Chapter 6

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Eunbi's pov]

We returned to the Hwang's Manor and I sat in my room with Sohee helping me sit down while Somin prepared tea.

"Zhu'er, is something wrong? You've been so red since we came back from the Jung Manor."

My face blushed again as soon as I remembered that kiss.

"Zhu'er?"

I turned to glance at Sohee, "Sohee... when a guy kisses you what does that mean?"

Somin interrupted, "Zhu'er, someone kissed you?"

I nodded.

"No wonder~"

I glanced at Somin who was smirking.

"What...?"

"Zhu'er, a guy who kisses you can only mean two things. Either he likes you and can only confess his love or he could see you as a plaything."

I hesitated at the second point, "Plaything..."

Somin kneeled down immediately, "Zhu'er, I lost my manners! Forgive me."

"No... Somin, get up."

Sohee helped Somin up.

I sighed and got the teacup, "Right... it's not real."

"Zhu'er... Are you speaking about Qinwang?"

I glanced as Soobin brings in Angkko and smiles, "Right."

Somin smiles, "Zhu'er, Qinwang is nice to you and I can see he likes you."

"Who knows..."

I sighed and pet Angkko who was in my lap.

[Yerin's pov]

I woke up in a daze and felt someone holding onto my hand. My eyes blurry as I turned.

"Zhu'er..."

I turned to see Eunha who bend her knees slightly with Eunhee behind her, carrying a basin of water.

"Zhu'er, you're awake."

I got up slowly with Eunha's help

"Eunha... how long have I slept?"

"Zhu'er, Qinwang took care of you day and night without resting..."

"Taehyung? Where is he?"

Eunha bends her knees, "Qinwang left this morning after receiving an order to join the court meeting."

I nod as Eunji entered and kneeled, "Zhu'er, A-ge is here."

I smiled after changing and walked out to the garden to see Taemin, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

Taemin kneeled down with Jung Ho, "Taemin greets Er'niang."

I smiled and took his hand as I help him stand up, "Stand up Taemin."

"Er'niang, this is for you."

Taemin smiled so bright, I squat down to his eye level and then took the flowers.

"So beautiful~"

"Do you like it Er'niang?"

"I like anything you give me Taemin."

I stood up and hand the flowers to Eunha, "Place them in a vase."

Eunha bends her knees and hands the flowers to Eunhee who took them inside. Taemin held onto my hand and I smiled.

"Er'niang..."

"Are you hungry?"

Taemin shook his head and looked behind me.

"Taemin, let's go and eat first?"

Taemin nods and then follows me to the main hall where brother is eating.

Brother Hoseok looks up and smiles as he leads Taemin to the table as the servants who were serving brother kneeled.

"Greetings Gege."

I smiled and took a seat as Eunha helped me.

"Stand up then."

The servants stood up and continued serving us. Eunha scooped some rice and helped me get some side dishes. I picked up the side dishes and fed Taemin.

"Taemin, come here!"

I smiled as Taemin sat down while I fed him, he took a bite before running off to get her toy.

"Brother, I told you that it is not a good idea to eat with us yet you insist on it."

Brother waves it off, "It's alright, I need to see Taemin for a while before returning to the front lines of the war."

I sighed and glanced at Taemin, feeding him a bite.

"How long will you be gone?"

Brother shakes his head, "Unsure, but after I return I have to have my own manor."

I nod, as Taemin took the final bite before he sat down at a chair, reading a prayer book while with Jung Ho and two other maids beside him.

"Yerin, let's talk."

Brother Hoseok looked so serious.

"Bring A-ge outside to play."

Jung Ho bows, "Yes, Gege."

I watched as Taemin walked out.

Brother sighs, "Yerin... I will be leaving to the war for a long time. Until then, you will be in-charge of the manor, assisting Ah'ma and Er'niang."

I nod, "Yes, Brother."

"Yerin..."

I looked up, "Yes?"

"What about you and Taehyung?"

"Brother?"

"What about you and Taehyung? You know you have to do something about Taemin. He needs a fatherly figure."

"Not now. Not until the Jung's Manor is ready."

Brother nods, "Alright. I'm preparing to leave for the Palace."

I stood up with Eunha's help and I did a deep squat while Eunha kneeled, "See you off brother!"

Brother walks off with his servant and I held out my hand with Eunha took as we both stood up.

"Zhu'er... what will you do now?"

I sighed as Eunji, my servant entered.

"Zhu'er."

She bend her knees and I smiled, "What is it?"

Eunji straightened up, "General Han sent some gifts to the manor, he said its a gift for Lao'ye."

"Bring them to the hall."

I watched as Eunji turns and then leaves as Eunha glanced at me, "Zhu'er... the gifts-"

I smiled, turning to Eunha, "What do you think about it?"

"I do not know Zhu'er."

I glanced at Eunha as I stood up. Eunji came in with Eunhee and Eunmi behind her, they held onto boxes, "Zhu'er. I have brought the gifts."

"Let's see them."

Eunji bends her knees as Eunha helps open the boxes. I held out my hand as they placed the gifts on the table.

"These are...?"

Eunji gestures to each gift, "Zhu'er, these are the gifts that General Han sent and these two are from Noble Consort Jing. General Han sent some ruyi scepture and Noble Consort Jing sent in some Agate stones from the Han's clan and some silk."

I smiled as Eunha took my outreached hand and led me to my seat, "Using these gifts as an excuse to let Ah'ma say good things around Royal Uncle, the Emperor. General Han and Noble Consort Jing would want Ah'ma to put in good words for the First Prince, his nephew in court. Noble Consort Jing has been wanting her son to ascend as Crown Prince one day. Now they have made their move, how smart."

Eunhee looks at me, "Zhu'er, but if we reject those gifts... would Noble Consort Quan be in danger then?"

I sighed thinking about Noble Consort Quan, my aunt, Junwang Gege of the Jung Clan. She was married into the Emperor's manor when the Emperor was still a Qinwang as a secondary consort. She was granted the title 'Quan' which was our Jung's pride and given the position of Noble Consort. As the Jung's clan is one of the powerful clans in the country, we are able to monopolize the court and the inner harem with our members. Father is a Prince of First Rank, Qinwang and accepted as one of the members of the royal family thus brother and I are part of the royal family.

"Zhu'er?"

I smiled while glancing at the four of them, "With Ah'ma still holding a high position as Qinwang and brother also continued his Qinwang position. Even if the Han Clan has some unhappiness, Noble Consort Jing would not dare to do anything against aunt. But... these days it seems like the Han's Clan has been trying to up to the generals in court."

Eunmi nods, "Zhu'er, I have checked. Recently the Primary Consorts and Secondary Consorts who have entered the palace to greet the inner harem. Noble Consort Jing has always given them so much gifts and General Han, the First Prince has treated the ministers in court with generosity. All these to exchange for good words in the court for the First Prince."

I smirked while glancing at these gifts, "We might not be the only one who received these gifts..."

Eunha nods, "It seems like so."

"Keep the gifts in the store for now, we will bring them along when we enter the Palace to greet the emperor."

The four bend their knees, "Yes, Zhu'er."

I nod as they took the boxes with Eunha leading them.

(Time skip... 2 days later)

I smiled as Eunhee entered the room with my accessories as I was changed by Eunji and Eunmi.

"Eunhee, place the accessories down, ensure that A-ge has changed."

Eunhee places the tray down and bend her knees before walking out. Eunji held my hand as Eunmi took the tray of accessories and sat me down in front of my vanity.

"Do my makeup lightly."

Eunji nods as she does my makeup while Eunji comes my hair by dipping my comb into a basin of rose water. Eunji then ties my hair up into a bun, I held onto the braid she made as she arranged my bun before letting the braid go around my bun, holding it with a hairstick and a flower hairpin. Eunji takes some light blush and brushes it across my cheeks and applies some lip colouring onto my lips. Eunji and Eunmi stopped as I held out my hand which Eunmi took. I stood up and wore my court robe, which was necessary when entering the palace. and the dress tassel followed by a pair of earrings. 

"Zhu'er, A-ge is ready."

I nod as I held out my hand which Eunmi took as Eunji followed behind Eunmi towards the carriage where Taemin waited. Eunha and Eunhee kneeled down with Jung Ho and two other female servants.

"Stand up."

Eunha straightened up and took my arm as Eunmi and Eunji stood by the side of the carriage. Eunhee and Jung Ho stood on the other side. Eunha helped me get onto the carriage, followed by Taemin. The carriage started and Eunha walked by the side with Eunhee behind her.

"Er'niang, are we going to the palace?"

I nod, "But remember, when we go there you must be courteous to all the people you see, even the servants."

Taemin nods, "Yes, Er'niang. I will listen to you."

"Er'niang always taught you to be kind right? Servants or the nobles, poor or rich. We all deserve the same treatment, remember all the hardwork mafa did for us to get the Jung's clan its prestige. It took two generations to build our fortune but we mustn't take it for granted."

"I got it, Er'niang."

I smiled and carrassed his head as the carriage stopped.

"Zhu'er! We have reached."

I smiled and moved the curtain that covers the carriage entrance as Jung Ho gets a step for me to get down from the carriage.

The two guards at the entrace greet me by doing a side squat, "Greetings, Qinwang Gege."

"Greetings to you too."

I smile as I held my hand out to help Taemin down.

"Greetings, Duolo Junwang."

Taemin smiles and bows to them, "G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter