Chapter 38

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I sit down in my room as I sip on tea. Eunhee fans me as I glance at the baby girl lying in the crib, sleeping peacefully. I smile as I pat her.

"Gongju..."

Eunhee looks at me before she speaks, "Zhu'er, do you think Jun Qinwang will come?"

"Mina's death may seem shocking to him, but I know.. all of them are the same. Jun Qinwang, Han Qinwang, Emperor Yoongi... they are all the same."

"Zhu'er..."

I turned to Eunhee, "Right.. we keep pushing back the trip to Joseon. I will make a trip to Joseon with the children after these three months."

Eunhee bends her knees, "Yes, Zhu'er."

"Eunhee, has Taemin or Yeon chose their bride?"

"Not yet.."

Jung Ho enters the room and bends his right knee while pointing his right fist out, "Gongju." He then stands up.

"Speak."

"Heshuo Que Gongju is here."

"Naeun? Send her in!"

Naeun enters the room with her servant, she bends her knees slightly while her servant lowers down on one knee. Eunhee bends her knees while Jung Ho kneels.

"Greetings to Heshuo Ci Gongju."

I smiled, "Naeun, take a seat."

"Thank you~"

I nod as she takes a seat while Eunhee preps tea for her before returning to my side.

"What brings you here?"

Naeun smiles, "I just went to pay respect to Jun Qinwang Fujin and made a stop here."

I pick up my teacup and take a sip of tea as she fidgets.

"Nauen... is there anything you need?"

She looks at me, "This..." Naeun got up and lowers down on one knee with her servant kneeling, "Heshuo Ci Gongju, please allow me to get married to brother Taemin."

"What? Naeun... this..."

"Heshuo Ci Gongju....please... I asked Royal Father for permission but he said that I should ask of your opinion first."

I smiled, "Naeun, get up first."

"No! If you don't agree, then I won't!"

"Naeun, it's not that I don't wish to agree to this marriage but... have you ask for Taemin's opinion? His opinion matters the most."

Naeun looks up as I smile.

"Naeun, if you wish to marry into the Kang Qinwang Manor. We welcome you. I know you are the daughter of Royal Uncle and I will treat you like my own daughter too. However, when it comes to marriage I am not the one taking charge. The both of you are. As long as you want to marry the person you love, I will be supportive of it."

I hold out my hand as Naeun takes it and stands up with her servant.

"Did Taemin say anything?"

Naeun blushes, "Brother Taemin actually promised me months ago he will marry me..."

I chuckle, "So he did... alright, you go and tell Royal Uncle I am supportive of it. However, since Mina just passed on. The marriage will be held back for six months. The marriage will take place after the mourning period."

Naeun nods, "I understand."

"Naeun..." I pat her hand, "A marriage isn't easy. I hope you will help me take care and support Taemin in whatever he does. Ever since he was 10, he didn't manage to get all of my attention because I had to take care of the other children, but he still grew up well and so respectful. I want you to be the greatest support he can be."

Naeun nods, "I will... Ci Gongju."

I smiled, "Alright, you should return to the Palace and tell your Royal Father."

Naeun nods as she bends her knees slightly, "I take my leave."

"Jung Ho, send Que Gongju to the door."

Jung Ho bows as Naeun leaves with her servant and Jung Ho following behind.

"Gongju."

I sighed as I glanced at Eunhee, "Since Grandfather's time, the Jung's Family has managed to gain our own set of army. Now when it came to brother Hoseok and me, it became a personal army used and only controllable by the Flower Cloud Pavilion or the Jung's Seal. Royal Uncle must be curious about how to control the Jung's Army."

"Gongju, then do you think that Naeun Gongju has a motive too?"

"She can try to have one, but her love for Taemin is greater than anything. However, that also doesn't rule out the fact the possibility that Royal Uncle might use her. Tell the guards to be cautious."

Eunhee bends her knees, "Yes, Zhu'er."

I nod as I glance at Mina's daughter, patting her to sleep.

"Eunhee, open the gates till midnight. If Bhuwakul doesn't come by tonight, then we will wait until tomorrow. Also inform the different divisions to lay low for now."

"Yes, Zhu'er."

I look up from my book slightly, "Any updates on the Empress?"

"Her Majesty seems to be in confinment still. All of her servants were retreated except for two new servants."

I smirked, "Tell t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter