Chapter 25

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taebi's pov]

I smiled as I see brother Taemin speaking with brother Yeon as Ilmin was talking to Hoya.

"Brother Taemin! Brother Yeon!"

They all turned as I run up to them with Kayo.

"Taebi, be careful."

I smiled, "Brother Taemin, how was class?"

He smiles, "It's alright."

Brother Yeon looks at me, "How was it?"

I glance to the side as I see a servant sneaking on us.

"Let's return to the manor first. It's dangerous to speak here."

They all nod and we got on the carriage. I move the curtain and made eye contact with the servant who sneaked in on us as the servant cowers. I smirk and close the curtain back again. We reach the Kang Qinwang Manor and I nod.

"Gege, we've reach."

I got off the carriage as the brothers come down too.

"Let's go in and play."

They all nod and we walk over to the side hall near the room where all the children stay. I took a seat on a stool as brother Taemin and brother Yeon sat on the higher seats while Ilmin and Hoya sat beside me.

"Taebi, did it go well?"

I smile and nod, "Brother Yeon. You should enter the palace with Ilmin and Yeji too. Find Royal grandfather."

He listens to my plan and turns to brother Taemin, "What for?"

Brother Taemin smiles, "Because you have Lady Yewon to help you. If the three of you enter and discreetly speak about it. Lady Eunbi will be saved."

"Ah, I see."

Hoya fidgets, "Will my Er'niang be alright?"

I smile, "Today, I tried to mention about Heshen and Baur to Royal great grandmother."

Ilmin turns, "Sister Taebi, will Royal great grandmother be angered though?"

"Royal great grandmother may be suspicious but she won't hold it against me because it's true that both officials have too much power."

Hoya turns, "Sister Taebi. Are you sure it will work?"

I nod, "It will. Plus, Yerin Er'niang is also looking for clues. Sister Yerim and Aunt Eunha, Er'niang and Sana Er'niang are all helping. Ilmin, you go to Aunt Eunbi's manor and go stay there."

Brother Yeon nods, "How will it help?"

"Brother Yeon, Lady Yewon is someone who cannot be touched. Her identity is very special to the Imperial Family and the people of Qing who remember her. Right now, De Qinwang Manor is dangerous. Without you guys, anyone will tear down the manor. Yerin Er'niang can protect us but who will protect them?"

Ilmin nods, "Brother Yeon, Yerin Er'niang helped us a lot. We should go over and help her."

Brother Yeon nods, "Yerin Er'niang...? She has cared for us a lot..."

I nod as I look out the window.

[Yerin's pov]

I sit in the dining hall of a inn as I drink some tea. I was alone with only a flute in hand.

"Recently, we have not gotten enough food. The Imperial Court is too much."

"With this much food, how can we survive?"

I grip onto the teacup as I got up and walked out of the inn towards the forest. I smirked as I felt people following me into the forest. I stood in the middle as a few men surrounded me. I smiled as I found the person I needed to find, the servant of Baur.

"It's you."

The servant looks at me as I helped her run off.

"Ci Gongju... Ci Gongju.... Please forgive me."

"Tell me what happened."

The servant smiled, "De Qinwang Fujin... she was conspired.... Heshen wanted to use her as a way to threaten the 49 flags of Mongol Tribes. Baur was sacrified in the stead. This... this is the evidence Heshen is after...."

I nod as the servant hands me a paper.

"After them!"

I turned as a bunch of men ran in our direction. I helped the servant up.

"Quickly!"

"Ci Gongju, just leave me behind. I am just a lowly servant..."

I smirked as we got surrounded. I smile as I can see them through my viel. I played a melody on my flute as they start to attack me together. I smirked and flew up as I cut them using the blade from the sword hidden in my flute. They fall to the ground as my skirt flies while I spin. I jump up the swords they use and guide the blades as they stab each other. Just then Flower guards on their way back to the capital come and help hold the men down, all the men collapsed one by one.

"Mistress this-"

I held my hand up, "I knew this would happen. But they didn't know that they left something..."

I picked up a token and smiled, "I'm guessing they have predicted that they will be caught and want to let the mastermind be known."

The Flower guards bow, "Greetings to Mistress."

"Alright. Let us return to the capital... Two of you get a doctor for the girl there."

Two of the Flower Guards lowered themselves on one knee as they cup their fist, "Yes Mistress."

I kept the token and adjusted the veil hat before I spin and fly up to move on the trees as the flower guards follow me. On my way there, we meet Eunhee.

"Gongju!"

I nod as she holds onto a scroll. We reach the capital in two weeks. The day the execution is happened.

[Eunbi's pov]

I smiled as I kneeled on the execution platform. I looked at the civilians who whispered.

"How can you kill the Gongju without evidence?"

"That's right! We want the correct people to be punished! Not just some scapegoat."

The official who sat behind me to overlook the execution slammed the table, "Quiet Down! This is an order!"

"Bring the mastermind!"

The civilians chanted and I smiled. Er'niang ran over with Eunha who supported her.

"Who dares to stop the execution process?"

"Who dares to stop me?"

"Greetings to Ji Gongju!"

Er'niang runs over, "Eunbi.... you've suffered."

I smiled with tears in my eyes, "Er'niang... this life, it was too short for me to be your daughter. In my next life, I will be a better daughter, a much more filial one. Don't tell Hoya and Harim...."

"Eunbi, no. Nothing will happen to you."

"Alright. Time for the execution! Drag those who don't belong here away!"

"Sister Eunbi!"

I smiled and lower my foreheead on the ground as much as I can with my hands tied behind me.

"Start the execution."

"No! Don't execute De Qinwang Fujin."

I smile towards the citizens as they all protest. I closed my eyes, awaiting my fate....

[Yerin's pov]

"Royal Uncle! Royal Uncle!"

"Yerin?"

I run in and present all the evidence, "Royal Uncle, please spare Eunbi! She is not guilty of these." I quickly kneeled down

"Heshen..."

"Royal Uncle, you can deal with Heshen later. If Harim and Hoya lose their Er'niang because of someone who wants to conspire against you, aren't we letting them take over the Royal Uncle's job and also falling into a trap at the same time offending the 49 Flags of the Mongolian Tribes?"

"Alright. Here, the decreed."

"Royal Uncle, I'll read your decreed at the execution platform. I'll get there fast."

I run down from the palace as I handed the evidence to Royal Uncle. He immediately wrote a decreed and I hold onto the dragon scroll which I hid in my sleeves as the flower and cloud guards follow me. I adjusted my hat with a veil as I jump over the buildings and throw my shuriken as the execution was about to proceed. The shuriken hit the huge blade the muscular executioner was carrying and knocked it off.

"Who are you? How dare you interrupt the execution."

"Executing someone without proper evidence. Don't you think you're too much?"

"What? Who are you to talk to a government official like that? Men arrest her?"

The flower and cloud guards form a circle around Eunbi and I to block the Imperial guards.

"What? Take them down."

Guards surrounded us as I took out the Flower Cloud Pavilion token which had a pink flower and blue clouds.

"What are you doing take them down!"

None of the guards move.

I waves my hand, "Step down!"

The imperial guards move back as the official was frightened.

"Who are you?"

I kept the pendant and moved the veil to reveal my face and smiled as the official kneeled down.

"Greetings to Heshuo Ci Gongju."

"Who would've thought an official will have the guts to push my Er'niang off the steps and order an execution before the time promised."

"Heshuo Ci Gongju."

I turned to a flower guard, "Release De Qinwang Fujin."

"Yes, Mistress."

"This... Ci Gongju. The execution."

I took out the dragon scroll, "This is the Emperor's decreed!"

All civilians kneeled as Er'niang and Eunha also kneeled. I opened it.

"The Emperor, who according to God's orders. Obey Heaven's will. De Qinwang Fujin, who has been falsely accused of being the mastermind behind the Mongol rebels is pardonned of execution. Along with the Empress Dowager's compassion, on this day the 32nd Year of Emperor Junhui's reign, she is elevated as Junzhu on her previous title. First born son, Hoya is to be the Shizi of De Qinwang while Harim will be given the title of Xianzhu. His Majesty will also conduct a thorough investigation on this incident and give an answer to the Khalkh Hwang Tribe. Khin this."

Eunbi stacks her palms and touches her forehead on the ground, "Thank you for your mercy, Your Majesty."

I smile and fold the scroll in half as she takes it in both hands. Sohee runs up and help Eunbi stand up.

"Sister Yerin... thank you."

"Eunbi, you were a victim. If you did conspire all these, you would not be able to escape. So will the mastermind."

The three officials who overlook the execution were kneeling as I signal the civilians up as Er'niang gets up with Eunha's help as Eunbyul and Eunji stand up behind them.

"All civilians please rise."

They all got up and smiled.

"His Majesty is just!"

I smile, "The victims in this case will be released. The Emperor will run a thorough check on the mastermind and give everyone an answer."

The civilians clap and I turn to Eunbi, "Sohee, bring Eunhee down to rest. Eunha, bring Er'niang back to the manor."

I moved into the place where officials judge people and have a trial. I sat on the desk as the three officials tremble. The Flower guards stood beside them with the Cloud guards behind them. Citizens gathered and could watch from outside.

I turn to the three officials who were kneeling.

"Why tremble? You did nothing wrong. Except tried to push my Er'niang off the execution platform while she tried to comfort Eunbi and you also almost caused the Imperial family to lose a Fujin and Er'niang. It can all be overlooked because you were serving justice."

"Heshuo Ci Gongju, please have mercy."

I smirked, "Mercy? Tell me what did you do wrong?"

"Ci Gongju, please have mercy! We didn't now you came and almost wronged you!"

"You didn't know I came... then what if it was a civilian who came to you asking for mercy, pleading for someone they deem important. Will they be kicked into jail or executed alongside the accused."

"Heshuo Ci Gongju!"

I slammed the table, "Who gave you the rights to chase citizens away? I have heard rumours for a while now but decided to overlook it because I thought it was purely rumours because people wanted to disrupt the order of the country. Now that I see it, it seems like you are the ones trying to corrupt the Imperial Family."

"We dare not! Heshuo Ci Gongju."

"Cloud Guards. Send them before the Emperor."

"Yes, Mistress."

Cloud guards form a row of two and drag the three of them down.

"Bring the records of the people who are in the prison. I want to check all of them properly in case there are records of the innocent people inside."

Civilians outside cheer, "Heshuo Ci Gongju! Thank you!"

I smiled and nod as the civilians dispersed while I flip through the records as Eunhee returns and kneels.

"Gongju!"

"Eunhee. The children, where are they?"

"Gui Junwang is in the De Qinwang Manor with Heji Gongju. Both of them went there to guard the manor alongside Taeun Gege. Rui Junwang and An Xianzhu are with Ji Gongju."

I nod as I take out a piece of paper as Eunhee gets up and helps me grind the inkstone as I dip the brush into the inkstone to pick up some ink. I summon the people who were falsely accused and release them. One by one, families came to pick them up. Until there was a grandfather. He was about to kneel.

"Greetings to-"

"Eunhee, quickly help him up. Jung Ho! Grab a chair."

"Yes, Gongju."

"Thank you, Heshuo Ci Gongju."

I smile as I look at his sentencing.

"Grandpa, you were here because you stole bread?"

"Yes... indeed."

"What for?"

He smiles sadly, "A old man like me who has been abandoned by all. After my partner died, my children all left. I didn't have money on me because they took it all. What am I supposed to do when I didn't have money..."

I let out a tear and came forward to help the grandpa up, "Grandpa. I will release you."

"Heshuo Ci Gongju... I like it here. Without money, the prison cell provides me food and also a place to sleep."

I turn to Eunhee, "Prepare some taels and warm clothing. Also find a small hut for this grandpa first."

"Yes, Gongju."

"Thank you Ci Gongju!"

I stop the grandpa from kneeling, "Grandpa, I know your gratitude. You don't have to bow."

A Cloud guard came and the grandpa away. I frown as I watch his backview before I place the veil back to cover my face as Eunhee and Jung Ho follow me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter