TWENTY

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a busy day in Kim Corp due to the due dates of various projects that they needed to complete. All of the employees including the employers were all occupied with their own works that sometimes made them cannot go home on time. There will always few lamps still open in different departments.

Like few days ago, Taeyeon was still doing her works and did not go back home even though Mr Moon was already out, and many people were laying on their beds right now. From the morning, she had been reading all of the contracts, documents and proposals that needed her approval.

She had not left her office yet, and thanks to Yeri, her stomach still got the food needed. The younger girl had bought her dinner too because Yeri knew how stubborn her boss can be, and how she would forget about taking care of herself if she was occupied with her works.

“Erghh..”, she stretched her stiff body and her fingers were kneading her stiff neck which was always gave problem to her. Her eyes were on the kimbap wrappers that had been eaten by herself. She took the water and gulped it down until not feel like sandpaper anymore.

Taeyeon was hungry because she just ate rolls of kimbap for today and she wanted to eat some kimchi jiggae or ramyun but her workaholic self, rejected the idea and convinced herself to start reading those documents again. Eating something like that will make her spend sometimes just to eat and she knew if she even stop for 5 minutes, she needed to extend her time in the office.

 

Unknown to Taeyeon, someone entered her office quietly and the CEO did not even notice the little noise of her door nor the footsteps that were unheard. That person was looking at her with amused face because Taeyeon serious face was something that will make anyone scare of her but for that person, it was not just scare her but also the other version of the CEO.

That intruder leaned her back against the wall, waiting for the CEO to realise that there was another human being in the office apart from her. She was tapping her fingers on her phone, contemplating whether she should just call the CEO or not. She had this feeling that Taeyeon would not notice she was in the same room as her.

Her smiles lighted up when she saw Taeyeon looked at her vibrated phone besides her. She watched the woman answer her phone call, so she opened the loudspeaker mode.

“Hello, Fany-ah”, Taeyeon decided to say first when she cannot hear anything from the person who called her. Her face turned into a shocked one when she heard her voice from inside the office. Head shot up straight and the phone in her grasped was almost felt when she saw Tiffany in her office, leaning comfortably against the wall.

“W-what are you doing here?”. Taeyeon can’t help herself and stuttered in front of the singer because she was surprised seeing that woman. Suddenly she became self-conscious of her appearance right now, so she quickly flattened her hair and shirt.

“I’m bored and hungry”. The intruder which was Tiffany walked towards the chair in front of Taeyeon and sat down. Her smile never wipes out from her face even though it was past midnight and her body was feeling tired.

“How did you know I’m here?”

“I guess luck is on myside”. Tiffany can see Taeyeon just nodded her head, did not know what to say anymore. The confused expression that Taeyeon wore was hilarious for her, so she let out small giggles. It made the older woman more confused than before. Tiffany can see Taeyeon was raising her eyebrow, asking her what’s wrong, but she the small giggles turned to her laugh loudly, clapping her hands together.

“Yaaa…”

“Mian..mian. Your face is so funny TaeTae. Are you free right now?”, Tiffany replied after her series of attempts, trying to cool down from her laughter. She can see Taeyeon’s eyes were not on her, so her shoulder deflected, and her lips turned into a pout. “You’re that busy?”

Hearing Tiffany talking with that such sad voice, even though she knew it was half fake, made her eyes looked at Tiffany’s but she regretted her action. With those pouty lips and puppy eyes, how come she could turn down such a beautiful woman’s invitation. Despite the fact she needed to finish review those documents and before this she did not even wanted to go out to have a proper dinner because she did not want to waste her time, Taeyeon still nodded her head.

All of her worries about the documents were vanished when Tiffany gave her the eye smiles. She took some documents and put it in her bag along with her laptop. After that, both of them went out of the office, searching for the food to fill in their stomach.

Tiffany sent a text message to someone when they were in Taeyeon’s car.

We’re otw to have dinner.

Unnie will make sure she rest well.

Thanks Yeri.

 

 

“But Fany-ah, I need to go back to office”

“Why…”, she whined while holding the older woman’s hand. “It’s past working hour already. I just want to have sleepover with my friend”, she stopped and looked at Taeyeon’s eyes. “My friend who I miss a lot”.

After she uttered that last sentence, she can see Taeyeon nodded while she was jumping happily. She side hug the CEO and muttered her thanks. She missed the older woman and because of their busy schedules, they cannot meet often nor having the sleepovers. After their so-called relationship was announced, both of them had becoming closer and if she was not mistaken, they had sleepover in Tiffany’s house two times already. She never entered Taeyeon’s house yet and Tiffany plan that she did not want to do it. Why? Let’s say she had her own reason for that.

Taeyeon turned her head slightly so she can see Tiffany’s face. Just by looking at her smiley face made Taeyeon happy, so she had told herself that she would try to give whatever the woman wants, as seeing Tiffany shot her those eye smiles were really something that she would cherish a lot. Even though her heart was acting weird with those unnecessary aches whenever Tiffany said ‘friend’ or when her heart beats like crazy just because of simple gestures from the woman, Taeyeon would just forget about it and focus more on making the singer happy. She would say that she was a coward for running away from the reality that her heart will go haywire because of Tiffany but for someone like her, she thought it was the best, for her and Tiffany.

Sometimes, Taeyeon wanted to beat herself up whenever she heard the ‘friend’ word from Tiffany. It was because of her own mouth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter