to cover her. She screamed as she desperately tried to push. Physicians were making medication at the side while nannies wiped the blood that came out of her.

"Lady Soonyoung, push! Almost there! The head is crowning."

I stood anxiously as Sana approached me and bend her knees. We nod as we stood behind the veiled bed chamber. Just then, a loud yet delicate cry came about.

"A girl! It's a girl!"

I smiled and walked over as Eunha moved the veil while I entered with Sana followed by Eunha and Riyu. The nannies wrappe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter