Chapter 3

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taehyung's pov]

I was reading some scrolls about state affairs in my office when Hoshi came in.

"Wang'ye."

"What is it?"

Hoshi did a side squat then stood up, "Junwang of the Kumpimook Clan is here to see you."

I sighed, "Send him in."

I placed the scrolls down and walked to my sitting area as Bambam came in.

"Kim Taehyung!"

I watched as he came in.

"What is it?"

"Don't be so cold to your longtime friend!"

I sighed, "Cut the talk."

He smirked and sat down next to me, "I saw Yerin today."

"What?" I looked at him as he took a sip of tea.

"I saw Yerin today."

"I know, why were you even there?"

He chuckled, "Rest assured, I'm not like you. I am loyal."

"So?"

"Yerin seems strong but when I saw her, she was crying."

I was silent.

"Her personal maidservant said she was crying over you."

"Don't spout nonsense."

He glanced at me, "Don't spout nonsense? Do you think her personal maidservant will say such nonsense?"

I sighed, "She said she doesn't love me anymore."

"But when I went there, Yerin said that she lied to herself. She said she denied her feelings so she won't feel hurt again. Yerin said she remembers that her happiest moment in her life is being with you."

"Really?"

"I won't lie about such things."

"How can I get her back after so much? It is good she denies her feelings."

"Taehyung, she loves you but to love you with the trauma she had is impossible."

"Trauma?"

Bambam placed down his teacup, "She said she's afraid to get hurt again. From what she didn't say and I didn't ask because this is between the two of you. You and her were in love once and still are. So you should know her personality well."

I gave a cold laugh, "If I knew her well I wouldn't wrong her.. Because of me, she almost lost her child."

"Taemin is your child too. I'm sure you met him once, he's growing to look like you."

"I thought once Jennie got her punishment, she will come back to me."

"If it were that easy to convince Yerin.. but when I saw her, Yerin seemed so bad, she was still in her sleepwear and her eyes were all red.. Her personal maidservants were so worried for her. Her room was dark and she held onto her ruyi scepture as her maidservant combed her hair but she was staring into space."

I sighed, "It's all my fault.. If we didn't meet."

"But.. I believe you guys are meant to be."

I looked at the satchet that was hanging on the belt of my outfit, taking it off gently.

"She made this for me but I wanted to burn it.. when we ended she held onto my pendant so dearly and never let it go. But I wanted to burn her satchet and our memories because I thought she cheated on me."

"Find one day and apologise or keep chasing her.."

Bambam pat my shooulders and left.

[Yerin's pov]

I sat down in front of my vanity and opened the drawers, taking out a hairstick and looked at it.

{Flashback}

7 years ago...

Yerin was playing the pipa at the riverside when she met Taehyung.

"Hello.."

Yerin stopped playing and looked at Taehyung, "Who are you?"

"Beile of the Kim's Clan!"

Yerin held her pipa and did a deep squat.

Taehyung smiled and sat down, pulling Taehyung next to him.

"Can we be friends?"

Yerin nodded, "Yes."

"What's your name?"

"Yerin."

"I'm Taehyung! Your hairstick is so beautiful.."

{Flashback ends}

I stared at the hairstick and comb my hair myself.

Eunha entered and rushed over, "Zhu'er! Let me help!"

I shook my head, "No.."

"Zhu'er.. Are you better now."

"Yes.."

I tied my hair into a braided bun with Eunha assisting. I inserted the hairstick to hold onto my hair. I wore a plain outfit and stood up with Eunha supporting my arm with her right hand and holding onto my left hand with hers, my arm lifted slightly as we walked out.

"Eunha.."

"Zhu'er!"

I smiled, "Get my pipa and prepare the carriage.."

"Zhu'er, where are we going?"

"Somewhere familiar."

I retreated my hand and Eunha did a half squat before walking in with Eunmi while Eunhee walked out to prepare the carriage.

"Zhu'er, got the pipa!"

I glanced to see Eunmi carrying the box which contained my pipa and smiled as I held out my hand which Eunha took to support me.

"Let's go."

Eunha nodded as she walked with me with Eunmi following behind.

"Zhu'er!" Eunhee came over and bend her knees slightly.

I glanced at the basket she carried, "What..?"

"Zhu'er, I'm not sure where you want to go but you have not ate in a few days. So I packed some snacks and tea."

I smiled and nod, "Alright then."

Eunhee moved to the side to let me walk first before she joined Eunmi at the back of the carriage. Eunha helped me onto the carriage and closed the curtain before getting down.

"Let's go!"

I moved the side curtain slightly to glance at the scene outside and I looked at Eunh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter