FOUR

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was driving around the city after work. She did not feel like to be at the usual club nor went home this early. Reason? Well let’s just said she did not have any reason. Her body needs some fresh air and consumed alcohol every night will surely take a toll on her health.

She was stressed because of the new foundation plus her current work but she did not let it showed. To everyone she was a perfect, talented and brilliant woman but to her, she was only a lonely person. Wait now she had the ‘real’ reason why she wanted to take some fresh air. She was tired. Deadly tired of expectation that she needed no scratch it MUST oblige.

She hummed along with the songs in her favourite playlist. The playlist that anyone will not like to hear it because it was full of ballad songs. As what Yuri always said “Taeng, I’ll definitely sleep after listening to your choices”. But Taeyeon did not care about what people said about her choices of music.

Because for her, the sadder the song, the sadder her heart will be. When her heart sad, she can finally let loose. She can finally feel like her old self.

She was driving towards the outskirt of Seoul. She let her foot pressed the pedal and did not think about her destination. The feeling of going to a place she was not sure of without any plan made her felt so much free. She felt happy and that was the definition of taking some fresh air for her. For her it did not matter what she did but as long as it gave her the feeling of free from her burdens, it was the same as having some fresh air.

Why? Because for her, she was trapped. Trapped in her past and present. Surrounded by responsibilities that young Taeyeon needed to take control and did her best. She always needs to do her best. It was always the best and nothing lower than that. She would not let herself down.

If anyone asked Taeyeon who would she put the fault on, she will definitely without needed to think ‘herself’. She blamed herself for these expectations, loneliness and pain. Well of course there were always exterior factors but the interior factor which was her, was the main reason. She chuckled on how pathetic her life was.

For other people, they will feel jealous of her life. The heiress of one of the richest families in the world, the CEO of Kim Corp at such a young age, having people bowed at her, men and women flocked around her tried to please the heiress and the amount of zero in her account number surely made people envied her.

But for her, if she can choose or if she had the gut to disappoint her family, she will choose to be a commoner. She wanted to live in a medium house where she can easily find her parents just like that without having to ask the maids or went to the beaches or playgrounds like other kids will do. She wanted to experience having trusted friends that did not have any intention to get her parents’ money.

She was hoping she can do that, but she had come to a realization that her hope will always only be a hope. She cannot dream more than the hope. She realized her situation right now. So she tried, tried hard to understand and be thankful to God, her parents and her grandpa for such amazing life she had.

She stopped at a fast food shop and ordered herself a set of burger, fries and coke at the drive thru to accompany her travelling night. Her stomach had growled because the last time she ate was at the lunch meeting she had with one of the investors of her new shopping mall. “Thank you please come again”, she smiled at the cheerful girl and drove away into the night.

She was driving towards the nearby park, credits to the girl at the burger place who suggested her to go there. After 10 minutes, she saw a park with a lot of lights in there. It was clear from people because it was 10pm already. Most of the people must be asleep or ready to bed right now. After locked her car, she went to the bench with her dinner or we can say it as supper.

She opened the wrap and took a large bite of the burger. The intoxicating and delicious smell of the burger made her become hungrier than before. While munching, her eyes travelled around the park. It was a medium size park with a few swings and slides. She smiles a little when she remembered her visits to the park with her family when she was a kid. If she counted it correctly, she had been playing in playground for six times only and that was it.

Taeyeon ate her burger quickly, dumped it in the nearby dustbin and walked towards the slide. She looked around, checking the area then climbed up the stairs. With hands over her head, she was sliding down the slide and here there was, her wide innocent cute grinned and her scarce dimple chin had finally made a comeback. Thanks to her small figure she fit on the slide. She was very happy and continued to slide down and playing with the swing for another half an hour.

Anyone who saw her will think that she was a maniac because she kept laughing and playing like a kid but they did not know, the CEO missed to play like that. She did not have so much opportunities back there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter