SIX

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon parked her car near the place she needed to attend. She inhaled and exhaled. Her gripped on the wheel became tighter same as her heart. It was tightening until it was hard for her to breath like a normal person. She tried hard to stay calm but the images of that particular scene did not want to go out from her mind. It kept playing, taunting her.

Her phone kept ringing but she did not answer. She looked at the name ‘Yuri’. She sighed and took a deep breath before answering the second times her friend called her.

“Oh..Yul”

“Where are you Taeng?”

“I’m on my way”

“Are you okay?”, her friend asked her with a worried voice. She chuckled and said she was okay and ended the call. She looked at the back mirror of her car and laughed at her pathetic self. She can see sweats formed on her forehead and her nose was flaring, trying to have more oxygens coming. She quickly wiped out the sweats and drove her car to the orphanage. Before going out she looked at the mirror one more time and smirked.

 

 

“Thank you to all of you who come today to our first event. As the person who is in charge in this foundation, I’m so glad and happy we get so much supports from all of you. We, Kim Corp and SERENITY Foundation tried our best to make this event today and many events in the future to be successful and we hope we do a great job to help people in need. We believe that if we did not care who will care. I end my speech for today and let our beautiful spokesperson Ms Tiffany Young to brief to all of you what will we do throughout this event. I think most of you want to hear her voice, right? Hahhaa I know it”.

Taeyeon gave the mic to Tiffany and all the people attended clapped their hands. She did not know they clapped for her or Tiffany but she did not care. She looked at her new friend talked and engaged with people there about their event today and what this foundation’s aims. She went to stand beside Yuri.

Yuri let out her hand in front of Taeyeon and her eyebrows raised, questioning what her friend wanted to do. Yuri looked at Taeyeon’s hand and her hand but the small woman did not understand it and showed her cute puzzled face. The Finance Director just facepalmed then took Taeyeon’s hand into hers.

It made Taeyeon’s eyes turn wide and tried to let go of her hand from Yuri’s grasped. “Yah Yuri what are you doing?”, hissed Taeyeon but the tan girl just turned a deaf ear.

“People will misunderstand about it black monkey”

“I don’t care”

“What’s on your mind”

“It’s you. What’s on your mind midget?”

“I’m not thinking anything”

“I’m worried Taeyeon-ah”, she said quietly so only Taeyeon can hear about it. She turned her head towards her friend when she can feel that Taeyeon was looking at her.

“About what?”
“About you…this place”, her eyes wandered around the place. They were in the backyard of the first orphanage they were going to help. They were many people here because it was the first event. Mr Kim, directors, investors, reporters and orphans there. She was worried about her friend because she knew, Taeyeon did not only hate this kind of place but she also loathes this place.

“Gwenchana Yul. I’m okay, don’t worry”, Taeyeon patted her hand and gave her a smile that Yuri knew better it was fake. She sighed and looked into Taeyeon’s eyes which the latter did the same. She sometimes can read Taeyeon like an open book but the other times, she will see nothing, and that was happening right now. Black without soul and happiness façade by her fake smile on her face.

Like a telepathy, she can hear Taeyeon kept repeating ‘it’s okay’ but she will reply back with ‘are you sure’. When the look on Taeyeon’s face showed ‘please’, Yuri smiles forcefully and muttered “I’ll be here no matter what”.

“Yahhh..what are you two doing with holding hands?”, their moment was interrupted by none other than Choi Shikshin with Im Shikshin beside her. They quickly let go of each other hands and acted like nothing happened. Act like idiots were their forte and it was the same as those duo shikshin because right now, Yoona was ‘investigating’ their hands like a detective. She used her fingers to make a circle and acted like it was a magnifying glass, tried to search for any evidence to lead her into something that she did not know too.

“Stop it, Yoong. People are looking at you like you are a crazy girl”, Taeyeon said while ruffling the younger girl’s hair. It made the third tallest among them pouted. Sooyoung shoved her because of Yoona’s annoying face and they started the fight of shoving each other with four of them kept shoving like kids.

“Ehermm”

That voice startled them and made them stopped their childish banter. They quickly smooth their suits and bowed at Mr Kim who looked at them like he wanted to eat them alive and there also, Tiffany stood beside him with a face who trying so hard not to laugh.

“May I know what are you guys doing right now?”.

“Mianhe harabeoji. It is my idea to play around with them. I need to practice so the kids won’t be bored playing with me”, the grandchildren reasoned out to her grandpa. Mr Kim looked at them with his stoned face before shook her head with smiles on his face.

“Aigoo…just go playing with them. No need to practice. People will think you guys are the kids if you keep playing like that. Ish ish ish”.

“Hehehe mianhe President”, Yuri bowed and the two shikshin followed her.

“Aniyo gwenchana. Have fun with the kids guys. You guys had done so much for these past few months to help me build this foundation. Gomawo Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung”, Mr Kim shake hands with the three of them and when he saw Yoona and Sooyoung shocked faces he asked “It’s okay I call you two by your names right? You guys are Taeyeonnie’s friends so I thought calling you Ms Im and Ms Choi make me become a horrible harabeoji for Taeyeon”.

Both of them shook their heads. “Aniya. It’s okay President”

“Good. Go play with the kids. Miyoung-ah please teach these four grown up woman how to play with kids kay. Please teach them properly. I’m scared they will scare the kids. Especially my unfriendly granddaughter”, teased Mr Kim before bid his goodbye to the five women there. Taeyeon grunted at her grandfather’s words while the other women just laughed at her face. Laughing really hard till other people looked at them.

“I-I th-ink we need to ban unnie from playing with the kids. She will scare them. Hahahah”, Yoona had a hard time to control her laughed. Her statement made others laughed again and they literally agreed on her which made the CEO grunted loudly.

“Yah stop it. I know how to play with them”

All of them looked at her with amused faces and Taeyeon knew they doubted her. She huffed before literally stomped towards the place where the orphans were now playing with the volunteers from their company. She was determined to show that her friends were wronged but upon nearing the orphans, her steps halted. There was a lump in that made things worst.

“Unnie”

A small hand touched her right leg.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter