TWENTY-SIX

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, Kim Taeyeon”

 

That voice. Taeyeon shuddered, her jaw tightened. Her hand gripped her phone tightly. Trying to control her breathing and heart that was pumping like crazy.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Oh, Taeyeonnie. Don’t use that tone to me. It does not suit my sweet little girl”

 

 “I’m, NOT. YOUR. LITTLE. GIRL.”, her tone was rough, implying that she really did not want to entertain whatever the bull this woman wants.

 

“Don’t be so angry at me Taeyeon. I just wanna ask about your wellbeing. I’m a good guardian, right?”

 

“You are not my guardian. Stop talking nonsense”

 

“Oh oh…Sorry. Let me say it back. I’m your torturer”

 

Taeyeon’s hand was sweating, and her body started to tremble. The memories that she tried so hard to forget suddenly came back and taunting her. It was like those horrible things that happened to her years ago was still happening. And that made her scared.

 

“Cat get your tongue? I’ll let you go for today, Taeyeonnie. See you soon”

 

And after the call was ended, her phone was dropped to the floor, her hands were lifelessly on her side. Colour drained from her face showed that she was so tired, and the most important thing was, she was frightened. It was a short call but it left Taeyeon miserable.

 

 

***

 

“Ms Kim. How can I help you? Is there anything wrong about our –“

 

“Aniyo, Mrs Park. Everything is good. I was having meeting at this area, so I thought I’m gonna stop to give this to the kids”, Taeyeon showed her hands that were full with plastic containing toys and foods.

 

Mrs Park put her hand over , totally touched with the CEO kindness to the kids in the orphanage. She quickly helps Taeyeon with the plastic and ushered her inside of the small house where 20 of the orphans lived.

 

Mrs Park called the kids and in no times, everyone surrounded them. Taeyeon’s eyes were looking around, trying to find certain doe eyes girl. Kids come and go but she still cannot find her.

 

“Ermm, Mrs Park?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter