Chapter 40

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Tzuyu's pov]

I was playing with sister Mina's daughter. Her name is Kamala and she is one years old now. I sighed as I recalled sister Mina. She is so similar to sister Mina. Kamala is currently served by Arim and Aimi.

"Ce'fujin!"

I looked up as Jina enters the room.

"What is it?"

She looks anxious and I look at Kamala in my arms.

"Let Kamala Gege take a nap."

Arim nods, "Yes, Lady Tzuyu."

I smiled as I watch Kamala slowly walk out with the Arim and then turn to Jina.

"What is it?"

"Ce'fujin, I have news. Today, Rong Junwang Fujin was brought back to the Kang Qinwang Manor under Kang Qinwang Fujin's order. Kang Qinwang Fujin barged into the manor and demanded to seek treatment for Rong Junwang Fujin."

"What happened to Taebi? How come no one told us that Taebi is sick?"

Jina continues, "Ce'fujin, apparently the Gingjiya Clanswoman who was in charge of the manor was overstepping her boundaries. Ever since, Rong Junwang left the capital for his work five months ago, she has been neglecting food and clothes for the Fujin. Ever since then, all of the servants neglected Fujin too. If not for Kayo and Ji Hwan who notified the Fujin, there would've been a huge problem."

I slammed the table, "That stupid wretch. Who gave her the right?"

Jina kneels down, "Ce'fujin, cease your anger."

"Prepare the carriage. I'm heading down to the Rong Junwang Manor."

Jina brings me my cape and arm muffs as I walk out to the entrance. Kyet saw me and bows.

"Er'niang."

I smiled, "Kyet. Get up."

"Er'niang, where are you going?"

"I'm heading down to Rong Junwang Manor to visit Taebi."

Kyet smiles, "Khun hasn't been in the capital for a while. It's normal for Er'niang to worry about Taebi."

I nod, "Alright. Next month, your brother is coming back. Make sure you find time to go have a talk with him."

Kyet nods, "Er'niang, I'm going to find Junho."

I smile, "Go on then."

He bows and then walks out of the manor while I get on my carriage. The carriage started moving and arrived at the Rong Junwang Manor. I entered the Rong Junwang Manor as the housekeeper greeted me.

"Greetings to Jun Qinwang Ce'fujin."

I nod, "Where is Taebi?"

"This... Fu'ren..."

I turned, "I asked you a question."

"Fu'ren, this..."

I walked to the main hall of the manor and took a seat on the main seat.

"Go and get the ."

The housekeeper nods as I waited as Jina handed me my handwarmer. The came and bend her knees.

"Rong Junwang Gege of the Gingjiya Clan, greets Jun Qinwang Ce'fujin."

I looked at the housekeeper, "Housekeeper Li, if you don't want to work anymore just tell me. I will change the person. I asked for the Rong Junwang Fujin, not the ."

Housekeeper Li kneels, "Ce'fujin.. I dare not, the wanted to come in the stead of the Fujin."

Wei was angry, "What nonsense are you spouting? You said that the Ce'fujin was asking for me!"

I waved my handkerchief, "Oh? So the now thinks that she is the Fujin?"

The housekeeper speaks, "Ce'fujin... Rong Junwang Fujin is not in the manor currently. She was brought back by Kang Qinwang Fujin."

"Really? What happened?"

Wei speaks, "Kang Qinwang Fujin barged into the manor using the guards that belong to Gao Qinwang and took Rong Junwang Fujin away. Ce'fujin, you need to take our side."

I smile, "I don't take sides. I choose justice. From the past few interactions I've had with sister Yerin, she isn't someone who does things in a rash. So tell me how you offended Kang Qinwang Fujin for her to act this way."

"This...."

I interrupted her, "I heard you denied Taebi of proper food and clothing. Why is that so? Are you trying to harm her so you can be the next Fujin?"

"Ce'fujin, you can't accuse me this way."

"Accusation or not, you know it in your heart. A mere Zongnu, how dare you deny Taebi of treatment?"

Wei looked up, "Zongnu? Even though I'm a Zongu, I am still a legitimate daughter. It's still better than an illegitimate daughter."

I looked at her, "Oh, really? What a pity though... a legitimate daughter became illegitimate and the illegitimate because legitimate. It's so funny."

"Ce'fujin. All in all, I am the female master of this manor."

"No, you're not. I didn't see an imperial decree that elevated you to Step-Fujin."

"Lady Tzuyu, you're not the Step-Fujin either. We are the same."

I chuckled, "There is one thing that seperates us. That is humility. I don't want to become the Step-Fujin because I know sister Mina is irreplacable. Furthermore, it is just a way for the people to know that I am a replacement. Sister Mina is forever the Fujin of Jun Qinwang and the only mother Rong Junwang needs to pay respect to."

Wei smirks, "Ce'fujin, so you have thought of it before."

I smiled, "I treat that sister Mina is still alive and well. Therefore in this life, I will not take her spot nor will anyone else marry in to fill up the spot of Fujin. I take care of the manor because that was what sister Mina asked me to care for before she left."

She looked at me and kept silent as I waved my hand.

"Zongnu of the Gingjiya Clan, rude to the Fujin. Since she likes to be treated like the female master of the manor then she should endure all the sufferings that the Fujin needs to go through. She failed to take care of the manor well, never came to greet me like Taebi did, didn't bow properly. She is to be flogged a hundred times for her mistake. Bring her down."

Two male servants came into the room and dragged her down as they began the flogs.

"Housekeeper Li, go make sure all the servants in the manor watch her get flogged. Also, if her screams are louder than the flogs. Start all over."

"Yes, Ce'fujin."

A chair was brought out and I sat down on it as I watched her get flogged. The servants all watched as some of them slightly flinch.

I looked at them, "All of you better look carefully, from now on if anyone makes a mistake in the manor. From the smallest thing like giving me the wrong choice of tea leaves. She will be flogged."

Wei endured the pain as the flogs continued and she speaks.

"C-Ce'fujin... if.... if.... Fujin.... was.... here.... will you... do the same...?"

"No, I won't."

"Ce'fujin!"

"Taebi is the rightful owner here. She is the Fujin and it's normal to make mistakes. Furthermore, she is the daughter of Kang Qinwang. How would I dare to flog her? So for any mistake she makes, you will be flogged too."

"Ce'fujin... you're.... bi-biased!"

I smirk, "I am indeed... sister Mina passed away, if not for Kang Qinwang Fujin, Kamala wouldn't able to make it. 17 years ago, when sister Mina was the target of the conflict between the Hirai Clan and the Kimgiya Clan, if not for Kang Qinwang Fujin. Rong Junwang wouldn't be able to receive protection. If sister Mina was here today, she would protect Taebi too, even if a stranger is here they would be able to see who was the victim here."

"Ce'fujin.... I... I don't.... I don't believe you've never wanted to be Fujin..."

"Why would I want a position that is out of my reach? Besides, Taebi's position of Fujin was something that Khun went down on his knees for before His Majesty. Khun also kneeled before Kang Qinwang Fujin and the Ce'fujin. You were just here because your Ah'ma threatened to end his life if Rong Junwang didn't take you in. If only I stopped sister Mina from being soft-hearted back then, Taebi would be taking care of her child properly."

Wei was angry and I leaned back on my chair.

"The flogs seem to be too soft that Lady Wei can speak. If you don't flog her hard enough, I will flog you to death. Aren't you going to start over?"

The two guards bows, "Yes, Ce'fujin."

Soon after, the flogs started again.

"I can't hear the sound of the flogs!"

The guards switched and the flogs started again. I looked into her eyes as she gave me the look of hatred and injustice. I smirk as I looked at her, like I was looking at someone who didn't matter. It was only at nightfall that the flogs finally finished.

"All of you have seen this. If anyone else dares to not respect the Fujin of Rong Junwang, it is a huge disrespect to the previous Jun Qinwang Fujin and also the Emperor. Rong Junwang Fujin is the granddaughter of the Emperor. If anyone dares to disrespect her, be careful of your heads."

"Yes, Ce'fujin."

"Alright, I'm tired." I held out my hand as Jina took it and helped me stand up, "All of you better wake up and engrave the rightful owners of this manor into your head."

The servants all kneeled, "Yes, Ce'fujin."

I glanced at the lady, "You are a mistress here, remember that no matter how you try to climb up, there will always be the word 'Step' before your title. Even if Taebi dies, she dies as the legitimate and original Fujin of Rong Junwang. No one can replace it."

"Y-yes, Ce'fujin..."

(A/N: There are multiple Titles in a Qinwang Manor:
1. Fujin (Primary Fujin/Wife)
2. Ce'fujin (Secondary Fujin)
3. Shu'fujin (Illegitimate Fujin)
4. Shi'qie ()
5. Gege (psps. Gingjiya's position doesn't seem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter