TWO

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone stood up when the door of the meeting room been opened. All the voices from their chit-chatting before were vanished and turned into silence after the President of the company walked into the room. All of them bowed and sat down after Mr Kim gestured them to sit. His PA, Mr Lee was busy giving out to all the directors a proposal for each of them. The directors were looking at each other when they read the title of the proposal. ‘SERENITY FOUNDATION’.

“Good morning gentlemen and ladies”, Mr Kim looked at each of the directors presented in the meeting room. He gave them a smile and continued “As you can see and read there is a proposal in front of you. Today meeting is about SERENITY FOUNDATION. I think it is the time our company makes a foundation to help other people. Please read it and give your opinion”, Mr Kim gestured his hand to mask them to read it. All of them quickly read the proposal while Mr Kim just watched their reactions. Some of them were nodding while reading, frown also can be seen and some mumble can be heard.

After 20 minutes, a voice can be heard, “Mr Kim don’t you think it is a waste for us to build a foundation? Well because till today we are okay with giving money to people in need with sponsorship and all. I think we will need to spend more money than usual for it and plus building a foundation need a special team”.

Mr Kim gave him a smile appreciating the middle age man who was Director of HR because of his opinion. Some of the directors were nodding their heads, some what agreed with what Mr Kang had said.

 “Excuse me, but I think the proposal is already complete and it is true that our company is stable enough to make a foundation. Financial reports from 2015 up till now show that our company have received revenue from 400% to 700%. It shows that we are more than ready and stable for this foundation”, Yuri as the Director of Finance said. Mr Kim also gave her a smile but more cheerful because he knew that his granddaughter’s best friend was indirectly support his idea and approved it.

“Still we need to consider what Mr Kang had said. We need a team to complete this foundation. Someone needs to take care of this because establish something new need more effort and supervision. From what Ms Kwon has said we are more than ready but we need to discuss this to the deep and in details”,Taeyeon for the first time since the meeting was held said her opinion.

She then asked Marketing Director was there any disadvantages to the company if the foundation was made and asked all of the directors to come out with disadvantages. Only 2 directors came out with some disadvantages like what will be happen if the foundation did not survive or if the foundation will make the company had some problems or issues. However, all of the disadvantages had been solved when some of the directors had gave their opinion on it. On how to make it survive, placing some trusted people for the base of the foundation and all.

They had been discussing the matters for hours and only got out of the meeting room with tired plus relief faces in the evening. They had decided to go on with President’s proposal and saw a lot of advantages the company will get with the established of the said foundation. Mr Kim was so happy that his idea was accepted. Even he had the veto power at the company as the President, he was not someone who will use it like that. He still respects the directors’ opinions because for him, even though he was the owner of this multibillion company, the figure behind all of the success, he still can be wrong in his judgements.

Things had been decided, Taeyeon and Yuri will supervise the foundation. HR Director will scout some more people that had more knowledge in managing a foundation to help the CEO and Finance Director. They were more than happy especially the gentlemen because Mr Kim had announced Tiffany Young will become the spokesperson of this foundation. Claps can be heard and the gentleman had that stupid uncle grinned as what Yuri thought.

 

“Yul don’t you think harabeoji has any agenda behind this foundation?”, the young CEO asked her friend when both of them were sitting on the sofa in her office. Clock had ticked to 6pm so work hours were end hour ago made both of them just relaxing there after the meeting. She had find it weird because her grandpa had proposed this idea so sudden even he did not tell her. Well, it was not like her grandpa will tell her everything but it was unusual for her grandpa to make a proposal without telling her first. The proposal was complete and that mean he really wanted this foundation to be established. She knew her grandpa will do anything to make sure the directors agreed with his proposal if it turned out the opposite way.

“Nope. Why? Do you have something in mind?”, Yul raised her eyebrow and looked at Taeyeon who was shaking her head.

“Well, I think it is so sudden but harabeoji is right Tae. It is time our company has a separate foundation to help others. And besides we get to help them, our image will become more likeable”, Taeyeon frowned made her frowned too “Why?”

“Ani…but it feels weird Yul. He did not tell me about this”

“Don’t think to much. Maybe he already plans it for a long time and now he just has the opportunity to make it. You know harabeoji really likes to help those poor people, right?”

Taeyeon nodded, “But….haishhh I don’t know Yul. It feels weird every time I think about it. Maybe he didn’t tell me because he still mad at me because of that video. Hurmm maybe”, she said it to Yuri but importantly she tried to convince herself.

“He stills mad at you? Our shares rise up after you make the press conference. Netizens also believe that you just too drunk that made you said nonsense”. After the press conference, everyone believe that Taeyeon was innocent and she just drunk and spat something she did not mean it. They believe someone like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter