Chapter 42

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Tzuyu's pov]

Since it's the Emperor's funeral, Khun has been asked to return to the capital to attend the ceremony. I sat down in my room with Kamala who was playing with a small drum.

"Ce'fujin, Shizi is here."

I looked up as Khun enters the room and bows, "Lady Tzuyu."

"You're back."

He nods as he pats Kamala's head.

"Khun, have you been back to your manor?"

"Yes... Lady Tzuyu, about Taebi..."

I looked at him, "You should head to the Kang Qinwang Manor to apologise to Sister Yerin and ask for Taebi back from Lady Sooyoung."

"This is my fault, Lady Tzuyu... I caused trouble for you."

"I know you liked Taebi ever since you were young. About that Gingjiya Clanswoman... Khun, I'm not your mother nor do I have any kind of power or authority over you to lecture you. However, you should know what to do. You kneeled before the previous Emperor to ask him for Taebi's hand in marriage. Taebi is indeed the previous Emperor's niece and also of the Kimgiya Clan. She gave up her dignity to marry you because you promised her your love for her will last an eternity. Don't disappoint her."

Khun lowers down on one knee, "Lady Tzuyu... I will do as you say, but the Gingjiya Clanswoman.."

"Don't worry too much about her for now."

"Yes, Lady Tzuyu..."

I smiled, "Fine. We can go over to the manor together then. Besides, sister Yerin hasn't been able to see Kamala since sister Mina left."

Khun nods as I held out my hand and got up. Jina followed the three of us as we walked to the Kang Qinwang Manor.

[Yerin's pov]

I was sitting in my room playing chess on my own as Eunhee enters the room with tea for me while Eunmi fanned me.

"Gongju."

I turned as Jung Ho entered the room, "Gongju. Jun Qinwang Ce'fujin is here along with Rong Junwang."

"I'll meet them at the main hall."

Jung Ho nods as I got up and walk to the main hall, taking my seat as Eunhee and Eunmi stood by my sides. Tzuyu came in with Khun and she bend her knees while Khun lowered on one knee.

"Greetings to Kang Qinwang Fujin."

I smiled, "Alright. Get up then."

Tzuyu takes a seat while Khun stood before me and bowed.

"Forgive me, Mother. I didn't take care of Taebi well and almost lost her."

I frowned a little but then shake my head, "I don't think you should be apologising to me, Khun."

Khun looked up in confusion and I smiled.

"I'm not Taebi's mother. So your apology, I'll take it as an apology for making the daughter of Kang Qinwang suffer. However, I believe you should apologise to Sooyoung instead. She is the mother of Taebi while I am just the legitimate mother. She gave birth to Taebi after carrying her for ten long months and it took her a lot to bring Taebi into this world. If anything, she is the one who loves Taebi the most in this world." I looked up and smiled, "With that said, I think you should go and greet Sooyoung. I understand you might find it weird in your position but in the Kang Qinwang manor, I never see a difference in my children and I treat all of them the same."

Khun nods and then bows, "I will go now."

I wave my hand out, "Jung Ho, guide Rong Junwang to Lady Sooyoung's room."

Jung Ho nods and then leaves with Khun, guiding him out. I then see Kamala and smile.

"Who do we have here?"

Tzuyu smiles as she lets Kamala down.

"Kamala, this is your Mother Mina's friend. She was there when you were born."

I smiled as I stand up and pat Kamala's head, "She looks just like Mina when she was young... now Yeji, Yeeun all remind me of them. Taeun sometimes, when I see them together with Harim, Eunki. It reminds m of when we were all playing together."

Tzuyu smiles, "Lady Yerin. Don't fret. We will all meet one day."

"Indeed we will."

I smiled as I looked at Tzuyu, "Alright. I think you can bring Kamala to play with Yeeun. Yeji and Taeun came over with Harim and Eunki today. I believe you will have fun."

Tzuyu nods as she then leaves with Kamala and Jina.

"Gongju."

I smiled, "It reminds me of the good old days whenever I see our children playing together. The resemblance..."

Eunmi and Eunhee smile as they look at me.

"Right, tonight. We will enter the palace again. Wang'ye is currently in the palace overnight these days. Make sure someone goes over and take a look. Mother will be leaving with Royal Grandm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter